Thread: V on Shenton

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    another option: buy altez subsale

using studio as guide :
    altez ~1950 to 2067psf asking
    skysuites ~2500+psf <400sf
    clift ~2200+psf
    glucoland ~?

big piece of researched info here. work out the implications yourself...
    those who are still investing will know what to do
    can treat me kopi when this info proves useful.

p/s not inducement to buy; just sharing only

Thanks those are good comparison too

You can even consider South Beach Residences if they firesale 2k+ psf... right beside F1 track:

http://www.southbeachresidencessinga...#!gallery/cihc

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    You can even consider South Beach Residences if they firesale 2k+ psf... right beside F1 track:

Has it launched? can't find any pricing in property guru.

One Shenton many lost 3xxk if bought in 2007

2012-09-11 #09-XX 1,098sqft 1,685psf 2007-02-12
    1,920psf -258,030 2,038 -2.3

hmm ... why would anybody buy V on Shenton in this case
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    One Shenton many lost 3xxk if bought in 2007

2012-09-11 #09-XX 1,098sqft 1,685psf 2007-02-12
    1,920psf -258,030 2,038 -2.3

hmm ... why would anybody buy V on Shenton in this case
    Why so cheap? a loft unit?
    Or one shenton not so good?
    Clift is still flying.

yes, why is one shenton so cheap? please enlighten. thanks.

Anyone knows how is this project doing lately? From URA website prices seem to be hovering around 2k but it does not show the latest transactions. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Learner
    Anyone knows how is this project doing lately? From URA website prices seem to be hovering around 2k but it does not show the latest transactions. thanks.
    told by agent 2 weeks ago of road show in hk about now... did not bother to ask for new updates. have you decided what you are going for? since day 1 of latest cooling measure, my friends have bought 4 units.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

my friend just told me he called up last week... minimum size 1000sf above 30 storeys with indicative from 4k psf = 4mil minimum! How to get firesale at 2k psf

told by agent 2 weeks ago of road show in hk about now... did not bother to ask for new updates. have you decided what you are going for? since day 1 of latest cooling measure, my friends have bought 4 units.
    4 units at v shenton? i have yet to decide. while i like the place the price is very high

4 units at v shenton? i have yet to decide. while i like the place the price is very high
    no. 3 ccr, 1fh ocr.

and also worried that price of v shenton may come down like one shenton (as what phantom said but not sure why yet)

my friend just told me he called up last week... minimum size 1000sf above 30 storeys with indicative from 4k psf = 4mil minimum! How to get firesale at 2k psf
    make v shenton looks like a steal

lifeline, do you have any price info on Marina One?

lifeline, do you have any price info on Marina One?

no idea. certainly higher I think. glucoland will be high and guess one marina may be higher.
    so ask yourself...
    do you want to buy at the next peak or enter now?
    do you want capital gain or rental yield or both?
    as 1 writer contributed, need to also differentiate between inflation yield and investment yield. of course regardless got yield still better than no yield.

and also worried that price of v shenton may come down like one shenton (as what phantom said but not sure why yet)

actually if you are worried that was a true price down, then go in for one shenton, esp as one marina is just 2 blocks behind. you need to go view units or showflats at one shenton, clift, vos, altez, skysuites, etc to get a feel of location, buzz, layout, etc to assess your entry requirements, your likes and dislikes, etc.

another friend musing over selling his fh central, realise his paper gains and convert over to district 1 for even better rental yield - already cash out, ok even if no top effect (cos already captured the paper gain), move on to rental yield in lh ccr, no need gearing cos will be fully paid up (unlike geared for existing); only slight blip will be extra stamp duty and agent's fee.

food for thought. different folks, different strokes. what's yours?

dun mtb

if bank is axing everywhere, then you also expect rental to be under pressured and many more condo ToP at the same time.

but owning a D1 is good for employer as they want their employees to stay near to office.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    if bank is axing everywhere, then you also expect rental to be under pressured and many more condo ToP at the same time.

but owning a D1 is good for employer as they want their employees to stay near to office.

if one's outlook for the future is bad, then dun buy. just wait!
    though the investment plan is to at least hold for the medium to long term.

actually if you are worried that was a true price down, then go in for one shenton, esp as one marina is just 2 blocks behind. you need to go view units or showflats at one shenton, clift, vos, altez, skysuites, etc to get a feel of location, buzz, layout, etc to assess your entry requirements, your likes and dislikes, etc.

another friend musing over selling his fh central, realise his paper gains and convert over to district 1 for even better rental yield - already cash out, ok even if no top effect (cos already captured the paper gain), move on to rental yield in lh ccr, no need gearing cos will be fully paid up (unlike geared for existing); only slight blip will be extra stamp duty and agent's fee.

food for thought. different folks, different strokes. what's yours?

dun mtb

my primary objective is capital gain. will go for rental if the market turns soft.

my primary objective is capital gain. will go for rental if the market turns soft.

it's a judgement call.

you got to take a stand and decide :
    - in now or wait,
    - new (progressive payment) or resale (less competition, better value - can nego),
    - got good holding power = never fear
    - why invest?
    - where? which location got upside?

from new cm till today, friends have gone in for 5 purchases.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast