Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Potential Site for Eastern Region Line - Telok Kurau/Marine Parade

what about the kembangan area near kembangan mrt? Old developments there could have some potential to appreciate further? The prices are still around 1000psf? Like Kembangan plaza, Kembangan Court and these are mixed developments which nowadays seem to be the very popular sure to sell formula

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    what about the kembangan area near kembangan mrt? Old developments there could have some potential to appreciate further? The prices are still around 1000psf? Like Kembangan plaza, Kembangan Court and these are mixed developments which nowadays seem to be the very popular sure to sell formula
    kembangan court has good chance for en-bloc...

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Looks like laguna park and lagoon view residents will have a long walk to the mrt.
    walk to east coast lagoon and drink sugar cane juice will be nearer...

Quote Originally Posted by propertychap
    with HDB breaking the $1m barrier, EVERY condo development, HUDC, EC, etc etc, has potential to appreciate further.

i'm guessing mandarin garden, neptune court and laguna park owners are jacking up their asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by mkl22
    Looks like laguna park and lagoon view residents will have a long walk to the mrt.
    may be for the sake of Victorial sch, they build a underground short cut to MRT?

These residents much be becoming impatient.
    Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    with HDB breaking the $1m barrier, EVERY condo development, HUDC, EC, etc etc, has potential to appreciate further.

i'm guessing mandarin garden, neptune court and laguna park owners are jacking up their asking price.

Quote Originally Posted by tkc2263
    Property hunters have only the Axis, Siglap V and Flamingo Valley to shop for condo units, selling at more than $1250psf.

If i may stretch the distance a little further, Siglap Court, Fernwood Towers, United Mansion and Finland Gardens are others worth looking into as well.

Other than Fernwood Towers from the second list, there are practically no sellers from the other 3.

With the newly introduced measure curbing shoebox units, those hoping for en bloc in UM, SC and FG will be in for a disappoinment.
    How far is the walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB plot?
    7-10 minutes?

Katong station at Katong Park site?
    That will be near the Line which is launched at very high prices.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157

yup but with all the recent cm not many can buy only cash buyers...

BTW, just to update, i noticed some work at the former Grand Hotel (see map, near point "C"):

https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-...9&z=17&iwloc=A

Quote Originally Posted by mkv
    How far is the walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB plot?
    7-10 minutes?
    I reckon 8 mins by the park connector.

A little of history, the park connector used to be a big monsoon canal, but since the estate underwent an estate renewal programme, the canal has been land filled and now it has become a very commonly used footpath.

The area is now brightly lit and there are also steel benches and a mini children's playground as well.

Largely, it has benefitted residents of Finland Gardens, Fernwood Towers as well as those living in the landed properties.

I am still vouching for an MRT station to be built on the HDB site.

I reckon 8 mins by the park connector.

A little of history, the park connector used to be a big monsoon canal, but since the estate underwent an estate renewal programme, the canal has been land filled and now it has become a very commonly used footpath.

The area is now brightly lit and there are also steel benches and a mini children's playground as well.

Largely, it has benefitted residents of Finland Gardens, Fernwood Towers as well as those living in the landed properties.

I am still vouching for an MRT station to be built on the HDB site.
    Most likely it has to be there. I don't see any other suitable location to build a mrt station in siglap.

Quote Originally Posted by fiat500
    Most likely it has to be there. I don't see any other suitable location to build a mrt station in siglap.
    In case, you have not been following, another site that has been mentioned is the URA carpark just opposite Jalan Tua Kong, alongside the Shell station.

Come to think of it, I think it will take less than 5 mins to walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB site.

You thinking of buying FW?

In case, you have not been following, another site that has been mentioned is the URA carpark just opposite Jalan Tua Kong, alongside the Shell station.

Come to think of it, I think it will take less than 5 mins to walk from Fernwood Towers to the HDB site.

You thinking of buying FW?
    Of cos i m aware but i feel the carpark should remain cos there are not many parking lots in that area..
    Fernwood too old n run down imo.. Facade also looks outdated.

just use onemap and measure the distances lor. and then have an estimate of approx 5km/hr walking speed. fernwood to the HDB plot is approx 300-350m. so 4.2mins. and then to the plot of land at Siglap Big carpark which is approx 550-600m its 7.2mins.

Of cos i m aware but i feel the carpark should remain cos there are not many parking lots in that area..
    Fernwood too old n run down imo.. Facade also looks outdated.
    Then you will be left with Axis at Siglap and Finland Gardens, which are the 2 nearest projects to the HDB site.

Then you will be left with Axis at Siglap and Finland Gardens, which are the 2 nearest projects to the HDB site.
    not forgetting villa marina...quite a nice project but too bad its LH.

not forgetting villa marina...quite a nice project but too bad its LH.
    Villa Marina is quite a distance from the HDB site, unless you are talking abt the URA carpark being the MRT location.

United Mansions and Siglap Court and even Mandarin Gardens and Neptune Court are much nearer to the HDB site than compared to Villa Marina.

My worth.

LTA has just issued a tender for architecture and engineering consultancy for the ERL stations. I suspect announcement will be soon as this means that the station locations have already been earmarked...

East coast properties will be in for a boost. Better place yr bets soon as I suspect owners will up their prices after announcement.

LTA000ETT12000185
    Tender Ref. No.: E1003
    Description: Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Eastern Region Line (ERL) Stations
    Publication Date: 05/10/2012
    Short Description: Architectural and Engineering Consultancy Services for the Proposed Eastern Region Line (ERL) Stations

Villa Marina is quite a distance from the HDB site, unless you are talking abt the URA carpark being the MRT location.

United Mansions and Siglap Court and even Mandarin Gardens and Neptune Court are much nearer to the HDB site than compared to Villa Marina.

My worth.
    Whether nearer or slightly further, all the projects around the area will benefit from the completion of ERL. we are not talking about an addition to a nearby station. we are talking about building an entire new MRT line in an area without any nearby MRT station at all.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    LTA has just issued a tender for architecture and engineering consultancy for the ERL stations. I suspect announcement will be soon as this means that the station locations have already been earmarked...

East coast properties will be in for a boost. Better place yr bets soon as I suspect owners will up their prices after announcement.

Actually.. property market also got inside info hor.
    Those companies who were tasked to do soil testing and laying out infrastructure would have first hand knowledge way before the tender is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Actually.. property market also got inside info hor.
    Those companies who were tasked to do soil testing and laying out infrastructure would have first hand knowledge way before the tender is completed.
    Yah, no doubt but soil test etc are all very generic and usually focuses (no pun intended ) on the entire line tunnel, spot areas or strips rather than specific stations since they will be exploring several options all at once.

Once they call for architectural and engineering consultancy for stations, it means that the site is already decided on and the succesful tenderer will be working based on the actual sites itself. Once that is out, it becomes quite difficult to keep it under wraps which means tht they might as well announce it to public at large. That's why my gut feel is that the announcement akan datang...

My worth.
    MRTs will always have a few exits... so even if main site @ HDB, surely they will have other openings near Villa Marina side. As long as you see a MRT entrance there, property price will probably shoot up

Part of tender doc which I spotted in another forum. Hope the poster won't mind. Seems like they will build in phases too for ERL with E1 to E5 (including a future station) slated first. So the Tanjong Rhu to maybe Marine Parade will be the first to be built. Hence these station locations have already been confirmed. Looks like they want this first part of ERL to coincide with the ending of TSL since it is going to be one continuous line. Residents from Tanjong rhu to Marine Parade will likely benefit first.

Last edited by proper-t; 09-11-12 at 09:54.

From all the speculations, seem like almost everyone agrees that the Marine Parade station is going to be at or around the junction of Marine Parade Road and Joo Chiat Road.

Anyone like to hazard how many and the locations of the exits for the MP Station?