Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    Hi can you advise what's 15+6+3? Thank you
    It means listed price x 0.85 x 0.94 x 0.97.
    So effective "discount" is 22.497%, not 24%.
    Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    It means listed price x 0.85 x 0.94 x 0.97.
    So effective "discount" is 22.497%, not 24%.
    Hope this helps.
    Thanks Lifeline!

Quote Originally Posted by dtrax
    Yup juz came b it's soo crowded but a lot of agents too. Lol 15+6+3% discount
    Should not look at discount. Ultimately is the psf that count. The psf is high quite many people can afford this.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    Should not look at discount. Ultimately is the psf that count. The psf is high quite many people can afford this.
    Thanks 4wheels for the reminder. There is a separate thread "Discount 15% + 5% + 3%...??" by radha08.
    I am a bit confused, if developer is giving the ABSD rebate to every buyer, does it 'benefit' those buyers who need to pay ABSD?

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    agree, sometimes they are just trying to confuse you that you had a good deal. simple just raise the price saying that this is a new release phase and then tell you got more discounts....walau, completely nonsense. always ask them what was the psf before and after discounts and you will know honest agent will yiyi oror, those cunning one will give u all kind of BS...

far east discount for first phase tends to be as long as the grocery list.

Seems that QE3 effect is there... Show rooms packed...

Visited this afternoon, really crazy crowd. Q to get into showflat to view, agent had to wait to get a table to sit down to talk prices. Really hot!

Selling point is 2br estimated at 1mil is cheaper than Kovan residences 1.2mil. Quantum game again but I think 1/2br will really be gone fast!

Did people have to queue to buy?

has anyone took part in balloting before? Heard those submitted cheques will be eligible for balloting on 29 Sep

So today was just for viewing and the actual purchase is later?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Did people have to queue to buy?
    Actually, they open the showflat sorely for show and cheque collection, no sale as yet. Sale will take place on 29 Sep, but judging by response I guess 50% sold in first week is easy...

IMO, finish and material use is below my expectations, and ID is not exciting, but I'm sure most buyers couldn't care less w the location and 'reasonable' quantum as compare to kovan residences.

Oh i see, trying to stir interest.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Actually, they open the showflat sorely for show and cheque collection, no sale as yet. Sale will take place on 29 Sep, but judging by response I guess 50% sold in first week is easy...

IMO, finish and material use is below my expectations, and ID is not exciting, but I'm sure most buyers couldn't care less w the location and 'reasonable' quantum as compare to kovan residences.
    what about compare K Regency with Bliss at Kovan? But heard Bliss only left ground floor units and penthouses

Bliss owners must be pretty pleased with themselves.

what about compare K Regency with Bliss at Kovan? But heard Bliss only left ground floor units and penthouses
    Bliss is further in but FH. I remember bliss has a larger living/dining but the 2nd rm could not fit in a queen sized bed. Balcony also v big

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Bliss is further in but FH. I remember bliss has a larger living/dining but the 2nd rm could not fit in a queen sized bed. Balcony also v big
    Thanks zeamybro, can you eyeing a unit in K Regency?

Thanks zeamybro, can you eyeing a unit in K Regency?
    Yes I m, cos I like the location

Yes I m, cos I like the location
    Great! I am eyeing a 2 bedroom premium at stack 24. Do you have any idea how the balloting works on 29 Sep?

Great! I am eyeing a 2 bedroom premium at stack 24. Do you have any idea how the balloting works on 29 Sep?
    Disclaimer: I might be wrong. The best is to confirm with your agent.

This project is marketed by Huttons. If they don't change their style... your cheque and documents will have a number attached to it on the balloting day.

All the numbers will be place in a bowl and they will draw one out each time and announced the name associated with that number. Once your name is called, you and your agent will entered the showroom to select whatever units are available then.

There may also be grouping. Ppl who buy multiple units will be drawn first. Followed by PH. Then the rest (aka Non multiple units and PH) will be drawn together.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Visited this afternoon, really crazy crowd. Q to get into showflat to view, agent had to wait to get a table to sit down to talk prices. Really hot!

Selling point is 2br estimated at 1mil is cheaper than Kovan residences 1.2mil. Quantum game again but I think 1/2br will really be gone fast!
    I saw some advertisements that distance is 200m to MRT. I think it should be around 300m since the escalator is located nearer to lowland road than Simon road. Its further distance as well as material used could justify why the price is lower, not to forget their 2 bedders premium are 14% smaller than Kovan Residences.

Can fit a queen size bed and still have 600mm walkway on 2 sides of the bed. The bed needs to be placed against the wall and window. Still walk-able as 600mm is typical shoulder width but 780mm would be recommended.

For 2 bedder bliss balcony is 9sqm while aircon ledge is 2sqm. Kovan Regency is 7 and 3 respectively. In terms of percentage of space used as balcony or aircon ledge, Bliss 2 bedder has 10.5% of its GFA under PES while a 2BR-Premium in Kovan Regency has 13.9% under PES.

the road in front of kovan is perceptually jam... with this new condo I can envision it will be even more jam.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    the road in front of kovan is perceptually jam... with this new condo I can envision it will be even more jam.
    Time to do road expansion and create a flyover or underpass.

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    I thought with this project they are going to cut a new road and call it Kovan Rise? Anyway, the traffic is not that bad...

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Time to do road expansion and create a flyover or underpass.
    Evening time left turning traffic along upp serangoon rd into kovan road should be able to leverage the relatively less congested bus lane.

Those who bought kovan residences at 1.2m now bang wall Liao .. new one though smaller but more efficient layout
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I thought with this project they are going to cut a new road and call it Kovan Rise? Anyway, the traffic is not that bad...
    Try driving there in the morning 8-10am and u tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Those who bought kovan residences at 1.2m now bang wall Liao .. new one though smaller but more efficient layout
    About 11.3% goes to balcony/planter and another 6.9% bay windows. Total 18.2%.