Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: HDB (EA) at Mei ling Street sold for S$1mil

Default HDB (EA) at Mei ling Street sold for S$1mil

Was told there was a recent HDB EA sold for $1million at Mei Ling Street in Queenstown area, COV about $195k, #16 highest floor, anybody knows?

Did some other hdb flat beat pinnacle at duxton to that record first? I always felt that the duxton place will set the first record and make the tanjong pagar ward look good.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Did some other hdb flat beat pinnacle at duxton to that record first?
    Pinnacle@Duxton will be pushed higher.

The last record was:

150 Mei Ling St 06 to 10 153.00
    Maisonette 1995 $900,000.00 Aug 2012

Maybe will be updated soon with this new transaction.

Quote Originally Posted by latour
    Pinnacle@Duxton will be pushed higher.
    The $1m pyschological barrier is an important level. If it is broken, then sellers would have a lot more room nego on the upside.

it may alert Kenobi-wan and force him to come out to deal with the dark side again
    Ride at your own risk !!!

HDB is super cheap @ 1mil for tat location and price. for this price u can probably can only a studio or 2 bedder max. to private investor, HDB is dammed cheap, the rental yield is extraordinary.

frankly in todays market a GOOD location HDB flat beats the Shi$ out of an ULU location PC...plus HDB is automatic FREEHOLD can u imagine a hdb block reaching 99 years old and GOVT throw all the occupants out....plus u got free painting upgrade and what NOT...believe in PAP believe in HDB...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    it may alert Kenobi-wan and force him to come out to deal with the dark side again
    now doing testing in jurong..60yr lease

HDB may not even want to publish it....

i think the next hdbs which have a chance of crossing $1m would be those 5-rm flats beside the future havelock mrt, namely the point blocks:

94 and 95 havelock road and
    blks 2C and 4A boon tiong road

then when pinnacle completes its 5 year moratorium, all hell breaks loose.

ikan bilis is offline i'm Buaya ! Girls BEWARE !!...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    hmm.... when the first hdb appointment comes,... the hdb counter staff will tell the buyer & seller the hdb computer system is unable to take 7-digit number (need to wait for next year's software upgrade)... so ended the flat transacted at $999,999... giving kbw some face and some breathing space/time... he got a weak $8 heart hor...

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    are you sure he is not already with the dark side ??... due to some cheapskate $8 heart operation ??...

deep down inside we all know the day will come...just waiting for some hero who has made tonnes of $$$ from private property maybe thru enbloc or whatever....to buy a top floor panoramic view next to MRT....hdb flat for 1 million...stay there for 5 years...enjoy the view...then he can rent out at PANORAMIC price and go back to invest in private property...TRUST me it WILL happen

What is 200k COV...PEANUTS to someone who made millions in enbloc or landed property....

ONLY way is for GOVT to STOP this group of people but can they NO they cant...Right...so just sit back and enjoy the show...

heya... stirling road/mei-ling 3rm flat already hit S$750K liow.... what's wrong with EA at S$1mil... you guys complaining that EA on firesale izit ??...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    deep down inside we all know the day will come...just waiting for some hero who has made tonnes of $$$ from private property maybe thru enbloc or whatever....to buy a top floor panoramic view next to MRT....hdb flat for 1 million...stay there for 5 years...enjoy the view...then he can rent out at PANORAMIC price and go back to invest in private property...TRUST me it WILL happen

What is 200k COV...PEANUTS to someone who made millions in enbloc or landed property....

ONLY way is for GOVT to STOP this group of people but can they NO they cant...Right...so just sit back and enjoy the show...
    +1 tat why I say to the private investors, HDB is really dirt cheap...

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    +1 tat why I say to the private investors, HDB is really dirt cheap...
    only thing if govt not happy then come out more cm aimed at hdb...but what can they do if valuation is 100k....i got money and qualify to buy hdb i want to pay $1 million......they also LL

thats why i always say hdb=highly developed block...

Quote Originally Posted by radha08
    only thing if govt not happy then come out more cm aimed at hdb...but what can they do if valuation is 100k....i got money and qualify to buy hdb i want to pay $1 million......they also LL

thats why i always say hdb=highly developed block...
    Ha it would have reached 1 million sooner if not for the government CM tat prevented private owners to buy HDB easily

Quote Originally Posted by Allthepies
    Ha it would have reached 1 million sooner if not for the government CM tat prevented private owners to buy HDB easily
    definately...lets see what else govt does...

Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis
    heya... stirling road/mei-ling 3rm flat already hit S$750K liow.... what's wrong with EA at S$1mil... you guys complaining that EA on firesale izit ??...
    Think those not typical 3rm flat but landed 2-storey terrace...classified as 3rm.

Quote Originally Posted by weezersg
    Think those not typical 3rm flat but landed 2-storey terrace...classified as 3rm.
    yup and they are 40 years old...

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    I think for those agents here you can right, tell whether its true? very curious whether its correct or not.

I think for those agents here you can right, tell whether its true? very curious whether its correct or not.
    i mean... 'you can check right'.

i mean... 'you can check right'.
    haha... if it is false alarm or fake data... may be kenobi wan will be chasing you with his laser sabre...

Huh? $750k for 3 room hdb? Did I hear wrongly?
    Quote Originally Posted by ikan bilis

Wow, $1m, it is more expensive than some of the pc. Some more, HDB owners enjoys most of the rebates from the govt + free building paintings every 5 yrs + subsidize upgrading + low cons fees etc. So how can govt based on the house to give rebates etc leh. Some HDB owners are really richer than pc owners.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    Huh? $750k for 3 room hdb? Did I hear wrongly?
    1 year back, my nephew bought a 25 yrs old 4 room HDB flat at Serangoon for $500k already.

No wonder Singapore has more and more rich people. If I'm eligible to buy HDB flat, I also want to buy, then later sell high high, hehe.

I always think that HDB flats are supposed to be cheap and for lower income earners only but I don't think so now, it has a mixture of rich, richer & richest people also. So not fair lah, why govt only curb on private ppty and not on resale HDB leh.

very soon the min for private is $1m liao
    landed already reaching $3m

Default We are on ecstasy drugs

I am waiting for 1m HDB to offload mine, another 2-3y time

欧央行无上限购买债券
    美股创5年新高
    欧股暴涨
    金价破1700美元

We are on ecstasy drugs
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by irisng
    1 year back, my nephew bought a 25 yrs old 4 room HDB flat at Serangoon for $500k already.

No wonder Singapore has more and more rich people. If I'm eligible to buy HDB flat, I also want to buy, then later sell high high, hehe.

I always think that HDB flats are supposed to be cheap and for lower income earners only but I don't think so now, it has a mixture of rich, richer & richest people also. So not fair lah, why govt only curb on private ppty and not on resale HDB leh.
    very soon many people can only afford to rent hdb only