View Poll Results: [Poll] Do you want NS12 to be built by 2015?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want it built! If you are Men in White! You better do it to get my vote!

36 66.67%
  • No. I want to end my miserable life in Singapore, e.g. falling off congested MRT platforms.

10 18.52%
  • Ehhh... Seriously, I don't care because I'm an elite and I stay in CCR like the President.

8 14.81%
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by solsys
    ]Gentlemen, we have heard this kind of BS all the time from the ruling party..... plan and keep in pipeline but never happen.

I will suggest we make a stand and vote opposition next time round because they always take northerners for granted.

Look at Bukit Timah, so many MRT stations for the elite bunch.......

No negotiation for casting votes for ruling party. I have been doing so all the years but next one is for opposition unless they take NS12 seriously and announce a firm date to complete the station.

Yes, agree totally. they have taken north for granted. always voted miw. But 2016 no more miw vote for me unless N12 is built before 2016 to change it.

]Gentlemen, we have heard this kind of BS all the time from the ruling party..... plan and keep in pipeline but never happen.

I will suggest we make a stand and vote opposition next time round because they always take northerners for granted.

Look at Bukit Timah, so many MRT stations for the elite bunch.......

No negotiation for casting votes for ruling party. I have been doing so all the years but next one is for opposition unless they take NS12 seriously and announce a firm date to complete the station.

Sorry Gentlemen, still under study and ... in our pipeline!

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Punggol 2nd phase. Yishun 2nd phase & Sembwang both expanding eastward. Pasir Ris & Flora drive areas more condos + SAP, NCL ai lai liao, after ERL
    Only guess half right. Changi to Punggol, leaving international aviation hub (SAP) in the freezer. No connectivity btw north to East & CIA. Probably just another 10km or less. Tell me in 2018 masterplan, complete in 2035. Lao ye ye already.

Quote Originally Posted by sgp_condo
    Yes, agree totally. they have taken north for granted. always voted miw. But 2016 no more miw vote for me unless N12 is built before 2016 to change it.
    Yah la, sibeh sian, northe no develop, jurong and bkt timah well develop..why ha?

Quote Originally Posted by LG168
    Yah la, sibeh sian, northe no develop, jurong and bkt timah well develop..why ha?
    thats fine, are we located in opposite parties region? why isn't that any development should locate in north area especially yishun and sembawang? didn't the vote go for the PAP as well? Tmd!

Quote Originally Posted by jbete
    thats fine, are we located in opposite parties region? why isn't that any development should locate in north area especially yishun and sembawang? didn't the vote go for the PAP as well? Tmd!
    somemore.. not forgetting.. sembawang is whose ward

Just wondering, how to feedback all these positive and quality reviews to grassroots' leader or whoever related to the Northern's Minister for their actions?

Quote Originally Posted by mkmm
    Just wondering, how to feedback all these positive and quality reviews to grassroots' leader or whoever related to the Northern's Minister for their actions?
    As much as official channels are concern, we all should do our part to feedback but I'm sure the authorities are also scouring forums for citizens' feedback....

Pent up frustrations are usually released in anonymous forums........... this is the real gauge of people's sentiments on the ground that translate to votes in elections.

Everyone, please do your bit to email Mr. Khaw your wishes to have NS12 establish....... [email protected]

Anyone who has Mr. Lui, Transport Minister email, please highlight as well.

As much as official channels are concern, we all should do our part to feedback but I'm sure the authorities are also scouring forums for citizens' feedback....

Pent up frustrations are usually released in anonymous forums........... this is the real gauge of people's sentiments on the ground that translate to votes in elections.

Everyone, please do your bit to email Mr. Khaw your wishes to have NS12 establish....... [email protected]

Just emailed him!

We wish to have NS12 soonest as we can! Yishun has been overpopulated with the influx of foreigners! We wish you to address this concern as the rental is very much comfortable compared to the rest of Singapore.

MRT jammed like sandwich during the peak hour at Yishun Station!

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE VOICE?

Quote Originally Posted by jbete
    Just emailed him!

We wish to have NS12 soonest as we can! Yishun has been overpopulated with the influx of foreigners! We wish you to address this concern as the rental is very much comfortable compared to the rest of Singapore.

MRT jammed like sandwich during the peak hour at Yishun Station!

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE VOICE?
    Quality Feedback..!

Attn To Lui(I think LTA contact email will do), CC to Khaw or to Khaw , cc to Lui?

Post on their FACEBOOK.

the best of NS 12 location, Possible? power stn already there.

no lah, this is too near yishun MRT. ideal location should be in the wilderness, the new T-junction road leading to CR.

Mrt platform hoot tio 8cy MSCP lah. Further got sub-stn below.

Singapore's government said Thursday it will spend $330 million to build a network of sheltered walkways linking MRT stations to surrounding areas by 2018.
    LTA to spend S$330 million to build more covered walkways
    Getting to an MRT station without getting wet when raining will be made easier.
    From 330million, take out 10million for NS 12, I think more than enough and complete it by 2014. depend on gahmen want or dun want.

the best of NS 12 location, Possible? power stn already there.
    8 Courtyard comes with a MRT parking bay?

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    8 Courtyard comes with a MRT parking bay?
    风的声音,看到就相信。测量完成。

风的声音,看到就相信。测量完成。

haha thanks for your effort.. but why are you so confident that it's built at the 8CY?

I personally believe it's nearer to the new road built that lead to CR.. you can go calculate the length of the empty land beside the track.. it's so obvious... somemore it's just opposite of the mass land clearence and earthwork...

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127
    haha thanks for your effort.. but why are you so confident that it's built at the 8CY?

I personally believe it's nearer to the new road built that lead to CR.. you can go calculate the length of the empty land beside the track.. it's so obvious... somemore it's just opposite of the mass land clearence and earthwork...
    Hey bro xem, where have you been ? Long time never hear from you?

风的声音,看到就相信。测量完成。
    100% not possible to "cut open" the track and build a platform in the center. Train disruption for months??? How many ppl will complain?? Like i said earlier, hoot tio MSCP of 8cy. Further, there is a safety distance between track & building structure.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by xemz127

If built now, 2014 or 2015 the best place is here. it benefit for industrial park A, Chong Phang Rise, Condo & P.housing near to seletaris and housing beside the Ave 7 and Yishun St22. After 2015 may be they will consider the area near to the new road with mix development, we dun want wait for so long.

As for now, the human traffic near to the new road not so high and far away from crowd area. Built Mrt station neart to junction Ave 7 and Ave 2 is very 头痛, that why the authority consider for so long, they have to use 平台方法 overhead platform on top the Ave2.The distance from N13 to 8CY is 1.21km exactly. almost same as EW line Chinesae Garden stn to Lakside stn.

Another reason why i said that is because the only track outside Condo compound along Ave 2 is 8CY. Land already standby for future station at earlier stage unless they change the plan.
    我是读中文教育,希望大家能理解我的英文。
    有时间请去看一看8CY轨道附近的土地,不小。

I am going to guess that the station N12 will confirm before next GE. Woodleigh was built but only open 8 yrs later?(can see cannot eat)

we are talking about SMRT LTD, the first question they will ask is "can make $$ or not?" else why should i increase the operating cost?

Last time, in the concept plan, NS12 + Khatib mrt is to form a LRT line goes into Yishun Ave 7(industrial), ave6, ave1(OCC). Yishun station will be the central hub for the Yishun region. I thought this was a well planning as it do not congest the human traffic in single MRT station. However, seem like LTA not in hurry to built LRT lines for Yishun here.

To facilitate the additional LRT lines, the land between the new road and Sapphire will definitely the idea location.

Anyway, even without the LRT line, NS12 definitely for the new HDB+industrial at the empty land next to Simpang.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Hey bro xem, where have you been ? Long time never hear from you?
    haha bro888!!! still remember me har :P haha very busy on the work leh ... but i still keep myself updated about the development news lah.. jz no reply nia

If built now, 2014 or 2015 the best place is here. it benefit for industrial park A, Chong Phang Rise, Condo & P.housing near to seletaris and housing beside the Ave 7 and Yishun St22. After 2015 may be they will consider the area near to the new road with mix development, we dun want wait for so long.

As for now, the human traffic near to the new road not so high and far away from crowd area. Built Mrt station neart to junction Ave 7 and Ave 2 is very 头痛, that why the authority consider for so long, they have to use 平台方法 overhead platform on top the Ave2.The distance from N13 to 8CY is 1.21km exactly. almost same as EW line Chinesae Garden stn to Lakside stn.

Another reason why i said that is because the only track outside Condo compound along Ave 2 is 8CY. Land already standby for future station at earlier stage unless they change the plan.
    我是读中文教育,希望大家能理解我的英文。
    有时间请去看一看8CY轨道附近的土地,不小。
    no worry LG168.. understood your english and your chinese as well

if i'm the Gov.. i will look at the long term planning rather than short term plan.. if build at the 8CY the station project will be much complicated and also limited future growth.. the best ideal location to consider the future growth is the location that i mentioned previously...

NS12 could be the interchange station to serve the missing link between canberra > yishun ave1 > Seletar > punggol.. punggol>pasir ris link already in the masterplan...

Don't forget,

consider these two options:
    1. 8CY land... no more future growth... no more GLS that will generate $$
    2. CR road.. more empty lands, better for future LTA northern coastal line + justificaiton of future large land at simpang...

of course i'm just speculating :P

Quote Originally Posted by p3nboy
    I am going to guess that the station N12 will confirm before next GE. Woodleigh was built but only open 8 yrs later?(can see cannot eat)

we are talking about SMRT LTD, the first question they will ask is "can make $$ or not?" else why should i increase the operating cost?
    Yes, very high cost if built near to 8CY, major project. More easy to built at the area after YS condo(after Long Kang), but low human traffic there cannot make money. That why I think they need to consider all factor before annouce the date.

Yes, very high cost if built near to 8CY, major project. More easy to built at the area after YS condo(after Long Kang), but low human traffic there cannot make money. That why I think they need to consider all factor before annouce the date.
    got your point on the human traffic issue... what if the empty land that's undergoing clearance now will have large projects....?

there's no promise from the Gov that the NS12 will be built within 2014 or 2015... they can announce and build it few years later....

and dont forget, Circle line also opened the stations that serve ghosts only...

in short, human traffic is not the major factor yet as of now... but the future plan on the empty land and development will bring the human traffic... that's the consideration

If built after YS condo, station completed, opening date may need to delay for few more year till more development there. so that the appropriate area is near to junction there, convinience for many public housing user.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernStar
    Last time, in the concept plan, NS12 + Khatib mrt is to form a LRT line goes into Yishun Ave 7(industrial), ave6, ave1(OCC). Yishun station will be the central hub for the Yishun region. I thought this was a well planning as it do not congest the human traffic in single MRT station. However, seem like LTA not in hurry to built LRT lines for Yishun here.

To facilitate the additional LRT lines, the land between the new road and Sapphire will definitely the idea location.

Anyway, even without the LRT line, NS12 definitely for the new HDB+industrial at the empty land next to Simpang.

I think building the LRT stations around Yishun may not be easy as well... perhaps more buses to serve the Yishun residents will be more feasible and cheaper ...

and yes... NS12 should be at the empty land after Longkang which just nice fit the whole length of MRT train... I have personally measured that before already HAHA