Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sun Plaza - A Mismanaged Mall by Koh Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    Most activities are in Yishun, Woodlands when it comes to ammenities.

I think Sembawang should have a concrete plan instead of just upgrading park and HDB, I.e. a rustic and fun town.

If Tony Tan is now President and former MP for Sembawang, he should do something.

he was the MP of sembawang for such a loooooong years..... before KBW took over in 2006...

Member of the Singapore Parliament
    for Sembawang GRC
    In office
    4 September 1988 – 6 May 2006
    Preceded by Constituency established
    Succeeded by Khaw Boon Wan
    Member of the Singapore Parliament
    for Sembawang SMC
    In office
    11 February 1979 – 3 September 1988

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    cannot be so obvious. wait for a few more years then Sembawang will have 3 MRT stations, just like MBT and Tampines.
    hope what you said is true then sembawang ppl will be blessed already.. but it will take a long years until punggol is saturated

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    No PC in Sembawang estate.

Sengkang, CCK, Punggol, Woodlands everywhere got PC, only Sembawang.

Facilities, IMO, should be built concurrently with the housing developmt.

sigh... even the TSL also not for Sembawang.. what's the real concrete plan for sembawang in the future? old folk homes to replace JB? (KBW said JB nursing home cheaper but kena shoot..)

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    sigh... even the TSL also not for Sembawang.. what's the real concrete plan for sembawang in the future? old folk homes to replace JB? (KBW said JB nursing home cheaper but kena shoot..)
    $500 mil leh. The figure always very nice. IUP & whatever xxP, see no future. Just for stay.

i dont believe need the $500mil just for whatever xxP... sound unbelievable since sembawang is still a underdeveloped estate.. $100mil for xxP and $400mil for other development sounds more realistic to me.. just my

i dont believe need the $500mil just for whatever xxP... sound unbelievable since sembawang is still a underdeveloped estate.. $100mil for xxP and $400mil for other development sounds more realistic to me.. just my
    IMO, Sembawang is the sleeping beauty, since it is underdevelped estate, let turn it to postive, the plus points are less crowded and more greenery, can retire there and rent out the whole flat to FT and stay at the nice 9 storey old folk homes beside the blk 329. The rental can use to offset the monthly fee as the maid is not easy to get in these days.

People are beginning to question $500 million promise.

It seems the $500 million is gg to a mosque, police station, park upgrade, existing HDB upgrade and more HDBs.

Are you guys happy with it?

People are beginning to question $500 million promise.

It seems the $500 million is gg to a mosque, police station, park upgrade, existing HDB upgrade and more HDBs.

Are you guys happy with it?

just came back from Sun Plaza.. oh my god it's really TERRIBLE like third world country's shopping mall.. and surprisingly it's crowded, perhaps jz because of MRT station and sembawang ppl has no where else to go..

and epic thing is.. i thought i have entered the "resident evil" movie scene when i walked to the bus station.. come on.. the bus station with the yellowish lightings..?? KBW..

plz go make noise at the meet ppl session with KBW.. and invite him to go Sun Plaza + bus station visit.... he sure no where to hide his face

mosque + police station + xxP.... $500mil?? Yishun has got $600mil and has much better amenities already than Sembawang x1000 times!!

Quote Originally Posted by mlvlee
    IMO, Sembawang is the sleeping beauty, since it is underdevelped estate, let turn it to postive, the plus points are less crowded and more greenery, can retire there and rent out the whole flat to FT and stay at the nice 9 storey old folk homes beside the blk 329. The rental can use to offset the monthly fee as the maid is not easy to get in these days.

KBW has failed to persuade old ppl to go nursing home in JB.. that's why bobian must convert his own ward sembawang to old folk home d....

Can "cold Brothers" spend this kind of $$$ ???

http://www.fraserscentrepointtrust.c...0-%20final.pdf

Further, foodcourt at northpoint is currently upgrading.

sembawang ppl will really being sandwiched between such big developments at woodlands and yishun..

sembawang ppl will really being sandwiched between such big developments at woodlands and yishun..
    KBW will also replied, " if you feel that Sun Plaza has not provided you enough or to your expectation, there are 2 malls, one to your left and the other to your right, just 1 -2 mrt stops away.

KBW will also replied, " if you feel that Sun Plaza has not provided you enough or to your expectation, there are 2 malls, one to your left and the other to your right, just 1 -2 mrt stops away.
    If you patronise SunPlaza mall frequently, you can notice that most of the ppl there are FT (Not to mention which countries) and they formed the community there (Especially the basketball courts), most probably they can afford to buy this area due to relatively cheap rental and housing price. The local ppl don't care so much that why it does not draw KBW much attention!

Quote Originally Posted by mlvlee
    If you patronise SunPlaza mall frequently, you can notice that most of the ppl there are FT (Not to mention which countries) and they formed the community there (Especially the basketball courts), most probably they can afford to buy this area due to relatively cheap rental and housing price. The local ppl don't care so much that why it does not draw KBW much attention!

i will never patronize SP mall again since last visit.. it's really one lousy mall to be frank.. lighting and interior design all cannot make it! go JB citysquare also better than this SP.. i wonder why there are still transactions on the SP mall above.. they bought it for future development? those earlier buyer of this SP condo should be very sad with one lousy mall underneath their place.. unless the BigBoy buy over SP and redevelop together with the huge empty land parcel beside it, but then that will be another 10 years story ..

the inner area near the sembawang park are all landed housing estate.. should be quite a lot of rich ppl around SBW..

you mean mostly PRC ppl dominating in the northern region of SG? no wonder MCC wana grab all the 3 projects at the same place!

haha you sound like personal assistant of KBW.. he will thank you personally!

I dun really know why govt spending $77 mil in bishan park & NTUC spending few hundreds mil upgrading existing premises in downtown east instead of putting money in other areas that lack of basic amenities. Sembawang Residents must be contented to what they have now.

I dun really know why govt spending $77 mil in bishan park & NTUC spending few hundreds mil upgrading existing premises in downtown east instead of putting money in other areas that lack of basic amenities. Sembawang Residents must be contented to what they have now.
    haha.. sembawang GRC $500mil also used on the upgrading xxP lah.. so can't blame too much.. instead of adding value by creating new plan.. it refurnish the old one and maintain the status quo..

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...78026,00.html?
    Koh brothers profit 2011 up 80%.. but still hopeless for the major upgrades for Sun plaza..

From Concept plan 2001, there is mrt line, which other forumers call it as northern coastal line, seem to connect Sembawang, Seletar Airport, Punggol, all the way to Changi Airport. Hope this line still exist in the new Concept plan 2011 and announced asap.

By that time, the white site next to Sembawang mrt should be activated and Sun Plaza would hv some facelift.. Question is: When???

WaterTown owners will be happy too..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    From Concept plan 2001, there is mrt line, which other forumers call it as northern coastal line, seem to connect Sembawang, Seletar Airport, Punggol, all the way to Changi Airport. Hope this line still exist in the new Concept plan 2011 and announced asap.

By that time, the white site next to Sembawang mrt should be activated and Sun Plaza would hv some facelift.. Question is: When???

i remember this northern coastal line but...now LTA has so many MRT and road projects on hand.. enough manpowers to have another major MRT line? haha.. the major one now should be TSL and NSE..

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar

Until the last line being half built. Economy still need construction to progress.

Also Simpang New Town, SAP (2014 fully operational) & Punggol fully developed, then they will consider coastal line.

Not mistaken, currently there are few bus routes that provide transfer from the north to northeastern side.

But I like this Sun Plaza leh.

SSC also good too.

This Sembawang area is a very quiet place and lots of greenery, but will soon be spoiled by CR, Nautical, Simpang HDB and a MRT station. *Sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by CondoInterested
    But I like this Sun Plaza leh.

SSC also good too.

This Sembawang area is a very quiet place and lots of greenery, but will soon be spoiled by CR, Nautical, Simpang HDB and a MRT station. *Sigh*

CR and Nautical was built on the empty lands leh.. how to spoil the greeneries.. there's no Simpang HDB plan and MRT yet also..

I think most sembawang ppl wana see their estate to develop further rather than staying forever in kampung lah.. even few days ago the MP already complained in parliament how come woodlands and yishun got so many buses.. sembawang only 5..

perhaps i believe the greeneries and the estate development should find a balance.. greeneries can co-exist together with development if the estate planning is good enough... if only focus on greeneries then kranji and LCK can do a better job lo.. jz my

just back from SSC, the food court has reopened and renovated! the chinatown famous chinese soup "lao huo tang" also open there d! much more food to eat now at SSC

just back from SSC, the food court has reopened and renovated! the chinatown famous chinese soup "lao huo tang" also open there d! much more food to eat now at SSC
    more choices for breakfast and no shortage of seats

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    more choices for breakfast and no shortage of seats
    you stay in the north too?

Note to all readers, the new foodcourt is at Sembawang Shopping Centre, not Sun Plaza.

Note to all readers, the new foodcourt is at Sembawang Shopping Centre, not Sun Plaza.

maybe sun plaza will renovate its rundown style of food court lah after seeing SSC..

if I remember correctly, the sun plaza food court had renovation 2 years back, but after their reno, many good stall move out, not sure what happen back then

maybe sun plaza will renovate its rundown style of food court lah after seeing SSC..

Quote Originally Posted by sgrojak
    if I remember correctly, the sun plaza food court had renovation 2 years back, but after their reno, many good stall move out, not sure what happen back then
    Yes, was renovated.

The old beef noddle store gone, now got a Taiwan style beef noddle.. Try once and promised never ever try again . For a bow of 5 dollars , the beefquantity are about 1cm x 1 cm size ..and 2 pcs only... Eat already frustrated!!!!!