Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Singapore Billion dollar project.

You know the difference between protesting at hong lim n writing in forum? When I post in forum, many can enjoy reading my posts over a prolonged period of time. When I protest at hong lim, only people who go down to hong lim get to listen. Welcome to the Internet if you don't already know its usefulness.

Quote Originally Posted by 081828 View Post
    Do us a favour. Don't just be a keyboard warrior. Organise a protest at hong lim park. See u there.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrickstar View Post
    You know the difference between protesting at hong lim n writing in forum? When I post in forum, many can enjoy reading my posts over a prolonged period of time. When I protest at hong lim, only people who go down to hong lim get to listen. Welcome to the Internet if you don't already know its usefulness.
    Actually you can consider doing both - protest at hong lim and post in forum. That way you corner all parties. After you get enough popularity, then you can join or form a new opposition and if majority believe in you then you can form a govt and take whoever at fault to task.

40+% of our population who are against govt policy have to become govt to voice grievances against wrong policies? Is the parliament big enough to accommodate more than a million singaporeans? Before you post anything, please think

Quote Originally Posted by Learner View Post
    Actually you can consider doing both - protest at hong lim and post in forum. That way you corner all parties. After you get enough popularity, then you can join or form a new opposition and if majority believe in you then you can form a govt and take whoever at fault to task.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtrbGWixRQ

We need the GREEK type of government, property price will be very cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZc6oD0WfW8

Disagreed. Greek properties? Will u buy? Properties which are cheap n cant even appreciate are wasting our time.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWtrbGWixRQ

We need the GREEK type of government, property price will be very cheap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZc6oD0WfW8

I suggest you to be a politician, show us your mighty knowledge and capability as an unbiased political leader. Then educate all of us here in this forum and influence all of us. And you will gain my respect. In fact, you should already do so back in 2010 to be serious about this matter and not until 2014.

If not, venting all your frustrations over here in this forum and lecturing every one of us in this forum does not earn any respect from me.

As said in my initial comment and repeated for the fourth time in case if you missed it earlier, $200million overbudgeting for YOG was not something every Singaporeans including myself are happy about it. It's a hard pain. I think govt should spend more instead on Singaporeans to lighten our burden in medical, education, COE and housing of course.

Why i choose on is because i am just an average Singaporean who is happy that i am a Singaporean but i know politics is not my cup of tea and such matter is not within my locus of control or focus.

Please do not twist my words anyhow just because i choose to move on and you want to prove me wrong or ignorance. We should learn to respect each other.

I am surprised at your nonchalant attitude towards the $200+ million blown away unless you are a foreigner of course. This forum has morphed into a forum for all sorts of conversation be it property or politics in case you don't know that. To have you posting the message implicitly or explicitly that it is ok for govt to blow away $200 million of our money n we should just move on is a dangerous way of thinking n insinuating the wrong values of citizenship. Firstly, the minister has admitted to spending over the budget and you choose to accept that and move on? To be reasonable, overspending by a few million can be stomached, but $200+million and your message is to just forget it and move on? My purpose of flagging this issue up is to let you know that it is not forgotten n justice has not been done. I dread to think what the country would become if everyone thinks that it is ok for ministers to just blow hundreds of millions of dollars of people's money and just be allowed move on without any accountability. By the way, the article on ministerial responsibility is fundamental to common law countries like Singapore that adopt the Westminster style of government, your nonchalance to that or your lack of knowledge simply shows your ignorance.

40+% of our population who are against govt policy have to become govt to voice grievances against wrong policies? Is the parliament big enough to accommodate more than a million singaporeans? Before you post anything, please think
    Did I say 40+% of population to become govt? Before you reply, please read

You were suggesting that only those in govt can voice displeasure against ministerial action, so wouldn't it be the case that you are also suggesting the same thing to 40% of singaporean voters (numbering to 1 million+) who voice displeasure against govt n choose to vote for opposition? So I ask you whether there are that many seats in parliament to house one million over dissenters who wish to voice displeasure against govt policies. Didn't realise I need to spell things out so clearly to you before you get it

Did I say 40+% of population to become govt? Before you reply, please read

Why does one need to be politician to discuss politics and voice dissent? By the mere fact that we are citizens of a country with voting rights, we are already political beings that have every right to question govt decisions. You going to argue this is not the right place? Go and read through most of the threads in this forum, almost everyone is discussing politics here in some form or another, even talking about property cooling measures involve politics. You not happy with politics then you may want to find yourself a no man's land to live.

Quote Originally Posted by Royston8H View Post
    I suggest you to be a politician, show us your mighty knowledge and capability as an unbiased political leader. Then educate all of us here in this forum and influence all of us. And you will gain my respect. In fact, you should already do so back in 2010 to be serious about this matter and not until 2014.

If not, venting all your frustrations over here in this forum and lecturing every one of us in this forum does not earn any respect from me.

As said in my initial comment and repeated for the fourth time in case if you missed it earlier, $200million overbudgeting for YOG was not something every Singaporeans including myself are happy about it. It's a hard pain. I think govt should spend more instead on Singaporeans to lighten our burden in medical, education, COE and housing of course.

Why i choose on is because i am just an average Singaporean who is happy that i am a Singaporean but i know politics is not my cup of tea and such matter is not within my locus of control or focus.

Please do not twist my words anyhow just because i choose to move on and you want to prove me wrong or ignorance. We should learn to respect each other.

You were suggesting that only those in govt can voice displeasure against ministerial action, so wouldn't it be the case that you are also suggesting the same thing to 40% of singaporean voters (numbering to 1 million+) who voice displeasure against govt n choose to vote for opposition? So I ask you whether there are that many seats in parliament to house one million over dissenters who wish to voice displeasure against govt policies. Didn't realise I need to spell things out so clearly to you before you get it
    My my.... Did I suggest that only those in govt can voice displeasure? Didn't I suggest that you can voice displeasure at Hong Lim and forum?

You put words into my mouth and all the wrong ones too.

Didn't realize I need to explain it so clearly to you and maybe you still don't get it

Anyway you win ok? You are the best. My time better spent elsewhere

Think you have really short term memory. Go n read your own post below. You suggesting ordinary folks have no right to take ministers to task n have to form govt first? What rubbish are you insinuating here, please clarify.

It is because a politician can make decisions and harness views/votes national wide and not just this forum while a voter just simply vote. It's your right to voice dissent and vote what you think it is correct. I did'nt say you can't. What i said before is, dont just call people ignorance and lack of knowledge if you wish to influence him/her.

If you choose to influence or convince me, then be a politician and not just a voter or what others in this thread say being a keyboard warrior. I like this term "keyboard warrior", that's pretty innovative.

But please do not twist my words again. I already said i am happy to be a Singaporean and to live in Singapore happily. Politics is not my cup of tea does not mean that i am/not happy with politics and have to live in no man land.

Why does one need to be politician to discuss politics and voice dissent? By the mere fact that we are citizens of a country with voting rights, we are already political beings that have every right to question govt decisions. You going to argue this is not the right place? Go and read through most of the threads in this forum, almost everyone is discussing politics here in some form or another, even talking about property cooling measures involve politics. You not happy with politics then you may want to find yourself a no man's land to live.

How am I xenophobic? Anything wrong in saying that foreigners won't care about our govt losing our nation's money more than singaporeans?

Frankly wat do foreigners have to do with this blame thing SINGAPOREAN like to blame. Next is bring in Foreigners to blame. What next race?

Anyway u didn't say foreigners don't care. U just assume anyone who don't agrees with ur narrow view as being foreigners. That's XENOPHOBIC.
    Last edited by minority; 23rd February 2014 at 11:59 PM.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

Why not u go tatto it on ur back . Everyone can read if off line an online.? And it will there forever too.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

If you travel to japan for a holiday and hear people talking about abe overspending their national budget on hosting a world conference, this piece of news going to spoil your holiday? Likewise, why would foreigners care about us overspending on yog?

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    Frankly wat do foreigners have to do with this blame thing SINGAPOREAN like to blame. Next is bring in Foreigners to blame. What next race?

Anyway u didn't say foreigners don't care. U just assume anyone who don't agrees with ur narrow view as being foreigners. That's XENOPHOBIC.

If you travel to japan for a holiday and hear people talking about abe overspending their national budget on hosting a world conference, this piece of news going to spoil your holiday? Likewise, why would foreigners care about us overspending on yog?
    sure.. but we are talking abt it here in singapore. So what do accusing people who don't agree with u as being foreigner help with ur justification ? U are missing it way of point.

So like u say. every olympics in the world is waste of $. So why are all the countries fighting to host it? u mean so many carrots?

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

If people are nonchalant to $200 million of singaporeans' money being blown away, they could well be foreigners, just as singaporeans are not bothered about internal politics of other countries that don't affect us.

Many countries are fighting to host the Olympics, not Youth Olympics, get that right. As mentioned, the youth Olympics isn't worth $300 million of our monies, high estimate was just $90 million. Nobody told sg to spend $300 million but our govt chose to, turning singapore into a giant carrothead

Quote Originally Posted by minority View Post
    sure.. but we are talking abt it here in singapore. So what do accusing people who don't agree with u as being foreigner help with ur justification ? U are missing it way of point.

So like u say. every olympics in the world is waste of $. So why are all the countries fighting to host it? u mean so many carrots?

If people are nonchalant to $200 million of singaporeans' money being blown away, they could well be foreigners, just as singaporeans are not bothered about internal politics of other countries that don't affect us.
    Why can't Singaporeans be nonchalant about this?
    Why can't Singaporeans be not bothered about this?
    Why not?

From my understanding, only 12% of tax residents pay 80% of tax in YA 2012. Going by 80-20 rule, only 12 out of 100 folks would be concerned. Also, if the Budget 2014 is a guide, income tax is only 13.4% of the total income.

So, it is not surprising to me at all that 88% of the population is apathy of how much wastage there is, as long as the wastage is not charged to me... of course, this is just my opinion....

Sources:
    http://tinyurl.com/lluhatc
    http://tinyurl.com/k5x9cwu

If only 12% are paying 88% of taxes then who is to be blamed for majority of workers who can't meet the minimum taxable threshold? Depressed wages n refusal to have some form of wage protection for workers are issues you also need to consider. People can understand why majority of the people are not paying taxes not that they are nonchalant about it. There are broader issues to tackle when dealing with labour n wages that ultimately affects taxes govt collect. In any case other forms of taxes n revenue streams like gst, stamp duties from pty, erp etc are meant to make up for loss of taxes in other areas.

The $300 million down the drain for yog is a very different issue here. The decision to spend that money has totally nothing to do with the micro economic factors in the country. Even totally doing without yog does not disadvantage us in any way nor does it increase our global economic advantage in any way. For something that we can do without 100%, it pains me to see our nation's money being squandered in this manner. It is totally warped logic from some forumers who say that just because we can afford to lose that money, therefore it is alright for the minister involved to make that mistake and let him move on.

Quote Originally Posted by limfc View Post
    Why can't Singaporeans be nonchalant about this?
    Why can't Singaporeans be not bothered about this?
    Why not?

From my understanding, only 12% of tax residents pay 80% of tax in YA 2012. Going by 80-20 rule, only 12 out of 100 folks would be concerned. Also, if the Budget 2014 is a guide, income tax is only 13.4% of the total income.

So, it is not surprising to me at all that 88% of the population is apathy of how much wastage there is, as long as the wastage is not charged to me... of course, this is just my opinion....

Sources:
    http://tinyurl.com/lluhatc
    http://tinyurl.com/k5x9cwu

If only 12% are paying 88% of taxes then who is to be blamed for majority of workers who can't meet the minimum taxable threshold? Depressed wages n refusal to have some form of wage protection for workers are issues you also need to consider. People can understand why majority of the people are not paying taxes not that they are nonchalant about it. There are broader issues to tackle when dealing with labour n wages that ultimately affects taxes govt collect. In any case other forms of taxes n revenue streams like gst, stamp duties from pty, erp etc are meant to make up for loss of taxes in other areas.

The $300 million down the drain for yog is a very different issue here. The decision to spend that money has totally nothing to do with the micro economic factors in the country. Even totally doing without yog does not disadvantage us in any way nor does it increase our global economic advantage in any way. For something that we can do without 100%, it pains me to see our nation's money being squandered in this manner. It is totally warped logic from some forumers who say that just because we can afford to lose that money, therefore it is alright for the minister involved to make that mistake and let him move on.

How broken can your weak argument be. because 12% paying 88% of tax means under paid? LOL!!!!

if 80% is paying 12% of tax see how many people will cry.

Serious Chea Mea! Complain for sake of complain!

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast