Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Thread: Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

2 cents worth only coz I am NATO for this project..
    Talk only.. No buy yet.

So pls take with a pinch of salt. Tks

Ok jus came backfrom this project's showflat.. The commercial shops doesn't look so promising after all.

I Imagined it will be a shopping mall kind of project - but from what I see, developer merely sellig the commercial units as 'shops'.

No anchor tenant, no clear demarcation which space to be used for fnb, lifestyle corner. Just purely small cubicles for sale as 'commercial umits'.

What the heck man.. Marketing brochure / artist impression looks damn good.. With vibrant mix of cages, shops.. But seems like this project will turn flat into another Serangoon shopping centre (dead environment) if this is how it's going to be handled.

how much is their residential mm?

all these small developers out for profits by selling retail shops. all these small commercial/retail/residential mixed developments have unproven track record.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricade
    Ok jus came backfrom this project's showflat.. The commercial shops doesn't look so promising after all.

I Imagined it will be a shopping mall kind of project - but from what I see, developer merely sellig the commercial units as 'shops'.

No anchor tenant, no clear demarcation which space to be used for fnb, lifestyle corner. Just purely small cubicles for sale as 'commercial umits'.

What the heck man.. Marketing brochure / artist impression looks damn good.. With vibrant mix of cages, shops.. But seems like this project will turn flat into another Serangoon shopping centre (dead environment) if this is how it's going to be handled.

pricing not out yet.. 5th april then they know officially.
    but agent expected conservatively ard 1450psf.. could be cheaper than that.

geez, totally turned off man if really 1450psf, either that or the agent serving me lousy

but hey if really 1450, minton owners shd be smiling from ear to ear

ok maybe really true 1450psf, but with whatever early bird discount that amounts to ard 20%, after discount price (80%) is 1160psf. Not so bad, but still not very attractive for me..

pricing not out yet.. 5th april then they know officially.
    but agent expected conservatively ard 1450psf.. could be cheaper than that.

geez, totally turned off man if really 1450psf, either that or the agent serving me lousy

but hey if really 1450, minton owners shd be smiling from ear to ear

ok maybe really true 1450psf, but with whatever early bird discount that amounts to ard 20%, after discount price (80%) is 1160psf. Not so bad, but still not very attractive for me..
    This is FH leh

Quote Originally Posted by price
    This is FH leh
    ya lor...i tink 13xxpsf bah.....similar to casa cambio

Maybe prices nowadays getting too expensive for me..

Maybe prices nowadays getting too expensive for me..
    i tink u haven been visiting showflats for a long time? since 2yrs ago?

since early 2010, such MM FH units oredi selling for 11xxpsf....wakakakaka

Nah been visiting showflats regularly however never really looked into mm units

Still $1450 for this project is definitely beyond my price point..

$1450?? i really doubt so lar? unless they are going to TOP next month then maybe.

$1450 now can buy a lot of MM in TK/East coast address leh

Should be between 10xxk to 13xxk. imho is a better buy than the next door primo residences. Which has large quantum and unit layout cmi

Just went to the showflat.. so super small..only display the 1 bedder.

The agent had very limited knowledge when I ask her questions. Anyway, she told me price not out but the gauge for 1 bedder is from 1200-1400psf but 3 bedder & abv, which they call them Pent house is ard $10xx to $13xx psf.

btw, they have 270 shops but they are all super small. The smallest she showed me is 14sqm..dunno can sell what..lol

Yup I find the agent who served me is very clueless also.. Nit very happy at all with their service.

Agency better buck up their performance.. Even if it's Huttons but based on current situation they may have a hard time with this project.

This one has open-air concept shopping mall*. I'm not sure if this will make it popular with shoppers. The focus is on commerical (as the psf is much higher probably in the range of $2500-4500 psf) and probably the agent is given a higher commission to push for commercial units.

I passed by Primo Residences also. The units near or facing the park are super noisy due to teenagers playing there. Good luck to the owners/tenants.

* I suspect Watertown also has a similar open-air concept mall (anyone can confirm?)

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    This one has open-air concept shopping mall*. I'm not sure if this will make it popular with shoppers. The focus is on commerical (as the psf is much higher probably in the range of $2500-4500 psf) and probably the agent is given a higher commission to push for commercial units.

I passed by Primo Residences also. The units near or facing the park are super noisy due to teenagers playing there. Good luck to the owners/tenants.

* I suspect Watertown also has a similar open-air concept mall (anyone can confirm?)
    greenwich got

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix

Day time noisy still ok. As long as lights off they stop then no issue. Can call police if they still playing when lights off.

VVIP PREVIEW ON
    5TH APRIL 12PM

Selling Points:
    Rare mixed commercial and residential development in District 19
    Located in Centralised City Fringe
    Located in a Neighbourhood of Landed Properties
    Easy access to expressways like PIE, KPE and ECP
    Easy access to public transport as Kovan MRT is just minutes’ walk away
    Minutes’ walk to Heartland Mall
    Highly sought after location for both foreigners and locals
    Close proximity to eateries and amenities
    Close proximity to good educational institutions such as Paya Lebar Methodist Girls’ School, Cedar Girls’ School etc

Best Investment for Investors on Commercial:
    - Loan up to 80% (Not affected by existing residential loan)
    - Down payment 20%
    - Foreigner eligible
    - No seller stamp duty: can buy and sell anytime
    - High investment & Rental yield
    - Best location near future Paya Lebar BizHub
    - No ABSD! (Additional Buyer's Stamp Duty)

~ ENJOY EARLY BIRD PREVIEW PRICE! ~

Indicative Price
    B1 &B2 Shops PSF: Estimated $2500psf+-
    1st Floor Shops PSF: Estimated $3500psf UP
    Shops Quantum: From $3xxK Onwards

Typical Residential PSF: Estimated $1200psf UP
    Penthouse Residential PSF: Estimated $1000psf UP
    Residential Quantum: From $5xxK Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Montaigne
    Day time noisy still ok. As long as lights off they stop then no issue. Can call police if they still playing when lights off.
    Our policemen will be very busy with this rather than working on major crimes...

Anyway I think it is okay for the teenagers to have good clean fun with their friends at the park. It is just poor design on developer's part to site some units facing the park directly.

Finally a subsale in Primo Residences recently.

It will b worrying if there r just a handful of commercial units (say less than 30 shops) in this mixed development, don't think can survive. But 270?! But think someone mentioned there's no themes/zones, so may end up rojak. Still, good for the neighboring residents.

Quote Originally Posted by fan
    It will b worrying if there r just a handful of commercial units (say less than 30 shops) in this mixed development, don't think can survive. But 270?! But think someone mentioned there's no themes/zones, so may end up rojak. Still, good for the neighboring residents.
    Actually if the developer plans the use of the shops well, with the right mix, the place can be self-supporting. The worry is when developer is only interested in selling out the shops to any Tom, Dick or Harry...

How can the developer not do anything to manage the mix.. What if 270 shops all intend to sell say bubble tea, then how? That will take 9mths to try out all

Heard a supermarket is tying up 67 units with developer. Still in negotiations..

Quote Originally Posted by fan
    How can the developer not do anything to manage the mix.. What if 270 shops all intend to sell say bubble tea, then how? That will take 9mths to try out all
    Drove past the site last weekend, how do they squeeze in 270 retail shops!?

Went for the preview launch. Price quoted on residential was very attractive with 3BR penthouse from $920-$940psf
    units are snapped up very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by serene33_cps
    Went for the preview launch. Price quoted on residential was very attractive with 3BR penthouse from $920-$940psf
    units are snapped up very fast.
    Indeed. Way cheaper than expectation. Ph are good buys. Decent layout. Only cons is those facing each other abit too close. I think primo residences owners gonna bang head Lol...the supermarket is sheng shiong fyi.

Indeed. Way cheaper than expectation. Ph are good buys. Decent layout. Only cons is those facing each other abit too close. I think primo residences owners gonna bang head Lol...the supermarket is sheng shiong fyi.
    wow, if there's a sizable supermarket, i think prices of nearby developments will increase too. How's the transport like for this area? nearest MRT is all the way out @ kovan right?

how were the 1 bedders priced?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wow, if there's a sizable supermarket, i think prices of nearby developments will increase too. How's the transport like for this area? nearest MRT is all the way out @ kovan right?

how were the 1 bedders priced?
    There are no 1 bedder. Only 1+1, Priced from 5xxk to 6xxk. Very decent layout. Freehold, near park, mix Dev, and with sheltered walkway to kovan center and mrt.

There are no 1 bedder. Only 1+1, Priced from 5xxk to 6xxk. Very decent layout. Freehold, near park, mix Dev, and with sheltered walkway to kovan center and mrt.
    any low 5xxk?

Primo owners won't bang their heads as majority of those who bought during preview got it for less than $1k/psf for typical units.

I am very interested to know how much is promenade's psf for their 1+1?
    Montaigne can advise?
    I am vested in Primo thus interested to know how it will affect my pricing.

Glad to hear a supermarket might be coming.
    I suppose Montaigne got your unit there.
    Congrats on your new purchase!