Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 51015202530313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1178

Thread: Eight Riversuites @ Whampoa East Road (United Engineer Group LH 99 Years)

Quote Originally Posted by dragonkee View Post
    Yup,think dropped a lot,almost 100k for some unit!
    which stacks in particular? are they the not-so-desirable layouts and double volume ones?

but 44 units in 1month is alot!! guess its good for developer.. will definitely sell out before TOP if this continues.
    I've had enough. I'm done!!!

Thanks. Shall probably pay a visit to the showroom this weekend. I saw the layout for the 980sft unit. . Looks good on paper.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    which stacks in particular? are they the not-so-desirable layouts and double volume ones?

but 44 units in 1month is alot!! guess its good for developer.. will definitely sell out before TOP if this continues.
    So as early buyer, is there any regret?

How will early buyer regret....remember the cost of buying property is not the price alone. It includes interest...ABSD and especially the interest has already increased quite a lot now compare to almost two-half years ago...

But not all buyers are subjected to absd, and if the price diff is at least 100k, it is still cheaper compared to the interest effect. My best guess interest prob climbed 0.2% and the amount disbursed is not much at this stage.

However choice unit might not be available though.

Quote Originally Posted by xtink View Post
    But not all buyers are subjected to absd, and if the price diff is at least 100k, it is still cheaper compared to the interest effect. My best guess interest prob climbed 0.2% and the amount disbursed is not much at this stage.

However choice unit might not be available though.
    haha im still curious which stacks did UE decrease the prices for. or is it across the board?
    yes u are right. usually the ones left behind have a reason why they arent yet sold. the possible reasons include: high initial price, poor facing, poor layout etc

haha im still curious which stacks did UE decrease the prices for. or is it across the board?
    yes u are right. usually the ones left behind have a reason why they arent yet sold. the possible reasons include: high initial price, poor facing, poor layout etc
    Don know which stack also. Should be those near the main road or high floor I guess...

Stack 2 got price cut because it is just next to main road. But I think developer has scaled back discount.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    Stack 2 got price cut because it is just next to main road. But I think developer has scaled back discount.
    i believe that next to main road is not an issue, unless u get a low floor. A high floor unit will have no problem with noise and dust. more importantly is the layout of the unit. i know of some 2+1 bdrm units in 8RS which have not so good layouts and hence cant sell. im guessing if anything the developer will be cutting the prices on the less-than-ideal layouts.

Actually I got a question with regards to high floor. . Noise travel upwards and the impression is that the high floor is usually very noisy. . But I suppose come a stage where noise energy will fade off. So what is this magical number in terms of floor?

This site is the previous Beng Wan primary school and bendemeer primary school (beside kallang-whampoa river). Though it is at city fringe, but also not that near to boon keng mrt. Need 6-7min walk.

Not sure the 24hrs roti prata shop still operating nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Royston8H View Post
    This site is the previous Beng Wan primary school and bendemeer primary school (beside kallang-whampoa river). Though it is at city fringe, but also not that near to boon keng mrt. Need 6-7min walk.

Actually I got a question with regards to high floor. . Noise travel upwards and the impression is that the high floor is usually very noisy. . But I suppose come a stage where noise energy will fade off. So what is this magical number in terms of floor?
    I wan to know also, anyone here can advise
    Last edited by dragonkee; 18-04-14 at 21:54.

24 hours roti prata shop no more liao. Is empty land now..hope convert to shopping mall then 8rs price will up up up

24 hours roti prata shop no more liao. Is empty land now..hope convert to shopping mall then 8rs price will up up up
    with a plot ratio of 4.2 will it be a shopping mall?

anyway, with regards to noise. my knowledge of physics tells me that noise travels outwards in all directions like a sphere. hence, by common sense, the closer u are to the source of the noise (measured in a straight line distance), the louder it will be. of course, since sound/ noise is a wave made up of alternating compressions and rarefactions, it will be affected by objects obstructing its route of motion, and thus will be reflected accordingly. also, depending on the wavelength/ frequency of the sound/ noise, its penetration will also vary.

in summary, sound travels outwards in all directions like a sphere. the closer u are to the source, the louder it will be. thus, the lower floors will be noisier, and the higher floors will be less noisy.

actual distance to mrt is 340m. Within 5 min to mrt.

Talking

Passed, =clemdale24;474006]with a plot ratio of 4.2 will it be a shopping mall?

anyway, with regards to noise. my knowledge of physics tells me that noise travels outwards in all directions like a sphere. hence, by common sense, the closer u are to the source of the noise (measured in a straight line distance), the louder it will be. of course, since sound/ noise is a wave made up of alternating compressions and rarefactions, it will be affected by objects obstructing its route of motion, and thus will be reflected accordingly. also, depending on the wavelength/ frequency of the sound/ noise, its penetration will also vary.

in summary, sound travels outwards in all directions like a sphere. the closer u are to the source, the louder it will be. thus, the lower floors will be
    noisier, and the higher floors will be less noisy.[/QUOTE]

Paiseh Don know what is plot ratio of 4.2 .... So not possible?

I wan to know also, anyone here can advise
    I have walked from the mrt to the showflat a few times already, it is only a short walk and within 5 mins at normal walking pace.

Regarding the noise high floors can still get pretty noisy depending on the facing and whether there are opposite blocks reflecting the noise from the ground level upwards. I used to stay on a high floor >10th facing a long stretch of clementi road and it was quite noisy as there was a block nearby at the side reflecting noises and because of the high floor I could hear the traffic noises throughout whole stretch of the road due to the open line of sight (nothing to block the sound)

For low floors if your unit faces the traffic you will get direct noise which is very noisy this is true. However if u get a low floor which is inwards facing diagonally to the road or away from the road it should be quite quiet.

So say for stack 6 on a high level above 20th floor, is noisy expected to be an issue? I'm referring to the direct school facing for block 2 of this project? There is no tall buildings in the vicinity or in front of it to sort of reflect the noises up so high right? Though almost all units in the project will get flanked by traffic noises from both sides somehow.

If concern about noise than pick those facing school or stack 6. It's shielded from the main road by 2 adjacent stack - best buy IMHO

So say for stack 6 on a high level above 20th floor, is noisy expected to be an issue? I'm referring to the direct school facing for block 2 of this project? There is no tall buildings in the vicinity or in front of it to sort of reflect the noises up so high right? Though almost all units in the project will get flanked by traffic noises from both sides somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi View Post
    If concern about noise than pick those facing school or stack 6. It's shielded from the main road by 2 adjacent stack - best buy IMHO
    you mean block 6? Yes, agree those flanked by other blocks are more sellable. Going through REALIS, the units in block 6 command higher prices and have higher take-up. Developer also didn't give as much discount compared to blocks / stacks just next to main road. Can check REALIS yourself to confirm.

Quote Originally Posted by timmy View Post
    actual distance to mrt is 340m. Within 5 min to mrt.
    The distance from MRT is very decent, fast walk can do it in 3 mins, if slow stroll 5-6mins. The problem comes if it rains

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie1 View Post
    The distance from MRT is very decent, fast walk can do it in 3 mins, if slow stroll 5-6mins. The problem comes if it rains
    Thought govt going to build sheltered walkway for all developments within 400 m of MRT? This one is 340 m, so will be covered in the future.

Think earlier in the year there was this car promotion where you buy certain units and drive away a car for 10k including coe. Anyone bought during that promo? Think the developer now gives you the cash discount instead of the car and that's why people ate seeing lower price for the units now

I was sharing thoughts with one of my friends on 8rs who was also interested in the project. . He shared he had seen apparent steep discount.. eg. A very low floor unit xx-23 was quoted about 1.5years back at 1.346 mil., and was recently sold at around 1.1 mil. That's a whopping 250k off. Granted this is probably not the best unit in the project and it takes alot of courage to buy that unit, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi View Post
    Anyone know,
    Which level on 8R facing school
    can clear the height of the school?

Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Anyone know,
    Which level on 8R facing school
    can clear the height of the school?
    level 6 or 7 should clear the school height already. Block 2 and 6 sit on top of the mscp, so level 6 is the floor level for these two blocks.
    But I believe low floor units are almost gone. Best to check with agent

I'm not too concerned about price dropping.. Buying early means picking the best unit.. If later buyers got better price - happy for them

Missed that shop......hai time passed so fast...

What is the % of 8RS being sold out now?

Missed that shop......hai time passed so fast...

What is the % of 8RS being sold out now?
    76%. under a quarter left to sell.

I was sharing thoughts with one of my friends on 8rs who was also interested in the project. . He shared he had seen apparent steep discount.. eg. A very low floor unit xx-23 was quoted about 1.5years back at 1.346 mil., and was recently sold at around 1.1 mil. That's a whopping 250k off. Granted this is probably not the best unit in the project and it takes alot of courage to buy that unit, at least for me.
    I guess the 1.346 mil quoted 1.5 years ago is a bumped up figure? So the 250k "discount" may not be truly a discount. It overstates the actual extent of price fall for that unit.