Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single buying flat from HDB

Default Single buying flat from HDB

How is this going to impact the private property market?

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    Singles who are aspiring to buy suburbia MM to stay may be swayed to new public housing option. Anyway, eligibility and criteria not clear yet but can see that targeting Singles and MM issues.

Beginning from the cheapest housing available in Singapore, if singles are allowed to buy BTOs, our govt has just unleashed a group of buyers who previously only qualify for private housing and resale HDB. However I doubt the significance of its impact.

I suspect if this group constitute about 20% of adults, and assuming that some 15% were already actively buying resale and PCs with only 5% not buying for various reasons including affordability, the impact of this change will not be significant to shift the property market trends. HDB prices may not fall but it certainly will not climb much too as a result.

My view is this will increase hdb demand which will sustain its prices and good for private condo..

MM targeted now. Will shift demand..

not fair for citizens who married foreigners ... they will scream now

and very gay friendly ... where is carbuncle?

and demand for MM / studio will drop for sure ... BTO is subsidized leh ... especially BTOs at RCR
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Details of the change is not out yet... Wait for MND to reveal more. In the mean time, we can just speculate and comment assuming the law is passed w/o restrictions or conditions for these singles... Lol!

Singles staying with parents will want to buy their own place.

This will generate additional demand

I always feel MM is a different comparison, you can rent your MM but not your HDB..

Single buying will not happen soon I feel, they need to clear the first timer queue and maybe 2nd timer queue.. Whatever it is It means hDB demand will be sustained and price will be supported and overall should be good for private condo

no diff to me as doubt they will allow singles with private homes under their name.

Singles, as in unmarried persons who are 35 years or older?
    I wonder what is the percentage of these who are earning 10K and below to qualify for BTO?
    Or should they set the criteria to those earning less than 5k then can buy cos in this case, only 1 person buying and not a couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Poloclub
    I a bit suaku, news from where ?
    I m MM

Singles wait long long. Queue up behind couples with young kids first. Talk only ba at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Singles wait long long. Queue up behind couples with young kids first. Talk only ba at this stage.
    will be tough to get RCR BTOs or those near MRTs I guess ...

Oh dear, looks like studio and 1 bedder are being targeted. No wonder 1 bedder of Parc centros are the ones left unsold.

That's why I said property market going forward is dead as MM/studio market CM will be announced by Khaw soon

IT will also remove demand for 3r/4r HDB in resale market, big blow to capital appreciation potential of HDB resale unit

once MM is dead, no meaningful capital again anymore ... I think I will quit soon ... more money will shift into bonds/stocks

can get BTO buay pai liao. if still wanna choose near mrt or central can forget it man. expect the income ceiling set at 5k.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    can get BTO buay pai liao. if still wanna choose near mrt or central can forget it man. expect the income ceiling set at 5k.
    hmmm ... how they prevent fresh graduates chiong to apply hah? like dat next time BTO 3r HDB subscription will be at least 20x

also how to prevent single from monetizing it ... I can say go oversea study immediately (or go backpacking for a few years relying on rental of new BTO flat he heh heheh)

most BTO are oversubscribed today by non singles anyway. except those super ulu one... unless the govt allocation a certain percent of each launch to singles, unlikely will ever see takeup nor even have any chance...

HDB will always cater to lowest rung. if can study overseas or go tour, don't need govt help.

hello my dear friends there are many singles in sg who probably will not want to buy HDB because they prefer private property lifestyle.....so to me it's minimal impact.

Maybe singles below age 35 can only apply for those hdb studios with 30 yrs lease one. Use to be meant for those 55yrs or older folks.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p....t?OpenDocument

and fresh graduate at age 35? lol. doubt they will change the age limit.

i think there will be many caveats...like if you are single and want to buy HDB, you need to have MOP of 10 years maybe? only applicable for those buying for own stay rather than as an investment vehicle.

MOP is really bullshit ... if you go overseas, you can always rent it out ... those who hits jackpot with Duxton is the best

those who own private pty can buy?

I guess this scheme is meant to help lower income singles to own a flat and feel better as a Singaporean.
    I think age 35 limit will remain and there will be restriction to max size of a 2 room flat for bto and some kind of income limit.

A 2 room flat of 47sqm costs $99,000 - $121,000 in CCK Keat Hong Axis bto and $104,000 - $130,000 in Punggol Opal bto. Perfect pricing and size for a low income single around 35yrs old to have a place of his or her own. They cannot afford any of the current resale flat anyway.

Last edited by azeoprop; 26-08-12 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    I a bit suaku, news from where ?
    Even singles can look forward to something. Mr Lee said the Ministry of National Development is looking into whether singles will be eligible to buy flats directly from the Housing and Development Board.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...222260/1/.html

Quote Originally Posted by august
    those who own private pty can buy?
    +1 like

HDB Build EC when PC is getting too hot.

Now look like MM is getting too hot, Single can buy BTO to reduce the heat.

Actually the layout of the HDB 2 room flat 47sqm is much better than many MM out there.