Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Natura @ Hillview (D23, Freehold, Macly/Roxy-Pacific)

Default Natura @ Hillview (D23, Freehold, Macly/Roxy-Pacific)

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

635sqft 3bdr, mm comes to hillview liow... and look at the bedrm same size as bathrm...

Who will want to live in such a small bedroom??

Isn't this right in the middle of the hillview terrace industrial estate?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Who will want to live in such a small bedroom??
    Its like 1+2maids room....wakakaka

Really power....2balconies plus big big ac ledge somemore!

Ultimate 3bdr champion for now!

hillview terrace had been "red-lined" and re-zone to residential for >10yrs liow... regent heights, hillview regency are all next to the industrial estate...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Its like 1+2maids room....wakakaka

Really power....2balconies plus big big ac ledge somemore!

Ultimate 3bdr champion for now!

dude, did you just create a new account recently so that you can talk to yourself in this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    dude, did you just create a new account recently so that you can talk to yourself in this forum?
    Wat color i wearing now?

Wakakakaka

3 bedder from 657sf?? Takes mini me to a whole new level.

The TK 605sf 3bedder den is ultimate.
    But layout is so much better den this.

I hope the govt will do something about this. It's getting ridiculous. Why give dev free 10% gfa when dev will use it so creatively and charge us? This is turning into a joke.

The bed in master bedroom is not even queen size! Joker

Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

In singapore the price of property and quality really not tally at all, pay so much but don;t even get the nice architecture and smart space planing from architect, ,developer always claim "luxury condo" but r we really get it ?????????government should do something....

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    I hope the govt will do something about this. It's getting ridiculous. Why give dev free 10% gfa when dev will use it so creatively and charge us? This is turning into a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by easteast
    In singapore the price of property and quality really not tally at all, pay so much but don;t even get the nice architecture and smart space planing from architect, ,developer always claim "luxury condo" but r we really get it ?????????government should do something....
    buyers' choice mah... just don;t buy all these super compact condo lor... all the ECs are still having decent layout/floorplan....

I think this one is Roxy enbloc from a few landed properties one. So the "pattern" very similar to those dog houses in East Coast and Telok Kurau . Outdoor gym. Wah lau.

Default 3-bedroom condo unit at 635 sq ft a new low? (ST 21 Mar)

'HONEY, I shrunk the house,' could well be the tagline for a new, swanky condominium in Bukit Batok. A three-bedder at Natura at Hillview Terrace, a joint venture between Roxy-Pacific Holdings and Macly Group, measures just 635 sq ft.

That is smaller than a squash court and slightly bigger than five HDB carpark spaces. Real estate consultants said a typical three-bedroom apartment occupies 1,000 to 1,500 sq ft of space.

Market watchers said Roxy-Pacific appears to be setting a trend as far as shrinking three-bedroom units is concerned.

They noted that another of the company's projects, Treescape in Telok Kurau, also features micro three-bedders which start from 603 sq ft. All 32 units have been sold since the project was launched, of which 25 units were sold last month at a median price of $1,401 per sq ft.

But unlike Treescape, which is a boutique development, Natura is a full facilities condominium with 193 units.

It is unheard-of for a mass market project here to have three-bedroom units of such a compact size.

Mr Ken Yeo, projects director of Macly Group, has defended the size of the apartments.

'We've designed the building in such a way that the wall can be taken out, so that you can open up the living room to be of a bigger space. That's what we mean by 'efficiently designed',' he said.

Noting that all of Macly's previous shoebox projects were sold out within one month of their official launches, Mr Yeo added that Macly has not received any complaints that 'Mickey Mouse apartments are not liveable'.
    He predicts that owner occupiers who opt for such units are likely to be singles or childless couples who prefer a smaller living space.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy, said that it is difficult to predict if such units will be well-received by the public.

'If you use Hong Kong as an example, yes it's liveable, but whether it's the kind of quality of life that people can get used to is something we actually won't know until the project is completed,' he said, referring to small flat sizes in Hong Kong.

on the flip side, if psf is cheap. coupl Tenant may like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    on the flip side, if psf is cheap. coupl Tenant may like it.
    600 sqft for 3 rooms, now 300sqft for 1 bedder doesnt sound that bad right?

this one is really a bloody joke! HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Mequity = Macly? same Developer?

they just call it 3 -room so that the quantum can be priced like a 1000+ sq ft 3 room (or slightly cheaper) but they will earn via the psf.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Mequity = Macly? same Developer?
    Think Mequity is a JV between Macly and Roxy-Pacific.

See link below for more details about Mequity:

http://www.aboutsingaporeproperty.com/?s=mequity

600sqft still not qualified as MM by definition? MM must be less than 500 sqft. This Roxy has started this trend in East Coast/Telok Kurau long time ago liao. At least this one is full condo facility. Not not the scum of the earth yet. But its not on the nice part of Hillview though, but neverless amongst landed property.

650sqft 3 bedder not better or worse than a 300sqft one bedder. Because i think 1 bedroom only 100sqft right? the rest is the kitchen and bathroom and living/dining room.

600 sqft for 3 rooms, now 300sqft for 1 bedder doesnt sound that bad right?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    600sqft still not qualified as MM by definition? MM must be less than 500 sqft. This Roxy has started this trend in East Coast/Telok Kurau long time ago liao. At least this one is full condo facility. Not not the scum of the earth yet. But its not on the nice part of Hillview though, but neverless amongst landed property.

650sqft 3 bedder not better or worse than a 300sqft one bedder. Because i think 1 bedroom only 100sqft right? the rest is the kitchen and bathroom and living/dining room.
    But this is 600sqft for 3 bedrooms. u can dont call it MM or call it whatever u want, i'm sure to fit 3 rooms in 600sqft is still tighter than 1 room 3xxsqft

Yes so in 3xxsqft u can have 1 room, with Kitchenette, living. can u imagine only adding 200+ sqft for 2 more rooms?

But this is 600sqft for 3 bedrooms. u can dont call it MM or call it whatever u want, i'm sure to fit 3 rooms in 600sqft is still tighter than 1 room 3xxsqft

Yes so in 3xxsqft u can have 1 room, with Kitchenette, living. can u imagine only adding 200+ sqft for 2 more rooms?
    nid a bigger space for living/dining/kitchen for 2/3bdr too

anyway i look at the flrplan.....if ac ledge cut by half and no balcony, 635sqft actually ok for 3bdr....wakakaka

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew

Should ban this. Problem is people still rush to buy. Hoping for the greater fool will buy from them.

Government should step in and restrict the min studio size and min living area. and charge a tax on ultra small unit. This will destroy the next generation of housing generation onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Should ban this. Problem is people still rush to buy. Hoping for the greater fool will buy from them.

Government should step in and restrict the min studio size and min living area. and charge a tax on ultra small unit. This will destroy the next generation of housing generation onwards.
    Nahh they won't do that.

Omg the A/C ledge is like the length of both toilets combined

Nahh they won't do that.

Omg the A/C ledge is like the length of both toilets combined

I hope people come to their senses and not rush in. problem is there are people who are blind by greed and buy fanning the perception that there is demand and more developer building and we start to treat it as norm.

end up like hong kong . go ask any hong kong person they like their house size? nope. they hated it but no choice.. developers are all building those size and the lack of public housing don't give them much choice.

hope we don't go hong kong style. scary.

Default Space still key factor for home buyers (ST today)

NEWS that a developer is cramming three bedrooms into a tiny flat has put the spotlight on the regulations determining such matters, and it appears the builders have plenty of leeway.

In fact, developers can put as many rooms into a flat as they like, although the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) does review a project's overall design, site configuration and unit layout to ensure a good living environment.

So how Natura, a joint development between Macly Group and Roxy-Pacific Holdings in Hillview, will fare with plans to build 635 sq ft three-bedroom units remains to be seen.

Unsurprisingly, potential buyers told The Straits Times that their chief complaint is space constraints.

Mr Heri Setiabudi, who is in his late 30s and works in the supply chain sector, said such an apartment is 'basically just too small'.

'If you're thinking of renting it out, I don't think people, especially the foreigners, will rent such a small unit... Even if you are single but intend to start a family, (it's too small),' he added.

A manager who wanted to be known only as Alex, 35, said the units may attract investors who 'are thinking of... subletting (them) as three separate rooms'. But he said he would not invest in them because of a 'lack of flexibility'.

'I don't think these will be very long-term tenants. I can't imagine someone who will live there for more than 12 to 24 months.'

A 22-year-old newlywed undergraduate, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ong, said such a flat is not large enough to 'raise a normal-sized family, which has about two kids on average'.

Real estate consultants were more neutral, with most preferring to adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy, predicts buyers at Natura will likely be HDB dwellers eager to upgrade to private homes but 'may be a bit stretched at the moment'.

He added that expatriates would likely rent them, but 'being an untested size, I think it's a bit challenging for people to hope to get very good rental'.

HSR Property Group special adviser Donald Han noted that it was 'creative' of the developers to give buyers the option of pulling down a wall between two adjoining rooms to enlarge the space.

'It could be a marketing technique for one to try selling three bedrooms at a cost-competitive, affordable rate,' he said, adding that such a concept allowed for 'flexibility on how you can create more rooms in the future' and may appeal to newlyweds.

Mr Colin Tan of Suntec Chesterton International said Natura's units are comparable to small flats in Hong Kong, but noted that Singaporeans may not be accustomed to the constrained living space.

'Hong Kong (people) are conditioned (to live in) small flats... Our basic housing is the HDB flat, which is quite big, (so) we don't have that kind of tolerance,' he said, adding of the 635 sq ft units: 'It's liveable, but you can't buy too many things.'

OrangeTee's Mr Tan said consultants will not know how the flats will fare until they are launched, which Macly has said is likely to be next week. 'The market has shown itself to be very surprising to analysts like me,' Mr Tan added.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    NEWS that a developer is cramming three bedrooms into a tiny flat has put the spotlight on the regulations determining such matters, and it appears the builders have plenty of leeway.

In fact, developers can put as many rooms into a flat as they like, although the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) does review a project's overall design, site configuration and unit layout to ensure a good living environment.

So how Natura, a joint development between Macly Group and Roxy-Pacific Holdings in Hillview, will fare with plans to build 635 sq ft three-bedroom units remains to be seen.

Unsurprisingly, potential buyers told The Straits Times that their chief complaint is space constraints.

Mr Heri Setiabudi, who is in his late 30s and works in the supply chain sector, said such an apartment is 'basically just too small'.

'If you're thinking of renting it out, I don't think people, especially the foreigners, will rent such a small unit... Even if you are single but intend to start a family, (it's too small),' he added.

A manager who wanted to be known only as Alex, 35, said the units may attract investors who 'are thinking of... subletting (them) as three separate rooms'. But he said he would not invest in them because of a 'lack of flexibility'.

'I don't think these will be very long-term tenants. I can't imagine someone who will live there for more than 12 to 24 months.'

A 22-year-old newlywed undergraduate, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ong, said such a flat is not large enough to 'raise a normal-sized family, which has about two kids on average'.

Real estate consultants were more neutral, with most preferring to adopt a wait-and-see attitude.

Mr Tan Kok Keong, OrangeTee's head of research and consultancy, predicts buyers at Natura will likely be HDB dwellers eager to upgrade to private homes but 'may be a bit stretched at the moment'.

He added that expatriates would likely rent them, but 'being an untested size, I think it's a bit challenging for people to hope to get very good rental'.

HSR Property Group special adviser Donald Han noted that it was 'creative' of the developers to give buyers the option of pulling down a wall between two adjoining rooms to enlarge the space.

'It could be a marketing technique for one to try selling three bedrooms at a cost-competitive, affordable rate,' he said, adding that such a concept allowed for 'flexibility on how you can create more rooms in the future' and may appeal to newlyweds.

Mr Colin Tan of Suntec Chesterton International said Natura's units are comparable to small flats in Hong Kong, but noted that Singaporeans may not be accustomed to the constrained living space.

'Hong Kong (people) are conditioned (to live in) small flats... Our basic housing is the HDB flat, which is quite big, (so) we don't have that kind of tolerance,' he said, adding of the 635 sq ft units: 'It's liveable, but you can't buy too many things.'

OrangeTee's Mr Tan said consultants will not know how the flats will fare until they are launched, which Macly has said is likely to be next week. 'The market has shown itself to be very surprising to analysts like me,' Mr Tan added.
    Sure Sell out on day 1!

pricing only mah.... if cheap enough... buy the 635ft 3bdr, knock down the wall between the 2 small rooms and make it 2bdr... stay inside for 5-10yr... after that or in future all common rooms will be that small... so you can sell it/rent it out as 2bdr or 3bdr then...