Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Jurong lake district

MCL Land on the roll at Jurong East now. with 12 bid, it will be a matter of time someone will trigger the neighboring plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    2.5 years ago, price surely increases. Plus CIS next to it. JLD slowly unfolding.
    Very slowly in my opinion.
    To see maximum profits maybe after 2025?

What do you think will be the selling price? $1250 psf up?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    What do you think will be the selling price? $1250 psf up?
    If there ever is a IR at jurong, I will expect development launching at that period of time to begin at 1700 psf and up.

My point is lucky for those who bought early at jurong but those who buy now will need to wait long long to see big returns.
    I don't even know is 2020 a good estimate for significant change at jurong or the project is just by word of mouth like the NS12 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Very slowly in my opinion.
    To see maximum profits maybe after 2025?
    ...on what basis are you making this projection? In many respects the plan in place here is more definite than most other regions. Hotel site has already been tendered, and many commercial development and hospitals are already being constructed.......think it would take 2025 for certain high priced launches in non-prime area to see any profit that will match JLD in the next 5 years. Certain industries such as aviation will be at greater risk and might take more time to launch upwards if at all as the world economy reconfigures....or business travels see a different pattern as the world gets more high speed video conferencing.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    And this open air cinema

darn, that's a real classic photo.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    darn, that's a real classic photo.
    Have a old jurong picture to share but does not know how to show...

Please see attached how JLD looks like back in 70s...
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dare2
    ...on what basis are you making this projection? In many respects the plan in place here is more definite than most other regions. Hotel site has already been tendered, and many commercial development and hospitals are already being constructed.......think it would take 2025 for certain high priced launches in non-prime area to see any profit that will match JLD in the next 5 years. Certain industries such as aviation will be at greater risk and might take more time to launch upwards if at all as the world economy reconfigures....or business travels see a different pattern as the world gets more high speed video conferencing.
    Relax, my 2 cents only!

The area is larger than marina bay, if I'm not wrong.
    Completion will take sometime......

Besides news of the jurong IR is already contributing to new psf heights in that area, already did what it did but completion I think at least 2020 and up.
    Quite a ambitious project to begin with and now only starting from scratch.

Relax, my 2 cents only!

Besides news of the jurong IR is already contributing to new psf heights in that area, already did what it did but completion I think at least 2020 and up.
    .....well seems like you are just giving some airy fairy conjecture without any sound basis.....I am not alarmed....just find your posting lacking in credibility, I would not even put 2 cents on it.

Jurong East MRT area and the IMM area is now the "Tower Crane" city in Singapore. MND, LTA, BCA and a few others will be relocating their HQ here. 2 hospitals under construction, 2 office tower+new mall BUC. MCL has hoarded up their Condo plot next to JEast MRT. CapitaMalls and Lendlease wasting no time to finish up the buildings. Previous abandoned BigBox plot will house iKea and others, as large or larger than iKea+Courts+Giant Tampines! Happening now.

Relax, my 2 cents only!

Jurong IR? Can share the news?

Relax, my 2 cents only!

.....well seems like you are just giving some airy fairy conjecture without any sound basis.....I am not alarmed....just find your posting lacking in credibility, I would not even put 2 cents on it.
    Maybe just put 0.5 cents into it.

You seem very confident in that area, the potential is definitely there but maybe you can advise if we can buy jurong properties for investment now and how is profit quantum?

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    Jurong IR? Can share the news?
    No expert in this ,read it by posts shared by ringo33.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...=16130&page=18

this one not IR la...

No expert in this ,read it by posts shared by ringo33.
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...=16130&page=18

u dont believe this time sure happen?? definitely can buy the properties there la. now got news cheong, when the exact thing is up, cheong another min 20%...

im not vested there but look at lakeshore, ave now 1100psf. the new one just won by MCL is about 100m away same facing to the lake, break-even about 1100psf as estimated by those analysts. u think when they launch, how much would it be? i think very close to 1300psf...so got potential or not?? yishun and woodland already 1100psf easily le...then when they start to develop the lake, sure up another 10%, and when exact is up, wa, another min 10%...

look further into that area, sure got good buy la, there very very limited projects. just for upgraders in that area already very big market as Jurong East and West combined, i think could be the largest populated residential town. but dont mistaken, it wil not be as crowed as sengkang or punggol as the land area is much bigger and buildings are much spread out...

dont waste your chance. mai tu liao...landed there lagi hot with all the new cz or angmo working in those big corps...

master plan i think will show details this time, anyway all my opinion...

You seem very confident in that area, the potential is definitely there but maybe you can advise if we can buy jurong properties for investment now and how is profit quantum?

I am not a consultant so not accepting your 0.5 cents....nor desperate....what do you think where the 3million plus foreigners gonna stay? As it is Jurong is a fav with those from PRC which explains the high rental yield for HDBs esp in relation to value of the HDB. The region is earmarked to be the largest commercial hub outside the CBD, besides the land area allocated for private residence is not that much. Just look at the 12 competitive bids for the land beside lakeside /canadian school....its is ironic that despite all these anyone could feel that there is more upside in more remote location.

Notice something new in the White Paper. Government is planning a new park connector linking Pandan Reservoir to the Lake District. Pretty sure those industrial land along Sungei Jurong will have to make way for residential and perhaps mix commercial development. The resident land will be Lake facing and reservoir facing and near the future Teban MRT station along the CRL.

Hopefully they will also build a new bridge to replace Jalan Ahmed Ibrahim Bridge so that the park connector will have direct link with JLD, and turn sungei jurong into a catchment area, like the way they did with Marina.

Government will huat big time with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Notice something new in the White Paper. Government is planning a new park connector linking Pandan Reservoir to the Lake District. Pretty sure those industrial land along Sungei Jurong will have to make way for residential and perhaps mix commercial development. The resident land will Lake facing and reservoir facing and near the future Teban MRT station along the CRL.

Hopefully they will also build a new bridge to replace Jalan Ahmed Ibrahim Bridge so that the park connector will have direct line with JLD, and turn sungei jurong into a catchment area, like the way they did with Marina.

Government will huat big time with this.

There is construction now along that spot and I have long suspect it is a park connector as the overhead bridge seem too small for cars..

Go check it out yourself... it is aling the pandan river intercepting AYE..
    Daft, Dafter, Dafterest!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by westman
    There is construction now along that spot and I have long suspect it is a park connector as the overhead bridge seem too small for cars..

Go check it out yourself... it is aling the pandan river intercepting AYE..
    thats is sungei pandan. what I am referring to is Sungei Jurong. Further to the west, between old tang dynasty and jurong country club

The jurong lake district is overly rated imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    the rating has to take reference with time, that's all. like you are paying 10x PE for a stock that will end up achieving the earnings in 30 years

actually if given time, everywhere in Singapore will be developed. when that happens, everywhere becomes desirable to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    the rating has to take reference with time, that's all. like you are paying 10x PE for a stock that will end up achieving the earnings in 30 years

....a meaningless statement without anything to substantiate your opinion......

Study the picture of the JLD, tell us what is so new in it that Singapore already doesnt have

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgu...EwATgK&dur=343

....a meaningless statement without anything to substantiate your opinion......

Study the picture of the JLD, tell us what is so new in it that Singapore already doesnt have
    the reason why JLD look so familiar to you is because JLD has got all the bits and pcs of Singapore city. Its like a little city within a city.

actually if given time, everywhere in Singapore will be developed. when that happens, everywhere becomes desirable to live.
    name me a sub urban town that can come close to JLD and I will agree with you.

Err... although I'm not vested here, I can't agree with this statement. Places in the east are already over build and over saturated. There's no way you can make way for newer developments (unless you're talking about beyond 2030 after the land reclamation but that's freaking long). Whereas development are going fast and furious in the west and that creates opportunities. That's why you can see in mature estates, there are only minor upgrades here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by pmet
    Err... although I'm not vested here, I can't agree with this statement. Places in the east are already over build and over saturated. There's no way you can make way for newer developments (unless you're talking about beyond 2030 after the land reclamation but that's freaking long). Whereas development are going fast and furious in the west and that creates opportunities. That's why you can see in mature estates, there are only minor upgrades here and there.
    Once PSA move their Keppel and brani operation to Tuas in about 10 years time, you will definitely see more companies and people moving towards th west.

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?imgu...EwATgK&dur=343
    That is your way of looking at it? But even if the planned amenities, businesses, infrastructure and residential or leisure development are nothing unique, the expansion of these activities do add to GDP, create employment, bring in investment ect.....hence increase the attractiveness of the area.

Iskandar Region similarly is nothing new........

initial stage there is always hype n buzz, residents will find most of the things in jld white elephants when the area completed 15 years from now. for many people, it is just a feel factor rather than serving any practical purpose. And for those living near lakeside mrt to walk to the jld is a 2 km hike.
    That is your way of looking at it? But even if the planned amenities, businesses, infrastructure and residential or leisure development are nothing unique, the expansion of these activities do add to GDP, create employment, bring in investment ect.....hence increase the attractiveness of the area.

Iskandar Region similarly is nothing new........