Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Parc Centros - Punggol Central (D19, 99 years LH, Wee Hur)

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    The showflat looks ugly & rooms look v small (haiz. all new condos like that). What hideous striped-wood laminate?

I guess biggest "worry" about investing in Punggol is the (i) mega supply coming up, (ii) too many ECs which usually bring down

Having said that, I think for own stay is not a bad place lah. Who knows maybe the Punggol 21 dream might materialise and Punggol becomes "the place" to be...
    But with such large young working population that can afford 330k hdb, what is the future potential. Many would want to upgrade. Where to upgrade ?

But the way Punggol and pasir ris has the highest household income in the subsurb.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan
    Was thinking stack 12 might b hard to sell due to its facing the cross road junction, low floor and subject to noisy vehicles, dust.
    no worries, there are buyers only care price and location

I think this is a good project, near to amenities and really convenient.

Guess mostly upgraders buying for own stay, as seen by bigger units being snapped up.

With potiential for upside if you benchmark against WT prices.

Congrats to all PC owners.

I have recieved a SMS from an agent, quoting one Penthouse unit 4 rooms pool facing selling 1.9million SGD.

Don't worry, MAS reviewing SIBOR .... normally banks will rig it higher ... so a few months down the road SIBOR could be 0.1%
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Don't worry, MAS reviewing SIBOR .... normally banks will rig it higher ... so a few months down the road SIBOR could be 0.1%
    http://wallstreetonparade.com/2012/0...etary-trading/
    According to prosecutors, from at least the financial crisis in 2008 and years thereafter, Libor was rigged lower. This caused municipalities and schools to receive many billions less than they should have in interest payments. That may have forced unnecessary layoffs, school closings, and cutbacks in public services. It may have also forced municipalities to raise property taxes or other taxes to compensate for the shortfall.

Singapore equivalent is SIBOR rigged lower, to show financial system is sound.
    so after investigation, SIBOR will be higher.

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    http://wallstreetonparade.com/2012/0...etary-trading/
    According to prosecutors, from at least the financial crisis in 2008 and years thereafter, Libor was rigged lower. This caused municipalities and schools to receive many billions less than they should have in interest payments. That may have forced unnecessary layoffs, school closings, and cutbacks in public services. It may have also forced municipalities to raise property taxes or other taxes to compensate for the shortfall.

Singapore equivalent is SIBOR rigged lower, to show financial system is sound.
    so after investigation, SIBOR will be higher.

What do you think?

My current company policy is staff loan will be based fixed with floating Sibor + SOR combo.

I am starting to worry that Sibor might raise.

Quote Originally Posted by yowetan
    My current company policy is staff loan will be based fixed with floating Sibor + SOR combo.

I am starting to worry that Sibor might raise.
    With record low interest rates, a new class of buyers has emerged. They are the group who can afford the lower monthly payments due the low interest rates. However, should interest rate move north, they will certainly be in trouble.

I have recieved a SMS from an agent, quoting one Penthouse unit 4 rooms pool facing selling 1.9million SGD.
    Wow, that's not cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    With record low interest rates, a new class of buyers has emerged. They are the group who can afford the lower monthly payments due the low interest rates. However, should interest rate move north, they will certainly be in trouble.
    that is what 50 years loan are for...lower income people who wants to show off their private condo and in return willing to work until they die, with little capital asset gain to show for their years of working

show off the condo can leow...

16th floor ph face the pool for fug *facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by aang1971
    that is what 50 years loan are for...lower income people who wants to show off their private condo and in return willing to work until they die, with little capital asset gain to show for their years of working

show off the condo can leow...
    50yrs loan are for the financial savvy. Low cost financing. It is easy to get 7% to 8% from high yield dividend stocks n REITS.

Quote Originally Posted by rabid
    16th floor ph face the pool for fug *facepalm
    Absolutely right
    I have never bought a condo unit that face pool, always wonder what's the fuss. Face pool means face inwards look into neighbors unit, plus noise from pool.

Quote Originally Posted by ulrich76
    Absolutely right
    I have never bought a condo unit that face pool, always wonder what's the fuss. Face pool means face inwards look into neighbors unit, plus noise from pool.
    i actually do like pool units in places where there is no view. but pool units has to be low floor to maximise the 'pooliness'. pes units near the pool are actually quite nice, provided its not the main pool.

high floor units to me, are good in only very selected places in spore- those with truly unblocked city or sea views only.

i actually do like pool units in places where there is no view. but pool units has to be low floor to maximise the 'pooliness'. pes units near the pool are actually quite nice, provided its not the main pool.

high floor units to me, are good in only very selected places in spore- those with truly unblocked city or sea views only.

agree. haa ..'pooliness' i like the term. high floor facing pool - it will just look like a puddle by the street to you.

PES by main pools wil be quite noisy i suppose esp when the kids are invading the pools in droves, parents shouting for them not to go too deep blah blah blah.

i think high floor with unblocked views (non main road facing) are good enough for me, nowadays condos are built so close to one another (check out pasir ris!!) and to buildings, HDB that its getting harder to get unblocked view.

Any updates on Parc Centros? Are the units already snap up?

The only factor that this project do well is the close proximity to mrt.

However,this project is surrounded by Hdb and not forgetting its in PUNGGOL...a nono land

Ive better vesting interest else where

The only factor that this project do well is the close proximity to mrt.

However,this project is surrounded by Hdb and not forgetting its in PUNGGOL...a nono land

Ive better vesting interest else where
    Isn't close to public transport, amenities and affordable the most impt aspects when choosing a home? What else are u looking at?
    U hv vesting interest elsewhere? Care to share?

Care to share? [/quote]

sure, anywhere else but "Pungkang"

Care to share?

sure, anywhere else but "Pungkang"[/QUOTE]

For a moment I thought u r some kinda expert... But...Nvm its ok.

Yes being close proximity to MRT (Plus other future amenities like Watertown shopping mall) is a very strong factor. Another strong factor is that the psf of Parc Centros is relatively low for a PC close to the MRT.

Those who bought Parc Centros are likely to be HDB upgraders from surrounding areas and bought for own stay (sales of the bigger units are much better than the smaller units if I am not mistaken). To them, living in the Punggol area and a project surrounded by HDB is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Yes being close proximity to MRT (Plus other future amenities like Watertown shopping mall) is a very strong factor. Another strong factor is that the psf of Parc Centros is relatively low for a PC close to the MRT.

Those who bought Parc Centros are likely to be HDB upgraders from surrounding areas and bought for own stay (sales of the bigger units are much better than the smaller units if I am not mistaken). To them, living in the Punggol area and a project surrounded by HDB is not a problem.
    Fair comment.
    This is prob the only dev that sells below 1k psf that is very near mrt and so many amenities.
    The biggest flaw is the upcoming population in punggol.
    Reminds me of tampines.

Any updates on Parc Centros? Are the units already snap up?
    last update 2 days back- over 540 units sold. premium stacks remain unreleased. but apparently cheques have been submittted.

for the naysayers-
    500 over others and the thousands who showed up but din get their choice units must be wrong. MND is wrong too. all the vested punggolites are all wrong. u just stay and watch how right u are

Fair comment.
    This is prob the only dev that sells below 1k psf that is very near mrt and so many amenities.
    The biggest flaw is the upcoming population in punggol.
    Reminds me of tampines.

and the associated traffic squeeze, maybe rush for amenities. but we can count on the MIW to sort this out come 2015/16

last update 2 days back- over 540 units sold. premium stacks remain unreleased. but apparently cheques have been submittted.

for the naysayers-
    500 over others and the thousands who showed up but din get their choice units must be wrong. MND is wrong too. all the vested punggolites are all wrong. u just stay and watch how right u are
    Hey which unit type u bought?
    I went there and there was not much 2,3,4 bedder left.
    Only left 1 or 2 units from grd floor.

for the naysayers-
    Sorry double post

and the associated traffic squeeze, maybe rush for amenities. but we can count on the MIW to sort this out come 2015/16
    Buying a home is about convenience before talking about upsides. You will never go wrong with amenities sitting besides it. Congrats if u are vested.
    I go Olympia, see the location sian 1/2 already. Can't even walk to bus stops. but I like Olympia's theme and space though.

for the naysayers-
    Stack 22 4 bedder developer die die still don't want to release despite many cheques were offered. Some even willing to pay much higher.
    Heard developer is going to reserve that stack but can't cfm.

Buying a home is about convenience before talking about upsides. You will never go wrong with amenities sitting besides it. Congrats if u are vested.
    I go Olympia, see the location sian 1/2 already. Can't even walk to bus stops. but I like Olympia's theme and space though.
    i am a firm believer that there is no lousy or crap property in sg. as with everything else, every dev comes with its good and bad points. everything else being equal, having the right price tag will snare the buyers

as for stack 22, pls check the layout. one bedroom is facing tue stairwell with windows opening into the aircon ledge, everything else is good though. u are better off looking at stack 6 for 4 br or stack 10 for 3 br premium

i am a firm believer that there is no lousy or crap property in sg. as with everything else, every dev comes with its good and bad points. everything else being equal, having the right price tag will snare the buyers

as for stack 22, pls check the layout. one bedroom is facing tue stairwell with windows opening into the aircon ledge, everything else is good though. u are better off looking at stack 6 for 4 br or stack 10 for 3 br premium
    Which unit type u bought? I'm seriously considering this project.