Thread: The Woods

Default The Woods

What's your opinion on this development? Looking at the Westwood area for 99-LH projects, there are only 3 such Landed projects. The Westville & Westwood park which are more than 10 yrs old, condition are pretty bad for some. Most are going for 1.3 ~ 1.6mil depending on size...So The Woods looks attractive for 1.9mil, provided you don't mind the strata title and not going to change anything on the building.

anyone bought?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    What's your opinion on this development? Looking at the Westwood area for 99-LH projects, there are only 3 such Landed projects. The Westville & Westwood park which are more than 10 yrs old, condition are pretty bad for some. Most are going for 1.3 ~ 1.6mil depending on size...So The Woods looks attractive for 1.9mil, provided you don't mind the strata title and not going to change anything on the building.

anyone bought?
    I believe The Woods is a cluster housing, not really a landed one compared to the existing surrounding landed rows of ppty.. I think corner units for those >10yrs old ones are around $1.5-1.6m.... I'm not keen on cluster in the first place, prefer a real landed ppty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    I believe The Woods is a cluster housing, not really a landed one compared to the existing surrounding landed rows of ppty.. I think corner units for those >10yrs old ones are around $1.5-1.6m.... I'm not keen on cluster in the first place, prefer a real landed ppty.

i doubt you can get a decent one with 1.5-1.6mil corner unit. probably need another 100k+ to reno and then it becomes, 1.7-1.8mil with only 86yrs left on the lease? and considering if you are not going to tear down here and there, or make changes to the structure or building, would it make a diff on the title as landed or cluster housing, still 99-LH?

probably voice down to personal preference rather than which one is more "valued"...

Went to showroom during initial launch.

My observation:

Pro:
    cluster landed with security guard
    Gym
    Swimming pool (err should I call it play pool as it's so so small)
    Club house
    New (as compare with nearby landed)
    Squarish layout
    Nice big garage at basement

Con:
    Rooms, living rooms, kitchen etc all MM size
    Units too near to each other
    Washing at level 4 as backyard is extremely small (not even qualify to call it A backyard) to hang clothings
    Transportation can be a concern
    Directly under the SAF airforce flight path

After viewing, no action taken.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Btw, for some strange reasons, the woods was advertise as

The W oods
    (noticed a spacing in between woods?)

Dun't understand why till today.
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

i doubt you can get a decent one with 1.5-1.6mil corner unit. probably need another 100k+ to reno and then it becomes, 1.7-1.8mil with only 86yrs left on the lease? and considering if you are not going to tear down here and there, or make changes to the structure or building, would it make a diff on the title as landed or cluster housing, still 99-LH?

probably voice down to personal preference rather than which one is more "valued"...
    the intermediate units should go for about $1.2-1.3m which then compare to $1.9m for Woods (intermediate unit as well)... i go for the older one if i die die need to make a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeu
    the intermediate units should go for about $1.2-1.3m which then compare to $1.9m for Woods (intermediate unit as well)... i go for the older one if i die die need to make a choice.
    i went scouting for quite a while and realise that a lot of sellers are testing water...most advert for 1.3+ but condition u might have to think twice, especially all the reno, roofing and water proofing that u might need to do. decent one are all 1.45 - 1.8mil...if u have been viewing and checking out propertyguru, u will know what i mean.

actually the whole of jurong west/east is under the flight path, and looking at LH99 projects, not much choice in this area. too bad this is where im looking at. FH is out of reach...

Default Tempted

When I saw it I was really tempted. I liked it a lot and I feel pricing ok for own stay.

I also saw Greenwood Mews and liked it. Somehow like the pool in front my house, facing neighbours and can chat with them while kids play in pool.

Maybe I'm just ready for landed so my opinion is biased.

Cheers.

anyone bought?

i went scouting for quite a while and realise that a lot of sellers are testing water...most advert for 1.3+ but condition u might have to think twice, especially all the reno, roofing and water proofing that u might need to do. decent one are all 1.45 - 1.8mil...if u have been viewing and checking out propertyguru, u will know what i mean.

actually the whole of jurong west/east is under the flight path, and looking at LH99 projects, not much choice in this area. too bad this is where im looking at. FH is out of reach...
    My cousin is staying at one of the corner units, so she was updating me on the prices there...

Quote Originally Posted by tericia
    When I saw it I was really tempted. I liked it a lot and I feel pricing ok for own stay.

I also saw Greenwood Mews and liked it. Somehow like the pool in front my house, facing neighbours and can chat with them while kids play in pool.

Maybe I'm just ready for landed so my opinion is biased.

Cheers.
    Greenwood Mews is nice of course but with that price, you can have two The Woods side by side

I also find the pricing for The Woods is quite alright comparing to the rest of the same category (not to mentioned about location).
    And when you compared to Condo nearby which is almost 1.2mil for 1300+ sqft, you will find paying 1.9mil for 4000sqft worthwhile for the same LH99.

The Woods - Too many units (93) on small plot of land. Front porch/yard of each house is so close to the one opposite; feels like the air circulation will be lousy. Also the back wall is like 2m away from the neighbour's back wall.

Westville and Westwood Park are really undervalued at 1.3m-1.5m (terrace) and 1.5-1.8m (corner and semi-d). Talk a walk around and you can see most units are nicely renovated and still in great condition. See how far apart the front of the houses are from each other, compared to The Woods.

Also heard from the Woods marketing agents on site that monthly maintenance is around $500. In contrast you don't have to pay maintenance for Westville or Westwood. Granted they are both more than 10 years old, but that also means the rooms are very generous in size. Huge master bedroom, etc.

In terms of location in that region, Corporation Drive is closer to MRT but in terms of finishing and quality, Westville is the best followed by Westwood Park. Have to wait and see for The Woods. I think the design is classy, but the main problem is having too many units too close to each other.

indeed the front of westville or westwood pk are not as close as The Woods. But for sure, the backyard is badly designed with little light as it is almost back to back with your neighbour. I have seen at least 7 units and westwood park seems better but too bad, these are all in range of 1.6~1.8mil. The owner could have renovated recently but sometimes, you just dont like and then u might have to spend another 100k to do it. and there is goes closer to 1.9 or 2mil...

for westville, they are closer to 1.3~1.5 but, condition can be very bad. there are some rows with drainage that run across your house in your back yard. imagine when there is a choke somewhere along the way, or rats problem....can't imagine.

then of course, there is no need for maintenance fees. But you might appreciate the 24hrs security that the woods provide, or the gym and swimming pool and also the 2 private carpk. go along the area and you will know what kind of carpk problem they are facing...

again, both got pros & cons and see if it suits your taste.

2 sold at 468psf 502psf in mar.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    2 sold at 468psf 502psf in mar.
    nice info..I heard they sold more in Apr, where u got this info? URA website only show 1 and is 484 psf le...

Unfortunately They are not rushing to sell...selling bit by bit...compare to those condo which sold 70-80% during prelaunch, too much diff...
    Last edited by lajia; 16-04-12 at 15:04.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

select "the woods"

nice info..I heard they sold more in Apr, where u got this info? URA website only show 1 and is 484 psf le...

Unfortunately They are not rushing to sell...selling bit by bit...compare to those condo which sold 70-80% during prelaunch, too much diff...

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    Oh thanks. But strangely, thought they have launch all? How come it says launched 60 in total, mar launch 10 but sold 2?? Hope u can enlighten...

coz they kelong. don't want to appear as though launched all yet so many unsold.

Oh thanks. But strangely, thought they have launch all? How come it says launched 60 in total, mar launch 10 but sold 2?? Hope u can enlighten...

Can I safely say that this is one of the most affordable development in the west area among new launches for terrace or cluster housing? 1.9mil for 4004 sft Think of committing soon, anyone bought? I'm buying to stay not for investment. But of couse if price increase 10 yrs later I would not hesitate to sell either...

no one bought this? wonder how many units left...

no one bought this? wonder how many units left...
    For landed usually most would prefer FH unless it is located at prestigious location.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    For landed usually most would prefer FH unless it is located at prestigious location.
    The gap is still more that half a mil if I only look at D23. In any case, I always think that the property price will auto adjust by itself if there is a gap. So if the FH increase, the LH should also increase.

just heard from agent that there are 22 units left, not sure how true ....seems like selling quite ok now compared to that time when i first visited the showroom in Apr.

Last heard 14 units left ... Townhouse may be rare next time given the change in government regulation.

just heard from agent that there are 22 units left, not sure how true ....seems like selling quite ok now compared to that time when i first visited the showroom in Apr.

Quote Originally Posted by Garagoo
    Last heard 14 units left ... Townhouse may be rare next time given the change in government regulation.
    project in the west are not as hot as those in the east or north east...but i'm believing that this project will be worth much more than its value now due to the upcoming development in the vicinity. The cleantech park, NTU, JLD....

one and only in the west.

u comparing to the nearby Summerdale Condo Penthouse costing about 1.4mil (>10yrs) or 1.5mil for a 1500sqft unit at Lakeholmz. both are just 5min bus ride away so this with 4000sqft at 1.9mil is really value for money... no need to compare to the new caspian or lakefront...

for own stay, i think quite obvious but for investment, then ppl got diff perception.

Some older news here:
    http://business.asiaone.com/Business...04-220157.html
    http://www.stproperty.sg/articles-pr...-homes/a/60044

It means that in few years down the road, there won't be any more landed with communal facilities. Furthermore, URA Land sales planning for 2012 has shown that there is no land release for Landed housing anymore. Therefore, it is true that they are probably now undervalued and should be a good investment for the future. This project is perhaps a rare gem given the potential of JLD and Cleantech.

project in the west are not as hot as those in the east or north east...but i'm believing that this project will be worth much more than its value now due to the upcoming development in the vicinity. The cleantech park, NTU, JLD....

one and only in the west.

u comparing to the nearby Summerdale Condo Penthouse costing about 1.4mil (>10yrs) or 1.5mil for a 1500sqft unit at Lakeholmz. both are just 5min bus ride away so this with 4000sqft at 1.9mil is really value for money... no need to compare to the new caspian or lakefront...

for own stay, i think quite obvious but for investment, then ppl got diff perception.

just to give an update on this dev, heard that it has been sold out...

Forward 5 years from then.

Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.

Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.

Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Forward 5 years from then.

Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.
    Thanks for the insight.

Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.

You will have to balance against things like its condition and other risk factors.

Five or ten years later, its lease is shorter, it will be 5 to 10 years old and not so pristine. So even if same price as today, you might not be able to gain from the difference.

Another risk is the economy might be doing very well then. Or interest rate is high but demand also high.

These are factors you need to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Thanks for the insight.

Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.