Page 148 of 148 FirstFirst ... 118123128133138143144145146147148
Results 4,411 to 4,428 of 4428

Thread: A few CCR transactions sold at a loss (reported in The Edge)

One Tree Hill Resi

Sold 26 MAY 2017 1A ONE TREE HILL #XX-XX 1,001sq ft 1,998psf
    Bought 5 MAY 2007 2,400psf

Sold 14 JUN 2017 1A ONE TREE HILL #XX-XX 1,130sq ft 2,024psf
    Bought 5 MAY 2007 2,400psf

Cyan

Sold 19 MAY 2017 6 KENG CHIN ROAD #XX-XX 1,130sq ft 1,947psf
    Bought 12 DEC 2012 2,064psf

Sold 5 JUN 2017 6 KENG CHIN ROAD #XX-XX 1,130sq ft 2,008psf
    Bought 27 APR 2010 2,025psf

Sold 5 JUN 2017 6 KENG CHIN ROAD #XX-XX 657sq ft 1,828psf
    Bought 17 NOV 2009 1,834psf

The Grange

Sold 19 JUN 2017 1 GRANGE GARDEN #XX-XX 2,293sq ft 2,050psf
    Bought 3 OCT 2007 2,350psf

Volari

Sold 21 JUN 2017 12 BALMORAL ROAD #XX-XX 2,282sq ft 1,862psf
    Bought 7 AUG 2009 2,046psf

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Now, what you mentioned contradicts with what Kelonguni said!
    Let me re-quote his post as a reminder to you:

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    I am pretty sure you did not check out the recent HDB prices. Some of the OCR condos are priced barely above comparable HDBs in the same vicinity.

HDB is more peak than OCR actually.
    So, Kelonguni claimed:
    "Some of the OCR condos are priced barely above comparable HDBs in the same vicinity."

So it is clear to me that he is saying that HDB prices are almost same as some of the OCR condos!
    Then, he pointed me to HDB flat prices in Clementi.
    So, I would expect to see prices of Clementi's HDB flats to be almost same as some Clementi condos (obviously for similar size and similar lease left), but instead you said that:
    "By PSF alone, HDBs certainly cheaper than Condos."

So basically what you said contradicts what Kelonguni claimed!

Now, obviously we have to compare prices of properties by their similar sqft size, and hence $ PSF is the most fair comparison. Otherwise, you could be comparing a 3-room HDB flat to a 3-room condo which is NOT equivalent comparison at all right? Furthermore, you can have 3-room condos that may have size of 900 sqft to 1800 sqft, and you may be comparing 5 years old resale HDB flat (with 95 years lease left) to 40 years old condo (with 55 years lease left).

So, can I assume that what Kelonguni claimed is not true?
    and it is NOT the first time that he make CLAIMS that are found to be FALSE, or FAKE NEWS?

So, is HDB flat prices peakish? I don't know!
    However, what I know for sure is that OCR private property prices are now at THOUSAND YEARS HISTORICAL PEAK! Kelonguni keep disputing this but so far he has beating around the bush without providing evidence to back up his dispute against my statement.

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever View Post
    By PSF alone, HDBs certainly cheaper than Condos.

By absolute quantum and by equivalent/similar number of bedrooms, the gaps are narrower nowadays (PC used to be around double or more as compared to equivalent/similar HDBs).

Take the new launch Clement Canopy for example, the gap between 3BR Resale HDB (750K) and 3BR New PC (1.28M) is much less than double.

If older LH Condos are compared instead, the gaps maybe even narrower.

Kelonguni can correct if this wasn't what's meant.
    Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Those are for HDB flats, asking for ~$600 psf, and they are RESALE? (means for selling to foreigners, while Singaporeans buying at like 2/3 the price only for new 99-years leasehold).
    Furthermore, it is just that: "ASKING" price. We can always ask for the sky. What really matters is the ACTUAL transaction $ psf.

What about condo prices in nearby vicinity? They are like >$1400 psf already?
    If so, how can HDB flats be more expensive than condo prices?
    Last edited by teddybear; 30-06-17 at 23:59.

Quote Originally Posted by frumnat View Post
    Crazy pricing for old resale HDB...
    So cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Now, what you mentioned contradicts with what Kelonguni said!
    Let me re-quote his post as a reminder to you:

So, Kelonguni claimed:
    "Some of the OCR condos are priced barely above comparable HDBs in the same vicinity."

So it is clear to me that he is saying that HDB prices are almost same as some of the OCR condos!
    Then, he pointed me to HDB flat prices in Clementi.
    So, I would expect to see prices of Clementi's HDB flats to be almost same as some Clementi condos (obviously for similar size and similar lease left), but instead you said that:
    "By PSF alone, HDBs certainly cheaper than Condos."

So basically what you said contradicts what Kelonguni claimed!

Now, obviously we have to compare prices of properties by their similar sqft size, and hence $ PSF is the most fair comparison. Otherwise, you could be comparing a 3-room HDB flat to a 3-room condo which is NOT equivalent comparison at all right? Furthermore, you can have 3-room condos that may have size of 900 sqft to 1800 sqft, and you may be comparing 5 years old resale HDB flat (with 95 years lease left) to 40 years old condo (with 55 years lease left).

So, can I assume that what Kelonguni claimed is not true?
    and it is NOT the first time that he make CLAIMS that are found to be FALSE, or FAKE NEWS?

So, is HDB flat prices peakish? I don't know!
    However, what I know for sure is that OCR private property prices are now at THOUSAND YEARS HISTORICAL PEAK! Kelonguni keep disputing this but so far he has beating around the bush without providing evidence to back up his dispute against my statement.
    Wow, great work.

Apple to Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Teddy, for your information, I left not because I had to. My employer asked me to go back one year after I left. I just laughed it off.

I left because I was bored to death by the sterile society devoid of life and excitement. I was also tired of the heat and humidity. I just couldn't imagine living there for the rest of my life. It is not a knock on Singapore. It is just me.
    There is really no need to declare why you left Singapore, whether you still can't get the things you want in Singapore after being here for so many years, or things valuable to the country or your employer can't be found in you any more. Anyhow, it's fine, the bitter and sour aftertaste will be gone one day

I know it is just you. Just stay cool and enjoy your social welfare there.

Teddy, for your information, I left not because I had to. My employer asked me to go back one year after I left. I just laughed it off.

I left because I was bored to death by the sterile society devoid of life and excitement. I was also tired of the heat and humidity. I just couldn't imagine living there for the rest of my life. It is not a knock on Singapore. It is just me.
    During my stay at Gatwick Bed and Breakfast Guest House, we met an old lady collecting pension who return from her stay in one of the African country. She told us her stay oversea was wonderful until the local Muslim stay to made thing difficult for them, she has no choice but to return to England. She has sold all her property and the pension she collecting use to give her a great lifestyle is gone and now she needs to find accommodation and cut back on what she used to have.

Do remember the Best place on Earth is still the place you are born.

I have stayed in the East Coast for 6 months, West Coast for 30 months, Italy for 20 weeks, France for 8 years 8 months and I still feel my Home is Singapore.

There are a lot of happening behind the scenes to keep Singapore Safe, I was once asked why we need so many fighters aircraft for a small island and my answer was we have one chance to win the war and it cannot be fought in Singapore.

I still doing my national service to keep Singapore safe, four more week to go and don't know how long more before I can do what I like most.

Quote Originally Posted by Spincity1 View Post
    There is really no need to declare why you left Singapore, whether you still can't get the things you want in Singapore after being here for so many years, or things valuable to the country or your employer can't be found in you any more. Anyhow, it's fine, the bitter and sour aftertaste will be gone one day

I know it is just you. Just stay cool and enjoy your social welfare there.
    Exactly. Whether I left because I was let go or because I was sick and tired of living in your country is none of your buzwax. But I find it very strange that you Singaporeans really think your country is paradise and no one would leave voluntarily, and those who have left must have left because they have not been able to keep their jobs. The government must have done a very job instilling such confidence in the citizens.

Exactly. Whether I left because I was let go or because I was sick and tired of living in your country is none of your buzwax. But I find it very strange that you Singaporeans really think your country is paradise and no one would leave voluntarily, and those who have left must have left because they have not been able to keep their jobs. The government must have done a very job instilling such confidence in the citizens.
    You wouldn't have left wherever you were and come and stayed in Singapore for years if Singapore was not a paradise in some aspects to you then.
    Just as you left your country years ago for whatever reasons, voluntarily or involuntarily, now you left Singapore.

Just that such a bitter and sour aftertaste in your mouth makes people wonder if it was an unhappy and involuntary parting. Anyway, who cares
    Singapore is never a paradise, we are just people who complain but appreciate, too.
    You are fortunate to have a country to go after left Singapore, which cannot reject your return. You didn't earn such a birthright but your parents gave it to you, so learn to appreciate and stay cool.
    Last edited by Spincity1; 02-07-17 at 15:43.

You wouldn't have left wherever you were and come and stayed in Singapore for years if Singapore was not a paradise in some aspects to you then.
    Just as you left your country years ago for whatever reasons, voluntarily or involuntarily, now you left Singapore.

Just that such a bitter and sour aftertaste in your mouth makes people wonder if it was an unhappy and involuntary parting. Anyway, who cares
    Singapore is never a paradise, we are just people who complain but appreciate, too.
    You are fortunate to have a country to go after left Singapore, which cannot reject your return. You didn't earn such a birthright but your parents gave it to you, so learn to appreciate and stay cool.
    Another surprise!!! So when a person leaves a country and says something about that country that may not be interpreted to be entirely positive, then the person must have "a bitter and sour aftertaste." FYI, I left Singapore in the most positive mood, and I was not bitter or sour at all. What I have said about your country is my honest opinions, and I said them many times before even before I left. Teddy would be my witness, and could vouch for the fact that I said things ten times meaner about your country long long before I pulled up stakes and said sayonara to your paradise.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

To be fair, one man's meat could be another poison!

I can't fathom myself living in a cold and icy and gloomy without sunshine place, but this is just me.

If you like cold and icy place and is happy living there, good for you!

Another surprise!!! So when a person leaves a country and says something about that country that may not be interpreted to be entirely positive, then the person must have "a bitter and sour aftertaste." FYI, I left Singapore in the most positive mood, and I was not bitter or sour at all. What I have said about your country is my honest opinions, and I said them many times before even before I left. Teddy would be my witness, and could vouch for the fact that I said things ten times meaner about your country long long before I pulled up stakes and said sayonara to your paradise.

Exactly. Lots of foreigners have come to Singapore and since left. My guess is that 90% of all foreigners what have come have left. Obviously not all of them have left because they have been left go.

People come to this country for a variety of reasons, for jobs, for change of scenery, for intellectual challenges, for love, and so one and so forth. When they find something in the country unpleasant and distasteful, they pull up stakes and leave. There is nothing unusual about it.

Exactly. Lots of foreigners have come to Singapore and since left. My guess is that 90% of all foreigners what have come have left. Obviously not all of them have left because they have been left go.

People come to this country for a variety of reasons, for jobs, for change of scenery, for intellectual challenges, for love, and so one and so forth. When they find something in the country unpleasant and distasteful, they pull up stakes and leave. There is nothing unusual about it.
    What did you find in your country unpleasant and distasteful, when you decided to pull up stakes and leave for Singapore years ago?

Anyway, as you said, foreigners come and go, just some left gracefully, some distastefully and unpleasantly

What did you find in your country unpleasant and distasteful, when you decided to pull up stakes and leave for Singapore years ago?

Anyway, as you said, foreigners come and go, just some left gracefully, some distastefully and unpleasantly

Too many things are unpleasant and distasteful. For starters, the weather, the lack of seasonal variation, the humidity, the one-sided political system, the lack of alternative voices, the sterility of society, the lack of recreational opportunities, the high cost of living, the shocking gap between the have and have-not, the tendency for the rich to treat the poor with disdain, the sterile school and learning environment, the rat race in school and society in general, the fact that Singaporeans have low standard of living but believe otherwise. I can go on. But why make more enemies?

Of course people who have left Singapore are not fans of Singapore. If they were, they wouldn't have left, would they?
    Last edited by stalingrad; 02-07-17 at 22:58.

Exactly . not happy just leave la , talk so much , kpkb king.

Too many things are unpleasant and distasteful. For starters, the weather, the lack of seasonal variation, the humidity, the one-sided political system, the lack of alternative voices, the sterility of society, the lack of recreational opportunities, the high cost of living, the shocking gap between the have and have-not, the tendency for the rich to treat the poor with disdain, the sterile school and learning environment, the rat race in school and society in general, the fact that Singaporeans have low standard of living but believe otherwise. I can go on. But why make more enemies?

Of course people who have left Singapore are not fans of Singapore. If they were, they wouldn't have left, would they?
    Not sure if you can read or not, but I was asking the unpleasant and distasteful things you found in "your country" years ago that made you pull up states and leave for Singapore.

Since you listed out so many things that are distasteful and unpleasant to you in Singapore, was the situation in the country where you were before coming to Singapore much worse so you decided to come to Singapore?
    What were the noble reasons for you to decide to suffer yourself, together with your family, by staying in Singapore for so many years?