Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by draik
    Actually quite heng to get a unit. But I am thinking that must choose bank loan more carefully now. Make sure that the interest rate must not jump during the 4th or 5th year like OCBC as refinancing mean + 3 years.
    You can refinance with a shorter tenure isn't it? Assuming you have diligently set aside funds during the first 3 years.

I am taking a 37 year loan now. 4 years later, if I refinance, I may have to take a 23 year loan. I have not calculate how much will it affect the monthly payment.

I am taking a 37 year loan now. 4 years later, if I refinance, I may have to take a 23 year loan. I have not calculate how much will it affect the monthly payment.
    It's a 61% jump in installment if you reduce from 37 to 23. If you have means to finance it why not.

Actually quite heng to get a unit. But I am thinking that must choose bank loan more carefully now. Make sure that the interest rate must not jump during the 4th or 5th year like OCBC as refinancing mean + 3 years.
    Perhaps choose one that gives u the lowest thereafter spread ... Don't get tricked by the low first 3yrs spread ...

so did they sell all their apts? only townhouses left? those townhouse will take a while to sell, especially with these new measures.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    so did they sell all their apts? only townhouses left? those townhouse will take a while to sell, especially with these new measures.
    I heard should be be all sold. Even for those units that bounced.
    You are right about the townhouses.

Hi all,
    I've a question with regards to psf:

Recent transactions at Kovan Residence:
    2 bedrm, $1.28M, 883 sq, $1450psf
    3 bedrm, $1.5M, 1259 sq, $1191 psf

I bought my K Regency:
    3 bedrm, $1.245M, 980 sq, $1270 psf

My 3 bedrm is slight bigger than the 2 bedrm at K Residence. Should I peg it with the 2 bedrm or 3 bedrm at K Residence?
    OTP already exercised and just want jot down some of the lessons learnt.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    Hi all,

I bought my K Regency:

My 3 bedrm is slight bigger than the 2 bedrm at K Residence. Should I peg it with the 2 bedrm or 3 bedrm at K Residence?
    Thank you
    IMO, if I am assuming the psf you have listed are units that have similar attributes [same flr/view], you can peg to the 3rm Kovan Residence's psf. However you should take note that the eventual selling price depends on "when" you are selling. For example in a uptrend market, the psf market price for a 2rm or 3rm Kovan Residence will probably be selling at the same psf[regardless of whether initial purchase psf is 1191 or 1450 since everyone is trying to maximise their profits]

But in a downtrend, it is notably different if a seller is trying to cut loss/earn less or sell at cost price. The initial purchase psf will make a difference.

I would say that if the psf gap for a 2rm and 3rm is significant [>200-300psf], you should go for the 3rm since you are likely to have more cap appreciation provided that your exit timing is right. I checked the 3rm layout for ur unit and it seems reasonable, you made the right choice

coz 1st 4yrs BUC dispersed $$ will be gradually ramp up. basically you ar deferring paying. But also means u wont beinifit much from the low interest rate this few years.

Basically the issue for BUC.

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    IMO, if I am assuming the psf you have listed are units that have similar attributes [same flr/view], you can peg to the 3rm Kovan Residence's psf. However you should take note that the eventual selling price depends on "when" you are selling. For example in a uptrend market, the psf market price for a 2rm or 3rm Kovan Residence will probably be selling at the same psf[regardless of whether initial purchase psf is 1191 or 1450 since everyone is trying to maximise their profits]

But in a downtrend, it is notably different if a seller is trying to cut loss/earn less or sell at cost price. The initial purchase psf will make a difference.

I would say that if the psf gap for a 2rm and 3rm is significant [>200-300psf], you should go for the 3rm since you are likely to have more cap appreciation provided that your exit timing is right. I checked the 3rm layout for ur unit and it seems reasonable, you made the right choice

gosh... 3bedroom 980sqf!!!.....

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax

Hi Dtrax,
    Thank you for your analysis.
    With regards to my choice of 3 bedroom compact, which is type C2, I actually got 'scolded' by my wife for not buying a type C3, which comes with Utility room.
    Her view is that since we would most likely be renting to a family, the bigger C3 would be better as it also comes with utility.

However, I 'listened' to my agent:
    C2: Balcony 10 sqm, AC ledge 2 sqm 980 sq ft
    C3: Balcony 15 sqm, AC ledge 4 sqm 1130 sq ft
    Both layouts are very similar except at the entrance where C3 has a utility room. C2's 2nd bedrm can only fit a single bed.
    The price difference between them is about $150k (consider same floor)
    Agent says since I'm buying for investment, buy C2 since cash outlay is small. C3 maybe can fetch extra $500 rental per month, $6000/year. It will take $150k/6k=25 years to make up the difference.
    On launching day, C3 (48 units) sells out faster than C2 (60 units)
    Is my agent right? Of course too late to dwell over this purchase, I just want to treat this as a valuable lesson learnt.

what is the average psf for c2 and c3, same floor

Hi Dtrax,
    With regards to my choice of 3 bedroom compact, which is type C2, I actually got 'scolded' by my wife for not buying a type C3, which comes with Utility room.
    Her view is that since we would most likely be renting to a family, the bigger C3 would be better as it also comes with utility.

Both layouts are very similar except at the entrance where C3 has a utility room. C2's 2nd bedrm can only fit a single bed.
    Agent says since I'm buying for investment, buy C2 since cash outlay is small. C3 maybe can fetch extra $500 rental per month, $6000/year. It will take $150k/6k=25 years to make up the difference.
    Is my agent right? Of course too late to dwell over this purchase, I just want to treat this as a valuable lesson learnt.
    It could be the single loading effect that caused c3 to sell faster.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    what is the average psf for c2 and c3, same floor
    For mid floor, its about $1270 for C2 and $1250 for C3

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    It could be the single loading effect that caused c3 to sell faster.
    Thanks. C2 is not single loading?

Thanks. C2 is not single loading?
    My mistake.. c1 is the one without dual view.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    coz 1st 4yrs BUC dispersed $$ will be gradually ramp up. basically you ar deferring paying. But also means u wont beinifit much from the low interest rate this few years.

Basically the issue for BUC.
    You are right. I am looking more onto what my bank is offering beyond the 4th year.

Hi Dtrax,

the agent is right , it is easier to rent out 3 room which require lesser budget.....
    Last edited by henryhk; 12-10-12 at 13:58.

Hi all,

I bought my K Regency:

Thank you
    Just about 2km down at Jalan Pelikat , 930 sqft going at $1060psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool00
    Just about 2km down at Jalan Pelikat , 930 sqft going at $1060psf.
    Promenade@Pelikat or Primo? That one is much further away from MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Promenade@Pelikat or Primo? That one is much further away from MRT.
    Only 8-10mins walk to mrt. For a few mins walk a difference of 1300psf and 1050psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Liverpool00
    Only 8-10mins walk to mrt. For a few mins walk a difference of 1300psf and 1050psf.
    Roughly 9 min walk or 715m at the least along the HDB carpark. I always had this idea that perhaps the commercial units are subsidizing the residential units in the developer sales of a mixed development.

Agent SMS that there are 4 returned units due to buyers unable to secure their bank loans, but prices have been adjusted upwards by the developer. Round 2 of balloting tmr

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Agent SMS that there are 4 returned units due to buyers unable to secure their bank loans, but prices have been adjusted upwards by the developer. Round 2 of balloting tmr
    What unit types were returned?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    What unit types were returned?
    A mix of 2 premium, 3 compact and 3 premium

i heard even more units being returned as impulse buyers felt they bought too high a price and rather sacrifice the option fee.

As of today, 4 were returned for balloting. Mabbe there were more earlier but already been snapped up

As of today, 4 were returned for balloting. Mabbe there were more earlier but already been snapped up
    06-13: $1.7mil
    07-25: $1.258mil
    07-14: $1.178mil
    03-18: $1.32mil

Saw a lot of cranes on the site today. Feeling excited.

Hot swift sale will always have returned units.