Page 77 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4752576267727374757677787980 LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,310 of 2377

Thread: Sea Esta @ Pasir Ris - By Hoi Hup Sunway Pasir Ris Pte Ltd

we all support U

Any update?
    "Anyone who has not made a mistake has never tried anything new"

No updates except for I saw bro Sea Esta's facebook; he took the beautifully functioning water feature at the signage.

Quote Originally Posted by v_esta View Post
    No updates except for I saw bro Sea Esta's facebook; he took the beautifully functioning water feature at the signage.
    yap..saw it there too.

Btw, any sign of setup of barrier at guard house now?

As of 10 mins ago NO sign...THIS IS SERIOUSLY NOT acceptable even my daughter school got barrier at the gate...i parked my car outside about 10 mins and watched...guard BO-Chup....bangla worker walking in out like pasar malam.....ya they are genuine workers BUT IN FUTURE how bros this is going to be OUR BIG HOME....can we leave it like this...my answer is NO...i am going to email the developer...rest of you bros...please do like wise...
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

I emailed twice no response. I gave them the link to this forum and directed them to the relevant pages with out concerns. First time only to hoi hup sunway. Second time to all the hoi hup and sunway email addresses I can find on the Internet, including their data protection team email address and to malaysia sunway. We need to step up our approach because they are totally ignoring us. Please email them also or take it up with our lawyers.

Company Profile
    Established since 1983, Hoi Hup Realty Pte Ltd, a dynamic property developer who has since completed over 900 quality homes and currently has a pipeline of more than 500 private residential units at different stages of development. Our sell-out projects including The Ford @ Holland, Suites @ Cairnhill and Waterford Residence indicated that our developments were well-received by the market.

An eye for details and years of experience in the industry, our people have gained knowledge of the properties we develop. This knowledge enables us to increase our effectiveness and to deliver a high level of quality and innovative products to our home buyers.

Achieving high standards of building excellence has made us well-attuned to the changing needs of clients. We have also been awarded the Best Buildable Design Award 2007 Merit for De Royale Condominium from Building and Construction Authority. With a disciplined vision and a strong philosophy to develop properties that offer the highest level of style, functionality and innovation within prime and strategic locations, Hoi Hup’s dedication is matched by its commitment to exceptional workmanship and excellent value. Luxurious interiors and imaginative designs are the signature mark of all our developments. We, at Hoi Hup, are driven to innovate and set new standards as the niche developer that caters to a wide range of markets today and tomorrow.
    In the final analysis.....its NOT whether you have a diploma,degree,masters OR PHD....its whether you have a HDB/PC/EC or LANDED...

talk so nice simple thing like this can overlook....dunno what to say....after i read papers about pasir ris dbss one corridor issue dont know if reporter will feature SEA ESTA BARRIER ISSUE....

The barrier is for controlling vehicle entry but can't control people's entry. People walking in and out should be managed by the security guard and not the barrier. The question should then be whether you need a barrier to control vehicle's entry and exit. And what is the security concern for vehicle's unauthorised entry vs people's unauthorised entry.

but for sure if developer dont resolve this issue it will be addressed by the MGT committee....speaking of which who will be joining....ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Dyna View Post
    The barrier is for controlling vehicle entry but can't control people's entry. People walking in and out should be managed by the security guard and not the barrier. The question should then be whether you need a barrier to control vehicle's entry and exit. And what is the security concern for vehicle's unauthorised entry vs people's unauthorised entry.
    good point but i find sea estas entrance VERY strange compared to 99% of other condos in spore...somehow i think for Whatever purpose it serves most of us here just want barriers at the immediate entrance to the condo whether it is to stop people or vehicles...

Think of this design as new thinking. Cars and taxis meant for picking or dropping passengers (residents) need not go through hassle of security stop and check, thereby enabling more efficient flow. Cos ultimately these cars can't enter car park, so no worry about them. But if barrier is immediate and if a car wanna enter to pick or drop resident, then it poses a security risk because upon barrier bring lifted, the car can go all the way into the deepest car park.

As such, some drivers or cabbies wld rather not enter but stop in front of gantry and make 3 point turn to exit. Cos they are reluctant to go thru hassle of lowering window, explaining purpose, and in some cases stricter mgt even wanna take down particulars etc. This poses inconveniences for all parties - the resident passenger needing to walk further ( esp if hot sun, rainy or carrying heavy groceries etc), the driver needing to do 3 point turn, and other resident drivers held up by traffic. But with this new design, there b a seamless flow of traffic (akin to roundabout style of drop off) without compromising security.

So, IMHO, shouldn't write in to appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by acosean View Post
    As such, some drivers or cabbies wld rather not enter but stop in front of gantry and make 3 point turn to exit. Cos they are reluctant to go thru hassle of lowering window, explaining purpose, and in some cases stricter mgt even wanna take down particulars etc. This poses inconveniences for all parties - the resident passenger needing to walk further ( esp if hot sun, rainy or carrying heavy groceries etc), the driver needing to do 3 point turn, and other resident drivers held up by traffic. But with this new design, there b a seamless flow of traffic (akin to roundabout style of drop off) without compromising security.

So, IMHO, shouldn't write in to appeal.

it's not a new design, it is an entrance and exit without barrier.

seamless flow of traffic? we have the least number of units among the big 4, we are not Ion Orchard or MBS.

cars may not be able to enter the carpark but cars can alight people inside the condo without stopping at the guardhouse.

Guys guys. Something which puzzles me till now is, there is no sign of barriers at the entrance BUT why are they so particular now that they even bother to place so many yellow metal barricades now??? A bit strange right?

Think of this design as new thinking. Cars and taxis meant for picking or dropping passengers (residents) need not go through hassle of security stop and check, thereby enabling more efficient flow. Cos ultimately these cars can't enter car park, so no worry about them. But if barrier is immediate and if a car wanna enter to pick or drop resident, then it poses a security risk because upon barrier bring lifted, the car can go all the way into the deepest car park.
    We are hoping the developer to add one barrier at entrance not swapping the car park barrier to the entrance side la...!

Dear friends.

Hoi Hup has not replied since my email sent 2-3 weeks ago.

I have sent out another email last week, still no reply.

Either they realise the problem and are figuring out to give an answer or totally don't give a damn.

Will update again.

We might want to take this issue and any other related Sea Esta matters offline.

If you guys are ok, i'd set up a closed group / email to communicate.

Guys guys. Something which puzzles me till now is, there is no sign of barriers at the entrance BUT why are they so particular now that they even bother to place so many yellow metal barricades now??? A bit strange right?
    Precisely so! Rmb one of our friends here sneaked in to snap photos when the guard is asleep? (he did a great job for the curiosity in us)

This is a classic example of the risks which we here, are driving at.

(unless maybe they have installed those retractable tooth barriers to puncture car tyres of those refusing to get stopped by cars - ok that's fat hope).
    Last edited by ahboy86; 04-07-15 at 15:48.

Belysa is also adopting this kind of 'new thinking or concept', whatever one calls it. Tomorrow i will take its photo and post it here.

belysa security is damm tight i once went in to visit someone...got seperate car park for visitors....not bad for an EC..ya come to think of it a bit like same with sea esta...but their security post like a command centre not like ours...remind me of time i was in the ....army ....RP guard post

Ahboy86, how you intend to do with the close group? Count me in!

Ahboy86, how you intend to do with the close group? Count me in!
    Hi v_esta bro.

was thinking of a few possibilities:
    - closed FB group for residents.
    - google group
    - a dedicated email for sea esta residents to send stuff to.

I think the closed FB group is most feasible. Can hold discussion topics there and residents can post anything there.

Any suggestions?

BTW, just past by this morning at 7am.

Nothing much has changes; yellow barricades up; guard was sitting with is back against a side of the guard room; wasn't able to make out if he was asleep as didnt get down from the car.

Signage waterfall is off; no lights.

I visited my friend at his apartment in novena (soleil@sinaran) yesterday. Their concept is pretty much the same as yours, no barriers around the guard house but only at the car-park entrance.

I think you guys are really over-reacting. After all, you should have already noticed this from the showflat model and the siteplan. The developer has no obligation to listen to any of your demands.

Anyway, I believe the security guards will do their jobs well and Singaporeans continue to be law-abiding. And, do you think burglars would prefer a luxury condo or a mass-market one?

Here's a screenshot from google maps as I did not take any photos ytd. I believe there are many other condos like that too.

Default HDB white light in seaesta

[QUOTE=v_esta;507806]Yup. The white lights aren't appealing. But I haven't really seen the whole picture yet. I only saw the white corridor light in ahboy86 photo (the one taken at 7am on the signage).[/QUOTEI

Seastrand had this issue of white light too however the developer had changed to warm light finally. I saw Seastrand thread on 29th November 2014.

It really looked cheap with white light!!!Seastrand's residents felt strongly too. ..Not to mention about the barrier issue !!! we should insist the change to make it a nice and safe place to live in.

[QUOTE=abc jc;507960]
    Yup. The white lights aren't appealing. But I haven't really seen the whole picture yet. I only saw the white corridor light in ahboy86 photo (the one taken at 7am on the signage).[/QUOTEI

Seastrand had this issue of white light too however the developer had changed to warm light finally. I saw Seastrand thread on 29th November 2014.

It really looked cheap with white light!!!Seastrand's residents felt strongly too. ..Not to mention about the barrier issue !!! we should insist the change to make it a nice and safe place to live in.
    Yeah.. it looked really damn cheap.

Looks like developer is trying to cut costs with the lights and not having barriers at the entrance and exit.

Very very disappointed considering Hoi Hup paid much less for the plot of land compared to Sea Strand and Ripple Bay but sold the units at comparable prices!!!!!

ahhboy please set up a closed email group, because not everyone uses FB or check FB as frequently.

Please count me in if setting up closed group.
    Thanks
    To make money we lose our health,
    and then to restore our health we lose our money.
    We live as if we are never going to die,
    and we Die as if we never lived.........

I would love to be part of the closed group.

Here is my views. Someone suggested to me to setup a Sea Esta owners group in FB before. I am relented to do so because not everyone uses FB. Perhaps email group is the best.

Ultimately, I leave it to ahboy86 to decide what method is the best.
    Visit and "Like us" at our Sea Esta Facebook Page to get the latest updates on Sea Esta right from your Facebook News Feed!

Ok, I have made two trips today, first to Belysa, then to Sea Esta.

The following shows the entrance of Belysa. A guard is stationed at the driveway. He is positioned strategically so that drivers with IU enabled can turn right into the gantry-controlled car park entrance. If it is a visitor-driver, he then asks for the unit number, etc. before triggering the gantry to open. Note that there is no way for a person to walk in and enter the premises without the guard allowing him to do so. This is because if you were to examine the photo carefully, there is practically "no way" to enter the premises from the drop-off point/driveway/foyer:

Now contrast this with Sea Esta as follows:

Though the concept and layout look very similar (gantry for car park is also at the right side), one key difference between them is that for Sea Esta, any walk-in visitor can actually straightaway enter the main premises of the condo through the staircase (see photo); i.e. the drop-off area here is MORE OPEN than Belysa's, therefore security seems to be "more compromised". Thus if the guard dozes off, goes to the toilet etc, it is free-for-all walk-in entries (though not for driver-visitors), but not the case for Belysa.

Ok, I have made two trips today, first to Belysa, then to Sea Esta.

The following shows the entrance of Belysa. A guard is stationed at the driveway. He is positioned strategically so that drivers with IU enabled can turn right into the gantry-controlled car park entrance. If it is a visitor-driver, he then asks for the unit number, etc. before triggering the gantry to open. Note that there is no way for a person to walk in and enter the premises without the guard allowing him to do so. This is because if you were to examine the photo carefully, there is practically "no way" to enter the premises from the drop-off point/driveway/foyer:

Now contrast this with Sea Esta as follows:

Though the concept and layout look very similar (gantry for car park is also at the right side), one key difference between them is that for Sea Esta, any walk-in visitor can actually straightaway enter the main premises of the condo through the staircase (see photo); i.e. the drop-off area here is MORE OPEN than Belysa's, therefore security seems to be "more compromised". Thus if the guard dozes off, goes to the toilet etc, it is free-for-all walk-in entries (though not for driver-visitors), but not the case for Belysa.

I want the barriers for safety issues.. it really is a concern for me and my family, and what about those living on the ground floor units?

We paid a premium for a reason.. and no disrespect, we are not an EC.

Perhaps a gate installed at the staircase would be a better safety measure.

Even with the car barriers, any person can still walk into the condo premises. This is the case for almost any other condos, people are always able to enter the condo premises whether it is through a main staircase or through the carpark.

The best option is to ensure that there are sufficient alert security guards, one of whom may be stationed at the car drop-off area.

Of course, its best that the developer responds to your emails and provide an explanation for this design and security measures put in place.