Page 13 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617182328333843 ... LastLast

Thread: Skies Miltonia @ Miltonia Close- 99 Years By TG Development

A fengshui master also bought unit at skies as well.
    Hope Fengshui works!
    Can see govt wants to develop yishun area to place the school there.

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    A fengshui master also bought unit at skies as well.
    Hope Fengshui works!
    Can see govt wants to develop yishun area to place the school there.
    Got skies, Got land, Got water.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro888
    Got skies, Got land, Got water.
    No mountain

Must be flowing and not stagnant water.

flowing water like this?

http://www.onecanberra-sg.com/

The golden rule of property investment. Location location location.

When the correction comes, no one will be spared. But some will come to realise when all the hype dies the property is actually located in a ulu outskirt with little or no amentities but bought at a ridiculously high price.

This boom cycle is unique because of run away HDB prices, which spill over to mass market condo. This run will eventually end at some point and return to normal. Ulu place, low price. Nothing wrong with staying in outskirt. Its just the price you pay should reflect this.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47

When the correction comes, no one will be spared. But some will come to realise when all the hype dies the property is actually located in a ulu outskirt with little or no amentities but bought at a ridiculously high price.

This boom cycle is unique because of run away HDB prices, which spill over to mass market condo. This run will eventually end at some point and return to normal. Ulu place, low price. Nothing wrong with staying in outskirt. Its just the price you pay should reflect this.
    SM may has stunning views but no amenities nearby...for the expats who are renting, views may be last of their concerns since they come back late when all is dark (usually they chill out after work) and just want a place that is easily accessible and close to shops for their daily necessities. Besides from where they come from, they have plenty of superior scenic places.

SM more likely to cater to Singaporeans whose kids have grown up and want a place with a more relaxing lifestyle
    I am rich in debts...

The true value of the location. Buy Lilydale.

Its turning 10 yrs next year and is open to foreigners. Price? less than 700psf.

skies is super overpriced if for own stay as retirement home

for investment and rental, SUPER UNTESTED

A place like SM is perfect for staying especially during retirement but provided can still drive a car, as it is far from anything. I will definitely not buy it for investment rental income as the risk is just too high especially at such lofty prices. Rental will be worst hit for locations like SM in any downturn.

Watertown > $1600psf
    Centro Res @ AMK > $1700psf
    The Centris @ JP with full of FW also closed to $1200psf
    Caspian 10-15m away from mrt track also closed to $1200psf

1 fren of mine bought a unit at The Centris during launch, i said far from everywhere except industries. wat ulu? Only ama keng & Changi village considered ulu. Pasir ris ulu?

with another 80k to 100k population coming in, more things will come in terms of infrastructure & amenities.

In investment, not only location, timing, space and govt are equally important.

I got it right in timing for my non-ocr ppts (gain much from it), but without the space for new group of ppl to come in, new things wldn't come in, which govt also wldn't pump in more $$$. Now prices have been horizontal straight line for the past 2/3 yrs. This will also happen to 8RS.

The true value of the location. Buy Lilydale.

Its turning 10 yrs next year and is open to foreigners. Price? less than 700psf.
    know why? bcos far from mrt and its neighbour the Canopy EC is selling brand new at 6xx-7xx psf.

Quote Originally Posted by nav14
    A place like SM is perfect for staying especially during retirement but provided can still drive a car, as it is far from anything. I will definitely not buy it for investment rental income as the risk is just too high especially at such lofty prices. Rental will be worst hit for locations like SM in any downturn.
    If there is a econ. crisis, the most affected area will be D12-D16, esp. Katong Regency. I do believe that ppl buy SM are less aggressive type with holding power.

If there is a econ. crisis, the most affected area will be D12-D16, esp. Katong Regency. I do believe that ppl buy SM are less aggressive type with holding power.
    Assuming all have equal holding power, in a downturn the closer it is to the city the more easier it will be to rent out eventhough the rent will be lower. For a location like SM it may take you 6mths to rent out even at a lower rent.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    skies is super overpriced if for own stay as retirement home

for investment and rental, SUPER UNTESTED
    I would considered watertown > $1600psf and Centro Res. > $1700 as super overpriced instead surrounded by HDB flats . $1200-$1300psf still ok with exclusiveness among pte estate with priceless view.

HDB already $1mio liao. wat can u expect?

Assuming all have equal holding power, in a downturn the closer it is to the city the more easier it will be to rent out eventhough the rent will be lower. For a location like SM it may take you 6mths to rent out even at a lower rent.
    Can refer to the watertown thread ? Paiseh hor. Bcoz they are same, otherwise i hv to cut & paste like mr b.

Bro Xan will know better.

This international school (first major step) is very important. Just like childcare ctr for many sporean.

Got 1 ang moh frenz stays at springleaf but has to bring his children to Stanford American school. He will be shifting soon. Also few ang moh & jap neighbours...have to talk to them

I would considered watertown > $1600psf and Centro Res. > $1700 as super overpriced instead surrounded by HDB flats . $1200-$1300psf still ok with exclusiveness among pte estate with priceless view.

HDB already $1mio liao. wat can u expect?
    For 1200psf -1300psf I rather buy 8 Riversuites. Surroundings quite sterile but location way better for same price. Much easier to rent if decide to do so and at a better yield. Pay a bit more at 1400psf for upper floors and the view is no less inferior to SM , just that it is replaced with city view instead of reservoir veiw.

For 1200psf -1300psf I rather buy 8 Riversuites. Surroundings quite sterile but location way better for same price. Much easier to rent if decide to do so and at a better yield. Pay a bit more at 1400psf for upper floors and the view is no less inferior to SM , just that it is replaced with city view instead of reservoir veiw.
    Location is individual. Probably they live, work & play (or parents staying) there. Any other locations is considered far. Not everything is about money lah, bro.

Ppl may like more green & blue instead of white & grey.

Exactly, green & blue is disappearing by the day. You might have to pay(happening now) to see the greens in the future.

Haha, Everyone has their own preference.
    I bought the smallest 3 bedder at 1.2 million but not a bit worried.
    I have seen the furnishings and everything is in my expectations.

I don't think skies is overpriced, shall see for future launches in yishun.
    Anyway I do know sky habitat is real overpriced selling at 1700-1800 and sales are very worrying.

Location is individual. Probably they live, work & play (or parents staying) there. Any other locations is considered far. Not everything is about money lah, bro.

I just hope more people will think that way and pay much higher for views. Higher the better - maybe 1500psf. It will just help to push the price of my old unit located near there which enjoys an even better view than any unit in SM.

I just hope more people will think that way and pay much higher for views. Higher the better - maybe 1500psf. It will just help to push the price of my old unit located near there which enjoys an even better view than any unit in SM.
    Old unit??? Orchid park condo along yishun st 81?

Orchid Park condo?

Old unit??? Orchid park condo along yishun st 81?
    haha....nice one.

Good luck on that!
    Even if the area property prices are low, no one will release at low prices.
    And besides this is more pricey, loans are higher so they do expect do let go at higher price.
    We are not just talking bout the Golf course view and reservoir but pool view as well.
    I have confidence in this as the developer did do some bungalows at Sentosa Cove.

Quote Originally Posted by jacelynchia
    Haha, Everyone has their own preference.
    I bought the smallest 3 bedder at 1.2 million but not a bit worried.
    I have seen the furnishings and everything is in my expectations.

I don't think skies is overpriced, shall see for future launches in yishun.
    Anyway I do know sky habitat is real overpriced selling at 1700-1800 and sales are very worrying.
    whats the size ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    whats the size ?
    3 bedder 969sqft

969sq ft, either stack 23 or 25 high floor. tio bo?

rite. Did you buy a unit there as well?