Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101520253035 ... LastLast

Thread: ECO at Bedok South near Tanah Merah MRT (FEO)

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    I am vested in the area, hence my interest. Had 2 units in the area but sold off one unit last year to hedge my bets and also to capitalise some gains. Regretting now bcoz affected by the CMs... very unwilling to pay the 3% additional.

From what I understand, URA will only sell the commercial plot once the area has reached a critical population mass. That will happen when the 4 plots are developed... timeline 4-5 years. The commercial plot will have an underground connection to the tunnel leading to the MRT.

East of this area is Changi Business Park, they will develop hotels and the new SUTD...plenty of rental potential, fully developed in about 4 years. Only one stop by MRT.

South of this area is another possible MRT station on the ERL but this is a wild card as nobody knows where the Bedok South MRT will be... speculation is the empty plot of land beside Temasek Primary school. ECO would be quite close to it 8-10min walk... again I must stress this is speculation. Announcement of ERL in abt 2years... to be built by 2020.

Beside the canal, there is a park connector that leads to East Coast Park.

So you see, I think this area has a lot of potential, but in 2-3 years it will be all too apparent to everybody. Just my view.
    Thank you for sharing. I am also vested in this area.
    You are right about the commercial site and underground connection. I am disappointed that they are not launching the commercial site together with the one currently opened for bidding (next to Optima). Contrary to what some people think, I calculated that the commercial site is way bigger than Bedok Point and with higher plot ratio. Hope for something exciting.

Changi CityPoint has a hopeless carpark, driving people away. So a case to note for future developers of the commercial site.

Yes, the potential will be realised in 4-5 years together with Changi Business Park, SUTD, ERL and that is when investors be able to reap the benefits.

I expect ECO to be priced the same as Euhabitat, if not more, by virtue of the proximity to the MRT. As an investor, I would think this has more potential than most PC in Punggol.

Guide price:

MY MANHATTAN SIMEI STREET 3 Condominium 1 755,850 560 Strata 1,350psf Jun-12
    CASA MERAH TANAH MERAH KECHIL AVENUE Apartment 1 1,110,000 958 Strata 1,159psf Jul-12

if 2br smaller size, min 1200psf, 1br 1400psf
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj
    You are right about the commercial site and underground connection. I am disappointed that they are not launching the commercial site together with the one currently opened for bidding (next to Optima). Contrary to what some people think, I calculated that the commercial site is way bigger than Bedok Point and with higher plot ratio. Hope for something exciting.

Changi CityPoint has a hopeless carpark, driving people away. So a case to note for future developers of the commercial site.

Yes, the potential will be realised in 4-5 years together with Changi Business Park, SUTD, ERL and that is when investors be able to reap the benefits.

I expect ECO to be priced the same as Euhabitat, if not more, by virtue of the proximity to the MRT. As an investor, I would think this has more potential than most PC in Punggol.
    Agree, I also like this area with only condos and landed homes.

If the commercial site is for a shopping mall to cater to the residents there, would be great and boost prices up further.

not sure this area or jld got more potential.guess all boils down to the launch pricing.

WRT Changi City Point, an alternative would be the UE Bez Hub which is beside CHangi City Point.. where NTUC Xtra is.

But it is fast becoming popular and the parking is also hopeless... the parking is already struggling even when the tenancy is not at max capacity. I think the trend is towards less parking allocation.

I expect the parking in the Tanah Merah commercial plot to be limited, the population density around that area is going to be much higher by then and I would think the developers are expecting patrons to be on foot rather than driving.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpepperj

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    not sure this area or jld got more potential.guess all boils down to the launch pricing.
    Oh mine! Do u mean jurong lake district!?!
    Yes, condo there definitely cheaper, and for good reasons like air quality. Loads of HDB there, old and new. Mostly HDB upgraders.
    Unless u vested few years back when prices still low, otherwise.....

Ps: My family and siblings are all over jurong, include jurong west ext, jurong west st 42, boon lay, taman jurong. Ask me if I know Jurong

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Horse
    Oh mine! Do u mean jurong lake district!?!
    Yes, condo there definitely cheaper, and for good reasons like air quality. Loads of HDB there, old and new. Mostly HDB upgraders.
    Unless u vested few years back when prices still low, otherwise.....

Ps: My family and siblings are all over jurong, include jurong west ext, jurong west st 42, boon lay, taman jurong. Ask me if I know Jurong
    Ha bro why be scared when $$$ r pouring non stop into the region...

752 units, it's gonna be jam pack for this plot considering almost 1/3 of it is Townhouse + facilities! OMG!

http://riversails.wordpress.com/othe...o-bedok-south/

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    752 units, it's gonna be jam pack for this plot considering almost 1/3 of it is Townhouse + facilities! OMG!

http://riversails.wordpress.com/othe...o-bedok-south/
    Near to Mrt, so will still sell very well.

Quote Originally Posted by GSLJ
    Near to Mrt, so will still sell very well.
    Given the recent East and NorthEast parc olympia and Parc centros - this one will be a no brainer, unless developer goes the other way 'price-to-kill'... i anticipate many are watching out for this.

After heat in Parc Centros, they should launch immediately

If it is priced well, then it will sell. But I doubt so. So near to MRT and CBP. I really doubt they will price it low. Somemore not much land there already and we know Tanah Merah is like a private properties enclosure. The demand will be there one. And looking at Far East pattern, my guess is starting from 1200 to 1300. Studio will probably > 1400 easily. Say 2 bedroom 750 sq ft @ 1200 psf, only 900k. Sound reasonable. Those pasir ris condo without MRT like Livia already close to 1M for 2 bedrooms. This one 5 mins walk to MRT in a mature estate, should be a hot project.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    After heat in Parc Centros, they should launch immediately

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb
    If it is priced well, then it will sell. But I doubt so. So near to MRT and CBP. I really doubt they will price it low. Somemore not much land there already and we know Tanah Merah is like a private properties enclosure. The demand will be there one. And looking at Far East pattern, my guess is starting from 1200 to 1300. Studio will probably > 1400 easily. Say 2 bedroom 750 sq ft @ 1200 psf, only 900k. Sound reasonable. Those pasir ris condo without MRT like Livia already close to 1M for 2 bedrooms. This one 5 mins walk to MRT in a mature estate, should be a hot project.
    Siversea II ... u get what I mean

I think thats why many are looking at My Manhattan lately, no diff the price /psf is about there, and everything is nearby. Make alot of sense now.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Given the recent East and NorthEast parc olympia and Parc centros - this one will be a no brainer, unless developer goes the other way 'price-to-kill'... i anticipate many are watching out for this.
    Yes, if priced to sell this project will be hot.

But wonder if the townhouses will still sell with the additional stamp duty.

selling price will be benchmarked to Optima TOP psf minus 100

Feo price to kill is hardly surprising, considering optima alrdy doing more than 1200psf, wld they be pricing below that? Granted its not as near but feo proj are always 'superior'.

I think thats why many are looking at My Manhattan lately, no diff the price /psf is about there, and everything is nearby. Make alot of sense now.
    Manhattan wins in terms of amenities but I think D16 still have a higher price tag compared to D18?

I think minimum psf start from Optima TOP psf. Then higher floors + 200 psf. Far east pattern is like this. I won't be surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    selling price will be benchmarked to Optima TOP psf minus 100

Starting from $1300 to $1400 /psf avg, jus like wen feo launched Silverseas years ago !!!

Starting from $1300 to $1400 /psf avg, jus like wen feo launched Silverseas years ago !!!
    With 20% discount? I doubt 3bdr will be >$1300 cos that will put it in bracket of Bedok residences.

With 20% discount? I doubt 3bdr will be >$1300 cos that will put it in bracket of Bedok residences.
    The indicative I got for early bird offer after all the discounts would be around $1200psf... which means if not for the discounts, it will be around BR ball park.

I don't think it is surprising. Although BR is very well located, it is smack in the middle of HDB. Eco is still located in a nestle of private housing. This may appeal to many.

The indicative I got for early bird offer after all the discounts would be around $1200psf... which means if not for the discounts, it will be around BR ball park.

I don't think it is surprising. Although BR is very well located, it is smack in the middle of HDB. Eco is still located in a nestle of private housing. This may appeal to many.
    Wooh, after all discount means from 1200psf... More ex than archi.

I agree w what u said about the pte housing but just felt that integrated command a premium much like WT and Parc Centros?

Its indicative at this stage... I believe they are still fishing for the right pricing.... also like flying kite and testing the market before the launch.

Imagine they get you very interested first and then tell you it's $1200psf with all the discounts... you are keen but feel the pricing is abit steep though not unreasonable... then right before launch they'll tell just for you only.. early bird at an unbeatable price $1100psf... many may jump to commit. So I think it is all part of their marketing..

Will update if I get any revisions..

Wooh, after all discount means from 1200psf... More ex than archi.

I agree w what u said about the pte housing but just felt that integrated command a premium much like WT and Parc Centros?

1200psf indicative for 2br n abv?

This location no way FEO will price below 1k psf.

So probably around 1k-1.2k psf during early preview. If take up is good slowly increase to 1.5k psf similar to WT.

How did you manage a 5 mins walk to MRT? Took me at least 10mins. If wan near MRT probably shld get Optima or Casa Merah. Strange that part of the land enclosed is on very high slope.

It is a guess. I don't know. Maybe 10 mins? Different people, different speed also.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    How did you manage a 5 mins walk to MRT? Took me at least 10mins. If wan near MRT probably shld get Optima or Casa Merah. Strange that part of the land enclosed is on very high slope.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Assuming there is a side gate nearest to new upper changi rd, it will be less than 10min, that's my norm walking speed.

Saw this being put up by one of the agent and was also read somewhere it will be like mini garden by the bay. The pic of vertical Eco garden is likely to be where the slope behind the town houses gonna be, so it give u a idea of the proj.

http://www.ecobedoksouth.net/p/design-concept.html

From the material abv, it doesn't look like my cup of tea, a bit too 'green' the concept. Maybe if I wear No 4, can blend in nicely. Definitely not GBTB, but more like Hortpark concept...