Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51015161718192021222324253035 ... LastLast

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by cheangeric
    agreed. the dk unit is not practical to rent out the studio part because no extra door access to the main unit, so need to build a door entrance if were to rent out the studio.

also the main open kitchen may not be practical for me, so planning also to use glass as partition it enclose with glass sliding door.

i m planning for own stay. looking at 3 bedder and DK, loose something but gain on other etc. bigger balcony for yard usage, 2 master rm and one small rm instead of one master and 2 small rm. and also 2 kitchens but no utility rm no yard.

actually i m thinking for storage, i can modify the small kitchen into one row of cabinet.

not sure if my opinion is practical here? yr view? thanks
    You can probably remove the doors of 2nd kitchen and then build a sliding door storage structure to conceal it. Otherwise tear down whole thing or tell developer not to build it for you.

As for the main kitchen, building glass enclosure is going to be challenging as there is no space for your dining table once the glass is built. No choice leave it as it is.

agreed. the dk unit is not practical to rent out the studio part because no extra door access to the main unit, so need to build a door entrance if were to rent out the studio.

also the main open kitchen may not be practical for me, so planning also to use glass as partition it enclose with glass sliding door.

i m planning for own stay. looking at 3 bedder and DK, loose something but gain on other etc. bigger balcony for yard usage, 2 master rm and one small rm instead of one master and 2 small rm. and also 2 kitchens but no utility rm no yard.

actually i m thinking for storage, i can modify the small kitchen into one row of cabinet.

not sure if my opinion is practical here? yr view? thanks
    See attached floor plan.. you can have 2 sliding glass doors into the kitchen but dining table needs to shift away.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    See attached floor plan.. you can have 2 sliding glass doors into the kitchen but dining table needs to shift away.
    thanks Kanarazu. exactly what i m thinking of. not sure if there is curvy glass partition like attached floor plan? i would like to change to round dining table also for slace saving.

what do u think?

thanks Kanarazu. exactly what i m thinking of. not sure if there is curvy glass partition like attached floor plan? i would like to change to round dining table also for slace saving.

what do u think?
    See attached. The angled side (60degree) you can maybe use carpentry and do a S-shape feature wall. That should complement your round table. Your idea of round table makes more sense really! (I use 1250mm diameter for table)

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wow thats a lot more to go. Why arent ppl buying this?
    I took a look at the showflat a couple of weeks ago. The location for 8RS is excellent - 5-min walk to the MRT station, food centre, etc.

I was less enthusiatic about paying about $1400psf for a unit in a crowded 500-unit 99-year lease condo (i.e. less upside) and where the rental yield may not be fantastic given the numerous developments in vicinity competing for the same rental $...

Quote Originally Posted by tiks
    I took a look at the showflat a couple of weeks ago. The location for 8RS is excellent - 5-min walk to the MRT station, food centre, etc.

I was less enthusiatic about paying about $1400psf for a unit in a crowded 500-unit 99-year lease condo (i.e. less upside) and where the rental yield may not be fantastic given the numerous developments in vicinity competing for the same rental $...
    vicinity -> do u mean developments near potong pasir mrt?
    else those in michael side have to walk much longer to mrt....
    Or maybe City View may snatch some tenants when mop is up?

Quote Originally Posted by taggy
    vicinity -> do u mean developments near potong pasir mrt?
    else those in michael side have to walk much longer to mrt....
    Or maybe City View may snatch some tenants when mop is up?
    Today in SIN, most places would have plenty of PC in the vicinity.. I just buy the nearest to the MRT in that area (8RS) and nearest to town that I can afford.

The big negative is no sheltered walkway to mrt unlike The sennett.

Travel without worrying about the elements is a big positive point that some are willing to pay a premium.

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

Travel without worrying about the elements is a big positive point that some are willing to pay a premium.
    That is a fair point. But I am sure there are people unwilling to pay this premium. To avoid paying this premium, they may consider 8RS and other closer to town projects more favorably. Psychologically, pp is suburban while whampoa is city fringe. That will have some effects.

Time has change.. Used to be 10min to MRT then min and people now expect full shelter or integration with station.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy
    That is a fair point. But I am sure there are people unwilling to pay this premium. To avoid paying this premium, they may consider 8RS and other closer to town projects more favorably. Psychologically, pp is suburban while whampoa is city fringe. That will have some effects.
    But i feel buying PP has more potential than buying BoonKeng / Whampoa. There's much more developments and plans coming up in PP than BK.

But i feel buying PP has more potential than buying BoonKeng / Whampoa. There's much more developments and plans coming up in PP than BK.
    i think 一分钱一分货... the different in distance to mrt are already reflected in the condo prices in the 2 area.
    but then i guess, being just 1 station apart, if price at PP rise further up, it will pull up prices at Boonkeng as well....
    Last edited by taggy; 02-11-12 at 22:03.

bro, that's a good point ... I was thinking along that line too.

I looked at both but pick BK simply because its nearer to town, it's city fringe, and do not have to go past that busy PIE as in the case for PP.

BK is 10mins drive to orchard, shenton way, MBS, etc. it's 5mins to 1 MRT and 3 stops to dhoby ghaut.. Walk 10mins and you have 2 more MRT station on DTL line. It's city fringe.

PP is very near to PIE and those projects near it has endless noise.

BK is a mature estate with lots of amenities.. PP could have future developments I agree. Punggol too if you look at the concept plan.

Lots of talk about the Sennet, it could be integrated but not the other condos that need to walk under the elements too.

I don't know about the rest but I feel PP is very "xin".. Maybe coz it was a huge cemetery before. Over time should be better but for now I don't want to live there.

. I look at nin at PP and at its doorstep is a mosque.. Good for Muslim Bros but for others you have to live with it.

Very "yin" not "xin"...

The developer should do away with that row of townhouses trapped in the middle by mscp and another block. Who will want to live in such townhouses....

More development means more construction activities, more road diversions and more dusts. For own stay, I will definitely not choose a place with endless future construction.

The developer should do away with that row of townhouses trapped in the middle by mscp and another block. Who will want to live in such townhouses....
    Just curious, is there any development ever changed site plan half way? What is consequence if they do so?

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    More development means more construction activities, more road diversions and more dusts. For own stay, I will definitely not choose a place with endless future construction.
    Yep, for own stay different people would have different opinions and preferences. I was speaking in an investment point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by jpm77
    Just curious, is there any development ever changed site plan half way? What is consequence if they do so?
    Floor plan have e.g. rosewood suites changed the configuration of some of their 3 bedders a few months after initial launch. The estuary 2+ study was offered in 3 different configurations about a month plus after initial launch.

....as for site plan, i dunno haa ha haaa...

PP and Boon Keng are close neighbours. So price changes in PP will have impact on Boon Keng developments and vice versa.

Piling equipment on site
    Look like piling work will start during during school holiday

Wow will be nice to see all the nice building and changes in 2-3 years time when all these properties completed.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    Piling equipment on site
    Look like piling work will start during during school holiday

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    PP and Boon Keng are close neighbours. So price changes in PP will have impact on Boon Keng developments and vice versa.
    15 units sold in October, with median price of $1360 psf (range from $1239 to $1565 psf). To date, 43 percent sold. Not exactly a good month of sales.

15 units sold in October, with median price of $1360 psf (range from $1239 to $1565 psf). To date, 43 percent sold. Not exactly a good month of sales.
    any 1 and 2 roomers left?

Plentyyyyy

Quote Originally Posted by chngz
    Plentyyyyy
    Any particular reasons why still so many?

Think Bartley residences 1 roomers all gone now.

Kovan regency also mostly gone during preview.

Marketing CMI. Show flat also not impressive at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    Any particular reasons why still so many?

Think Bartley residences 1 roomers all gone now.

Kovan regency also mostly gone during preview.
    Too crowded. 850+ units on a 200k sqft area.

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger
    Too crowded. 850+ units on a 200k sqft area.
    Probably one of the reasons.

BR 200plus sqfeet 700 units.

But city square residences 200k sq feet >900units, have not heard people say it is over-crowded.