Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Malaysia Properties

[quote=TKT]
    Quote Originally Posted by TMATT
    Good point, just like Stock Bull Market, buy anything also UP Up away

Malaysia & Singapore, if we going to buy, sure choose Singapore, but maybe spent $1m at Malaysia for Chalet usage. anyone know of any project got sea view, 30 story high, and near to the MRT/Shopping Mall?

never touch Malaysia market before, so no idea...

You can consider Danga Bay or Puteri Harbor in JB... fits your requirements except MRT not expected till 2018/20.

Is the seaview in Puteri Harbor good and the water condition is prime?

I just read straitstimes and saw the advertisment on a development at Puetri Harbor priced at 290K min.

Is the harbor going to be like Punggol Marina; stale and boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    Good points :
    1. u can buy land at M$45 psf (Leisure Farm) to build ur dream house, double volume living / dinning rooms, 10 high ceiling bedrooms, pool etc
    2. lower cost of living, and under MM2H, cheap car as well
    3. lower cost of medical care.

As investor, I will not bet on this, reasons :
    1. huge supply, Iskandar, 3 time the size of Singapore
    2. ability to deliver, execute and sustain is yet to be proven
    3. who will buy there? Singaporean? buy to stay or buy to retire and live in? what is the number we are talking here to fill the supply there

There are some other more sensitive issues, not to mention here.

I mentioned in one of the threads earlier on Iskandar, I will keep on eye on its development, perhaps 5 years time and then reassess.
    What about those project along the coastal area?

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    This is exact reason why I am skeptical towards Malaysia's government policy and development plan.

Every change in their political scene will motivate and demotivate projects across the country. Despite re-assurance(s) from two governments across the causeway, I am still suspicious and skeptism over Iskandar project development.

Having said that, many Singaporean who bought Horizon hills, leisure farms etc will still stand to gain should their primary agenda/objective is to self-stay and/or retirement purpose. Else, the place has zero to minimum upside potential. I could be wrong in my analysis.

Paralysis through over-analysis.
    There is no such thing as a risk-free investment or sure-make project.
    If got such lobangs, please holler.

Caveat emptor.

[quote=yowetan]
    Quote Originally Posted by TKT

Is the seaview in Puteri Harbor good and the water condition is prime?

I just read straitstimes and saw the advertisment on a development at Puetri Harbor priced at 290K min.

Is the harbor going to be like Punggol Marina; stale and boring?

If I tell you YES, will you drive into JB to have a look for yourself?
    You should find time to do so and find out for yourself - its less than 30mins drive from either checkpoints.

Talking about Punggol... look at Punggol today!!!

[quote=TKT]
    Quote Originally Posted by yowetan

If I tell you YES, will you drive into JB to have a look for yourself?
    You should find time to do so and find out for yourself - its less than 30mins drive from either checkpoints.

Talking about Punggol... look at Punggol today!!!

I don't have a car. I may able to drop by the presentation showcase in Orchard Grand Hotel today though.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by avo7007
    Maybe in 10 years time, most Singaporean will stay in JB and rent out their pty in Singapore to FT.......
    umm....
    m'sian come to sgp and work, rent hdb/condo, build the country/economy here....
    sgporeans rent out hdb/condo, collectng rent and stay in jb everyday shake legs shiok shiok....

like that hor... this country will last for how long ??...
    if that situation comes... i will not rent out my hdb/condo,... will sell off all my properties and move to elsewhere... this place going to die soon...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    think must in-out at very correct time... cyberjaya (mahathir's pet project) got a lot of infrastruture built but now like all wasted... cyberjaya like mostly hosting call centres and data processing centres now....

(google satellite image here, but photos could be a few years behind)
    http://maps.google.com/?ll=2.928597,...38581&t=h&z=15

Big difference is ... Nusajaya is right next to Singapore, the petrol is S$ Dollars and the foreign investments, bolstered by economic and population growth in Singapore.

Cyberjaya, an interesting concept at that time, was unlikely to succeed as it was federal govt-driven whereas Nusajaya is primarily private-sector driven (hopefully they have learnt some good lessons there!).
    Besides, Klang Valley simply does not have the same economic vitality, growth and puchasing powers as Singapore.

Nusajaya is unabashedly aimed at Singapore and the prospects of foreign money, so wither Singapore, wither Nusajaya... I put my money on Singapore, ergo...

[quote=yowetan]

I don't have a car. I may able to drop by the presentation showcase in Orchard Grand Hotel today though.

Many apparently commute daily between JB and Spore by public transport, so it is definitely do-able and not an issue for many... but personally, I wouldn't do it without a car, it is definitely tougher for sure.

Do your homework.
    Hope you find something that suits you!
    Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    Thats exactly what I am thinking too. If you own a few properties in Singapore you will have the option of renting them out and live in lskandar for retirement.
    Shake legs and collect rent sounds shiok......But the practical difficulty for younger Singaporeans who are not ready for retirement, is how to maintain their Iskandar home. This is esp so if they do not have relatives across the causeway.

My advice is to look beyond the overhyped and overpriced projects like Puteri Harbour. Because their govt is notorious for poor execution, buy those in mature towns near checkpoints (ie their Toa Payohs). These properties have the added potential of increase in valuation as Iskandar develops stronger ties with Singapore over time.

PM Lee said yesterday about the stagnation of the Japanese Economy as a result of their hostility to immigrants. He said such a stance is a choice that "we in Singapore cannot afford to make. Like it or not, unless we have more babies, we need to accept immigrants." --> Future of properties in Singapore will grow. QUOTE=ikan bilis]umm....
    m'sian come to sgp and work, rent hdb/condo, build the country/economy here....
    sgporeans rent out hdb/condo, collectng rent and stay in jb everyday shake legs shiok shiok....

like that hor... this country will last for how long ??...
    if that situation comes... i will not rent out my hdb/condo,... will sell off all my properties and move to elsewhere... this place going to die soon... [/QUOTE]

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    PM Lee said yesterday about the stagnation of the Japanese Economy as a result of their hostility to immigrants. He said such a stance is a choice that "we in Singapore cannot afford to make. Like it or not, unless we have more babies, we need to accept immigrants." --> Future of properties in Singapore will grow.
    Ooooiiii,... hello!!... bro....
    i'm not complaining about FT intake...
    i'm complaining about locals don't want to work, wanna collect rent and shake legs...

i will move out of this place if locals are not productive to real economy and everything rely on ft...

In a global world, we should not just rely on locals only. Just like a football team in the super league, we can the best player to win the game. Locals can leverage on FTs to do their work at different levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    Ooooiiii,... hello!!... bro....
    i'm not complaining about FT intake...
    i'm complaining about locals don't want to work, wanna collect rent and shake legs...

i will move out of this place if locals are not productive to real economy and everything rely on ft...

After Malaysia, which cities shall I look into?
    I still prefer HK.

HK air quality is getting from bad to worst. Better stay away from there.
    I still prefer HK.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    HK air quality is getting from bad to worst. Better stay away from there.
    There is no dispute on this. A number of expats refuse to go HK due its air quality and difficulties in getting into international schools. (min HK$1m donation).

If u notice the new launches in HK, u will notice the sizes of new built is, mostly real MM units hardly any in < 1000 sq ft. This is an affordability issue.

As such, if ur looking into HK, move into luxury market of > 1000 sq ft, with good harbour view. The supply is getting limited. LTv is 50% for >HK$12m property

I still prefer HK.

Being Chinese, and having worked and lived there, for my ideal "retirement" - I'll choose to be in China... either Hangzhou, Chengdu, Suzhou, Tianjin, etc... ie one of the 2nd tier big cities.

My interests are more for cultural immersion, enjoying the food, visiting all the historical sites, doing some charity, setting small self-sustaining bizs, etc.

So maybe a few months China, a few months Spore, something like that - ideally spring/summer/early autumn in China, autumn/winter in the tropics.

Still working on it.

Being Chinese, and having worked and lived there, for my ideal "retirement" - I'll choose to be in China... either Hangzhou, Chengdu, Suzhou, Tianjin, etc... ie one of the 2nd tier big cities.

My interests are more for cultural immersion, enjoying the food, visiting all the historical sites, doing some charity, setting small self-sustaining bizs, etc.

So maybe a few months China, a few months Spore, something like that - ideally spring/summer/early autumn in China, autumn/winter in the tropics.

Still working on it.

you having worked there, what are your thoughts of the probable risk of contamination in the food and water you take there? I would consider that place as it has everything but there's this inherent fear that you don't know what some unscrupulous businessman might do.

I agree with TKT... China is of course a better choice than Malaysia..
    Malaysia... the rules are too flexibile.. Remember Clob.,,, the U turns .. the sand.. the water... I berry scare when there are ever changing goal posts..

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    you having worked there, what are your thoughts of the probable risk of contamination in the food and water you take there? I would consider that place as it has everything but there's this inherent fear that you don't know what some unscrupulous businessman might do.

There are so many restaurants and varieties to choose from, so food never was an issue.
    Normally I choose restaurants that are crowded with locals or recommended by friends or through internet reviews.
    The cuisines and choices available are simply amazing - just open your minds.

Drinks are a bit different for me, as I only drink bottled water, not even tea or coffee, so can't comment much.

You cannot expect Singapore hygiene standards all the time la... but to me, the standards in China are perfectly acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by smallant
    I agree with TKT... China is of course a better choice than Malaysia..
    Malaysia... the rules are too flexibile.. Remember Clob.,,, the U turns .. the sand.. the water... I berry scare when there are ever changing goal posts..

Sorry mate, I don't quite agree.
    Personally I think Malaysia is a more stable country and rule of Law is generally more developed and easier to understand for us.
    China is still developing and you'll need to have a lot more wits and a fair dose of luck, to do biz there.

I chose China, not over Malaysia ... but as the next choice, after Malaysia.

To me, when "retire", it will be Singapore/Malaysia combination as One.
    China is the second home away from home, for me - for the reasons I had stated earlier.

Just my

Default FH vs 70 LH

Between Malaysia FH and China 70 LH, it is an easy choice.
    My friends from China had bought Horizon Hills 2 years ago. They project will soon TOP. They plan to move over and stay there. Driving to work (in the West) will soon be their daily living. They have a mini society there.

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I have started to watch TV1, I don't understand Malay language, but you can see the small icon with sign language.

nvr image to retire in China
    all shopping malls are either completely emptied, no shops, or super crowded.
    nvr like to use their public toilets

dun know what I will be eating as well

China is definitely not a place to retire.... too populated, lack of control and lack of safeguards.... food safety a big problems...

Even my Chinese friends avoid eating cause he is worried what he is eating

What about us buying land in Malaysia? Any restrictions and what to look out for?

I'm thinking if it's possible to buy land and develop it into commercial/residential properties for sale. Im thinking of trying out this new business. Anyone with insights, opinion or experience to share?

Quote Originally Posted by richwang
    Between Malaysia FH and China 70 LH, it is an easy choice.
    My friends from China had bought Horizon Hills 2 years ago. They project will soon TOP. They plan to move over and stay there. Driving to work (in the West) will soon be their daily living. They have a mini society there.

Thanks,
    Richard
    PS. I have started to watch TV1, I don't understand Malay language, but you can see the small icon with sign language.

HH is an excellent choice - I already have one unit there too and it may well be my retirement home many years from now.
    Looking to add at least 1 more unit, maybe 2, when time is right.
    There are still alot of supply coming in years to come, so there is no rush.
    If becomes too expensive in future, doesnt really matter, as already have 1 unit and I only need 1 roof.

However, I wont live in JB and work in Spore though, commuting daily.
    Its not a good way to live - but to each, his own.

Enjoy your time in Nusajaya JB, cheers!

nvr image to retire in China
    all shopping malls are either completely emptied, no shops, or super crowded.
    nvr like to use their public toilets

dun know what I will be eating as well

It is a vast country and you need to appreciate the range of experiences that you will never find in Singapore.
    It is certainly not for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    China is definitely not a place to retire.... too populated, lack of control and lack of safeguards.... food safety a big problems...

Even my Chinese friends avoid eating cause he is worried what he is eating

Retirement, when one is not so mobile and weaker, is certainly much better in Singapore - fully agreed and thats the plan too, for me.

However, if one could retire (or semi-retire) early and still vigorous, then you should explore what's out there outside of Singapore - and for me, that would be China. Yours could be somewhere else.

Dont worry too much, live life a little more salty, we all have to go someday.

Quote Originally Posted by mygeemeel
    What about us buying land in Malaysia? Any restrictions and what to look out for?

I'm thinking if it's possible to buy land and develop it into commercial/residential properties for sale. Im thinking of trying out this new business. Anyone with insights, opinion or experience to share?

If you have a lot of money to spare, there are always lots of opportunities in Malaysian property development and lots more people waiting to serve you.

Commercial larger-scale, you probably need influential local partners to smooth the way with local authorities.
    Small-scale projects, like building half a dozen semi-Ds in a large piece of land or turn a couple of shoplots into boutique hotels, etc... all these are possible and quite easily do-able, as long as you have money to burn.

In the end, its still about location, location, location... and connections.

I still prefer HK.
    Penang is a good choice but overpriced at the moment.
    With DAP, u get free internet and much safer environment.
    Singaporeans can adjust to the island living with nice beachfront condos and excellent food, not to mentioned the mandarin/hokkien speaking community...

for Iskandar, the East Ledang houses are a good deal at the moment with a 15min drive to CIQ.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    Penang is a good choice but overpriced at the moment.
    With DAP, u get free internet and much safer environment.
    Singaporeans can adjust to the island living with nice beachfront condos and excellent food, not to mentioned the mandarin/hokkien speaking community...

for Iskandar, the East Ledang houses are a good deal at the moment with a 15min drive to CIQ.
    What abt Topez Residence? next to danga bay.. heard sales is brisk. Featured in the recent Msia property talk held over the weekend