Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 26 to 30 of 30

Thread: The Woods

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,295

    Default

    just to give an update on this dev, heard that it has been sold out...



  2. #27

    Default

    Forward 5 years from then.

    Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.



  3. #28
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,719

    Default

    Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

    Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

    Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

    Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.

    Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Forward 5 years from then.

    Looking at this development, seems like the last transaction for this development for a corner unit sold at S$1.8 m, which is a loss from purchase price. Any thoughts why the price isn't holding given that there are growth plans for Jurong Innovation District that is right next to this development.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.



  4. #29

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelonguni View Post
    Growth plans are still 10 years or more away from fruition.

    Since is 99 year LH, buyer better have holding power to last till then to gain?

    Generally for landed owners, I think the demand is stronger in the east?

    Also, a few losses here and there and a few gains here and there does not mean anything for the prices.
    Thanks for the insight.

    Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

    Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.



  5. #30
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,719

    Default

    You will have to balance against things like its condition and other risk factors.

    Five or ten years later, its lease is shorter, it will be 5 to 10 years old and not so pristine. So even if same price as today, you might not be able to gain from the difference.

    Another risk is the economy might be doing very well then. Or interest rate is high but demand also high.

    These are factors you need to consider.



    Quote Originally Posted by yvincent View Post
    Thanks for the insight.

    Was considering to get a unit there but was worried whether if this is an investment that will yield returns eventually.

    Given the current sentiments, it may be over priced at launch. Let's see how things go over the next 10 years.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

    Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.



Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •