View Poll Results: [Poll] Do you want NS12 to be built by 2015?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want it built! If you are Men in White! You better do it to get my vote!

36 66.67%
  • No. I want to end my miserable life in Singapore, e.g. falling off congested MRT platforms.

10 18.52%
  • Ehhh... Seriously, I don't care because I'm an elite and I stay in CCR like the President.

8 14.81%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly
    Northern side has been neglected. Govt seems to favor South, East, then West.
    perhaps it's because of the military strategic reason ... every important development will favour everywhere but north..

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    ... LTA's calculation is always wrong
    agreed.. if their calculation is correct.. the TSL would have been built million years back to solve the northern crisis..

Not overbuilt = good. North is ok - at least got MRt line to Yishun and Woodlands right. Northest overbuilt all the way to Punggol. Northwest is the "worst" but need to preserve some forests for military and conserve real nature mah.

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    perhaps it's because of the military strategic reason ... every important development will favour everywhere but north..

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Jokingly, are you in Singapore?

NS12 not NS Line and not TS Line. Dover Station took longer time to build due to it was being built at the road divider.

The Future TS Line station @ Woodlands near Republic Poly will be extended to JB and the existing NS Woodlands station (interchange) will also be linked just like Bishan, Serangoon & Paya Lebar.
    opps.. thought is TS line.. paiseh

frankly i think a lot of ppl certainly don't know the missing stations of NS12 and NS6.. haha.. it's like the blindspot which has been neglected.. only those who really need it and want it will pay attention to it..
    hmm...
    never know still got two stations been reserved..
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    opps.. thought is TS line.. paiseh

hmm...
    never know still got two stations been reserved..
    haha no worry.. next time when you read the map on the MRT.. you will pay attention to the missing NS6 and NS12 already ..

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not overbuilt = good. North is ok - at least got MRt line to Yishun and Woodlands right. Northest overbuilt all the way to Punggol. Northwest is the "worst" but need to preserve some forests for military and conserve real nature mah.
    north west is built with the development of SAP.. north east with the punggol 21k dream.. north is "dreaming" only...

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

bros... if i were to bet on next mrt station retrofitted on ns line... it will not be simpang or sungei kadut.... i will bet my $$ on ns3.5 ...

may be a new mrt station ns3.5 between cck and bt gombak will come out first, before ns6 sungei kadut or ns12 simpang... location should be junction of bt batok road and brickland road

https://maps.google.com/?ll=1.369062...13089&t=h&z=16

to the north of ns3.5, cck is expanding southwards down, keat hong land all cleared for building hdb. cck will merge with bt batok soon.

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eamp...tm?open&ft=bto

to the south of ns3.5 is already bt batok/bt batok drive centre

to the west of ns3.5 is sungei tengah.... think that should be the new hdb town... may be they will pull an LRT network from ns3.5 here, before building a full mrt line to tengah...

=> simpang there is empty... jungle only...
    => sungei kadut need to chase away those old old industry... still long time...

=> have fun...

how sure there will be mrt in the location @ junction of bt batok road and brickland road ?
    or you propose this idea one?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    how sure there will be mrt in the location @ junction of bt batok road and brickland road ?
    or you propose this idea one?
    I dun think so, there no missing number. LRT may be lah

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    bros... if i were to bet on next mrt station retrofitted on ns line... it will not be simpang or sungei kadut.... i will bet my $$ on ns3.5 ...

may be a new mrt station ns3.5 between cck and bt gombak will come out first, before ns6 sungei kadut or ns12 simpang... location should be junction of bt batok road and brickland road

https://maps.google.com/?ll=1.369062...13089&t=h&z=16

to the north of ns3.5, cck is expanding southwards down, keat hong land all cleared for building hdb. cck will merge with bt batok soon.

http://www101.hdb.gov.sg/hdbvsf/eamp...tm?open&ft=bto

to the south of ns3.5 is already bt batok/bt batok drive centre

to the west of ns3.5 is sungei tengah.... think that should be the new hdb town... may be they will pull an LRT network from ns3.5 here, before building a full mrt line to tengah...

=> simpang there is empty... jungle only...
    => sungei kadut need to chase away those old old industry... still long time...

=> have fun...
    if based on google map, i don't see there are less buildings in Canberra/simpang area than CCK area. So, i don't understand your judgement that Simpang area is a jungle only.

Canberra/Simpang area going to have 3 new condos and 1 new EC. To the north east side, the HDB BTOs are due to complete later this year. The land on the right are doing soil test now which will be tendered for commercial use soon (my guess). To the further south-east side, >1000 HDB BTOs going to online in next 3 years in Yishun town.

friday saw few person wearing helmet at NS12 location, pointed here and there, I think SMRT project coming soon.

Ok, let's keep this thread alive and make sure our voices are heard.

Losing Nee Soon/Sembawang GRC is not a joke.

everywhere is like that people tends to neglect the north until it's too late
    and especially when people take for granted and get complacant

A road has been built that lead to Canberra Residences/ The Nautical. The place will develop but take another year or 2 to announce?
    The focus now is "Punggol 21"...

waiting for the final concept plan 2011. Hopefully can get some hints there... But still no news leh...

A road has been built that lead to Canberra Residences/ The Nautical. The place will develop but take another year or 2 to announce?
    The focus now is "Punggol 21"...
    Punggol is already history after Watertown.

Yishun is history in the making provided our voices are heard.

If we are not heard, perhaps a political party should become history just like how opposing parties's wards are left to rot.

Patterns always repeat themselves, so does history.

Will Yishun make history or will a party become history?

Govt to boost infrastructure for growing population

Jul 27, 2012 - PropertyGuru.com.sg

10 Like Tweet Tweet

Comment

By Romesh Navaratnarajah:

In abid to meet the needs of Singapore’s growing population, the government plans to increase infrastructure development in the country over the next decade.

A report released by the National Population and Talent Division (NPTD) revealed that infrastructure capacity has failed to keep pace with population growth in recent years.

As a result, the government needs to ramp up housing supply, transport and public services over the next five to 10 years.

The Housing and Development Board (HDB) is expected to deliver another 25,000 new flats this year. This is in additionto the increased availability of private housing and executive condominium (EC) sites.

The report also underlinedHDB’s efforts to improve the living environment in HDB estates through a S$2.5 billion allocation from the Ministry of National Development (MND).

More nursing homes and hospitals are also set to be built, including the new Ng Teng Fong Hospital, the Integrated Building for St Andrew’s Community Hospital and Changi General Hospital by 2014. The Sengkang General Hospital is expected to be ready by 2018.

In addition, two new community hospitals in Yishun and Jurong, co-located with Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and Ng Teng Fong Hospital – are set to open by 2015 while another community hospital to be co-located with Sengkang General Hospital will likely be ready by 2018.

How about the transport services? Missing NS12......

Check out this old posting in Skyscrapercity.com dated back to Aug 2007.

5 years and on and still only Khoo Tech Phuat and Northpoint extension done plus Yishun pond only......

Where are the rest of the plans?

Do we look at individual MP to roll out plans or the party looking after the ward?

Promises versus what has been realised is a far stretched..... I only see industrial plots keep launching and condos keep launching in anticipation but where are the promised AMENITIES?

SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Public Housing Projects > Rejuvenation of Punggol, Yishun & Dawson
    PDA
    View Full Version : Rejuvenation of Punggol, Yishun & Dawson

ignoramus
    August 31st, 2007, 07:11 PM
    More details released on rejuvenation of first three HDB towns

SINGAPORE: More details on the first HDB estates to be rejuvenated across Singapore have been released.

The three chosen ones are Punggol, because it is new; Yishun, because it is middle-aged; and Dawson estate in Queenstown, because it is old.

Punggol has already been picked for transformation, under the Punggol 21 plan.

But the renewal effort is being stepped up.

Among the facilities planned are a seafront promenade which stretches around the town, reservoirs for water activities, a waterway through the town centre, and proposals for a town plaza and sports complex.

HDB officials cannot say when construction will start on the individual projects.

Instead they say they are focusing on gathering feedback first.

But the plan is to put at least one piece of land in Punggol on the market for construction over the next couple of years, and possibly more in other areas.

As for Yishun, proposals include a new polytechnic or university and a shopping complex that is integrated with housing and a bus exchange.

These are on top of the facilities already under construction, such as the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and the extended Northpoint shopping mall that will feature a new Community Library.

Because Yishun is considered a middle-aged town, it qualifies for two new upgrading programmes - the Home Improvement Programme (HIP) and the Neighbourhood Renewal programme (NRP).

The HIP is for improvements inside the home while the NRP is for works done on the blocks and around the neighbourhood.

Flats will be eligible for the NRP if they were built in 1989 or before, and have not undergone the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP), Interim Upgrading Programme (IUP) or the IUP Plus.

Dawson Estate in Queenstown is an old estate.

So the idea is to provide new public housing and integrate facilities into a seamless community.

But the estate's memories will be retained.

Some of the new ideas for Dawson include housing-in-the-park and multi-generation living.

Three local architect companies have drawn up concepts for three parcels of land in the estate.

The HDB estimates about 3,500 flats can be built on the land.

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said: "This (rejuvenation of HDB heartlands) will happen in the next few years. At first, we will start slowly because we need to gain experience in the new type of housing; our architects, our engineers, even the contractors and developers and builders will also have to gather new experience. But as we become more experienced, this will gather pace. So, what we have done is we have drawn up plans for Punggol and Dawson estate in Queenstown, for a start. We are going to replicate this in other parts of Singapore. Of course, it is going to take us time - 20 to 30 years."

To get an idea of just how different the new generation of public housing will be, you can catch an exhibition at the HDB Hub.

It is on till 8 September before it makes its way to the heartlands where it will be on until early October.

Visitors to the exhibition can give their feedback on the proposed plans for the new generation of public housing via the telephone, Internet and HDB service counters. - CNA/ir
    ignoramus
    August 31st, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Finally...sleepy town Yishun is set for a rejuvenation.

I can just predict where they are going to put the temporary bus interchange, at the empty plot of land behind the current one.

Yishun Interchange - The 6th air conditioned bus interchange?
    New mall.
    New housing project atop mall.
    New University/Polytechnic.
    Northern General Hospital named after ????????.
    Northpoint Extension.

Not too bad at all...not too bad.................

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/archiv.../t-518598.html

Quote Originally Posted by solsys

5 years and on and still only Khoo Tech Phuat and Northpoint extension done plus Yishun pond only......

Do we look at individual MP to roll out plans or the party looking after the ward?

Promises versus what has been realised is a far stretched..... I only see industrial plots keep launching and condos keep launching in anticipation but where are the promised AMENITIES?

SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Asian Skyscraper Forums > South East Asia > Singapore Skyscraper Forum > Projects and Construction > Project News and Updates > Public Housing Projects > Rejuvenation of Punggol, Yishun & Dawson
    PDA

ignoramus

SINGAPORE: More details on the first HDB estates to be rejuvenated across Singapore have been released.

The three chosen ones are Punggol, because it is new; Yishun, because it is middle-aged; and Dawson estate in Queenstown, because it is old.

Among the facilities planned are a seafront promenade which stretches around the town, reservoirs for water activities, a waterway through the town centre, and proposals for a town plaza and sports complex.

HDB officials cannot say when construction will start on the individual projects.

But the plan is to put at least one piece of land in Punggol on the market for construction over the next couple of years, and possibly more in other areas.

As for Yishun, proposals include a new polytechnic or university and a shopping complex that is integrated with housing and a bus exchange.

These are on top of the facilities already under construction, such as the Khoo Teck Puat Hospital and the extended Northpoint shopping mall that will feature a new Community Library.

Because Yishun is considered a middle-aged town, it qualifies for two new upgrading programmes - the Home Improvement Programme (HIP) and the Neighbourhood Renewal programme (NRP).

The HIP is for improvements inside the home while the NRP is for works done on the blocks and around the neighbourhood.

Flats will be eligible for the NRP if they were built in 1989 or before, and have not undergone the Main Upgrading Programme (MUP), Interim Upgrading Programme (IUP) or the IUP Plus.

So the idea is to provide new public housing and integrate facilities into a seamless community.

Some of the new ideas for Dawson include housing-in-the-park and multi-generation living.

Three local architect companies have drawn up concepts for three parcels of land in the estate.

National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan said: "This (rejuvenation of HDB heartlands) will happen in the next few years. At first, we will start slowly because we need to gain experience in the new type of housing; our architects, our engineers, even the contractors and developers and builders will also have to gather new experience. But as we become more experienced, this will gather pace. So, what we have done is we have drawn up plans for Punggol and Dawson estate in Queenstown, for a start. We are going to replicate this in other parts of Singapore. Of course, it is going to take us time - 20 to 30 years."

To get an idea of just how different the new generation of public housing will be, you can catch an exhibition at the HDB Hub.

It is on till 8 September before it makes its way to the heartlands where it will be on until early October.

Visitors to the exhibition can give their feedback on the proposed plans for the new generation of public housing via the telephone, Internet and HDB service counters. - CNA/ir
    ignoramus

I can just predict where they are going to put the temporary bus interchange, at the empty plot of land behind the current one.

New mall.
    Northpoint Extension.

Well done. Price of yishun is going to be impressive.
    But not sure when all these will be realized?

PDA

ignoramus

ignoramus

New mall.
    Northpoint Extension.

Fully agree.

East - We have Tampines Regional Ctr, Downtown East, Changi Business Park, upcoming Paya Lebar Business Ctr & Singapore University of Tech & Design

West - We have One North, JLD, Universities.

Do we need to have 3 Business Parks in the East to load up the Eastern mrt line, thus spending $bil building more lines there.

In my opinion, Paya Lebar Business Ctr & CBP are redundant at that locations. Tampines Regional Ctr is enough. For providing lower cost to companies in terms of rental, Woodlands Regional Ctr can be considered and the NS line wldn't be so loaded as thousands travel to town to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Fully agree.

East - We have Tampines Regional Ctr, Downtown East, Changi Business Park, upcoming Paya Lebar Business Ctr & Singapore University of Tech & Design

West - We have One North, JLD, Universities.

Do we need to have 3 Business Parks in the East to load up the Eastern mrt line, thus spending $bil building more lines there.

In my opinion, Paya Lebar Business Ctr & CBP are redundant at that locations. Tampines Regional Ctr is enough. For providing lower cost to companies in terms of rental, Woodlands Regional Ctr can be considered and the NS line wldn't be so loaded as thousands travel to town to work.
    the east part having 3 BP is because of MBT's ward when he was the MND chief.. so that's why all good things go to there..

now KBW as MND's chief.. we also hope that he can at least rejuvenate his own ward lah.. at least to let ppl there to see he is really working hard on that lah..

so far still no news or any major plan in canberra area.. so waiting for the masterplan 2012 lo..

i also want to see an university built up in the north.. at canberra/simpang area.. usually an university can change the dead environment into a different one.. hope that we can see it in the future..

the east part having 3 BP is because of MBT's ward when he was the MND chief.. so that's why all good things go to there..

now KBW as MND's chief.. we also hope that he can at least rejuvenate his own ward lah.. at least to let ppl there to see he is really working hard on that lah..

so far still no news or any major plan in canberra area.. so waiting for the masterplan 2012 lo..

i also want to see an university built up in the north.. at canberra/simpang area.. usually an university can change the dead environment into a different one.. hope that we can see it in the future..

If he dun...let us vote him out

Angry

I see votes swimming to the other shore....

An engineering university will fit well into Seletar Aerospace Hub profile.....

That's a Big hint to you, Mr. MND....or should we refer as the party at the ward?

No excuse since we now look at the party's merits than the individual promises.

I just realised it took the ruling party 10 yrs to deliver Khoo Teck Phuat hospital....

Goodness gracious.....

See below excerpt, can anyone verify that certain districts other than north have faster build times? Looks like any commitments will be act upon slowly until opposition steps up the pressure.......

-----------
    Building of a Northern Hospital in Yishun East

This promise is made by PAP back in 2001 Elections. Some may wonder why this issue is so important that I need to put emphasis on it again and again.

The reason is that in Singapore, we are short of government hospitals! This is the primary reason why our public hospitals, despite increasing fees, could face bed shortages! This problem was raised when Mr. Low Thia Khiang was rushed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital when he contracted dengue fever. Mr. Low lives in the North. For those of you who live in the North, you would realize that there isn’t any hospital in the North at all. This is really an abnormality as the population residing in the North is rising rapidly with the new estates of Sembawang, Sengkang and Punggol growing in size. Together with the matured estates Woodlands, Yishun and Ang Mo Kio, there are at least half a million people but there is no hospital in the North! If one depends on Tan Tock Seng Hospital alone, I do not think it could cope as it also serves residents in Toa Payoh, Bishan and Thomson. Imagine if you have an emergency in Woodlands or Yishun, how long will it take to reach Tan Tock Seng? Not to forget, CTE is always jammed during peak hours!

This is a matter of life or death to residents living in the North! Thus to me, it is a very important issue to bring up. Of course, PAP tries to respond in a positive way that it is taking “actions” to build one hospital in Yishun East. However, 5 years have passed, where is the hospital? They say it will be ready by 2010, earliest 2009. A first world government needs 9 years to build a hospital?

http://singaporealternatives.blogspo...ps-broken.html
    --------------------

I just realised it took the ruling party 10 yrs to deliver Khoo Teck Phuat hospital....

Goodness gracious.....

See below excerpt, can anyone verify that certain districts other than north have faster build times? Looks like any commitments will be act upon slowly until opposition steps up the pressure.......

-----------
    Building of a Northern Hospital in Yishun East

This promise is made by PAP back in 2001 Elections. Some may wonder why this issue is so important that I need to put emphasis on it again and again.

The reason is that in Singapore, we are short of government hospitals! This is the primary reason why our public hospitals, despite increasing fees, could face bed shortages! This problem was raised when Mr. Low Thia Khiang was rushed to Tan Tock Seng Hospital when he contracted dengue fever. Mr. Low lives in the North. For those of you who live in the North, you would realize that there isn’t any hospital in the North at all. This is really an abnormality as the population residing in the North is rising rapidly with the new estates of Sembawang, Sengkang and Punggol growing in size. Together with the matured estates Woodlands, Yishun and Ang Mo Kio, there are at least half a million people but there is no hospital in the North! If one depends on Tan Tock Seng Hospital alone, I do not think it could cope as it also serves residents in Toa Payoh, Bishan and Thomson. Imagine if you have an emergency in Woodlands or Yishun, how long will it take to reach Tan Tock Seng? Not to forget, CTE is always jammed during peak hours!

This is a matter of life or death to residents living in the North! Thus to me, it is a very important issue to bring up. Of course, PAP tries to respond in a positive way that it is taking “actions” to build one hospital in Yishun East. However, 5 years have passed, where is the hospital? They say it will be ready by 2010, earliest 2009. A first world government needs 9 years to build a hospital?

http://singaporealternatives.blogspo...ps-broken.html
    --------------------
    Just did some google search,

Ng Teng Fong Hospital started ground foundation only months after announcement. The fast action was mainly due to donation of $125mil given by Ng family.

Sengkang Hospital will be ready in 6 years time.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...187359/1/.html

I see votes swimming to the other shore....

An engineering university will fit well into Seletar Aerospace Hub profile.....

That's a Big hint to you, Mr. MND....or should we refer as the party at the ward?

No excuse since we now look at the party's merits than the individual promises.
    Any foreign institution or univeristy in north ? I only know Singapore American School in Woodlands.

Don't really understand why they build another Business Ctr at Paya Lebar. They are planting a problem there. The traffic will worsen

Move to tampines lah, confirmed 3 mrt lines going into town, action speaks louder, even there is no plan for another line for jld yet, east will soon have 4th uni, a new bedok mall as big as bishan 8, cbp is booming as bank op centre, close to east coast, bedok reservoir and marina bay, changi airport
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Northern part is undervalue. Just take HDB, Yishun n Sembawang flats are easily 100-180k lower compare to Punggol/ Senkang. Take an example..5room Punggol vs 5 room Sembawang. Both estate are new n flats are 7-10 years old average for resale market. Even Punggol flats that are not near MRT still fetch higher prices than Sembawang or Yishun flats that are walking distance to MRT.
    It is all about who are the Ministers n MPs...who run your estate...

Northern part is undervalue. Just take HDB, Yishun n Sembawang flats are easily 100-180k lower compare to Punggol/ Senkang. Take an example..5room Punggol vs 5 room Sembawang. Both estate are new n flats are 7-10 years old average for resale market. Even Punggol flats that are not near MRT still fetch higher prices than Sembawang or Yishun flats that are walking distance to MRT.
    It is all about who are the Ministers n MPs...who run your estate...
    The legacy of MBT is really significant for his Tampines ward.... He did an excellent job for his ward but neglected national interests, i.e. HDB prices.

KBW did a good control for HDB prices on COV but still rents are rising as per today's Sunday Times article. However, it seems that his ward has SLOW BUILD TIMES, SLOW PROGRESS, POOR CONNECTIVITY, CONGESTED MRT STATIONS and the $500 million promised during the last GE goes to building a Mosque and a Police Station....... #@%$@#%@#$%

Did I make a mistake in my last GE election?

Looks like having a MND minister in the ward doesn't really help as he is distracted.

On hindsight, MBT did a fantastic job for his Tampines ward. 3 MRT lines!!!

Although we have NSE coming and TSL but Yishun still doesn't have the hub! It's been in the talks for so long and the HDB shops are vacated but no signs of announcement! Only a silly model or mockup shown at Northpoint about the vision......

If Khoo Teck Phuat takes 10 years, then Yishun Hub takes 10 years?

The last announcement for the hub was it in Year 2010? Does that mean it Yishun Hub will only materialise in Year 2020?

OUCH OUCH OUCH! Come on! Do something for Yishun guys! It's going to get congested with all the condos and HDB that are going to TOP in 2-3 years, Year 2014!