View Poll Results: [Poll] Do you want NS12 to be built by 2015?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want it built! If you are Men in White! You better do it to get my vote!

36 66.67%
  • No. I want to end my miserable life in Singapore, e.g. falling off congested MRT platforms.

10 18.52%
  • Ehhh... Seriously, I don't care because I'm an elite and I stay in CCR like the President.

8 14.81%
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

Default [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

[Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015>

of course! if earlier even better!

u mean thomson line?
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Yes!..

build the northern coastal line to connect Sembawang - Selatar - Changi Airport too..

Where is NS12?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys

That's a no brainer, the answer is obviously "Yes" as pointed out aptly by xemz127.

Perhaps the more interesting question would be "when", and we may start a poll on it.

Given that there's no sight no sound on it yet, and based on the previous experience with Dover MRT station (which was also built along operating tracks without disruption to services, and took ~2 years to complete), this new station will likely be available only on 2015 or later, if it's announced this year...

Reference Articles:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dover_MRT_Station
    http://www.bca.gov.sg/Awards/BestBui.../bda03_07.html

100% for it. Asap!!!

Yishun mrt is way too crowded.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by johnkhaw
    Where is NS12?
    Simpang... (between yishun and sembawang)

tankuku lah... the whole place there is so empty... me see jungle only... how to build early ??...
    at least got to wait for them to build a hdb town first...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

tankuku lah... the whole place there is so empty... me see jungle only... how to build early ??...

Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s#MRT_Stations, "NS12 is reserved for future station at Simpang."

Click on the "Simpang" link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpang) and it's stated that "Development is on hold until Punggol is saturated."

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

location is on/along ns mrt track after yishun sapphire... that big longkang/canal should be sungei simpang... try see/find what is there within 1km radius...

http://maps.google.com/?ll=1.441825,...04104&t=h&z=18

http://www.onemap.sg/?LW:Y&wO5d:JafR...YJ_a,hcaqa_a,a

later on got people put up "white elephant" signs again...

Quote Originally Posted by anythingwhatever
    Per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...s#MRT_Stations, "NS12 is reserved for future station at Simpang."

Click on the "Simpang" link (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simpang) and it's stated that "Development is on hold until Punggol is saturated."
    Outdated liao lah! Still Simpang??

100% it will not be named as Simpang.

Don't need to provide link that was done by wikipedia team long long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Outdated liao lah! Still Simpang??

100% it will not be named as Simpang.

Don't need to provide link that was done by wikipedia team long long time ago.

haha.. should be named as Canberra ... sounds much cooler than "simpang".. dont wana link the name of station to "peter lim sim pang"..

got 4 condo projects already in progress there which will boost the usage of NS12 lo.. plus the existing YS and YE.. total of 6 condos in 2015 and also landed property there..

if still not enough justification.. then pull in the "foreign labour" dormitory just opposite..

Understand that this line will be extended to JB in future. Is it true?

very soon, LTA look into it seriously. Yishun MRT very pack.. NS12 help to dilute

Not start by 2015, I hope completed by 2015

location is on/along ns mrt track after yishun sapphire... that big longkang/canal should be sungei simpang... try see/find what is there within 1km radius...

http://maps.google.com/?ll=1.441825,...04104&t=h&z=18

http://www.onemap.sg/?LW:Y&wO5d:JafR...YJ_a,hcaqa_a,a

later on got people put up "white elephant" signs again...

I think NS 12 sure very busy by 2015, so many new development complete and new industry area...

The poll is up guys!

Cast your votes and make it known publicly that we want it built NOW!

S$500 million for Sembawang and S$600 million for Yishun without NS12 is a NO NO!.

I need a volunteer to fall off the tracks in Yishun MRT.

Any volunteers?

If you are unwilling, our government's freshly imported foreign talent and foreign workers are ready to push you off 'accidentally'.

Seriously, we just need a triggering incident to spark off the furor and everyone will rally to have NS12 built.

Look at LTA, nothing done to prevent the tracks until compulsive failure and until commuters raise their fists in anger.

In all honesty, we just need a triggering incident...... not to curse the person who will fall off the platform but if he / she does....... he/she is doing a big favour for all of us to once again...... RAISE OUR FISTS IN ANGER!

errrh, a bit violent liao..., frankly speaking r u trying to sell ur property there? :P

Not selling.... I'm asking for fairness.... the whole island is sprouting out with MRT stations and here is a place that is suppose to build an MRT station since 20 years ago and nothing done.

Have all the northern votes to the P** been in vain?

DTL not yet complete ...you guys want NS line to complete by 2015?

I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Quote Originally Posted by roly8
    DTL not yet complete ...you guys want NS line to complete by 2015?

Jokingly, are you in Singapore?

NS12 not NS Line and not TS Line. Dover Station took longer time to build due to it was being built at the road divider.

The Future TS Line station @ Woodlands near Republic Poly will be extended to JB and the existing NS Woodlands station (interchange) will also be linked just like Bishan, Serangoon & Paya Lebar.

frankly i think a lot of ppl certainly don't know the missing stations of NS12 and NS6.. haha.. it's like the blindspot which has been neglected.. only those who really need it and want it will pay attention to it..

Just went for jogging yesterday with my family along the canal that lead to Sembawang Beach.

The Authority has cleared the forest the size of abt 6 Statschippac factory. This is just the inner part of the forest. We have seen soil testing just 2 to 3 weeks ago. It wouldn't be long that the Authority will sell the land.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Understand that this line will be extended to JB in future. Is it true?
    Thomson line will be the one linked to JB.

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    frankly i think a lot of ppl certainly don't know the missing stations of NS12 and NS6.. haha.. it's like the blindspot which has been neglected.. only those who really need it and want it will pay attention to it..
    Exactly.

For others,

As mentioned in the other thread, the new road name at Sungei Kadut industrial park is called Sungei Kadut CENTRAL. This new road is along the line and got bus bay. If the needs arises, the Authority will also acquire some of the land back from factory leases for road alignment.

I need a volunteer to fall off the tracks in Yishun MRT.

Any volunteers?

If you are unwilling, our government's freshly imported foreign talent and foreign workers are ready to push you off 'accidentally'.

Seriously, we just need a triggering incident to spark off the furor and everyone will rally to have NS12 built.

Look at LTA, nothing done to prevent the tracks until compulsive failure and until commuters raise their fists in anger.

In all honesty, we just need a triggering incident...... not to curse the person who will fall off the platform but if he / she does....... he/she is doing a big favour for all of us to once again...... RAISE OUR FISTS IN ANGER!
    Frankly speaking, the over crowded issue @ Yishun MRT does not justify the building of NS12. LTA is upgrading Yishun MRT now.

The canberra / simpang area need to be developed first till there is critical mass for the MRT station.

so instead of asking for NS12, we should ask KBW what is his plan for Sembawang?

... LTA's calculation is always wrong

Northern side has been neglected. Govt seems to favor South, East, then West.