Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HDB to launch bumper crop of 8,000 flats: Khaw

Default HDB to launch bumper crop of 8,000 flats: Khaw

By Tay Suan Chiang
    The Housing Board will be launching a bumper crop of 8,000 flats on Wednesday through a joint Build-to-Order (BTO) and Sale of Balance Flats exercise. These flats are located in mature and non-mature estates, such as in Bukit Timah, Bedok and Clementi, and cover the full range of flat types.

'With the wide range of flats offered, flat buyers will be able to apply for one that best meets their needs, and in an estate of their choice,' said National Development Minister Khaw Boon Wan in his latest blog post.

He expects strong demand for the completed/near completed flats and flats in mature estates. Those who want to have a better chance of success should widen their choice and consider applying for a BTO flat in the non-mature estates, he added.

The results of the launch will help HDB calibrate the BTO rules for future launches, to ensure that the policy objectives are met. 'Our priority remains to help first-timers get their first HDB flat as quickly as possible, so that they can proceed to start their family,' said the minister.

Earlier this month, he announced in Parliament new measures to help various groups of home buyers.

They include tripling the BTO chance for second-timers in non-mature estates, enhancing the Married Child Priority Scheme and introducing a new Multi-Generation Priority Scheme to help married children live with or near their parents, as well as introducing an Ageing-in-Place Priority Scheme and a Silver Housing Bonus Scheme to help the elderly right-size and age in a familiar environment.

8000 is a lot...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

he anyhow show hand like that and later price dun come down... market wins again then how...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    he anyhow show hand like that and later price dun come down... market wins again then how...
    if that happen, launch 80k hdb loh, dig into our reserve to build 80k units and stress the construction sectors

Wah, if the construction sector ramp up capacity, they'll probably be faced with overcapacity later.

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    later sure crash big big....dun worry

all the 2nd timers nid to sell their current flat within 6mths when new bto flats TOP

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    They include tripling the BTO chance for second-timers in non-mature estates, enhancing the Married Child Priority Scheme and introducing a new Multi-Generation Priority Scheme to help married children live with or near their parents, as well as introducing an Ageing-in-Place Priority Scheme and a Silver Housing Bonus Scheme to help the elderly right-size and age in a familiar environment.
    last time i tink isit bro fclim tat mentioned abt 2nd timer will potentially crash the market? i dun believe so.....

but NOW CONFIRM LIAO!

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    if that happen, launch 80k hdb loh, dig into our reserve to build 80k units and stress the construction sectors
    Its actually the govt's own doing lah.. stop selling land parcel through bidding alone... go for value addedness to the buyers from the developers... in that way, developers will not bid high high only to sell high high lor...

bottomline...public housing is a big mess....

Will we see only 50% take up rate for BTO this time?

That guy is amazing. Totally FLOODING the market with BTO. It's probably carefully calculated. Whatever is not taken up.....they will keep and rent out to FT and later sell off when there's demand again. This will also keep the prices of resales in check. Now Singaporeans are having less and less excuses to complain. MIW are taking away the excuses one by one.

When there's enough excess flats, they will announce no more subletting of HDB flats. And voila MIW will become the "new" owners of the golden goose HDB rental market. They will be the ones collecting rents from HDB flats.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    That guy is amazing. Totally FLOODING the market with BTO. It's probably carefully calculated. Whatever is not taken up.....they will keep and rent out to FT and later sell off when there's demand again. This will also keep the prices of resales in check. Now Singaporeans are having less and less excuses to complain. MIW are taking away the excuses one by one.

When there's enough excess flats, they will announce no more subletting of HDB flats. And voila MIW will become the "new" owners of the golden goose HDB rental market. They will be the ones collecting rents from HDB flats.

Wah 8000... i just saw on HDB web... many good locations leh! i love the 1 next to Macpherson MRT!!! Why am i not married?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Wah 8000... i just saw on HDB web... many good locations leh! i love the 1 next to Macpherson MRT!!! Why am i not married?
    Yes, that's a good location.

i tot your income + your potential partner income will exceed liao... married liao also not use.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    i tot your income + your potential partner income will exceed liao... married liao also not use.
    marry a housewife lor... after buying the HDB then ask wife to work... Lol!

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Will we see only 50% take up rate for BTO this time?
    Very unlikely lah, it is already 90% application rate today.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    thats why ma otherwise i'll be

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    marry a housewife lor... after buying the HDB then ask wife to work... Lol!
    Thats wat many working couples are doing. Wife takes a long leave from work, then find a job again after applying HDB. or go take a post graduate course degree lor

Thats wat many working couples are doing. Wife takes a long leave from work, then find a job again after applying HDB. or go take a post graduate course degree lor
    Dun make any sense.....

Shdnt waste time......youth is super precious.....just bcoz of bto flat of profit 200-300k in 8yrs time, u forgo 1-2yrs of youth?

High earner still complain? Shd grow ur money asap and huat huat argh

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Dun make any sense.....

Shdnt waste time......youth is super precious.....just bcoz of bto flat of profit 200-300k in 8yrs time, u forgo 1-2yrs of youth?

High earner still complain? Shd grow ur money asap and huat huat argh
    Haha, thats wat my boss told me.

Dont forsake ur $$ just to "earn" government's 30k CPF grant for EC. Get stuck for 8 years bo hua

How about BTO at Clementi? Wow, Clementi 4 room flat is about $400k+, nowadays HDB new flat also so expensive er?

Must also take reference from next door's DBSS ma.

Is this the unofficial Cooling Measure Round 6

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    How about BTO at Clementi? Wow, Clementi 4 room flat is about $400k+, nowadays HDB new flat also so expensive er?
    450k can buy a 506sqft 1 bedroom unit at palm isle. Hee hee....

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

youngists literally want free hdb, so they can flip it to upgrade to private.if impose 30years mop, then i dont mind government subsidising more for bto.

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    but can sell potentially 700k++ after MOP hor

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop

u shd visit ripple....the landscaping looks good....the lift lobby is 3 storey high machiam so atas....lol

u shd visit ripple....the landscaping looks good....the lift lobby is 3 storey high machiam so atas....lol
    Anyway not enough vitamin M to pay 6%-5400 to MIW....

bro u went showflat yesterday?