Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 333843485358596061626364656667687378 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,890 of 2343

Thread: Sky Habitat - Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by Leeds
    Why is it that after two weeks, Capitaland still advertised the development as "75% of launched units sold"?. Shouldn't we expect more units sold? Is the sale that bad?
    Kena stuck big time liao... they need another crazy $1900 psf RCR devt to rescue them, just like they rescue Thomson Grand

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    You will be even more disappointed with CCR Farrer Road (that d'Leedon) giving homogeneous tiles etc!
    Wow, that's horrible. Is homogenous tile a trade mark of Capland? lolx!

I went over to Ripple Bay SF last weekend and kind of fainted. It is really horrible, they are using laminate in the rooms, I was like .... I think I can't rem a EC using laminated, but a PC uses laminate!!! To add to the irony, I saw the ad that Michelle and Tay Ping Hui saying 'luxurious' finishing, I was like .....

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    what agent told me about the plastic "timbre" flooring, i was like WTF?
    Simi is plastic timbre? They using laminate too at SH????

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Nowsadays, it seems to be their hallmark? Marketed as "designer" condos designed by so called "famous" architect, but give homogeneous tiles in living and dinning rooms, & laminate flooring for bedrooms (obviously bathrooms and kitchens also tiles lah!).
    What's more, the so called "designer" condos are not practical at all! You sleep with your bedroom windows opened at night and the next day the floor near your window all dredged if it rains during the night! Soon all the flooring gone case!

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Wow, that's horrible. Is homogenous tile a trade mark of Capland? lolx!

I went over to Ripple Bay SF last weekend and kind of fainted. It is really horrible, they are using laminate in the rooms, I was like .... I think I can't rem a EC using laminated, but a PC uses laminate!!! To add to the irony, I saw the ad that Michelle and Tay Ping Hui saying 'luxurious' finishing, I was like .....

Developer giving laminated flooring for PC is a real turn off for me, less than $3/psf.

Quote Originally Posted by maisonjai
    Developer giving laminated flooring for PC is a real turn off for me, less than $3/psf.
    I think some DBSS at least uses real wood!

Just like their d'Leedon. Early birds beware. Don't think they "rescue" Thomson Grand. Prices of TG appears to be flat or downward trend - manage to move units but prices not lifted by Sky Habitat.

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    Kena stuck big time liao... they need another crazy $1900 psf RCR devt to rescue them, just like they rescue Thomson Grand

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Just like their d'Leedon. Early birds beware. Don't think they "rescue" Thomson Grand. Prices of TG appears to be flat or downward trend - manage to move units but prices not lifted by Sky Habitat.
    They are really stuck with SH. Their 4 bedders and those with terraces are so highly priced, a minimum 30% downward revision is needed if they wish to see any movement in sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    TG selling out leh, people see the comparable prices vs the difference in quality, all cheong TG.

Quote Originally Posted by regency321
    TG selling out leh, people see the comparable prices vs the difference in quality, all cheong TG.
    That's why Thomson Grand 100% sold already.

I wonder if anyone is able to speculate what Capitaland is doing. I mean what's their strategy? They sell 25% of D'Leedon after one year and SH is not exactly taking off. What would be their next step? Shouldn't their Board be asking questions? I am truly mystified.

Just surprised that Residential CEO of Capland is till around. On the other hand look at FEO. Lucas Chow must have helped them quite a bit in the chinese market.
    Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I wonder if anyone is able to speculate what Capitaland is doing. I mean what's their strategy? They sell 25% of D'Leedon after one year and SH is not exactly taking off. What would be their next step? Shouldn't their Board be asking questions? I am truly mystified.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    dont u know who owns capital land?

Every developer has their strategy when it comes to selling developments.

UOL prices units to sell them all out

FEO don't mind holding onto unsold units for rental

Capland is learning from FEO.... They are not in a hurry after they sell a proportion of the total, if it covers part is not all the project cost. The rest of the units are profits.... They can afford to take the profits later. they probably see the market as holding if not rising... So why bother to sell in a rush?

IS there something they know, being owned by you-know-who?

So tell me... Really... Who is causing the upward spiral in land prices and launches? The answer is plain to see. Remember my poll on who is the evilest? Seems like most are still blur and pointing fingers at sales agents.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    dont u know who owns capital land?
    I think loss margins are relative. So long as there are bigger losses in the stable of the parent company, capital land can still take cover.

Quote Originally Posted by sh

Capland is learning from FEO.... They are not in a hurry after they sell a proportion of the total, if it covers part is not all the project cost. The rest of the units are profits.... They can afford to take the profits later. they probably see the market as holding if not rising... So why bother to sell in a rush?

FEO is private and they have alot more hits than misses. They account to no one. capital land is public and they have a less than stellar track record. Like UOL, they ARE accountable.

Only problem with Capland is that they have too many unsold units in every o f their recent new launches.
    Quote Originally Posted by sh

CaPl half revenue from china probably why bother with a few projs in sg?
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Only problem with Capland is that they have too many unsold units in every o f their recent new launches.
    Bedok Residences sold quite well leh. Interlace, D'Leedon, Sky Habitat are clear mis-steps. Despite government link, it cannot get most of its sum right.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Bedok Residences sold quite well leh. Interlace, D'Leedon, Sky Habitat are clear mis-steps. Despite government link, it cannot get most of its sum right.
    Or should we say, precisely because of govt link...

BR is lucky to launch b4 CM5 ... its psf is pretty much the same as 8R suites yet is almost sold out in weeks ... 8RS probably will be much slower due to ABSD

Think about it, if not because of CM4/CM5, SH/D Leedon/Interlace probably will sell much better ..

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    BR is lucky to launch b4 CM5 ... its psf is pretty much the same as 8R suites yet is almost sold out in weeks ... 8RS probably will be much slower due to ABSD

Think about it, if not because of CM4/CM5, SH/D Leedon/Interlace probably will sell much better ..
    without cms, closed 2eyes all island wide projects would be 100% sold out. piece of cake

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Or should we say, precisely because of govt link...
    If they didn't use some fancy architects whose designs look good on paper but the layouts inside are not functional, they would sell better. A lot of investors would prefer to have efficient layouts and no need for fancy architect or iconic project. D'Leedon is wasted. It's a good location and should by rights sell well.

We will see how the GLS in Farrer Drive fares. It looks suspiciously like MMs going to be built there. Could be good for all the surrounding property which are being stalled by the poor sales in D'Leedon.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    If they didn't use some fancy architects whose designs look good on paper but the layouts inside are not functional, they would sell better. A lot of investors would prefer to have efficient layouts and no need for fancy architect or iconic project. D'Leedon is wasted. It's a good location and should by rights sell well.

We will see how the GLS in Farrer Drive fares. It looks suspiciously like MMs going to be built there. Could be good for all the surrounding property which are being stalled by the poor sales in D'Leedon.
    Have not seen d leedon's layout but i thought sh's layout for the 4 bed is very good. Just that the finishing is a bit cheapo.

I love the vintage distressed furniture (dinning table, chairs, photo frame etc) in the open terrace showroom,. Anyone has any idea where to get those?

This LTV 60% and ABSD artificially suppress the demand ... what if property prices never come down for next 10y (could be flat to moderate growth like 3% per year)?? The CM6 could lower the LTV to 50%, CM7 could lower it to 40%, then many middle class will not be able to buy investment property ... after 10y, PC market will be held by mostly upper middle class already

2010 to 2020 is a lost decade (eaten alive by inflation) for Singapore middle class ???

70% already quite aggressive. 60% is like clubbing the demand to death. And frankly, it favours the wealthy with all the capital in the world to deploy.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    70% already quite aggressive. 60% is like clubbing the demand to death. And frankly, it favours the wealthy with all the capital in the world to deploy.
    The intention may be good, but if low LTV and high ABSD last for 10y... it is going to distort the investment dynamics in Singapore ... middle class may be forced to invest in more risky stuff

Yah, like accidentally punt the wrong stock and lose 20% in a month... No thanks.