Page 53 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2328333843484950515253545556575863687378 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,590 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    What the media says is what developer tell them... developer will surely say only 180 units released, in case take up is not too strong. However, if a buyer steps in and say he wants to buy from that stack which is not released, price list is already available and transaction can be made easily.
    Yes I was thinking this too. If only 180 units available, how come the price list shows so many units? People step in to buy a particular stack / unit, they won't be turned away right?

But honestly the result is quite stunning, not bad for first two days. Really a lot of rich people in Singapore. Let's see if really got so many rich people who like to stay in Bishan.

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    Yes I was thinking this too. If only 180 units available, how come the price list shows so many units? People step in to buy a particular stack / unit, they won't be turned away right?

But honestly the result is quite stunning, not bad for first two days. Really a lot of rich people in Singapore. Let's see if really got so many rich people who like to stay in Bishan.
    A lot of rich, young, civil servants ....

renamed to (Garmen) Scholar Habitat
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Oh forgot to add, their only actions until now is to introduce CMs that will curb resales much more than new launch so that if people want to buy, it is more favorable to buy new launch, hence new launch can sell super well, and they can continue to release and sell more land! OCR new launch cheong ah! They also huat ah!
    Now action seems to be curbing resale in favor of new launch. Then after 1 to 2 years, they tighten policies on new launch and relax on resale...Wah like this those you buy new now Huat ahhh....

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Now action seems to be curbing resale in favor of new launch. Then after 1 to 2 years, they tighten policies on new launch and relax on resale...Wah like this those you buy new now Huat ahhh....
    Actually either way the govt huat ahh !!

This question just came to me.

Since SH is seen to be an iconic building, I wonder if the govt will preserve it after the 99 years lease is up (assuming the building is still strong and stable after all those years).

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    This question just came to me.

Since SH is seen to be an iconic building, I wonder if the govt will preserve it after the 99 years lease is up (assuming the building is still strong and stable after all those years).
    iconic is CAPL say one hor, govt never stepped out to say its iconic..

I think the announcements of the number of units released / made available for private condos can always be "manipulated" to suit the developers' marketing / PR objectives.

At least for Executive Condos, there is no manipulation of the number of units released since they are all released at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    A lot of rich, young, civil servants ....
    Don't think their salary commands that sort of property commitment. They probably have other sources of income or cash on hand.. Forgive my skepticism.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Don't think their salary commands that sort of property commitment. They probably have other sources of income or cash on hand.. Forgive my skepticism.
    Those at director levels (these people could be in their early to mid 30s) may be able to earn about $15K a month. Those at deputy director levels could earn about $10K a month.

If husband and wife are both at similar levels in the govt, this means combined income of $25K to $30K. Can easily afford a $2M unit especially if they are careful about their spending.

iconic is CAPL say one hor, govt never stepped out to say its iconic..
    Maybe some day in the future, our National Heritage Board will gazette this as a national monument !

(Note: Buildings gazetted as national monuments are selected for their social-historical significance. These buildings not only have architectural merit but were important to the community and the people.)

what are people going to do with slanted balcony? customized furniture ?

Quote Originally Posted by Juniper
    Where are all the era agents in this forum?

busy on the streets pulling in customers who qualify for the additional +1%+1% !

Maybe some day in the future, our National Heritage Board will gazette this as a national monument !

(Note: Buildings gazetted as national monuments are selected for their social-historical significance. These buildings not only have architectural merit but were important to the community and the people.)
    unlikely to happen cos' then the owners cannot enbloc to sell at 3000psf in 30 years time.

Hello? Just because the foreign architect got win awards for OTHER developments overseas before and this one copy the other one doesn't mean this one will win award or got "heritage" value hor. Sometimes designer also come up with mediocre stuff. This one I think will not have any heritage value...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Hello? Just because the foreign architect got win awards for OTHER developments overseas before and this one copy the other one doesn't mean this one will win award or got "heritage" value hor. Sometimes designer also come up with mediocre stuff. This one I think will not have any heritage value...

Ha ha - just throwing some food for thought.

I don't think it will have any heritage value too - it can meet the criteria for architectural merit (this aspect is debatable) but I doubt it would meet the criteria of being important to the community or the people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    If the profile of buyers is truely HDB upgraders buying for their own residence, 4y SSD + ABSD probably is not a major consideration.
    I wonder if these brave souls are fans of warren buffett - buy when others are fearful!!!!
    Easily 黑目壳!!!!!!

regards

ask your wife to stand at the furthest end of the balcony, put her 2 arms horizontal and imagine she's Rose in titanic? romantic leh.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    what are people going to do with slanted balcony? customized furniture ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Sloped balconies concept is not alien to Singapore. For inspiration as to how sky habitat will look like in 30 years' time, go look at golden mile complex. Come to think of it, golden mile complex has a waterfront view which SH is lacking too.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    ask your wife to stand at the furthest end of the balcony, put her 2 arms horizontal and imagine she's Rose in titanic? romantic leh.
    Wah biang... And to do the full suite, your wife should loudly proclaim in Rose style - "You jump, I jump"...

And only to land on all the wet laundry of the downstairs neighbor's. Rofl...

rofl!!! this is even better - Titanic 4D version

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian
    Wah biang... And to do the full suite, your wife should loudly proclaim in Rose style - "You jump, I jump"...

And only to land on all the wet laundry of the downstairs neighbor's. Rofl...
    No more maid/kid falling accident for SH... CAPL should sell this as a feature ... at most land on your downstairs balcony

In Titanic, can see the vast ocean all the way to the horizon.
    In SH, see MRT depot, mosque, stadium or that grinning uncle in the opposite block?

Just don't copy what Leonardo did in Titanic - spit from the balcony !

another selling point for this development. buy two units, with one directly above the other. the top for mistress and the unit below for wife. anytime the wife comes banging on the door, u jump down and appear instantly at home

Haha CAPL is actively marketing sky habitat in china right? There may be a whole family of "Leonardo di Kopi-orh" upstairs hor..

Even if you jump I jump also won't die because got balcony below to "hop" you.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    another selling point for this development. buy two units, with one directly above the other. the top for mistress and the unit below for wife. anytime the wife comes banging on the door, u jump down and appear instantly at home
    Someone bought two 3 bedroom units - one on 33rd floor and one on 35th floor, and he intends to rent out both units. He can use this as a selling point

Don't pray pray, with all these hidden features ... price may hit beyond 2kpsf in 1y time

It is another The Sail or South Bank in the making ..

Someone bought two 3 bedroom units - one on 33rd floor and one on 35th floor, and he intends to rent out both units. He can use this as a selling point
    Wow he should also get level 34. Construct internal staircase from the balcony and convert into a super 3 level penthouse for self stay. Good for multi generation families...