Page 6 of 148 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    In the place I'm staying, there is a unit that has been vacant since TOP, for 5yrs now.
    no one has ever stayed there. not even any ad for rent/sale.
    And the owner pays the maintenance on time. All this while. At one stage I asked his agent (or maybe his friend) why dun want to rent out. He said they dun need the money and dun want to "dirty" the place.
    Many CCR properties are for investments, or as second homes, or as asset for wealth preservation, etc. You need to broaden your mindset when analyzing CCR segment.
    Its like buying gold bar...no dividend and yet nid to pay insurance and security fees.

Yes.. I know many friends from China who buys units in Singapore and leave it empty.....

In the place I'm staying, there is a unit that has been vacant since TOP, for 5yrs now.
    And the owner pays the maintenance on time. All this while. At one stage I asked his agent (or maybe his friend) why dun want to rent out. He said they dun need the money and dun want to "dirty" the place.
    Many CCR properties are for investments, or as second homes, or as asset for wealth preservation, etc. You need to broaden your mindset when analyzing CCR segment.
    That's why he is not playing in the CCR segment... Coz he has OCR mindset

I think e units belong to developers, bcoz they r clustered together. Scattered empty units belonging to owners will b harder to spot from distance while driving.

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    That's why he is not playing in the CCR segment... Coz he has OCR mindset
    U r right, I'm not into CCR. Beyond my vit M n i'm betting on RCR n OCR near MRT for high growth rates n price support.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Much much better than buying and holding gold bars because gold bars cannot even leverage & refinance when interest rates are soooooo.... LOWwwwww........!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Its like buying gold bar...no dividend and yet nid to pay insurance and security fees.

Oh my gosh!
    In my estate, 1 whole floor owned by same owner, empty! totally dark at night at 8pm for 1 whole level. Can see clearly or not? Enough said?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    I think e units belong to developers, bcoz they r clustered together. Scattered empty units belonging to owners will b harder to spot from distance while driving.

That is why, please check you facts before you say CCR got lots of units nobody want! Nobody want? They are not for sale and not for rent! The owners like it that way! You think you can buy cheep cheep from them? I eye very long until neck broken also no sale!

U r right, I'm not into CCR. Beyond my vit M n i'm betting on RCR n OCR near MRT for high growth rates n price support.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    That is why, please check you facts before you say CCR got lots of units nobody want! Nobody want? They are not for sale and not for rent! The owners like it that way! You think you can buy cheep cheep from them? I eye very long until neck broken also no sale!
    you know for a fact they are not for sale? They are for sale, and have been for sale for years, with zero bites. Just look at Propertyguru.com to see there is a see of condos for sale at CCR. but no one is biting.

they are not for rent, that is for sale. but the owners are hoping to sell them soon to avoid huge losses ahead. but they are only dreaming.

Let's be balanced, u cannot say ALL are not for sale. There bound to have some.
    What Teddybear tried to explain is, having many vacant units in CCR is not a recent phenomenon. It has been like this all this while even in boom time. This is not a conclusive indicator of this segment.

Really? I'm interested to know which developer just build to keep as souvenirs...

Almost 40,000 private residential units remained unsold in Q4

The pipeline supply of 77,089 units was the highest ever recorded since 1999.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority, releasing the real estate statistics for 4th Quarter 2011, said:

As at the end of 4th Quarter 2011, there was a total supply of 77,089 uncompleted private residential units from projects in the pipeline, higher than the 76,255 units in 3rd Quarter 2011. The pipeline supply of 77,089 units was the highest ever recorded since such data was first available in 1999.

Of the supply in the pipeline, 39,184 units remained unsold as at 4th Quarter 2011. The unsold units comprised 10,741 units in CCR, 8,350 units in RCR and 20,093 units in OCR.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...d-unsold-in-q4

You still miss the point. Are the price drop for me to buy cheap? I eye for them to drop price so that I can buy cheap but until neck broke down also to no avails

Really? I'm interested to know which developer just build to keep as souvenirs...

Almost 40,000 private residential units remained unsold in Q4

The pipeline supply of 77,089 units was the highest ever recorded since 1999.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority, releasing the real estate statistics for 4th Quarter 2011, said:

As at the end of 4th Quarter 2011, there was a total supply of 77,089 uncompleted private residential units from projects in the pipeline, higher than the 76,255 units in 3rd Quarter 2011. The pipeline supply of 77,089 units was the highest ever recorded since such data was first available in 1999.

Of the supply in the pipeline, 39,184 units remained unsold as at 4th Quarter 2011. The unsold units comprised 10,741 units in CCR, 8,350 units in RCR and 20,093 units in OCR.

http://sbr.com.sg/residential-proper...d-unsold-in-q4
    Last edited by teddybear; 08-03-12 at 20:46.

Much much better than buying and holding gold bars because gold bars cannot even leverage & refinance when interest rates are soooooo.... LOWwwwww........!
    Property will not last forever, especially if there is war.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2012/0...8260EM20120307

http://www.9abc.net/index.php/archives/67890

You still miss the point. Are the price drop for me to buy cheap? I eye for them to drop price so that I can buy cheap but until neck broke down also to no avails
    You are addicted to property, particularly those in CCR.

Ww3, got gold aso no use....sure kena robbed

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Ww3, got gold aso no use....sure kena robbed
    It may buy you boat or flight tickets for you and your family to escape, because SGD would be nearly worthless if Singapore goes to war.

Now you bring in a new variable, then it is another set of equation!
    I'm saying every-things are being equal for all areas (CCR, OCR & RCR)...Don't keep changing your basis or variable to smoke or confuse people lah...If war, everything is gone including your OCR or RCR property!! Want to be Mr. B now?
    Uncle can tell all the trips! I eat salt more than you eat rice! Otherwise, how to earn money to enjoy life?

Agree with you. In CCR resale except for the bigger units which may be slightly more negotiable, very difficult to see a drop for the smaller ones because unless one is very lucky who would even sell at 5% below valuation? Basically its a stand off right now with little or no sales.

I'm not addicted to property but I'm passionate about property!
    If no passion, how to make money from property? I like the way Devil laugh, wakakakka

You are addicted to property, particularly those in CCR.

I'm not addicted to property but I'm passionate about property!
    If no passion, how to make money from property? I like the way Devil laugh, wakakakka
    Instead of waiting for durain to fall from other people's trees, u shd grow ur own durain trees tt produce better fruits if u r really passionate.

Now you bring in a new variable, then it is another set of equation!
    I'm saying every-things are being equal for all areas (CCR, OCR & RCR)...Don't keep changing your basis or variable to smoke or confuse people lah...If war, everything is gone including your OCR or RCR property!! Want to be Mr. B now?
    Uncle can tell all the trips! I eat salt more than you eat rice! Otherwise, how to earn money to enjoy life?
    I never put much hope into my properties, price goes up or down doesnt bother me too much. Thank u uncle teddy for ur info. Too much salt is bad for health. I'm enjoying my life, no need too much money. Enough for retirement is good enuf.

Too tired to type and repeat the same story...
    I copy and paste my old statement from another thread:

'Ha ha ha! I don't need to slough for a living. If that is considered wasting life to you, that is perfectly fine with me because I love to "waste time" to smell the roses and take life easy, come here to TCSS when I feel like it!

I never put much hope into my properties, price goes up or down doesnt bother me too much. Thank u uncle teddy for ur info. Too much salt is bad for health. I'm enjoying my life, no need too much money. Enough for retirement is good enuf.

Luxury condos with large quantum will face some resistance going forward especially with the 10% ABSD. Support for foreign buyers is almost 2x local buyers for those above 1.9k psf for resale/subsale in Jan-Feb. Taking into account most of them are transacted before CM5, any drop in FT purchase vol most owners can only hold or lower their psf. Looking at the stats, seems that upgraders are really aplenty especially those chionging OCR

Too tired to type and repeat the same story...
    I copy and paste my old statement from another thread:

'Ha ha ha! I don't need to slough for a living. If that is considered wasting life to you, that is perfectly fine with me because I love to "waste time" to smell the roses and take life easy, come here to TCSS when I feel like it!
    Life is short, okay to relax. Property guru David Lawrence died recently at relatively young age of 65. I also TCSS here only, so pls don't believe too much of I had written. Most of the time I'm just applying my knowledge to project what might happen in the short to mid-term, for the fun of it and to exercise my brain.

Whether it is CCR, RCR or OCR, the era of easy money is over for the man in the street. The entry barrier to make easy money is way too high now. I'm of the view that you should look somewhere else rather than properties to make money given the higher risk and your limited investment time-frame. But then again you may not be the man in the street...

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Luxury condos with large quantum will face some resistance going forward especially with the 10% ABSD. Support for foreign buyers is almost 2x local buyers for those above 1.9k psf for resale/subsale in Jan-Feb. Taking into account most of them are transacted before CM5, any drop in FT purchase vol most owners can only hold or lower their psf. Looking at the stats, seems that upgraders are really aplenty especially those chionging OCR
    May I know your data source, please? I also want to do some number crunching...

Thinking aloud: If a person has the power to change rules, and he missed the boat for the property up-cycle in 2009, got lots of cash at the side-line, would he introduce all these CMs especially aimed at discouraging foreigners from buying the properties to make CCR property prices slow or drop for them to pick up cheap cheap?
    (They won't buy OCR private properties for many reasons they know very well).

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

Look somewhere else only NOW? Oh . Too late lah, I am afraid you will always miss the boat!

Don't you know that high risk to you may be low risk to me?

Investment is all about your foresight, your timing, your holding power, your liquidity on the sideline... If you need to think hard before spending money on anything big ticket, then you would not be thinking on the same ledge as me....

Life is short, okay to relax. Property guru David Lawrence died recently at relatively young age of 65. I also TCSS here only, so pls don't believe too much of I had written. Most of the time I'm just applying my knowledge to project what might happen in the short to mid-term, for the fun of it and to exercise my brain.

Whether it is CCR, RCR or OCR, the era of easy money is over for the man in the street. The entry barrier to make easy money is way too high now. I'm of the view that you should look somewhere else rather than properties to make money given the higher risk and your limited investment time-frame. But then again you may not be the man in the street...

Look somewhere else only NOW? Oh . Too late lah, I am afraid you will always miss the boat!

Investment is all about your foresight, your timing, your holding power, your liquidity on the sideline... If you need to think hard before spending money on anything big ticket, then you would not be thinking on the same ledge as me....
    I have time.

To get rich, don't need much too much time, start with $2m and a 10 years cycle and after that can shake leg, relax, and smell the roses.
    If don't have $2m to start with, take another 10 years cycle to accumulate $2m or more (say start with $500k). I believe most people can make it if they dare to take calculated risks.

However, for some people, give them 100 years and they will still continue to miss the boat, and slough all their life waiting for that "perfect moment" and "luck" to get rich!

I have time.

To get rich, don't need much too much time, start with $2m and a 10 years cycle and after that can shake leg, relax, and smell the roses.
    If don't have $2m to start with, take another 10 years cycle to accumulate $2m or more (say start with $500k). I believe most people can make it if they dare to take calculated risks.

However, for some people, give them 100 years and they will still continue to miss the boat, and slough all their life waiting for that "perfect moment" and "luck" to get rich!
    "slough all their life"? Teddy, please stop pretending to be singaporeans. Go back to china and speak Chinese, which you are more comfortable with, or Hokkien.