Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brooks collection @ Springside

Quote Originally Posted by newbie11
    spot on. HL gardens is bought by oxley (king of MM). IOI bought plot beside nan hua at such a high price, I think easily 1.2k psf
    All units will be wiped out in 2-3 months if it is priced around $1.2k psf. Last condo launched at that part of West Coast/Clementi was Hundred Trees in 2009. Demand will be huge. Btw I'm aiming for either this or the Jurong East.

I think got potential. Clementi mrt has no launch for 10years I think. But jus next to sch is noisy. I think jur east has more potential with the malls, JLD, etc. but too far for me. We prefer really near if we have to move there

How come landed thread becomes condo / cluster thread?

Because they all sit on land.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Because they all sit on land.
    For condos, only the ground flr unit sits on the land, the rest are stacked up! The sky's the limit!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    For condos, only the ground flr unit sits on the land, the rest are stacked up! The sky's the limit!
    Yup, nowadays these "landed" are getting popular based on my visits to show flats.

This is like doubling up your bets. If market goes in ur favour, u win more. But if it heads south, u will be the first one to jump off the building. I prefer to use money that has been earned to reinvest so even if i lose, i can afford to lose away the previous profits made and still stay alive. Equity term loan is like borrowing from loan sharks and can die one wor..moreover, u need to be sure that ur property can be rented out easily so that u dun hv to service two loans!
    I know what you mean. to do that, must have enough emergency cash.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    All units will be wiped out in 2-3 months if it is priced around $1.2k psf. Last condo launched at that part of West Coast/Clementi was Hundred Trees in 2009. Demand will be huge. Btw I'm aiming for either this or the Jurong East.
    Need to wait for another year for Jurong East to launch and I guess it wont be cheap either.

Dun hesitate, just wack lah. I hv made my first million out of this property boom since 2008, and is on my way to make the 2nd million.

Singaporeans in general are few hundred Ks richer bec of this boom, and you just have to realise that paper gain and reinvest the money in other newer properties. Anything new always sell faster and higher than old ones.

Either you take the risk now and push yourself to another level or continue to slog and remain where you are. The world will not wait for you, so do the housing prices.
    Congratulations! now you taking risk cos you are using your profits to push yourself to another level but for those newbies, they will need to have a good heart and strong faith.

For own stay, just buy so long as can tahan the ups and downs. Landed is always good for long term cap appreciation. The problem is with the huge capital outlay, we dont have spare money for any good buys that comes along.

Quote Originally Posted by rattydrama
    Congratulations! now you taking risk cos you are using your profits to push yourself to another level but for those newbies, they will need to have a good heart and strong faith.

For own stay, just buy so long as can tahan the ups and downs. Landed is always good for long term cap appreciation. The problem is with the huge capital outlay, we dont have spare money for any good buys that comes along.
    I was once a newbie, and I took the risk to push myself. At any one time, there will always be worries of a market downturn, so you are always taking a gamble / view when you decide to buy, be it strata or landed.

What one needs is foresight and not hindsight. Not enough cash for landed, then go for condo first and upgrade later when you get the first pot of gold. It's better than sitting back and do nothing, by then landed will be beyond reach.

I was once a newbie, and I took the risk to push myself. At any one time, there will always be worries of a market downturn, so you are always taking a gamble / view when you decide to buy, be it strata or landed.

What one needs is foresight and not hindsight. Not enough cash for landed, then go for condo first and upgrade later when you get the first pot of gold. It's better than sitting back and do nothing, by then landed will be beyond reach.
    clap clap Seems like ur first pot of gold was from ur landed purchase?

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    clap clap Seems like ur first pot of gold was from ur landed purchase?
    Not really, I pushed my limit to buy both condo and landed one after another!!! Landed gave me the bigger pot of gold of cos!

Then now I sold both to go for bigger landed (balls grown bigger)!

Lightbulb Brooks Signature at Springside

For those who missed out the first phase - Brooks Collection, the last phase called Brooks Signature will be launched in Nov 2014. Show houses available for viewing. Register at http://www.property-agentsingapore.com/