Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Citylights (D8, 99 year leasehold, Capitaland)

All caps Lock

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

How can district 8 be prime? Mmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Tang
    CONDO WHOLE UNIT @ CITYLIGHTS. BLK 80. DISTRICT 8. BEST PRIME LOCATION IN SINGAPORE. 3+1. HIGH FLOOR. SEA VIEW. CITY VIEW. PANORAMIC VIEW. UNBLOCK VIEW. BRIGHT,WINDY. FULL FACILITIES. FULLY RENOVATED. FULLY AIR-CON. FULLY/PARTIAL FURNISH. 3 MINS LAVENDER MRT. 1 MIN AMENITIES. 10 MINS BUGIS SHOPPING CENTER. 15 MINS ORCHARD. ANY RACES. IMMEDIATE MOVE IN. BRAND NEW UNIT, NO OWNER STAY BEFORE. BEST PRICE EVER IN THE MARKET NOW. GOT 4 UNITS ON HAND FOR SALE ALSO !! ASKING $4500 ONLY. GRAB NOW BEFORE TOO LATE. VIEWING CAN BE DONE AT YOUR TIMING. CALL 8168 3203

Default Citylights

Click on the link below to find the up dated rental and sale price for Citylights Condo

http://propertyview.150m.com/singapore.html

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    I am one of proud Citylights owners (2nd owner)..but just saw a text from my agent that 2X-23 (2 bedrooms) is asking for $1,000psf!Oh no!
    too high or too low?

city square is surrounded and inhabited by parapundeks. give us a break lah......

Quote Originally Posted by sufri
    i feel that citylight is overpriced when there is a better option in the form of city sq residences...do the comparison and u will see

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    city square is surrounded and inhabited by parapundeks. give us a break lah......
    then again, apart from the view .. citylights is also near amenities ..like lighting shops , immigration, casket, traffic jam ..

lucky got mrt

citylights is way better than CSR in my opinion, at least clear of the Indian Ocean...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    then again, apart from the view .. citylights is also near amenities ..like lighting shops , immigration, casket, traffic jam ..

lucky got mrt

Citilights is very convenient when u die... your family just carry u next door and dump u into the coffin..

everybody have to die someday, at least better than being hounded by parapundeks everywhere around ur neighbourhood when you are alive....

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    Citilights is very convenient when u die... your family just carry u next door and dump u into the coffin..

Quote Originally Posted by franzmark
    citylights is way better than CSR in my opinion, at least clear of the Indian Ocean...
    based on market prices, the market thinks so too ~

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.straitstimes.com/Life%252...ry_374138.html

May 9, 2009

home & garden

Gardens in the sky

High-rise greenery is sprouting in condos and HDB blocks

By tay suan chiang

High-rise havens at Newton Suites (left) and HDB carpark in Toa Payoh. -- ST PHOTOS: JOYCE FANG, SHAHRIYA YAHAYA

Garden terraces on high-rise buildings are a growing idea.

More condominiums, Housing Board carparks and office towers are sprouting plants and trees amid the concrete, helping Singapore bloom as a 'garden city'.

Everyone is happy: Developers like adding high-rise greens because they say they help keep buildings cool and beautify the urban jungle. Residents like them because they help them keep close to nature, despite being above the ground.

The idea gets the (green) thumbs-up from housewife Mei Wong, who lives in one of Singapore's oldest housing estates, Toa Payoh, which boasts the first sky garden to connect five HDB blocks. It has landscaped footpaths, sheltered seating areas and a trellis where creepers grow.

Ms Wong, 40, who goes there often with her two children, says: 'There's no need for me to grow plants at home. I just come here.

'The plants keep the sky garden cool, and it is pleasant to look out onto it from my 20th-storey window.'

The HDB and the National Parks Board first started a pilot project to green the roof of a multi-storey carpark in Punggol in 2003. At some multi-storey carparks in new HDB projects, there are also roof gardens which the public can access.

The idea is also taking root in the private sector (see separate stories). Last month, the Urban Redevelopment Authority (URA) launched a new programme called Landscaping for Urban Spaces and High Rises - or appropriately, Lush in short - to promote more skyrise greenery.

Its initiatives include making landscaping, such as to shape rooftop gardens or sky terraces, a must for new developments in Raffles Place, Shenton Way, Marina Centre, along Kallang River and Jurong Gateway, the upcoming commercial hub in the west.

Already, since 1997, the URA has encouraged developers to incorporate sky terraces in residential projects by allowing a higher building height if they are provided. Covered sky terraces are also exempt from gross floor area computation, which means a developer has more room to build more apartment units.

Under Lush, these guidelines were revised to require that sky terraces are lushly landscaped and that the greenery is visible externally, to ensure a more attractive communal space.

New condos are showing they are taking the sky garden concept to new heights. At year-old Icon in Tanjong Pagar, residents are living a luxe lush life.

The sky terrace on the 31st storey of the mixed-use development makes for one superb venue for residents' private parties. It is filled with shade-loving plants such as frangipani trees, and small pockets of areas have been created to give some privacy.

Mr Chng Kiong Huat, director of development and planning for the condo's developer, Far East Organization, says the sky terrace was created so residents can 'live, work and play within the compound'.

Property developer Capitaland has also introduced high-rise greenery at two recent residential projects, Citylights near Lavender and RiverGate near River Valley Road. At Citylights, there is a sky terrace on the 24th storey with fitness facilities, plus reading and yoga corners, amid the lush greenery.

Over at RiverGate, its sky gardens are made up of a series of public and private gardens and balconies which give the development a green and ecologically harmonious appearance on Singapore's skyline, says Capitaland.

At Fusionopolis, the science and research centre in Buona Vista, there are 13 sky gardens which the public can visit.

Developer JTC Corporation says the sky gardens provide visual relief and serve as green lungs and social pockets.

Mr Eric Van Steen, 38, senior manager of Accenture, a consulting firm, goes to the gardens about twice a week.

'The greens, with the breeze and the great views, make it a pleasant space to step out of the office to clear the mind,' he says.

Newton Suites, developed by UOL Group, also has a 100m wall of vertical greenery on the 36-storey tower.

Architect Chan Ee Mun from award-winning firm Woha, which designed the Newton Road condo, says 'elevated gardens bring nature closer to the residents and afford the luxury of greenery that was previously reserved only for landed living'.

The greenery absorbs sunlight and carbon dioxide emissions and helps create oxygen. Mr Chan adds that by planting vertically, 'we are also populating our dense urban centres with gardens and greenery that encourage a thriving biodiversity'.

Newton Suites resident, financial consultant Mona Honegger, 43, lives on the ninth storey but regularly goes up to the lush sky terrace on the 31st storey to revel in the unblocked views of the city.

The Swiss expat, who enjoys a drink and relaxes there before bedtime, says: 'Being here among the green gives me a feeling of being close to nature.'

[email protected]

The high life

Icon

A sky terrace on the 31st storey provides private seating areas, with hot tubs from which users can enjoy unblocked views of the city and the sea and floating birdcage swings.

Lush greenery to block out prying eyes creates pockets of private space.

On the seventh storey is a pool deck featuring green 'islands'. The use of trees and plants gives the deck a tropical resort feel.

-- PHOTOS: ASHLEIGH SIM, JOYCE FANG, SHAHRIYA YAHAYA, CAPITALAND, JTC CORPORATION

RiverGate

This 545-unit condomnium near River Valley Road offers residents 45 sky gardens with views of the city, Singapore River and the South China Sea. The sky gardens are made up of a series of public and private gardens and balconies. There are trellises on which creepers grow so residents can feel close to nature.

Newton Suites

This award-winning condominium boasts sky terraces surrounded by lush greenery, giving residents a garden-in-the-sky feel. There is also a 100m-tall green wall along the 36-storey block.

HDB roof gardens

Some lucky HDB flat dwellers are also enjoying skyrise greenery. In 2003, the Housing Board and National Parks Board started a pilot project to green the roof of a multi-storey carpark in Punggol.

These rooftop gardens not only keep the surround- ings cool but are also pleasing to look at for neighbouring residents.

The one on the left is at Toa Payoh Lorong 2. Other rooftop gardens on carparks can be found in new housing estates such as Punggol, Sengkang and Sembawang.

Fusionopolis

This science and technology centre, developed by JTC Corporation, boasts 13 sky gardens which are open to the public. The sky gardens have water features amid the lush greenery, with clear views of the surroundings.

Citylights

Taking a leisurely stroll is an elevating experience at this 600-unit condo near Lavender MRT station. Residents have a lush high-rise pool deck and a sky terrace on the 24th floor that has fitness facilities and a jacuzzi plus reading and yoga corners.

citylights is located at a junction ...

hows the noise level ??

citylights is located at a junction ...

hows the noise level ??
    Can't really hear much noise if the windows are closed. I stay in very high floor..

Used to really like that place as its super convenient from my workplace.
    I also happen to park my car there to take the train to work. Imagine 1 stop to bugis, 2 stop to city hall and 3 stop of raffles place. If I want to go to Suntec/Marina, flag a cab and will be there in no time.

Near to major expressway like PIE/KPE/CTE.

Problem is when arrange for a few visit at around 30 - 38 floor, can still hear the "hong, hong, hong" sound which is the overall sound of the traffic below from the junction. Dusty wise, not so sure.

another think to note is that the traffic towards eminent plaza is very jam (of course orchard road also very jam, sama sama everywhere).

However, most importantly,to me, too many budget hotels liao. Somemore, one new hotel coming up directly outside MRT!!! (not sure whether budget or not).

As some mention casket, IHMO, not really a problem as its really a distance away (dun believe can walk from Citylights to SC)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonlcl
    Can't really hear much noise if the windows are closed. I stay in very high floor..
    thanks for your input ..

Default Citylights

a unit on the #3x floor non bay facing has now reached $14xx psf, and is supported by bank valuation! seems like banks are raising their valuations for resale props in line with the developer launches

No one will buy one. 1400psf. But I just hope it will keep going higher so I can sell my sail away. Hopefully can sell 3k psf. Hahaha. 100% returns.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    a unit on the #3x floor non bay facing has now reached $14xx psf, and is supported by bank valuation! seems like banks are raising their valuations for resale props in line with the developer launches

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i heard that OCBC is the most aggressive in terms of matching valuation for resale older projects..

apparently they have alot of $$ and they need to build their portfolio again ... hence matching higher ..

according to one of my sources .. so far most if not all who bought new launched are HDB upgraders...

they 'cannot' afford to buy older, bigger units ...apart from the amount, mainly becos the valuation are much lower than selling price..hence they need to fork out more cash ..

my fear is ..Once all the upgraders have completed upgrading .. who is left to buy in the current resale/subsale ?

soon all the 'sold out 'projects will be out for subsale too .. but who is going to 'upgrade' further ?

i fear when most upgraders are gone ..mkt will fall ..cos now everyone has 1, maybe 2 units .. (a HDB and a private) ...

unless of course foreign suckers come in and buy ..

but will they buy mickey mouse units ?

Go back to statistics and we would not be surprise that the HDB upgraders are a formidable force! 85% of property dwellers are living in HDB, only 15% properties are condos and landed. With HDB prices at historical high and gap between HDB prices and mass market property prices at historical low, we just need 15% of those HDB dwellers to upgrade and there is not even enough supply to cater to them! No wonder property prices keep shooting up!

i heard that OCBC is the most aggressive in terms of matching valuation for resale older projects..

apparently they have alot of $$ and they need to build their portfolio again ... hence matching higher ..

according to one of my sources .. so far most if not all who bought new launched are HDB upgraders...

they 'cannot' afford to buy older, bigger units ...apart from the amount, mainly becos the valuation are much lower than selling price..hence they need to fork out more cash ..

my fear is ..Once all the upgraders have completed upgrading .. who is left to buy in the current resale/subsale ?

soon all the 'sold out 'projects will be out for subsale too .. but who is going to 'upgrade' further ?

i fear when most upgraders are gone ..mkt will fall ..cos now everyone has 1, maybe 2 units .. (a HDB and a private) ...

unless of course foreign suckers come in and buy ..

but will they buy mickey mouse units ?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Go back to statistics and we would not be surprise that the HDB upgraders are a formidable force! 85% of property dwellers are living in HDB, only 15% properties are condos and landed. With HDB prices at historical high and gap between HDB prices and mass market property prices at historical low, we just need 15% of those HDB dwellers to upgrade and there is not even enough supply to cater to them! No wonder property prices keep shooting up!
    you may be right ..

but i do know quite a few of my banker friends are all exiting ... selling their 'investment' condos .. keeping only the landed house ..

lets put it this way .. why didnt the upgrader buy in 2006/7 ?
    why now ?
    did they have more cash now than then ?

dont mean to be sarcastic but i feel majority of them are buying on Herd Instinct ... repeating anything they hear ..

the moment those in front turn the corner ..all will follow .. like a school of fish .. all they see and need to do is follow the one in front ..

and thats really scary ...

then again, we do need them .. to help us exit ...

Not to forget that the cash components had been reduced, as CPF is available for the 15% downpayment.

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Not to forget that the cash components had been reduced, as CPF is available for the 15% downpayment.
    a friend of mine used to live in a 4 bedroom HDB in holland area, next to the CC ..2 brothers , father and granny and herself ..
    was enbloced and moved to the new 5 room HDB at Dawson area. opposite Queens condo ..

its been some 4 yrs since they moved in .. and the value has been going up .. BUT ..they are still unable to sell and upgrade to a condo ..cos 2 out of the 5 are not working (father+granny) ..she and her bros are saving for their own 'future home' .. and their future homes are a 2 bedroom HDB ..

i beleive this can be a typical example in most HDB families ..

a friend of mine used to live in a 4 bedroom HDB in holland area, next to the CC ..2 brothers , father and granny and herself ..
    was enbloced and moved to the new 5 room HDB at Dawson area. opposite Queens condo ..

its been some 4 yrs since they moved in .. and the value has been going up .. BUT ..they are still unable to sell and upgrade to a condo ..cos 2 out of the 5 are not working (father+granny) ..she and her bros are saving for their own 'future home' .. and their future homes are a 2 bedroom HDB ..

i beleive this can be a typical example in most HDB families ..
    Yup, always feel that those affected by SERS will end up unable to afford a new unit there. But on the other hand, there's still quite high demand for DBSS and this are costly too.

Well, bankers... Mmm, many like to talk big and actually do used to earn big money during good times but I know of many selling their properties at recent low prices to raise money to pay their taxes and for living expenses.
    Looking at the situation, HDB upgraders didn't buy in 2007 because prices gone up too much while HDB worth too little. On the other hand, current situation is the reverse. If I am them, I also sell my HDB to exchange for private property! (but need to be fast before price go up further).

you may be right ..

but i do know quite a few of my banker friends are all exiting ... selling their 'investment' condos .. keeping only the landed house ..

lets put it this way .. why didnt the upgrader buy in 2006/7 ?
    why now ?
    did they have more cash now than then ?

dont mean to be sarcastic but i feel majority of them are buying on Herd Instinct ... repeating anything they hear ..

the moment those in front turn the corner ..all will follow .. like a school of fish .. all they see and need to do is follow the one in front ..

and thats really scary ...

then again, we do need them .. to help us exit ...

Well, bankers... Mmm, many like to talk big and actually do used to earn big money during good times but I know of many selling their properties at recent low prices to raise money to pay their taxes and for living expenses.
    Looking at the situation, HDB upgraders didn't buy in 2007 because prices gone up too much while HDB worth too little. On the other hand, current situation is the reverse. If I am them, I also sell my HDB to exchange for private property! (but need to be fast before price go up further).

again

why didnt they buy in 2005/6 ??

current situation may be reverse ..but are they truly getting a bigger unit ? or better value ? they are paying a much higher psf compared ti their HDB ..

but they buy are not much bigger than HDB .. they are paying for facilities only ..

they havent yet known the other maintenance costs ..

anyway i shant go further on this ..

i only aim to warn upgraders, especially HDB upgraders acting on herd instinct ..

at the end of the day .. do you think the rich will suffer ? or the middle and lower income group ? who havent the experience and knowledge of this market

of course i do wish them best ..always a feel good factor to upgrade .. but upgrade wisely thats all i can say

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    To think of it, CPF monthly deduction cap used to be $6K and employer also contribute similar %. Today it's capped is $4.5k & employer % also lower. I hit my medisave account limit serveral times (withdrawn severals time for my mom operation/hospital bill).

Recently I spoke to some of my juniors in their mid-30s, they have not even reach the medisave account limit as I expected. Compare to us, their monthly total CPF contribution are much lower.

Plus the mass condo has increase from the past 300-400psf to 500-600psf to 800-1000psf. One of them bought a condo at 800psf a few months back. I asked him if he would still buy at 1000psf. The answer is a clear NO as it'll be over his budget.

Plus inflation, cost of living keep going up.

In short,
    CPF down down down ....
    Inflation up up up ...
    cost of living up up up ...
    condo price up up up ...
    condo size goes from large to medium to small to Super small

One thing to comfort with, Salary is still going up with some brake & cut in between. ie. at a slower rate. And for some unlucky ones, it's up up & down down down

Really pity the younger generations.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    To think of it, CPF monthly deduction cap used to be $6K and employer also contribute similar %. Today it's capped is $4.5k & employer % also lower. I hit my medisave account limit serveral times (withdrawn severals time for my mom operation/hospital bill).

Recently I spoke to some of my juniors in their mid-30s, they have not even reach the medisave account limit as I expected. Compare to us, their monthly total CPF contribution are much lower.

Plus the mass condo has increase from the past 300-400psf to 500-600psf to 800-1000psf. One of them bought a condo at 800psf a few months back. I asked him if he would still buy at 1000psf. The answer is a clear NO as it'll be over his budget.

In short,
    CPF down down down ....
    Inflation up up up ...
    condo price up up up ...

One thing to comfort with, Salary is still going up with some brake & cut in between. ie. at a slower rate. And for some unlucky ones, it's up up & down down down

i shant mention the industry .. but i know of some ..had their pay cut 40 pct in nov 2008 and then in jan cut anotehr 25 pct ..

Yes, you are right, the golden words "upgrade wisely". Upgrade wisely and upgrading is never wrong because HDB prices will never fly through the roof as it is no matter how meant for the mass market and if masses' income didn't rise how to expect the price to rise? However, private properties are different animals and there are many more players. Only private properties can make real money (but have to buy at good price lah).

again

why didnt they buy in 2005/6 ??

current situation may be reverse ..but are they truly getting a bigger unit ? or better value ? they are paying a much higher psf compared ti their HDB ..

but they buy are not much bigger than HDB .. they are paying for facilities only ..

they havent yet known the other maintenance costs ..

anyway i shant go further on this ..

i only aim to warn upgraders, especially HDB upgraders acting on herd instinct ..

at the end of the day .. do you think the rich will suffer ? or the middle and lower income group ? who havent the experience and knowledge of this market

of course i do wish them best ..always a feel good factor to upgrade .. but upgrade wisely thats all i can say

The cruz of this "condo price up up up" is that:

Those who already own condo - They become richer, richer & richer!

Those who still have yet to own condo - The will say: "#%*!)_+! sure drop one lah! How can price keep going up? Where got so many people got money to buy all these condos? All flipping only! They sure die & I can buy over from them cheap cheap!".

Quote Originally Posted by PN

In short,
    CPF down down down ....
    Inflation up up up ...
    condo price up up up ...

i shant mention the industry .. but i know of some ..had their pay cut 40 pct in nov 2008 and then in jan cut anotehr 25 pct ..
    I shall not mention the indusrty as well... I know some have AWS in Dec'08 and 3-6 months bonus in Jan'09 as well!!!