Thread: Grandeur 8 (D20, 99-year leasehold, NTUC Choice Homes Co-operative Limited)

Intrepid Explorer 2.0 Guest

Default Grandeur 8 (D20, 99-year leasehold, NTUC Choice Homes Co-operative Limited)

Rendering from developer:

The real thing:

Last edited by Intrepid Explorer 2.0; 30-08-06 at 00:45.

Fowler Guest

Default Re: Grandeur 8 (D20, 99-year leasehold, NTUC Choice Homes Co-operative Limited)

i think it jsut simply over-priced, after teh NTUC and the bus interchanged shifted, basically, u are like living in the middle of desert.

toh32 Guest

Default Re: Grandeur 8 (D20, 99-year leasehold, NTUC Choice Homes Co-operative Limited)

Anyone know avg PSF? Is that a EC? Seems like lacking on the landscape cos quite bare from the outside.

G8 Guest

From the URA caveats i calculated it should be around $490 to $500 psf. Compared to Bishan, this is cheap.

The immediate location is not bad. Near AMK MRT, big NTUC supermarket, and i think there is a shopping mall being built nearby.

Landscaping is quite ok if you go inside. From the outside can't see much.

G8 Guest

No it is not an EC.

toh32 Guest

Thanks G8 for your reply. Read the news recently...people selling off for a profit already!!! Not too bad for a suburban condo. But how many units left now? What is price difference compare to 2004?

Unregistered Guest

Whatever it is, people who made a profit from this bought it cheap.

If you were to buy this condo at today's prices, and still hope to make a profit, GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

Most new properties bought in 2004 should be able to make some decent profit.

Quote Originally Posted by toh32
    Thanks G8 for your reply. Read the news recently...people selling off for a profit already!!! Not too bad for a suburban condo. But how many units left now? What is price difference compare to 2004?

Unregistered Guest

I just came back from looking at this development. Nyet! Nyet! Nyet! Looks like HDB with balconies. Also, the old bus depot has been moved, so if you don't drive, you have to trek 15 or so minutes in the hot sun to Ang Mo Kio Central for the MRT and/or bus.

Good luck folks if you're looking for a resale. I'll save my precious few dollars and peddle them somewhere else.

Unregistered Guest

It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
    What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.

If it is a freehold property, because there is no lease limitation, a buyer can arrange for a long loan.
    If it is a leasehold project, buyer cannot get a long loan esp if the project is aging.
    Therefore a freehold project has potentially a bigger demand.
    Is my reasoning flawed?

UnregĄstered Guest

Go find out which bungalow in Ang Mo Kio she is staying in leh.

Quote Originally Posted by 我报

Beware misplaced pride
    Chia HanKeong
    我报
    Wednesday, 12 November 2008

I should be so proud. A world-renowned Singaporean is living in my housing estate.

Yes, Gong Li - star of movie classics like Raise The Red Lantern and To Live - has decided to become a Singaporean and live in Ang Mo Kio.

It should have been good news. Instead, I was bombarded with news that her reputation has been besmirched by vile abuse, and that she has been called a "fake", a "traitor" and even a "slut".

You see, she hails from China - that illustrious country with a rich, long history that is eager to re-establish itself as a world superpower.

Its rapid economic progress and success have made its citizens mightily proud of the nation, and rightly so.

But come on. Renouncing her original nationality doesn't make her a traitor, much less a slut, as some Chinese netizens have labelled Gong Li.

Firstly, being an actress, she isn't likely to divulge Chinese state secrets to Singapore.

Secondly, she has a Singaporean husband. Surely she cannot be called a slut if she decides to devote more time to her husband?

Thirdly, her past achievements will not be attributed to Singapore. Red Sorghum will still be recognised as a Chinese film classic starring Chinese actors.

Why the insecurity?

When I was covering the Olympics in Beijing, I could feel the immense nationalistic pride flowing through the Chinese citizens.

It was invigorating to see their beaming faces as they witnessed their great success in hosting the Games. Yet, some of them may have taken this pride a little too far.

For example, hurdler Liu Xiang's unfortunate withdrawal from his Olympic event due to injury drew insults from netizens, with some calling him "the shame of China".

In a more extreme instance, an innocuous American cartoon flick like Kung Fu Panda was deemed to have "robbed China of its cultural identity", just because the lead character is a panda who loves gongfu.

It seems like everything must fit into these critics' narrow view of what constitutes a "true-blue Chinese" identity. Any association with a foreign country is deemed traitorous.

What they should realise is that, in this cosmopolitan world, such old-fashioned fanning of nationalistic flames serves to highlight only their immaturity.

Thankfully, many other Chinese netizens saw through these critics' foolishness, and have taken them to task over their incendiary comments.

Yes, Gong Li is Singaporean, but only on her pink IC.

Her acting achievements remain, undeniably, a product of Chinese cinema.

The sooner those knee-jerk critics can come to terms with that, the better they can fit into the global society that China will inevitably find itself in as its economy progresses.

Grow up, and fit in.

Gong Li Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Go find out which bungalow in Ang Mo Kio she is staying in leh.
    I am living in Grandeur 8 not bungalow. Come visit me at Grandeur 8.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Gong Li
    Wah! You dare to "fake" Gong Li!

Wait her rich husband "hunt" you down.
    His bungalow is near Grandur 8.

Any one has the breakdown of the units distribution for this development?

Type of Development: Condominium
    Tenure: 99 years
    District: 20
    Year of Completion: 2005
    No. of units: 579
    Developer: NTUC CHOICE HOMES CO-OPERATIVE LIMITED
    Units sizes:
    Penthouse: 2,099 to 2,314 sq ft, sq ft (?)
    2 Bedrooms + study: 1,109 to 1,130 sq ft (?)
    3 Bedrooms + study: 1,195 to 1,324 sq ft (?)
    4 Bedrooms: 1,389 to 1,453 sq ft (?)

Quote Originally Posted by Gong Li
    Haha.
    Gong li = gong kia

With the less than desired take up rate at Centro... Grandeur 8 folks who dreamt (or still dreaming) that Centro would push up its current price are in for a disappointment. Nothing of that sort will happen now. Especially those who bought before Oct 08, before the Lehman collapse. However, the initial batch of owners would still be able to make a decent profit.

If Centro not selling well.... it will become a 'rental condo', more rental supply there.
    Next, the rental demand will be absorbed by Centro if the rental fees are reasonable, especially in range of $2k to $2.5k. When that comes... Grandeur 8 would have a harder time to find tenants. Though still possible, asking price would be soft. Plus a aging condo on a L99 year old lease...
    What would happen to its price in future?

Default Wow.... good deal leh..

8 Ang Mo Kio Central 3 #18-XX
    99 Yrs From 16/07/2002
    $516
    $850k
    24 Jun 09