Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: The Woods

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    For landed usually most would prefer FH unless it is located at prestigious location.
    The gap is still more that half a mil if I only look at D23. In any case, I always think that the property price will auto adjust by itself if there is a gap. So if the FH increase, the LH should also increase.

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    just heard from agent that there are 22 units left, not sure how true ....seems like selling quite ok now compared to that time when i first visited the showroom in Apr.

  3. #23

    Default

    Last heard 14 units left ... Townhouse may be rare next time given the change in government regulation.

    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    just heard from agent that there are 22 units left, not sure how true ....seems like selling quite ok now compared to that time when i first visited the showroom in Apr.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Garagoo
    Last heard 14 units left ... Townhouse may be rare next time given the change in government regulation.
    project in the west are not as hot as those in the east or north east...but i'm believing that this project will be worth much more than its value now due to the upcoming development in the vicinity. The cleantech park, NTU, JLD....

    one and only in the west.

    u comparing to the nearby Summerdale Condo Penthouse costing about 1.4mil (>10yrs) or 1.5mil for a 1500sqft unit at Lakeholmz. both are just 5min bus ride away so this with 4000sqft at 1.9mil is really value for money... no need to compare to the new caspian or lakefront...

    for own stay, i think quite obvious but for investment, then ppl got diff perception.

  5. #25

    Default

    Some older news here:
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...04-220157.html
    http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-homes/a/60044

    It means that in few years down the road, there won't be any more landed with communal facilities. Furthermore, URA Land sales planning for 2012 has shown that there is no land release for Landed housing anymore. Therefore, it is true that they are probably now undervalued and should be a good investment for the future. This project is perhaps a rare gem given the potential of JLD and Cleantech.

    Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    project in the west are not as hot as those in the east or north east...but i'm believing that this project will be worth much more than its value now due to the upcoming development in the vicinity. The cleantech park, NTU, JLD....

    one and only in the west.

    u comparing to the nearby Summerdale Condo Penthouse costing about 1.4mil (>10yrs) or 1.5mil for a 1500sqft unit at Lakeholmz. both are just 5min bus ride away so this with 4000sqft at 1.9mil is really value for money... no need to compare to the new caspian or lakefront...

    for own stay, i think quite obvious but for investment, then ppl got diff perception.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    just to give an update on this dev, heard that it has been sold out...

  7. #27

    Default

    Forward 5 years from then.

    Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.

  8. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

    Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

    Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

    Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.

    Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Forward 5 years from then.

    Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

  9. #29

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

    Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

    Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

    Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.
    Thanks for the insight.

    Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

    Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,749

    Default

    You will have to balance against things like its condition and other risk factors.

    Five or ten years later, its lease is shorter, it will be 5 to 10 years old and not so pristine. So even if same price as today, you might not be able to gain from the difference.

    Another risk is the economy might be doing very well then. Or interest rate is high but demand also high.

    These are factors you need to consider.



    Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Thanks for the insight.

    Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

    Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •