Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 27121722232425262728293031323742475257 ... LastLast

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...soleil-sinaran

i would choose this 4 bedder over sky habitat's any time. Jan-12 caveat of $2.75m 1722 sq ft 1597psf shows how difficult it is to sell units of this quantum.

but there will be pple who will take up sky habitat 4 bedder over this.
    well I would choose neither, even without all the CMs.

The design of this one is wrong. Such pattern is not suitable for this location and this country. It's more suitable for sea/water facing and places where sunny hot days are precious commodities not every day affair.

devil: no I'm not vested in Bishan, although I'm very vested in CAPL. $1600 is my expected price for this plot, "branded architect" or not.

can elaborate more on the soleil's 4 bedder layout? i dun quite understand what's bad about it.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Sometimes, it is a real wonder that people say and write things that is so obviously directed at some person or people and then dare not to admit? Real coward indeed! Ha ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    Did I say you? I can't help it if you take shit and smear onto yourself (a Cantonese phase).

Chiobu is a complement? I am not sure though, but I do feel there is a derogatory intent with such words because of the "bu" when used on a young female, just like if people say you are "Young cock"? - Good words? Say you are young "male" seems like a good word right but when become "cock" doesn't seem too good?

i thought chiobu = pretty lady is a complement?

and why are u wasting ur time on such petty things?

let's just discuss sky habitat here.

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Some topic deviation,

from a love doctor perspective, bro devilplate made a lasting impression on sis felicia.

Some of the best romeos around use the methods of a negative hit followed by positive hit to spur emotions of ladies.

The ladies will then wonder why they are so so angry at this guy but actually felt flattered when given a positive hit thereafter.

If the romeo goes missing or lost, the lady curses at him for being MIA but actually misses him.

Btw, before anyone starts cursing at me, this is proven tactic that works.

The whole idea is GET HER ATTENTION!

Just an afternoon leisure post.....

Don't flame me.
    haha this is not new. Korean dramas use this kind of approach pretty much all the time but in different settings and with different characters. Also love triangle/love quadrangle etc etc

Didn't know you are a korean drama expert!
    Sometimes I am amazed that the Koreans can make interesting tv episodes revolving around family / love triangle / love quadrangle.......

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    haha this is not new. Korean dramas use this kind of approach pretty much all the time but in different settings and with different characters. Also love triangle/love quadrangle etc etc

can elaborate more on the soleil's 4 bedder layout? i dun quite understand what's bad about it.
    Aiyoh u mistaken lah. I meant this wonderful bishan one. Even though I look CAPL very up, I find this design really bad I felt CAPL was being taken advantage of ... Pretty much the same way DBS was when it's "asked" to buy over some banks (CAPL was under instruction to introduce "foreign talent" designs to inject some diversity into local property scene. KPLD did it much better)

haha. ic. hmm, but i suspect it could be capitaland's idea. coz u see, bedok resi, the floor plan layout was pretty similar. the foreign talent for this project simply helped to package it with the exterior asthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Aiyoh u mistaken lah. I meant this wonderful bishan one. Even though I look CAPL very up, I find this design really bad I felt CAPL was being taken advantage of ... Pretty much the same way DBS was when it's "asked" to buy over some banks (CAPL was under instruction to introduce "foreign talent" designs to inject some diversity into local property scene. KPLD did it much better)

can any bros pls enlighten me y the layout is considered very lousy? square square layout, issit it what pple like?

i see the 1+S n 2 bedder seems pretty good. pls feel free to share. i hope to learn from bros here also.

Regarding the floor plans, for both the 1+S and 2-bedder, you have to walk THROUGH the kitchen and dining area to get to the living and bedroom. And there's not much of a dining area to speak of. In fact, even the living area looks pretty small. For comparison (not that I'm trying to push this devt), the 2-bedder in Archipelago has a more user-friendly lay-out, with space for the dining area by the side of the kitchen:
    http://www.bedokarchipelagocondo.com...plan/2-bedroom

Thomson Grand has quite a good layout for the 2-bedders as well.

http://www.skyhabitat-bishan.sg/floor_plans.html

2 bedroom 893 sq ft. u flip the balcony backwards, its almost as big as the master + bd rm 2 + living room.

capitaland used to be able to fit queen sized beds in all bedrooms. not any more.

1216 sq ft 3 bedder is the size of an hdb flat. yet, hdb flat doesn't have 2 big balconies, 1 big air con ledge, and able to more than fit queen sized bed in all bedrooms.

1776 sq ft 4 bedder is the worst. 3 balconies and 2 bedrooms so small until can only fit a single bed each. 1 huge + ANOTHER a/c ledge. why need 2?

its not disgusting yet. but capitaland has done better before.

Quote Originally Posted by DaytonaSS
    can any bros pls enlighten me y the layout is considered very lousy? square square layout, issit it what pple like?

i see the 1+S n 2 bedder seems pretty good. pls feel free to share. i hope to learn from bros here also.

Regarding the floor plans, for both the 1+S and 2-bedder, you have to walk THROUGH the kitchen and dining area to get to the living and bedroom. And there's not much of a dining area to speak of. In fact, even the living area looks pretty small. For comparison (not that I'm trying to push this devt), the 2-bedder in Archipelago has a more user-friendly lay-out, with space for the dining area by the side of the kitchen:
    http://www.bedokarchipelagocondo.com...plan/2-bedroom

I agree with your SH layout observation. Also, the 2+1 has only ONE complete bathroom! The other is a "powder room" with no shower facility.

Despite all its flaws, why do I have a bad feeling that this project will sell like hot cakes........

let it be lor. its the buyers' choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    Despite all its flaws, why do I have a bad feeling that this project will sell like hot cakes........

The agent called.... Collecting cheqs now ! But think 1700 psf for Bishan is toooooo steamy for me !

Ha.. Think I also given up waterbank... may go for FH east coast properties.. at least the prices just TOP is going at 1200-1300ish.. Eyeing one FH Guoccoland project low rise resort style project just TOP.. Nice pool, great spacious layout of 1700ish sqft on a single level & only 1 balcony ! Hope seller willing to let go ....

I get a sense that many people (not everyone ah) are merely pointing out the 'bad' points of any new launches for the sake of pointing out (me not excluded). Nothing more. Last time people say Thomson G very lousy until only fools will buy but now some even feel that Thomson G is better compared with this project. Its either forummers get the thrills from trashing a project just because everyone else is doing so or the new launches are really CMI. But how far can such lousy projects persist? Until the day when an agent comes with a six men tent and convince you that its worth $1400 psf?

but due to the private lift, even the lobby area is counted toward your psf.
    the only way to make use of that space is to remove the entire main entrance altogether (or just leave the entrance doors wide open to make the place look even more spacious) since only the owner can go up to that particular floor/unit.

the lift door in effect becomes the main entrance door.
    Last edited by lufu; 02-04-12 at 22:21.

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    The agent called.... Collecting cheqs now ! But think 1700 psf for Bishan is toooooo steamy for me !

Ha.. Think I also given up waterbank... may go for FH east coast properties.. at least the prices just TOP is going at 1200-1300ish.. Eyeing one FH Guoccoland project low rise resort style project just TOP.. Nice pool, great spacious layout of 1700ish sqft on a single level & only 1 balcony ! Hope seller willing to let go ....

The Waterline? The finishing is bad. Some Kiss brand tap and homogenous tiles that looks like HDB quality. Even the vanity top looks cheap. People who said FEO is lousy should see this for themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by lufu
    but due to the private lift, even the lobby area is counted toward your psf.
    the only way to make use of that space is to remove the entire main entrance altogether since only the owner can go up to that particular floor/unit.

the lift door in effect becomes the main entrance door.
    That's the purpose of private lift.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    That's the purpose of private lift.
    On this private lift thingy, if u take the same lift as ur upstairs neighbour or his visitors, as the lift door opens, won't they be able to peep into ur house and see eveyhing? If so, then is this really considered as private?

Just noticed that the 4 bedder has actually 3 ensuite bathrooms... One Master, one Junior Master and last one is at the yard area where the utility room has an attached toilet... Hmmm...

Nothing private at all, as the same person in the lift can follow the resident out of the lift and into their house as well. So, they still need a solid door despite the so-called private lift!

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    On this private lift thingy, if u take the same lift as ur upstairs neighbour or his visitors, as the lift door opens, won't they be able to peep into ur house and see eveyhing? If so, then is this really considered as private?

there should be an L shape such that they can't look into your house from the lift. otherwise, that is sheer bad design.

I think in each block there are 2 lifts serving 37 units for 2 bedders
    and 2 lifts serving 38 units for 3 bedders.

waiting for the next lift each time there's someone else waiting to enjoy being private.

I think in each block there are 2 lifts serving 37 units for 2 bedders
    and 2 lifts serving 38 units for 3 bedders.

waiting for the next lift each time there's someone else waiting to enjoy being private.
    wait another neighbour come and wait for the same lift. suck thumb wait again?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    wait another neighbour come and wait for the same lift. suck thumb wait again?

then one has to Keep waiting and waiting for wanting to be private.
    to be fair 2 lifts for 37-38 units are rather generous?

Wait till one see the lift situation at The Reflections. Sure morning peak.

then one has to Keep waiting and waiting for wanting to be private.
    to be fair 2 lifts for 37-38 units are rather generous?

Wait till one see the lift situation at The Reflections. Sure morning peak.
    no need so private lah. i'm sure you would know most of the neighbours in that stack. if it's some stranger then don't get it lor.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I agree with your SH layout observation. Also, the 2+1 has only ONE complete bathroom! The other is a "powder room" with no shower facility.
    Yep I noticed that but didn't want to give too many negative points. Or somebody will say I purposely flame this Sky Habitat.

I put up the layout of Archipelago for comparison that for around the same floor area, the Archipelago looks like having more space for living/dining plus a shower for the 2nd bathroom. I presume it's due to the smaller size of the balcony and air-con ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Just noticed that the 4 bedder has actually 3 ensuite bathrooms... One Master, one Junior Master and last one is at the yard area where the utility room has an attached toilet... Hmmm...
    I was thinking....this is like the HDB where the toilet is next to the kitchen. I don't like that that lay-out for 4 bedrooms too. I believe TG has similar problem with the bigger units. Designers seem to think we like having a toilet in the yard/kitchen area.

Those bedrooms in the 4 bedder - you won't be able to put a desk in so you will have to do it Soho-style with a platform bed on top if you have a student in your house. I can foresee a bright future for sellers of those loft-style beds.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosegarden
    I dun think so... $1700psf is v steep n e quantum is big. Let's c e response.