Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Malaysia Properties

Anyone gone down to the Iskandar exhibition at Marriot by HSR? Is it worth going?

Quote Originally Posted by TKT View Post
    Retirement, when one is not so mobile and weaker, is certainly much better in Singapore - fully agreed and thats the plan too, for me.

However, if one could retire (or semi-retire) early and still vigorous, then you should explore what's out there outside of Singapore - and for me, that would be China. Yours could be somewhere else.

Dont worry too much, live life a little more salty, we all have to go someday.

To many, basically just wanted to retire safely...

Imagine being old and not so strong, yet getting robbed and injured.

Singapore still best, unless want to go some other safer countries in the West/North (though weather and culture will be big issues).

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008 View Post
    Anyone gone down to the Iskandar exhibition at Marriot by HSR? Is it worth going?
    If really need to go North for retirement, RF Princess Cove one MRT stop from Singapore, not Iskandar 3x the size of Singapore.

Anyone interested can pm me, we go over by public transport visit show flat and then eat curry fish head at Wong Ah Fook Road.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1550098645261142/

Last edited by Arcachon; 09-08-17 at 03:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    If really need to go North for retirement, RF Princess Cove one MRT stop from Singapore, not Iskandar 3x the size of Singapore.

Anyone interested can pm me, we go over by public transport visit show flat and then eat curry fish head at Wong Ah Fook Road.

]
    please don't ask people buy condo in JB. massive oversupply, lousy rental, lousy location.
    RF Princess cove is NOT NEAR the proposed MRT stop.
    any goodu considering "alternate investment" or cheap condo just next to singapore - you have been warned here, ah.

Quote Originally Posted by tonymontana View Post
    please don't ask people buy condo in JB. massive oversupply, lousy rental, lousy location.
    RF Princess cove is NOT NEAR the proposed MRT stop.
    any goodu considering "alternate investment" or cheap condo just next to Singapore - you have been warned here, ah.
    True, TOP end of the year for phase 1.

I was also warned about Southbank Condo near Geylang, near Golden Mile, near HDB, near the Main road.

I hope I am wrong about RF Princess Cove because I have not got a unit yet. Once I sell one of my condo sure get at least one there.

A lot of people like to stay at home to look for the property when you ask them their reply is they have not visited the place.

Can I ask how many have you visited the North?

Please don't tell me about hear say here, hear say there.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Mr LKY once filed affadavit in court saying something like Malaysia and Johor is a crime-infested place.
    So, many people don't need to go there also believe, just like they all believe in him which is why he could lead Singapore from 3rd World to 1st World.
    Why now you questioning LKY's statement?

True, TOP end of the year for phase 1.

I was also warned about Southbank Condo near Geylang, near Golden Mile, near HDB, near the Main road.

I hope I am wrong about RF Princess Cove because I have not got a unit yet. Once I sell one of my condo sure get at least one there.

A lot of people like to stay at home to look for the property when you ask them their reply is they have not visited the place.

Can I ask how many have you visited the North?

Please don't tell me about hear say here, hear say there.

Whenever everybody fear of jb properties, season investor may give a 2nd look. Buffet wisdom not applicable here issit...

Don't bother with buying condos in Malaysia. Freehold landed plots are within the same price point as the condos right now. If die die want to buy, look for well located FH landed that are located near amenities. Look at where the local Johoreans are buying, and not at where the China Chinese and Singaporeans are buying.

Iskandar may be big, but the supply of its ideally located landed plots is fast dwindling. Do more legwork to locate the gems, rather than to rely on the aggressively marketed developments by agents on Sgp's shores.

There is a saying that there is smart contrarian and there is also contrarian for the sake of being contrarian (the second kind always do stupid thing blindly without knowing what they are doing, just that they think they are doing different from almost everybody else means they are "contrarian" and so they dream that they deserve to be "rewarded" for doing so)...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tomutomi View Post
    Whenever everybody fear of jb properties, season investor may give a 2nd look. Buffet wisdom not applicable here issit...

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    There is a saying that there is smart contrarian and there is also contrarian for the sake of being contrarian (the second kind always do stupid thing blindly without knowing what they are doing, just that they think they are doing different from almost everybody else means they are "contrarian" and so they dream that they deserve to be "rewarded" for doing so)...........
    Buffet says "buy undervalued things".

somethings may be CHEAP COMPARE TO SINGAPORE, but it is not necessarily UNDERVALUED.

there is a difference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by new2mondrian View Post
    Don't bother with buying condos in Malaysia. Freehold landed plots are within the same price point as the condos right now. If die die want to buy, look for well located FH landed that are located near amenities. Look at where the local Johoreans are buying, and not at where the China Chinese and Singaporeans are buying.

Iskandar may be big, but the supply of its ideally located landed plots is fast dwindling. Do more legwork to locate the gems, rather than to rely on the aggressively marketed developments by agents on Sgp's shores.
    Agree that it is better to buy freehold landed and where johoreans r buying. That is what I did in 2013, bought a freehold semiD in Austin Heights where there r plenty of amenities. IKEA Tebrau is the latest development near my place. I hope to semiretire there soon some day but hubby want kids to study in Sg so maybe can only retire there. But it is a good back up plan if ever we r forced to retire early ie retrenched or cannot work due to illness etc, we can still survive by moving there.

Currently, place is rented out though yield is Low, I don't really mind as I just need someone to take care of the property for us.

Mr LKY once filed affadavit in court saying something like Malaysia and Johor is a crime-infested place.
    So, many people don't need to go there also believe, just like they all believe in him which is why he could lead Singapore from 3rd World to 1st World.
    Why now you questioning LKY's statement?
    Do you know what Temasek is getting up North?

I also like landed, FH, Big house, big garden but when you reach the final 10 years all the big does not matter anymore.

Do you know what will you be having when you are the house in the nursing home? I know because I see what my father have for his final 5 years at the nursing home.

I pray I will die sleeping and not wake up the next morning than to live for 5 years my father have.

I am very fortunate to see what my father have and I try not to have what he have.

Temasek? You mean Temasek leads LKY and we should follow Temasek and not LKY??????????

Anyway, Temasek is developer up North, so what is the problem?

Just like I said that if you are the developer, anytime you can also bid land price high and high and sell the properties (flip just based on paper sale) even higher!
    So developers whether in Singapore or Malaysia no different!
    But property buyers are STUPID to buy from the developer at that kind of price or that kind of location (like now OCR private properties at that kind of THOUSAND YEARS historical PEAK price or buy properties in Malaysia that is heavy crime-infested (according to LKY))!

Do you know what Temasek is getting up North?

I also like landed, FH, Big house, big garden but when you reach the final 10 years all the big does not matter anymore.

Do you know what will you be having when you are the house in the nursing home? I know because I see what my father have for his final 5 years at the nursing home.

I pray I will die sleeping and not wake up the next morning than to live for 5 years my father have.

I am very fortunate to see what my father have and I try not to have what he have.

Temasek? You mean Temasek leads LKY and we should follow Temasek and not LKY??????????

Anyway, Temasek is developer up North, so what is the problem?

Just like I said that if you are the developer, anytime you can also bid land price high and high and sell the properties (flip just based on paper sale) even higher!
    So developers whether in Singapore or Malaysia no different!
    But property buyers are STUPID to buy from the developer at that kind of price or that kind of location (like now OCR private properties at that kind of THOUSAND YEARS historical PEAK price or buy properties in Malaysia that is heavy crime-infested (according to LKY))!
    So you don't know right. Case closed.

How to close the case when you have not even answer my question:

For you, Do you follow LKY advice or do you follow Temasek (and disregard LKY)? Which is of higher precedence to you?

So you don't know right. Case closed.

How to close the case when you have not even answer my question:

For you, Do you follow LKY advice or do you follow Temasek (and disregard LKY)? Which is of higher precedence to you?
    LKY history, Temasek current. You should go out more often to feel what is going on up North. Until you know what Temasek is doing up North let close this topic.