Page 52 of 148 FirstFirst ... 222732374247484950515253545556576267727782 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...idences-evelyn

any takers for the next < 4m unit in the area?

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Traditionally, big units are mostly bought by foreigners/PRs. With all those CMs such as ABSD disadvantaging/targeting foreigners/PRs as though they are not welcomed (they are not goondu to pay additional taxes in the form of ABSD viz-a-viz the locals), is it any wonder that they are not buying? Too bad, most Singapore citizens can't afford, even if $PSF has been lowered artificially by all those CMs.

Sooner or later, all these will cascade to a crash in Singapore property market unless the CM on punitive ABSD etc for foreigners/PRs are removed!

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    so far this year, i have seen a few good 4 bedder units transact at around +/- 4m and this was even before the July TDSR. that's why i feel this transaction is possibly real.

so far this year, i have seen a few good 4 bedder units transact at around +/- 4m and this was even before the July TDSR. that's why i feel this transaction is possibly real.
    I follow this project, due to some personal interest. I have never seen this one on the market.

as bro singleton had mentioned,

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi.../for-sale-viva

3+study of similar size nearby

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ell-residences

high floor, older neighbour of trilight also asking cheaper

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...ale-newton-one

Quote Originally Posted by Singleton View Post
    For trilight, its the balcony that is the issue, the actual unit layout is alright. But for this size, it is usually for own stay. Western tenants generally like balconies.

If one compares 2000sqfeet size in the area, Viva low floors are going for 2000pfs, PI 4 roomers are all in premium block should be around the pfs.

So this 28 floor unit at 1700pfs looks below market rate. When Trilight was nearing TOP, their 4 roomers at the lowest floors were asking around 1750pfs.

You may also be right that one should not just look at pfs, quantum is impt.
    Maybe for big unit 4m is the bar. On the opp scale, for MM in CCR, quantum may also be a more impt factor than pfs.

Quote Originally Posted by amk View Post
    I follow this project, due to some personal interest. I have never seen this one on the market.
    In a bull market, the below market rate ones are usu snapped up very fast.
    Previously saw one new advert, called up, but overnight unit sold and few mths later transaction was in the caveat, the agent wasn't bluffing.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Traditionally, big units are mostly bought by foreigners/PRs. With all those CMs such as ABSD disadvantaging/targeting foreigners/PRs as though they are not welcomed (they are not goondu to pay additional taxes in the form of ABSD viz-a-viz the locals), is it any wonder that they are not buying? Too bad, most Singapore citizens can't afford, even if $PSF has been lowered artificially by all those CMs.

Sooner or later, all these will cascade to a crash in Singapore property market unless the CM on punitive ABSD etc for foreigners/PRs are removed!
    For 4M unit,

total stamp fees

for local investors, >500k
    for foreigners, >600k

Even for 1.2M unit

total stamp fees

for local investors, >150k
    for foreigners, >200k

No small sums. Just based on base cost alone, will need prices to jump at least 15-20% to even out.

So one has to have lots of spare cash or has strong long term holding power to buy right now

Previously saw one new advert, called up, but overnight unit sold and few mths later transaction was in the caveat, the agent wasn't bluffing.
    But this is not a bull mkt. further more, this is a brand new unit barely top for a year. If the seller wants to sell at below developer price, he doesn't have to wait till now. There is no reason this early buyer cannot hold even 1 yr after top. Further more, this project enjoys healthy rental. 4bd lowest rent is abt 10k. This fully supports the cash flow if the owner is really desperate. it has to be something else.

Yes this one has a large balcony, it's wrapped around living area, actually quite nice. Much better than viva's large AC ledge.

Ah, so another "insiders" transaction!
    I have seen numerous of these before as well..............

About my experience: Been scrutinizing all adverts including agents helping looking out for me for certain projects, still can find transactions selling at below market price without me even knowing that there is such a unit available for sale! These are just "insiders" transactions (sale between family members or joint-owners etc) and is not available in the open market.

But this is not a bull mkt. further more, this is a brand new unit barely top for a year. If the seller wants to sell at below developer price, he doesn't have to wait till now. There is no reason this early buyer cannot hold even 1 yr after top. Further more, this project enjoys healthy rental. 4bd lowest rent is abt 10k. This fully supports the cash flow if the owner is really desperate. it has to be something else.

Yes this one has a large balcony, it's wrapped around living area, actually quite nice. Much better than viva's large AC ledge.
    It is still a super bull market bec >80-90% of the ads are still asking for near record prices and some even record prices, and developers are still paying record or high prices for land. It is just that the bull is having difficulty charging bec of the CMs & other measures.

Also like the large balcony wrapping around the living area. If we forget about cost, this is what real life living should be. In terms of structure and build, my own opinion is that Trilight is better than Viva, where the balcony of some stacks are almost directly touching AC ledges of other stacks. Marble Finishing inside Viva is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    About my experience: Been scrutinizing all adverts including agents helping looking out for me for certain projects, still can find transactions selling at below market price without me even knowing that there is such a unit available for sale! These are just "insiders" transactions (sale between family members or joint-owners etc) and is not available in the open market.
    Guess we will never know whether some of these below market prices units were actually in open market. Maybe taken up by agents themselves!

TDSR could have led to increasing interest rates for this borrower? + the increase in property tax?

rental ranges from 9.5k to 12.3k for the 2336 sq ft units. possible to be cash flow negative rite? esp. if the purchaser is an older person who owns multiple properties?

TDSR could have led to increasing interest rates for this borrower? + the increase in property tax?
    at the time of launch, the loan spreads were something like 70-80bps, throughout. no reason to have unexpected cash flow today. you buy with the expectation of around 10k rental in mind. the AV of this 2336 unit is rather low compared to others, and for 2014 the AV remain unchanged, with the staggered new rates the increase is minimal.

there is not a single subsale txn for large units. the last 2 low floor 2099 sqft 3bds, with even less efficient balconies, were sold at 1750 by developer. This 2336 4bd type was the best type, and was picked up fairly quickly during launch.

I'm very familiar with this project. To me the best indicator is that it has never been on the market. It does look like some one is trying to pay the 60k to decouple. Or something else. This is not a normal sale.

richies here are stingy .

regarding 9 Newton #28-08 Trilight
    less mystery now, not decoupling case. No point for company to decouple to a natural person. as to whether the 2 parties related, need to pay more.

1st caveat
    CAVEAT IB/649740C lodged on 22/12/2009 at 10:13
    CAVEATOR
    --------
    INTRA ASIA TRADING PTE LTD
    Interest Claimed : PURCHASER
    Purchase Price : $ 4,057,000
    Contract/Option Date : 05/11/2009
    Prohibition Clause : UNLESS THE CAVEATOR OR SOME PERSON NOMINATED BY
    HIM IN THE CAVEAT HAS CONSENTED IN WRITING TO SUCH
    REGISTRATION
    NOTIFIED ON : 22/12/2009

2nd caveat
    CAVEAT ID/878520S lodged on 13/12/2013 at 11:35
    CAVEATOR
    --------
    SAM ANTHONY KELLIE SMITH
    Interest Claimed : PURCHASER
    Purchase Price : $ 4,000,000
    Contract/Option Date : 13/12/2013
    REGISTRATION
    NOTIFIED ON : 13/12/2013
    3 CAVEAT ID/883739G lodged on 18/12/2013 at 12:06

3rd caveat
    CAVEAT ID/883739G lodged on 18/12/2013 at 12:06 (continuation)
    CAVEATOR
    --------
    CITIBANK SINGAPORE LIMITED
    Interest Claimed : MORTGAGEE/CHARGEE
    REGISTRATION
    NOTIFIED ON : 18/12/2013

now anybody want to check ACRA the info of INTRA ASIA TRADING PTE LTDto check whether SAM ANTHONY KELLIE SMITH is owner/director of INTRA ASIA TRADING PTE LTD ?also can check whether the company is SPV or running regular business operations, etc.

edit:
    website for intra asia trading pte ltd is http://www.intraasia.com.sg/
    so it is regular business
    Last edited by hopeful; 31-12-13 at 13:23.

google for the name of purchaser
    http://www.webb-site.com/dbpub/posit...p=89112&hide=Y
    Morgan Stanley le

and a nobleman to boot
    http://www.thepeerage.com/p21514.htm#c215131.1
    Last edited by hopeful; 31-12-13 at 13:34.

thanks hopeful.
    this txn is definitely "something else". not your average buy/sells.
    seller is a real company, no mortgage , buyer is an American banker, the last I check from bloomberg, doesn't live here...

is it difficult for people to accept that CCR transactions can be sold at a loss?
    so far we hear mostly about decoupling.

again, rich people has lots of properties. do you think they will decouple all their properties just to save on buying 1 additional property? .

so for the trilight property, what other theories beside decoupling, insider transaction can CCR losses deniers offer?
    1) company sell at low price to this fellow so that this fellow pay cash undertable to the company?
    2) company sell at low price to bribe the fellow?

once again, is it that difficult for people to accept that CCR transactions can be sold at a loss?

What we are saying is that these are transactions between acquaintence/insiders, not the open market type that you can buy off the market, not even advertised!
    Who knows, seller think he is doing buyer a favor by selling cheap to him (in hope of return in favour in future)... Are you businessmen otherwise it didn't occur to you?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful View Post
    is it difficult for people to accept that CCR transactions can be sold at a loss?

again, rich people has lots of properties. do you think they will decouple all their properties just to save on buying 1 additional property? .

so for the trilight property, what other theory
    1) company sell at low price to this fellow so that this fellow pay cash undertable to the company?

once again, is it that difficult for people to accept that CCR transactions can be sold at a loss?

so for the trilight property, what other theories beside decoupling, insider transaction can CCR losses deniers offer?

Easy to understand, as most people don't have the chance... you need more than luck... the connection is so important... You believe these cheap cheap houses need advertise at websites? I don’t.
    A bottle of Lafite '82 for all my coffeeshop friends yesterday...many don't know what is it....haha...

I have always believed CCR txns can be sold at a loss. Nothing special here.
    It is for this particular one txn, I have strong suspicion it is something else. Simply because I know it has never been on the market.

as you said, and I agree, the real rich dun give a s*** abt decoupling. the rich simply stopped buying. it is the in between ones that need to do this. 3-5mil fits perfectly well in it.

those high end agents have pool of ready buyers.
    if they know this is good deal to their ready buyers, they dont even bother to advertise. they called their clients direct.

where we are on their priority list depends on how often we buy property and how troublesome we are to the agents.

eg
    let's say if i buy CCR multi-million property once a month, and i dont need to nego further once hit my price target, you can bet that i would be high up on every CCR agents list. My favourite agent would spread the word to his contacts.
    if a person buys only 1 property every 10 year, he will be last on the list, only if they exhausted their clients list and advertising bear no fruits, so bo pian, then agent will try their luck, spend 20cents on phone call and called him.

on one hand, selling at a profit doesnt attract theories, on the other hand, selling at a loss attract lot of theories.

I just confirmed with my friend who saw Trilight 28-08 with his agent. The unit was on the market; in fact there were other viewers also. Sorry Teddybear your agent missed it. This should also put to rest the other hypotheses for this unit. I did not manage to accompany my friend. Saw the photos and layout... very nice. However the wraparound large balcony with relative smaller living may not be to everyone's likings.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL FELLOW FORUMMERS !!!
    MAY EVERYONE HUAT MORE IN THE NEW YEAR !!!
    Last edited by lifeline; 31-12-13 at 15:48.

No lah, this estate is not in my radar....

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline View Post
    I just confirmed with my friend who saw Trilight 28-08 with his agent. The unit was on the market; in fact there were other viewers also. Sorry Teddybear your agent missed it. This should also put to rest the other hypotheses for this unit. I did not manage to accompany my friend. Saw the photos and layout... very nice. However the wraparound large balcony with relative smaller living may not be to everyone's likings.

Thanks for providing the missing info that helps to piece these together
    Your rich friend should have picked this up, its below market price.
    Maybe many of the losses highlighted in this thread were actual losses and not due to the universal explanation in this forum-- "decoupling"

Happy New Year to all!

The boss of the company probably buddy with this banker whom may have made loads of money for him.

a different picture appear.

it appears that forummers here agree the transacted price is a good deal.
    however, before that the deal is done, the viewers who visited that trilight unit think that price at 1712psf is not so good afterall. they can perhaps get it cheaper.

it is up to that "carrot head" foreigner to think that 1712psf is a good price. once the deal is caveated and become public knowledge, suddenly everybody think that 1712psf is a good deal

if not for that "stupid" foreigner, perhap the deal will be done sub 1700psf ?

my question:
    1) if you were aware of the house on market, would you buy it?
    2) if you would buy it at 1712psf, why didnt the other locals buy it higher than 1712psf at that time?

just a study on human behaviour and psychology.

perhaps lifeline can ask his friend what was the asking price at that time. any bidding war etc.
    since it appears that 1712psf is a price too good to be true until so many theories appear.

a different picture appear.

it appears that forummers here agree the transacted price is a good deal.
    however, before that the deal is done, the viewers who visited that trilight unit think that price at 1712psf is not so good afterall. they can perhaps get it cheaper.

it is up to that "carrot head" foreigner to think that 1712psf is a good price. once the deal is caveated and become public knowledge, suddenly everybody think that 1712psf is a good deal

if not for that "stupid" foreigner, perhap the deal will be done sub 1700psf ?

my question:
    1) if you were aware of the house on market, would you buy it?
    2) if you would buy it at 1712psf, why didnt the other locals buy it higher than 1712psf at that time?

just a study on human behaviour and psychology.

perhaps lifeline can ask his friend what was the asking price at that time. any bidding war etc.
    since it appears that 1712psf is a price too good to be true until so many theories appear.
    When a person insists on being an ostrich and unwilling to accept the fact that CCR properties are losing value day by day, there is nothing you can do except to grab him by the ear and slap him senseless.

My friend owns Casabella and tried to find a renter but couldn't for over one year. These are real stories. We found a renter for our carabelle in three weeks. Also a real story.

Drop rental by 30% over mkt rate surely can find tenant.. No?

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11 View Post
    Drop rental by 30% over mkt rate surely can find tenant.. No?
    He kept lowering the rent but couldn't find a taker. He gave up and moved in himself with his family. It was meant to be a rental property, but became his residence because no one else wants to live there.

Your Crapbelle you ask for $5k per month also sure no tenant...

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    He kept lowering the rent but couldn't find a taker. He gave up and moved in himself with his family. It was meant to be a rental property, but became his residence because no one else wants to live there.