View Poll Results: [Poll] Do you want NS12 to be built by 2015?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I want it built! If you are Men in White! You better do it to get my vote!

36 66.67%
  • No. I want to end my miserable life in Singapore, e.g. falling off congested MRT platforms.

10 18.52%
  • Ehhh... Seriously, I don't care because I'm an elite and I stay in CCR like the President.

8 14.81%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: [Poll] MRT NS12 - Do you want it built by 2015?

is north under kbw?

Quote Originally Posted by Nman
    The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has announced plans for the second phase of Punggol’s development, including a new Northshore District that will provide more seafront public housing.
    Si beh sian, North nothing to announce.
    Punggol will soon be the most crowded town. >30% more than existing Bedok population. Only 1 mrt line now. NCL by then.
    We can also make use of /enjoy the facilities there traveling via Seletar North Link which will take abt 10mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    is north under kbw?
    mbt done so much for his ward. Out..

kbw doing otherwise. In/out ??

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    mbt done so much for his ward. Out..

kbw doing otherwise. In/out ??
    At least ppl from Tampines love him..

MBT done so much at North East, Pasir Ris and Tampines there. Eye CAN SEE.
    In fact he is really good MP for that area, he really take care of the ppl there. If im resdn there for sure I will fully support him.. I not belong to any party, Im ctr man. Listen, See and Support.

At north we just hope for another simple MRT station (NS12) also difficult, wait til old liao stil not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by LG168
    At north we just hope for another simple MRT station (NS12) also difficult, wait til old liao stil not happen.

Yes!! Government finally answered our request!

They answered with Bus service 860!

Wait a minute..... we asked for NS12, they entertained us with only a bus service to the deprived north......

Bad deal! As good as no deal.

MBT 3 MRT stations, our MP got us a bus service........

see, may be buyer know MRT coming soon.

The Housing and Development Board (HDB) has announced plans for the second phase of Punggol’s development, including a new Northshore District that will provide more seafront public housing.
    Si beh sian, North nothing to announce.
    Punggol 2nd phase. Yishun 2nd phase & Sembwang both expanding eastward. Pasir Ris & Flora drive areas more condos + SAP, NCL ai lai liao, after ERL

No news for NS 12 project?

No news for NS 12 project?
    Currently, there are developments going on at both sides of the track. The time will come

With 13 different condos (7 future), landed ppty, public housing 80 blks & abt 8000 ppls working in the industrial area.

Currently, there are developments going on at both sides of the track. The time will come

With 13 different condos (7 future), landed ppty, public housing 80 blks & abt 8000 ppls working in the industrial area.
    thank you for your update, may be coming soon. Huat ah!!

Look at the votes who want the NS12 built........

The people have voiced! Now let's see if this country is really democratic........

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...248455/1/.html

Read the last sentence. Still under feasibility exploration. All hopes not lost.

The LTA is also exploring the possibility of an additional station between Sembawang and Yishun stations on the North-South Line, in anticipation of future developments in the area.

Thats why i started this thread & Bro solsys poll on this station. For this station, it only take only roughly a year to build.

looking at the new MRT lines, note that jurong is getting alot of extensions. including tengah.

but the northern region/coastal line from punggol did not extend over the yishun area.

appears that garmen is focussing on jurong region first. tengah may blossom before simpang.

may need to moderate your expectations.

At this moment, NS12 is good enough. Major lines require more ppl & developments etc. Much longer wait.

When MND announced 2nd phase for Punggol, NE line is simply not enough. Thinking that NCL will be the next one as SAP will be ready in 2018.

MND has mentioned before that Tengah & Bidadari will be developed first.
    http://www.h88.com.sg/article/Tengah...ure+New+Towns/

The LTA is also exploring the possibility of an additional station between Sembawang and Yishun stations on the North-South Line, in anticipation of future developments in the area.

Thats why i started this thread & Bro solsys poll on this station. For this station, it only take only roughly a year to build.
    Yahoo, got some people comment why LTA 2013 Master Plan never included the station between Sembawang and Yishun, I think he never read CNA, at least last sentence got mentioned

CNA last sentence WarM me up again... faster, hope by 2015 station ready for use;

Yahoo, got some people comment why LTA 2013 Master Plan never included the station between Sembawang and Yishun, I think he never read CNA, at least last sentence got mentioned
    What is Masterplan ? Major lines are the main thing and will take donkey years to come. NS12 is just a dot. Anytime can announce & build.

What is Masterplan ? Major lines are the main thing and will take donkey years to come. NS12 is just a dot. Anytime can announce & build.
    Yes you are right.. like Dover EW line. such station will do...

Singapore will double its rail network by 2030. Yahoo main page 17-1-2013

As part of the Land Transport Masterplan 2013, two new MRT lines will be built and three existing lines will be extended. This will double the current rail network from 178 km to about 360 km.

LTA said in a statement released on Thursday morning that it will build a major MRT line, the 50-km Cross Island Line (CRL), which will start from Changi and pass through Loyang, Pasir Ris, Hougang, Ang Mo Kio before reaching Sin Ming.

[SEE SLIDESHOW: SINGAPORE'S MRT NETWORK IN 2030]

Continuing westwards, it will serve areas such as Bukit Timah, Clementi, West Coast, and end at Jurong Industrial Estate.

Targeted to be completed by 2030, it will also provide commuters with another alternative for East-West travel to the current East-West Line.

In addition, it will connect to all the other major lines, complementing the existing Circle Line.

Another 20-km Jurong Region Line (JRL) will serve residents of Choa Chu Kang, Boon Lay and future developments in the Tengah area.

It will connect commuters to Jurong West areas and places such as NTU, the Jurong Industrial estate including Jurong Island, and the future Jurong Gateway.

Expected to be completed by 2025, JRL will connect the Jurong region with the rest of Singapore. Commuters in the north will be also able to enter the Jurong area directly via the JRL, without having to interchange at the heavily-used Jurong East interchange.

Expansion to existing lines

Three existing lines -- the Circle Line (CCL), Downtown Line (DTL) and North-East Line (NEL) -- will also be extended.

The CCL will close the link between HarbourFront and Marina Bay stations and save commuters the hassle of making multiple transfers. The extension, which will also pass through Keppel, is expected to be completed by 2025.

The NEL will be extended northwards by one station to serve Punggol North including the new Punggol Downtown.

The DTL will be two km longer by 2025 -- to run through the East Coast area. It will be connected to the East West Line and the Eastern Region Line, which will be ready by 2020, so that commuters can transfer between the Downtown Line and Eastern Region Line in the east.

As for the NEL, two kilometres will be added by 2030 -- in tandem with new developments in Punggol -- to serve Punggol North, including the new Punggol Downtown.

The Downtown Line, which now ends at Expo station, will be extended to the Eastern Region Line by 2025.

The LTA is also studying the addition on the North-South Line between Yishun and Sembawang stations in anticipation of future developments in the area.

LTA said it expects that by 2030, 8 in 10 households in Singapore will be within a 10-minute walk of a rail station.

faster faster start work, plan today and do it tomorrow, beh tahan liao..all residences near by, got hope liao.

Meaning will built or not?
    What a government!

Quote Originally Posted by jbete
    What a government!
    Yes, KNS...never mention about the additional station...still planning only!

What a government!
    News release, high chance it will built, i think gov also dun want us to be disappointed later.

Yr 2011- April when I purchase 8cy, developer agent told me that all agent are not allow to mention on NS12 MRT station to mislead buyer(so far no plan from lta), in the 8cy brochure stated that the nearest mrt staion is Yishun only, no future station or plan. Since LTA come out the plan today, iI think no offence if Nautical and 1 Canberra Developers reprint their brochure to promote with the new nearest MRT station.

Yr 2011- April when I purchase 8cy, developer agent told me that all agent are not allow to mention on NS12 MRT station to mislead buyer(so far no plan from lta), in the 8cy brochure stated that the nearest mrt staion is Yishun only, no future station or plan. Since LTA come out the plan today, iI think no offence if Nautical and 1 Canberra Developers reprint their brochure to promote with the new nearest MRT station.
    Government talked so much but do nothing for the north.
    Built then do it
    Whats the point to say study? Whatever!!!

Government talked so much but do nothing for the north.
    Built then do it
    Whats the point to say study? Whatever!!!
    Also disappointed LTA didn't have a pls to extend a line from punggol to the north.

]Gentlemen, we have heard this kind of BS all the time from the ruling party..... plan and keep in pipeline but never happen.

I will suggest we make a stand and vote opposition next time round because they always take northerners for granted.

Look at Bukit Timah, so many MRT stations for the elite bunch.......

No negotiation for casting votes for ruling party. I have been doing so all the years but next one is for opposition unless they take NS12 seriously and announce a firm date to complete the station.