Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Katong Regency (Former Lion City Hotel) D14 By UOL

I can understand that they cut cost by laying homogenous tiles and not so good quality fittings and finishes during down time i.e. 2003-2005 when psf is $750 in district 15. But not now when they are selling $1600-2000 not even marble flooring, really outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by amk
    Hmmm my info a bit diff leh... I heard 2bd above have marble already. Also got given fridge and washer cum dryer.

Official price not fixed yet. The range is given to test market only. UOL also wants to see how the Bishan one turns out.

Real vvip is for exowner and staff.
    Yes, 2bd and above got marble...but not nice color. I think so far Seletar Residence looks best among all showroom

I thought it will be all marbles. 1 bedder buyers will be ripped off.

Quote Originally Posted by HCJH
    Yes, Sky Habitat's pricing is making them hopping now.
    Isn't it ironic that the government, through Temasek Holdings, owns close to 40% of the shares (as indicated in CL's Summary Annual Report 2011)?

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Isn't it ironic that the government, through Temasek Holdings, owns close to 40% of the shares (as indicated in CL's Summary Annual Report 2011)?
    I wonder what Temasek does with the profit it earns, other than returning some miserable interest to CPF.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Mall going to be Indonesian domestic worker hangout.
    Good what! The rich Indos buy the units above and the poor Indos crowd the shopping mall... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Good what! The rich Indos buy the units above and the poor Indos crowd the shopping mall... Lol
    If that's the case you have bees flocking to honey too. Check out city plaza.

Quote Originally Posted by HCJH
    I can understand that they cut cost by laying homogenous tiles and not so good quality fittings and finishes during down time i.e. 2003-2005 when psf is $750 in district 15. But not now when they are selling $1600-2000 not even marble flooring, really outrageous.
    It's much lower than $750, probably $600 psf and below for FH

I am not sure where you guys got the information from but I think they use Bedok Residences as model - same only penthouses got marble flooring and using ERA as marketing agents.

I do not get all these info from agents.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    It's much lower than $750, probably $600 psf and below for FH
    Wow, you got better deal than me. Yes, those are the good days not so long ago...and looks like opportunity is coming back again soon

UOL Group's mixed-use Katong Regency in Tanjong Katong Road will be pushed out by the end of this month.

UOL Group president (property) Liam Wee Sin told The Straits Times that prices of the 244 units at Katong Regency on the former Lion City Hotel site will average $1,500 to $1,600 per sq ft (psf).

More than half of the units at freehold Katong Regency are smaller one-bedders or one-plus-study units starting from 549 sq ft. These will be priced at about $1,800 psf, while larger units will list at about $1,400 psf. This means one-bedders at the project will go for about $1 million upwards, two-bedders at $1.3 million to $1.4 million while three-bedders will be sold at about $1.9 million.

'To some extent, the smaller units will target investors and also young couples... The key value proposition of this development is its centrality, connectivity and the growth potential of Paya Lebar hub,' Mr Liam said.

UOL's Mr Liam said he does not think further cooling measures are needed despite the strong sales of new homes. While volumes are up, the measures have had their intended effect with prices showing signs of slowing, he added.

He expects suburban prices to be stable while high-end home values might dip by 5 per cent to 10 per cent this year.

The redevelopment of the mixed-use site UOL acquired in January last year will see Katong Regency built on top of a new mall, One KM.

The mall, which has signed Cold Storage as an anchor tenant, will have up to 200 shops and be positioned as an edutainment centre.

Well, hope he keeps his words.

FH, MRT and Mall and at city fringe. Think the studios/1rm will be a sell out at 1800pfs $1m. Higher floors probably close to 2000pfs then.With some freebies thrown in, people maybe queuing for this.

SH at Bishan, the 1 roomer is much bigger, may do less well at similar pfs.
    But excellent location and environment if one doesn't mind the HDB in the vicinity.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2
    FH, MRT and Mall and at city fringe. Think the studios/1rm will be a sell out at 1800pfs $1m. Higher floors probably close to 2000pfs then.With some freebies thrown in, people maybe queuing for this.

But excellent location and environment if one doesn't mind the HDB in the vicinity.
    Way way too ex for Butterworth area...

1800psf? Might as well get citylights
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1800psf? Might as well get citylights
    Simply ridiculous... what kind of crowd they expecting to catch with that mall?
    Sell what? Prepaid cards?

If you been to Butterworth area... also lot of PRC and Pinoy tenants... some Malaysian I think...

Maybe open full of FOS???

How is this gonna be better than those at future PLB hub?

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

(SINGAPORE) UOL Group has trumped five other contenders to bag the Lion City Hotel and adjoining former Hollywood Theatre site for $313 million.

The unit land price for the Tanjong Katong-Geylang Road area properties, with a total freehold land area of 147,909 square feet, works out to $779 per square foot (psf) of potential gross floor area inclusive of estimated development charges of $77.8 million, assuming UOL embarks on a mixed commercial and residential project with an average plot ratio of 3.39.

Based on an alternative scheme for a residential project with commercial space on the first storey with a 3.0 plot ratio, the unit land price would work out to about $871 psf per plot ratio.

The property was sold through a tender exercise which closed yesterday, attracting strong interest from six major developers, said Landmark Property Advisers and Knight Frank, which handled the sale.

UOL noted that the property is near the existing Paya Lebar MRT interchange station for the East-West and Circle lines. 'Based on the current allowable development options, the property may be redeveloped as a commercial-cum-residential development. The company will continue to assess the current allowable development options and other factors to determine the final development scheme for the property.'

Given its location, the future redevelopment of the property is expected to benefit from the nearby Paya Lebar Central commercial hub planned by the Urban Redevelopment Authority, UOL said. Lion City Hotel and the former Hollywood Theatre are being sold by the family of the late property magnate Wee Thiam Siew. The hotel was built in 1968 and the Wee family has been operating it.

The theatre stopped screening films in the 1990s and is today home to a food centre and a Sheng Siong supermarket.

In November, Shaw Brothers sold the former Singapura Theatre site at No 55 Changi Road to a consortium that includes Roxy-Pacific and Macly Capital for $44.9 million.

In the same month, Far East Organization bought Paramount Hotel and Shopping Centre along East Coast Road for $214 million. Far East is expected to keep the freehold asset as an investment property for recurring income although refurbishment is likely to be on the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Simply ridiculous... what kind of crowd they expecting to catch with that mall?
    Sell what? Prepaid cards?

If you been to Butterworth area... also lot of PRC and Pinoy tenants... some Malaysian I think...

Maybe open full of FOS???

How is this gonna be better than those at future PLB hub?
    I read earlier that they planned to have a child-themed mall just like Novena Sq. Then today, ST said edutainment...I thought child-theme was ok 'coz it brings along a certain profile of traffic. Edutainment I am not so sure. Sounds like anything also can now.

Quote Originally Posted by ekl2ekl2

I agree KR 1 bedders may be a sellout within few weeks at 1mil. Not sure about bishan though. All they have is junction 8, and a well known designer who did MBS.

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I read earlier that they planned to have a child-themed mall just like Novena Sq. Then today, ST said edutainment...I thought child-theme was ok 'coz it brings along a certain profile of traffic. Edutainment I am not so sure. Sounds like anything also can now.
    Means full of tuition centres lor... like Roxy Sq... so here you cater to the study mom's staying in Butterworth area with their precious only sons with dad working hard back home in mainland...

Ha ha ha All of us really know this area very well! All living in the same province.

But they have good family size 3 bedrm 1389psf although the balcony looks kind of too big. The common bedrm seems able to fit in queen size bed from the floor plan unlike a lot of recent projects that can only have a single bed in the room, bay windows and planters.

The Paya Lebar business hub may not be as grand as it is made out to be. To me it is just a few commercial buildings (some already existing). However the psf seems to be climbing very fast for that area and it will mean steep rental. Are there any outstanding factors here to differentiate this from other business hubs, such that it can draw high value-add companies that can brave the high rentals?

A ministry will be moving there.
    Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The Paya Lebar business hub may not be as grand as it is made out to be. To me it is just a few commercial buildings (some already existing). However the psf seems to be climbing very fast for that area and it will mean steep rental. Are there any outstanding factors here to differentiate this from other business hubs, such that it can draw high value-add companies that can brave the high rentals?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    A ministry will be moving there.
    This is new info to me... Thx.

Understand that it will take over the site where the low-rise industrial park that housed all the car workshops. Do check first.
    This is new info to me... Thx.

I googled around and found this article http://blog.iproperty.com.sg/paya-le...ts-a-facelift/ If I'm not wrong you are referring to WDA CET. This will not be a major boost to the area. This is unlike what HDB had lifted up the old Bukit Merah (now a very quiet place) and now Toa Payoh (now an even more bustling place). Correct me if I'm wrong.

I googled around and found this article http://blog.iproperty.com.sg/paya-le...ts-a-facelift/ If I'm not wrong you are referring to WDA CET. This will not be a major boost to the area. This is unlike what HDB had lifted up the old Bukit Merah (now a very quiet place) and now Toa Payoh (now an even more bustling place). Correct me if I'm wrong.
    TPY has the added push by property firms offices, property conveyancing legal firms and other ancillary services being located in HDB Hub or nearby buildings...

Precisely. This is e type of agency tt will cause e area to boom. CET will not.

It will be a challenge to transform the area; not with Tanjong Katong Complex and City Plaza as they are today. Throw in Grandlink into the mix and you get the idea. imo these 3 complexes need to be rejuvenated as they are sitting on plots of real estate that can make or break any plans.

Integrated development near MRT is hot ... this one must sell 30% higher than Bedok given its freehold status Alas it does not have tunnel to MRT

http://katongregencyz.com/gallery/

Looks impressive, the name of the mall One KM also is creative
    Ride at your own risk !!!