Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Citylights (D8, 99 year leasehold, Capitaland)

Unregistered Guest

Default Re: Citylights (D8, 99 year leasehold, Capitaland)

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    It looks hot and sunny
    Citylights gets the morning sun I think. The picture posted earlier was taken in May 2007 and the windows now should be green instead of blue.

Unregistered Guest

Thumbs up Re: Citylights (D8, 99 year leasehold, Capitaland)

It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
    What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.

Unregistered Guest

It is a myth (perhaps the oldest one in the book) that Freehold is better than Leasehold. There are no conclusive studies on this.
    What many seem to forget is that property is all about LOCATION. The first thing students of real estate are taught is location, location and location. So focus more on location and less on tenure.
    AGREE, AGREE AGREE!

Unregistered Guest

Who is talking about tenure in recent postings?

Apart from location, must also look at quality and design of project which will have an impact on how well the condo holds its value in the longterm. So what do you guys think about the quality and design of Citylights? Very satisfied, satisfied or could be better?

Unregistered Guest

Apart from location, must also look at quality and design of project which will have an impact on how well the condo holds its value in the longterm. So what do you guys think about the quality and design of Citylights? Very satisfied, satisfied or could be better?
    i think the person is right about his comment. It is always to first look at location. Don't you when you decide whether to buy Citylights? I do. Quality and design are important too but secondary. Once location is right....then the rest will follow.

puppets? Guest

y do humans need to be puppets? because most have weak spines. or the puppeteer is a control freak who just insist in having her way at all times.

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by puppets?
    y do humans need to be puppets? because most have weak spines. or the puppeteer is a control freak who just insist in having her way at all times.
    most are desperate to hold on to their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no where to go

Unregistered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by puppets?
    most are desperate to hold on to their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!no where to go
    2 cocks talking cork here.

Unregistered Guest

Read from Citilights owners posting and they are now finding alot of problems relating to :-

- speeding inside car park
    - some owners using their unit as hostel
    - cat's issue
    - access to their unit problem
    - owners drying clothings at planters

I think the worse will be 1 unit erecting double decker beds and probably, renting it out to 9-10 students. In no time, Citilights will be like another hostel in the little india area.

Unregistered Guest

Read from Citilights owners posting and they are now finding alot of problems relating to :-

- cat's issue

I think the worse will be 1 unit erecting double decker beds and probably, renting it out to 9-10 students. In no time, Citilights will be like another hostel in the little india area.
    Good than the price will fall to $500psf and i will buy.

Unregistered Guest

Good than the price will fall to $500psf and i will buy.
    I think $400psf is a better reflection of the project.

Unregistered Guest

I think $400psf is a better reflection of the project.
    If $400psf I would buy a penthouse. The view at the top floor is simply out of this world. Gotta see to believe.

Unregistered Guest

- cat's issue

Foreign parents are not going to pay 500-600 (which is the min amt to barely make it proftibale as compared to renting out)for their kids to be hot-housed like that . Most probably it will be used to house the Chinese hookers operating at the nearby Geylang haunts. $30 a day is cheaper than those hotels at Geylang and for these hookers it will be a win-win deal. It could also be used by a pimp to house all the hookers under him and the skygardens can be used to spy on whether anti-vice raids are on at the various Lorongs at Geylang before sending down his hookers there. If nothing is done to stop this, this concept will spread like wildfire in Citylights and next thing you know, prices would decline to 600psf.

Looks like all the negative scenarios painted by one forumer here a few months are turning out true for Citylights. No need to argue anymore now. The writing is on the wall. The owners themselves are now coming out and airing their frustrations one by one on different issues. I suggest that Citylighters should stop washing their dirty linen in public - otherwise they will end up as losers in terms of rapidly declining prices.
    The savvy investors saw this coming and have been proven correct.

Anyway my symphaties, condolences and well wishes to all Citylighters.

Unregistered Guest

i think the person is right about his comment. It is always to first look at location. Don't you when you decide whether to buy Citylights? I do. Quality and design are important too but secondary. Once location is right....then the rest will follow.

Looks like location was right for turning it into hostel (s) or worst still possibily brothel(s) . We can only confimr later whether students or hookers move in to occupy the double decker beds in that one apt. Until then open verdict. But very sure either a HOSTEL or BROTHEL.

Unregistered Guest

Can see that recent URA transactions are still high at $1.3 to $1.4k per sf. If prices do drop like some of you think, I would want to kope a unit there as it is very near my workplace in town. Location is just right although its locality can be improved. Hostel or not is not a big issue as the mgmt are paid to keep up the place. If not, I can see citylighters leaning hard on them to do their jobs.

Unregistered Guest

Looks like location was right for turning it into hostel (s) or worst still possibily brothel(s) . We can only confimr later whether students or hookers move in to occupy the double decker beds in that one apt. Until then open verdict. But very sure either a HOSTEL or BROTHEL.
    To be fair to Citilights, lets not forget this project was launched to entice HDB upgraders, ie low price, low expectation on the type of people staying there.

When neighbours starts to hang clothings on the planter, you cannot blame or stop them from doing that. Becos as the old saying goes "its difficult to change the leopard's spot". Example, how do you expect a old untie say late 50s who has been hanging her clothings outside her HDB unit now expect her to use dryer instead. Habits die hard.

East Mints Guest

wait till you want to sell and your buyer got problem securing loan to match valuation. That is when the leasehold and freehold problem set in...

Unregistered Guest

Can see that recent URA transactions are still high at $1.3 to $1.4k per sf. If prices do drop like some of you think, I would want to kope a unit there as it is very near my workplace in town. Location is just right although its locality can be improved. Hostel or not is not a big issue as the mgmt are paid to keep up the place. If not, I can see citylighters leaning hard on them to do their jobs.

On many occasions MC's hands can be tied. Even if they keep to 3 per room as allowed by govt , ie 9 in the whole house. OK if kids. What if hookers start using it as a boarding house at say $35 a day . Many will come at this price. 9 x $35 = 315 per day x 30 days = 9450 per month - much more than the expected rent for a 3 bedder (5k+). They will not conduct their activities there of course and as such there will be nothing the Mgt or residents can do. There is no way MGT can stop such people to visit the place and stay overnight everyday as visitors. So slowly the situation deteriorates. I can assure you that Mgt cannot always work miracles because in many cases their hands can be tied with all the legal loopholes available.

Unregistered Guest

To be fair to Citilights, lets not forget this project was launched to entice HDB upgraders, ie low price, low expectation on the type of people staying there.

When neighbours starts to hang clothings on the planter, you cannot blame or stop them from doing that. Becos as the old saying goes "its difficult to change the leopard's spot". Example, how do you expect a old untie say late 50s who has been hanging her clothings outside her HDB unit now expect her to use dryer instead. Habits die hard.
    Precisely low quality attracted low quality initial batch of buyers. So with a very weak DNA, what to expect. Capitalland anticipated this and thus their response by giving buyers what they paid for ( source of average architects/ designers to cut cost and thus a corresponding disaster in design)

Unregistered Guest

If i remember correctly when i was there at launch in i belive 2004, the price of Citylights was not exactly cheap either compared to most mass market neighbourhood. HDB upgraders should be buying condos elsewhere at 2/3 the price. Kerrisdale was much cheaper too.

Unregistered Guest

If i remember correctly when i was there at launch in i belive 2004, the price of Citylights was not exactly cheap either compared to most mass market neighbourhood. HDB upgraders should be buying condos elsewhere at 2/3 the price. Kerrisdale was much cheaper too.
    It was around 600psf on average , only slightly higher than mass market new condos at that time. Still something that could be easily afforded by HDB dwellers unlike now.

Unregistered Guest

wahahhaha

trying to play two character here!!!

wat a great but stupid idea!!!

Unregistered Guest

It was around 600psf on average , only slightly higher than mass market new condos at that time. Still something that could be easily afforded by HDB dwellers unlike now.
    You stress liao cannot stand market going down. Pathetic!!! even not dare tolook at classified ad because cannot face the reality.

Unregistered Guest

You stress liao cannot stand market going down. Pathetic!!! even not dare tolook at classified ad because cannot face the reality.

Unregistered Guest

You siao liao cannot stand market continue going up. Pathetic!!! even not dare to look at the latest URA price index.
    Quote Originally Posted by CNA

HDB And Private Property Prices Up In Q1 Flash Estimate
    Channel NewsAsia
    Tuesday, 1 April 2008, 1345 hrs

Private residential property prices in Singapore rose 4.2% in the first quarter this year, according to the latest preliminary estimates from the Urban Redevelopment Authority.

The pace was slower than the 6.8% clip recorded in the fourth quarter of last year.

On a quarter-on-quarter basis, the biggest rise in property prices for non-landed properties came from outside central region - up 4.8% in the January-March quarter compared with the October-December period.

Properties in the prime districts of 9, 10 and 11, as well as the downtown area and Sentosa, rose 4.4% on quarter.

Prices in the rest of the central region increased 3.9% in the first quarter from the previous three months.

The preliminary estimates were based on transaction prices given in caveats lodged during the first 10 weeks of the quarter, as well as the number of new units sold.

Meantime, the Housing and Development Board (HDB) said prices of HDB resale flats rose 3.4% in the January to March period over the previous three months. This was lower than the 5.7% increase in the fourth quarter.

Both the URA and HDB will release final figures at the end of April.

The URA said that as at 4th Quarter 2007, there are about 64,900 private residential units in the pipeline, of which about 56,100 new private housing units are expected to be completed between 2008 and 2011.

There are also some 38,300 units that have yet to be put on sale by developers.

As for the supply of government flats, the HDB said it had made available in the first quarter of this year some 1,100 new flats in two Build-To-Order (BTO) projects in Punggol and Yishun.

It said that depending on demand, there could be another 5,000 new BTO flats in towns such as Punggol, Sengkang, Woodlands and Bukit Panjang.

The total planned BTO supply of 6,100 new flats for January till September 2008 will surpass the annual BTO flat supply in 2007 and 2006.

This new supply of flats will be in addition to those offered under Balloting Exercises for surplus replacement SERS and other flats, as well as the planned release of three Design-and-Build sites in Simei, Toa Payoh and Bedok with some 1,500 flats in the first half of 2008.

Unregistered Guest

wahahhaha

trying to play two character here!!!

wat a great but stupid idea!!!
    Ai ya, I learn from my FT colleague ma, sometime play good guy, sometime play bad guy. This is what I call Survival of the fittest ma.

I have a 3 br(1424sqft) above #30 for sale asking $1150psf ONLY!!!
    Bank value is 1200psf.
    SELL BELOW BANK VALUE!!!

Fastastic city view!!!
    CHOICE INVESTMENT...Don't miss out on this bargain unit!!!

02X 3br units for rental @ $5.Xk. P/furn. High/Low floor. Nice city view.
    Immediate.

For more info, pls contact me @ 81835132 or visit my website @ www.wilsonlimot.multiply.com

Cheers

Unregistered1 Guest

Smile Re: Citylights (D8, 99 year leasehold, Capitaland)

Citylights prices will shoot up soon once the Marina IR is ready next year and then shoot up again when the Sports Hub is ready ... we can expect more commercial developments around the Kallang Basin ... perhaps Paris style sidewalk cafes, shopping centres, etc ... can enjoy the beautiful view and nice breeze of the Kallang Basin ...

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1
    Citylights prices will shoot up soon once the Marina IR is ready next year and then shoot up again when the Sports Hub is ready ... we can expect more commercial developments around the Kallang Basin ... perhaps Paris style sidewalk cafes, shopping centres, etc ... can enjoy the beautiful view and nice breeze of the Kallang Basin ...
    You're tripping man

cl Guest

CityLights is not in "good" books of agents as overheard one agent saying is almost "like HDB" and quality of material not upto expectations.