Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: D15- The next Super Prime

I extracted the recent transacted prices of Coralis, the units are smaller, but asking price on psf is about the same as The Seaview, but the one bedroom at The Seaview is bigger. Quantum is about $1m.
    530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495

$833k $1,682 Aug 31, 2012

530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495 $845k

$1,707 Apr 10, 2012

The rental return at The Seaview should be better due to the facilities and space.
    I prefer The Seaview. Once the MRT works start, it will be worst at Coralis, traffic is also worst at the junction

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    What is the purpose of the buy? investment?
    Yes investment. interestingly I understand the rental further in like tembeling and futher in the joo chiat side the rental is relatively low compared to nearby studio apartments in one amber and seaview. I understand the rental for studios at one amber and seaview is more than 3k+, whereas tembeling side is only 2k +. I wonder what will be rental for coralis..

I extracted the recent transacted prices of Coralis, the units are smaller, but asking price on psf is about the same as The Seaview, but the one bedroom at The Seaview is bigger. Quantum is about $1m.
    530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495

$833k $1,682 Aug 31, 2012

530 Joo Chiat Road #XX-01 495 $845k

$1,707 Apr 10, 2012

The rental return at The Seaview should be better due to the facilities and space.
    I prefer The Seaview. Once the MRT works start, it will be worst at Coralis, traffic is also worst at the junction
    I prefer The Seaview for sure. But I understand the asking for a high floor studio is $1.2mil

Quote Originally Posted by coolview
    I prefer The Seaview for sure. But I understand the asking for a high floor studio is $1.2mil
    omg, i tot it was at $1m
    I am still waiting to buy there...1km within TNS

omg, i tot it was at $1m
    I am still waiting to buy there...1km within TNS
    actually it was rather recent. A few months ago I was hesistant to offer a high floor unit at $1.05 (nego) and the next moment I know a lower floor unit transacted at $1.1mil

The old cinema
    Oh ok, thanks!

Since the ERL will be an underground line, the MP station most likely will not require so much surface space for the main entrance.

Hope they redevelop the old cinema (heck, in fact the whole MP central) into some multifunctional centre integrating the MRT station.

Once Coralis is up, along with PSB, Seaview, The Shore......all the newer super dense (read maximized land utilization and buildup) condos will contribute to the traffic snarl in the whole MP/Joo Chiat/Katong area.

Both Joo Chiat Road and East Coast Road are effectively just single lane traffic roads thanks to the road side parking, proliferant illegal parking/waiting, cars lining up to enter I12. Having conserved buildings along both sides of the roads means there is very little leeway in road expansion.

Default ERL - will it damage homes?

With a whole stretch of private landed homes along the ERL, owners gotta prepare themselves for what residents at watten estate went through:

Quote Originally Posted by vratenza
    Once Coralis is up, along with PSB, Seaview, The Shore......all the newer super dense (read maximized land utilization and buildup) condos will contribute to the traffic snarl in the whole MP/Joo Chiat/Katong area.

Both Joo Chiat Road and East Coast Road are effectively just single lane traffic roads thanks to the road side parking, proliferant illegal parking/waiting, cars lining up to enter I12. Having conserved buildings along both sides of the roads means there is very little leeway in road expansion.

in my personal humble opinion, the whole of east coast road can be closed and traffic direct to Marine Parade Road. dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.

Quote Originally Posted by blackjack21trader
    in my personal humble opinion, the whole of east coast road can be closed and traffic direct to Marine Parade Road. dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.
    Might be a great idea... Driving thru it eash time is painful in either direction. Would be nice if they make the katong part of East Coast rd into some kind of pedestrian walkway (like Shanghai's East Nanjing rd, but 10000 times more hap) + multi-storey parking

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Might be a great idea... Driving thru it eash time is painful in either direction. Would be nice if they make the katong part of East Coast rd into some kind of pedestrian walkway (like Shanghai's East Nanjing rd, but 10000 times more hap) + multi-storey parking
    wow ... u are a genius ! that is even a better idea..hope Ah Khaw can seriously consider this.

dun forget, the reclaimed land is up till I12. just a suggestion from my third eye, dun flame or accuse me of anything hor.
    I always thought or heard that the former shoreline is the green belt between mercury/PSB/church and the Marine Parade road??

Because of the sea wall that was built along former shoreline, that's the reason why they cannot pile right into the belt... That explains the absence of buildings along that stretch.... Not because the govt is so environmentally friendly to give the area a "green lung".

That also is one main reason why the engineering studies are taking so long... Because the tunneling have to cross these sea walls along certain stretches. The actual reclaimed area is a lesser problem. If parkway parade and hdb point blocks can be built and remain stable for the last 40 yrs or so... Tunneling should not pose that much of a problem given their experience w marina/Nicoll highway area.

Quote Originally Posted by vratenza
    I always thought or heard that the former shoreline is the green belt between mercury/PSB/church and the Marine Parade road??

Because of the sea wall that was built along former shoreline, that's the reason why they cannot pile right into the belt... That explains the absence of buildings along that stretch.... Not because the govt is so environmentally friendly to give the area a "green lung".

That also is one main reason why the engineering studies are taking so long... Because the tunneling have to cross these sea walls along certain stretches. The actual reclaimed area is a lesser problem. If parkway parade and hdb point blocks can be built and remain stable for the last 40 yrs or so... Tunneling should not pose that much of a problem given their experience w marina/Nicoll highway area.

I am no engineer, just making a wild suggestion. Your explanation is very logical and I agree with you.

Do share with us more for us all to advance our knowledge, brother ! ( you only made 4 posts so far leh )

Maybe east coast road and marine parade road will become one-way street. Just like Geylang and Sims ave

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan0503
    Maybe east coast road and marine parade road will become one-way street. Just like Geylang and Sims ave
    you guys are genius or your diet is different from mine? that is a brilliant idea !

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    No wonder GeylangOKT back in the forum lol
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

you guys are genius or your diet is different from mine? that is a brilliant idea !
    I was just thinking since the area is already so built-up, there is no way to expand the streets. So to improve traffic flow with the increase in amenities and population, one-way street would be a viable option. Probably the stretch of east coast road from katong shopping centre to still road

I was just thinking since the area is already so built-up, there is no way to expand the streets. So to improve traffic flow with the increase in amenities and population, one-way street would be a viable option. Probably the stretch of east coast road from katong shopping centre to still road
    why not ? keep having to run to move my parked car while having dinner is such a hassle anyway. we can walk, can't we?

why not ? keep having to run to move my parked car while having dinner is such a hassle anyway. we can walk, can't we?
    Don't forget to add in cycling path. This should be well link to East Coast Park. Those living nearby and for people after cycling at EC Park, can park their bicycles and enjoy the walk, LSLS, dine, shop around before cycling home.

So can either walk or cycle. Should encourage and make it easier for cyclists. If make it easier for people to cycle around, people living nearby don't have to drive, whole family can cycle safely from & back home. With more people cycling, this may even help to reduce traffic congestion. Healthy living & green green green environment.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    Don't forget to add in cycling path. This should be well link to East Coast Park. Those living nearby and for people after cycling at EC Park, can park their bicycles and enjoy the walk, LSLS, dine, shop around before cycling home.

So can either walk or cycle. Should encourage and make it easier for cyclists. If make it easier for people to cycle around, people living nearby don't have to drive, whole family can cycle safely from & back home. With more people cycling, this may even help to reduce traffic congestion. Healthy living & green green green environment.

wow.... r u working in ura? otherwise a waste of ur creativity man!

wow.... r u working in ura? otherwise a waste of ur creativity man!
    How did you know?
    I'm the uncle issuing parking fine to you last week?

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    How did you know?
    I'm the uncle issuing parking fine to you last week?
    dun bluff la... parking warrens so highly educated meh, ,my third eye told me u have at least a basic degree hor if not a masters.

Gardens by the Bay, East Coast Park to be linked
    By Dylan Loh | Posted: 10 October 2012 1826 hrs

SINGAPORE: Singapore's Gardens by the Bay will be joined to East Coast Park, creating the country's longest continuous stretch of coastal parkland - from the island's north-east to south-central Singapore.

Construction works to link the two are expected to start in late-2013 and finish in end-2014.

The National Parks Board is now studying details of how to bring the two major green spaces closer.

The Eastern Coastal Loop of park connectors currently lets residents in Simei, Bedok, Tampines and Pasir Ris, among other estates, access East Coast Park on bicycle or on foot. When the park is joined to Gardens by the Bay's East section, they can cycle, stroll, or jog to the attraction without using public roads.

Starting from Changi Beach Park, they can cycle through the Coastal Park Connector to East Coast Park, and head to the Bay East Garden of Gardens by the Bay via the new link.

This route measures over 25 km and at more than half the island's length, makes it the country's longest sweep of park space along the coast.

From the Bay East Garden, people can already access the Bay South Garden, where the two cooled conservatories and Supertrees are, by crossing the Marina Barrage at the mouth of the Marina Reservoir.

People can also head to the future Sports Hub from Bay East, by using the Tanjong Rhu Promenade Park Connector, and crossing the Tanjong Rhu suspension bridge.

Construction on the Marina Coastal Expressway is currently being carried out and are set to be completed by end-2013. After that, works to link Gardens by the Bay and East Coast Park will start.

Associate Professor Tan Puay Yok of the Architecture Department at the School of Design and Environment with the National University of Singapore, said: "The terrain itself is not very challenging, I think it's a fairly easy site to work with. And the fact that Singapore has already a fairly large, extensive network of park connectors, means that the design intention, design considerations could be followed for this site."

Currently, cyclists who wish to access Gardens by the Bay from East Coast Park have to exit the park from near the western end of the park along East Coast Park Service Road, and head onto public roads. This will not be necessary anymore when the two green spaces are finally linked.

19-year-old polytechnic student Chang Teck, who is an avid cyclist, is happy with the new link.

He said: "It will be more safe for cyclists like me. Because we don't have to go on the roads and look out for cars...and follow the traffic rules. [With the] straight path to the Gardens by the Bay, we can have a longer route, we can have more recreational activities for cyclists, we can cycle a longer path."

Joining both green spaces also opens up possible new routes for the many organised runs taking place yearly around downtown Singapore.

The National Parks Board's long-term goal is to create a Singapore-wide park connector network, linking up the whole of the island.

-CNA/ac

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t

How about building the longest stretch from Changi Airport to Tuas checkpoint?

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    How about building the longest stretch from Changi Airport to Tuas checkpoint?
    u guys are amazing !

having a park connector isn't going to be the deciding factor to transform D15 into the next super-prime estate, as what the thread title suggests

u guys are amazing !

Bro.
    Your box full again

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    Bro.
    Your box full again
    i know, i am doing a screen capture of my past pms and after I have done that, I will empty the boxes and u can pm me again Thanks for your love letters, I enjoy them but too bad, we are born of the same gender and I am not gay. WOAHAHHEHHEHEHEHEHHEHHEHEHHEHEH

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    having a park connector isn't going to be the deciding factor to transform D15 into the next super-prime estate, as what the thread title suggests
    hehehhehehehehe. dun be too sure, brother.

I am THE ELITE of the elites.
    The Master from the Darkside.
    I have many names, illuminati, blackjack21, siaolang
    The Shadow

WOAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHA