Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Promenade @ Pelikat (Former Pelikat mansion)

Default Thanks chrisop. It is at level B1. How about your one?

Yes understand that the interest rates will be higher for commercial bank loans and getting loan itself is also more difficult.

Most of ppl here use UOB's package?
    Maybank's package seems not good for this UOC, as its interest starts date is 3 month after letter of offer, is it true? OCBC is similar except the number of months is 6.

What's your package, mind to show me via PM?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisop
    Hi Avant, Congrats on your purchase! Which level did you get?

We used a 3-year interest lock-in loan package. For commercial bank loans, the interest rates are definitely much higher than home loans.

Quote Originally Posted by Avant
    Yes understand that the interest rates will be higher for commercial bank loans and getting loan itself is also more difficult.

Most of ppl here use UOB's package?
    Maybank's package seems not good for this UOC, as its interest starts date is 3 month after letter of offer, is it true? OCBC is similar except the number of months is 6.

What's your package, mind to show me via PM?
    Mine is on B1 too.

I'm using ocbc. Not sure of other bank loan packages cos didn't do any comparison. Can probably share some details with you via pm.

Default Surprised that you took OCBC loan

Please let me have more details. To me, its Interest Commencement Date and Cancellation are not favorable over others.

Besides rates (I prefer fixed/float compared to sibor-pegged), below are the items most important (to me at least):

LTV (matters as I plan to buy condo 3 years or later)
    Interest Commencement Date (determine the effective rate)
    One Free Conversion (better than none)
    Cancellation Fee (need to pay if not disbursed fully, even after lock in)
    Legal Fee Subsidy (Clawback period)
    Lock Years (think it is the min period we should stay in)

Mine is on B1 too.

I'm using ocbc. Not sure of other bank loan packages cos didn't do any comparison. Can probably share some details with you via pm.

Please let me have more details. To me, its Interest Commencement Date and Cancellation are not favorable over others.

Besides rates (I prefer fixed/float compared to sibor-pegged), below are the items most important (to me at least):

LTV (matters as I plan to buy condo 3 years or later)
    Interest Commencement Date (determine the effective rate)
    One Free Conversion (better than none)
    Cancellation Fee (need to pay if not disbursed fully, even after lock in)
    Legal Fee Subsidy (Clawback period)
    Lock Years (think it is the min period we should stay in)
    Why are you surprised that I took ocbc loan? I like ocbc best among the local banks.

Have pm you the details although there is not much value to compare further with the ocbc package since it's not that good. You should compare those offered by other banks.

Surprised because
    (1) cancelation rate is high (2% vs 1.5% of other banks)- no problem if you plan to take 3 yr lock in
    (2) interest start date is 6 months after LO.

I fogot the rate that my ocbc banker showed to me on his tablet, but it seems not to be very good either.

Finally found that there are not many choices, plan to take UOB instead of DBS (its 3 yrs fixed rate is quite low)

Why are you surprised that I took ocbc loan? I like ocbc best among the local banks.

Have pm you the details although there is not much value to compare further with the ocbc package since it's not that good. You should compare those offered by other banks.

Surprised because
    (1) cancelation rate is high (2% vs 1.5% of other banks)- no problem if you plan to take 3 yr lock in
    (2) interest start date is 6 months after LO.

I fogot the rate that my ocbc banker showed to me on his tablet, but it seems not to be very good either.

Finally found that there are not many choices, plan to take UOB instead of DBS (its 3 yrs fixed rate is quite low)
    Oh I see... Hehe just hope to faster repay the loan so it wouldn't matter that much.

Why did you choose UOB instead of DBS even though the interest rates at DBS are lower?

Default As DBS only approved me 70% loan while i want to set aside some money for

next downpayment of the first condo that I plan (to stay in private is not easy nowadays for new comers)
    Oh I see... Hehe just hope to faster repay the loan so it wouldn't matter that much.

Why did you choose UOB instead of DBS even though the interest rates at DBS are lower?

Quote Originally Posted by serene33_cps
    dun know about their 1+1 pricing...
    but their 3+S penthouse 131sqm @ $940psf - SOLD
    3+family penthouse 121sqm @$920psf - SOLD
    3+study 151sqm @ $830psf - SOLD
    The price difference between the 1+S units quite substantial, maybe more than 10%, dependent on facing.

How's the sales progress? Any other PH available? Anyone knows?

next downpayment of the first condo that I plan (to stay in private is not easy nowadays for new comers)
    Good for you that you managed to get a good deal.

Just visited. Still have selected premium stack PH and 1-bedder available. Some shops also, price seems reasonable.

Good quiet, landed living environment with parks and lots of amenities. Lots of potential. Confirmed that residential units have a carpark.

The only thing is reconcile will be how to smoothen traffic flow if businesses are doing excellently well here. Will the new Masterplan have changes to resolve this?

Very curious about the nature of businesses here. Any clues about the class of business, Avant and Chrisop?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni
    Just visited. Still have selected premium stack PH and 1-bedder available. Some shops also, price seems reasonable.

Good quiet, landed living environment with parks and lots of amenities. Lots of potential. Confirmed that residential units have a carpark.

The only thing is reconcile will be how to smoothen traffic flow if businesses are doing excellently well here. Will the new Masterplan have changes to resolve this?

Very curious about the nature of businesses here. Any clues about the class of business, Avant and Chrisop?
    I was there n e agent asked me to buy a tiny shop to sell confectionery n coffee. Hmm...

Think there's a supermarket there. Haha as for the rest, it's a surprise! I also don't know what kind of business. Just have to wait for them to open then know.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I was there n e agent asked me to buy a tiny shop to sell confectionery n coffee. Hmm...
    If such a common and no brainer business also nobody doing yet, shudder to think all those who bought intend to open up what kind of trade...

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    If such a common and no brainer business also nobody doing yet, shudder to think all those who bought intend to open up what kind of trade...
    Hehe nothing to shudder about... The most no one patronised lor. If you are worried "that" kind of business will be set up, then the residents will have even more cause for worry. Do you think that will go unreported?

Hehe nothing to shudder about... The most no one patronised lor. If you are worried "that" kind of business will be set up, then the residents will have even more cause for worry. Do you think that will go unreported?
    well, one thing for sure, bro yours sure is proper decent business....

Actually hard to say what might come, but there is a lot of similarities in concept to some of the mixed developments in the West. Some of them are doing very well (at least from what I see). Main thing is must maintain good traffic flow. It might benefit from the synergy of the surrounding wet markets, hawker centres and HDB as well. Very unusual spot to be at.

Must punch calculators some more. But if got lots of spare moolah definitely good to buy a residential unit to retire and run a mini cafe downstairs. Everyday ask good friends to come la kopi.

Think there's a supermarket there. Haha as for the rest, it's a surprise! I also don't know what kind of business. Just have to wait for them to open then know.
    The Sheng Siong deal for Promenade already gone. Those units already opened up for individual sales le

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    The Sheng Siong deal for Promenade already gone. Those units already opened up for individual sales le
    oh no!! good luck to the entire development then. most of these shops are 1xxsqft only big enough for mama shops/ handphone booth. Now that sheng shiong has pulled out there isnt much the other commercial units can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    that is bad news... Need anchor tenant to run the show somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    that is bad news... Need anchor tenant to run the show somehow.
    yes, with 270 tiny mama shops it will become a forgotten land.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    yes, with 270 tiny mama shops it will become a forgotten land.
    Will become those whichever mrt underground Xchange or mall extension style or far east plaza concept at best, or 女人街 @ pearl ctr at worst...

Actually hard to say what might come, but there is a lot of similarities in concept to some of the mixed developments in the West. Some of them are doing very well (at least from what I see). Main thing is must maintain good traffic flow. It might benefit from the synergy of the surrounding wet markets, hawker centres and HDB as well. Very unusual spot to be at.

Must punch calculators some more. But if got lots of spare moolah definitely good to buy a residential unit to retire and run a mini cafe downstairs. Everyday ask good friends to come la kopi.
    I dunno abt it, somehow i have a not there feel abt the commercial potential of this place. It is a sleepy laidback town and thats the beauty of the area. To mall-ize it would be so wrong. If its a few laidback enclave of shops like vegan burg at eunos, frankel different taste stretch, even big ben at siglap, that may work. I feel strongly that e moment the shops outnumber the resi by so much, the foundation already wrong big time. I dont have confidence in the commercial aspect of this project, sorry to those vested, but thats how strongly i feel it wnt work out.

I dunno abt it, somehow i have a not there feel abt the commercial potential of this place. It is a sleepy laidback town and thats the beauty of the area. To mall-ize it would be so wrong. If its a few laidback enclave of shops like vegan burg at eunos, frankel different taste stretch, even big ben at siglap, that may work. I feel strongly that e moment the shops outnumber the resi by so much, the foundation already wrong big time. I dont have confidence in the commercial aspect of this project, sorry to those vested, but thats how strongly i feel it wnt work out.
    I do agree with you 100% on this. This entire project was en-bloc for oxley to cash in. Since singaporeans are crazy over "mixed projects" this 1 is mixed + Freehold! sure sellout. These investors are probably non businessmen themselves hence they dont understand the importance of location. yes 7mins to MRT but the human traffic is quite dead here. Turning a place filled with workshops and hardware shops to a 270 min shopping mall is a great challenge.

Moreover, not sure if you've been to the showflat, the units' walkway/corridor (residential and commercial) inside the building (those facing each other) are not sheltered. Shops facing these directions be ready to expect floods during a thunderstorm (don't forget this project is at the foot of a mini "hill").

I do agree with you 100% on this. This entire project was en-bloc for oxley to cash in. Since singaporeans are crazy over "mixed projects" this 1 is mixed + Freehold! sure sellout. These investors are probably non businessmen themselves hence they dont understand the importance of location. yes 7mins to MRT but the human traffic is quite dead here. Turning a place filled with workshops and hardware shops to a 270 min shopping mall is a great challenge.

Moreover, not sure if you've been to the showflat, the units' walkway/corridor (residential and commercial) inside the building (those facing each other) are not sheltered. Shops facing these directions be ready to expect floods during a thunderstorm (don't forget this project is at the foot of a mini "hill").
    Congestion... Unkempt surroundings... Crowding... Noise.... Smells.... Will be order of the day .... IF the comm really takes off... Which i doubt so.

So more like ghost town on grnd flr and basement... Which is gd in a way for the resi can come down for free aircon.... And patronise the ice cream and bubble tea parlours esp on hot days. Food, convenience, snack shops kiosk style should do reasonably well here. But they cannot b kfc or mac kind as the traffic will not sustain the rent.

Just take a visit to Thomson V Two.... Recently top i think. Tell me if the shops are doing brisk biz...? I mean i really dunno.. Too inconvenient location to check out.

Congestion... Unkempt surroundings... Crowding... Noise.... Smells.... Will be order of the day .... IF the comm really takes off... Which i doubt so.

So more like ghost town on grnd flr and basement... Which is gd in a way for the resi can come down for free aircon.... And patronise the ice cream and bubble tea parlours esp on hot days. Food, convenience, snack shops kiosk style should do reasonably well here. But they cannot b kfc or mac kind as the traffic will not sustain the rent.

Just take a visit to Thomson V Two.... Recently top i think. Tell me if the shops are doing brisk biz...? I mean i really dunno.. Too inconvenient location to check out.
    theres no aircon bro. open concept

theres no aircon bro. open concept
    Hurrhhhh...... Doomed to fail liao lor like the early days Bugis Junction open air

Hurrhhhh...... Doomed to fail liao lor like the early days Bugis Junction open air
    they say similar to greenwich?

Wow. Thanks for the opinions on this for consideration.

The B2 shops may be good for vehicle maintenance / grooming etc, where the carparks are. B1 and level 1 are really anybody's guesses. IMO, they should have considered what was lacking in the vicinity and created a niche based on that. Maybe like educational and enrichment hub (taking advantage of the landed, attas area) for a UE-square kind of building - that kind of thing seems lacking in Northeast area. Or vehicle accessories building like Sunshine Plaza, sports apparel and shoes like Queensway shopping centre.

Leaving it open-ended leaves too many questions - might turn out like current Bukit Timah / Beauty World shopping centre at worst.

Yah need some kind of anchor tenant like NTUC, Sheng Siong, Shop n Save at least.

The shop owners should sit down and discuss what they want this to be. Lots of potential, but there are also possibilities to be untapped potential at worst.

Actually also depends on facing. Some facing might do well, hence the difference in prices between similar sized units is quite marked.

Maybe the developer has already recouped and earned on the residential?

residence is above workshop, you can imagine the tenant profile.

I imagine having rows of hair dressing saloons to service the residences there. This kind of business could substain or pizza takeaway.

If SS also fears to venture, it prob is too dangerous.