Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    Try driving there in the morning 8-10am and u tell
    me.
    I live within the area. There are no issues getting in and out of the area to join Upp Serangoon Rd. But if you are referring to Upp Serangoon Rd, I agree. The city bound stretch from Heartland Mall up to Serangoon Shopping Centre is no fun.

I hereby appoint bro Kanarazu as resident Dimension Consultant

anyone saw the 893 sq ft 3 bedder floor plan? really tempted to buy, but dont know will it be too small or not? the 980 sq ft is good, but at 1.2mil, a bit high....

How much is the psf? I was amazed at the crowd at the showflat. 1 mil for a 2 bedder sounds reasonable. But I still prefer the furnishing at Bliss and it is freehold but psf is 1500

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    I live within the area. There are no issues getting in and out of the area to join Upp Serangoon Rd. But if you are referring to Upp Serangoon Rd, I agree. The city bound stretch from Heartland Mall up to Serangoon Shopping Centre is no fun.
    but traffic is still moving and not like crawling right.. i think sat morning can be worst sometime as traffic jams while trying to turn into the car park where NTUC is located.

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    but traffic is still moving and not like crawling right.. i think sat morning can be worst sometime as traffic jams while trying to turn into the car park where NTUC is located.
    Yes, especially bad on Sat morning into mid afternoon. But traffic is still moving though. Kovan Regency is a good location - somewhat tucked away on high ground yet close to everything. I'd be sorely tempted if I am in the market. I wonder if the car park beside KR will still be there or is it part of the site?

Quote Originally Posted by insigina
    Yes, especially bad on Sat morning into mid afternoon. But traffic is still moving though. Kovan Regency is a good location - somewhat tucked away on high ground yet close to everything. I'd be sorely tempted if I am in the market. I wonder if the car park beside KR will still be there or is it part of the site?
    Part of the site.

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    IMO, finish and material use is below my expectations, and ID is not exciting, but I'm sure most buyers couldn't care less w the location and 'reasonable' quantum as compare to kovan residences.
    Agree. Visited the show flat and finish not really good. The window height is at slight above waist level level similar to those HDB height. I understand the bay windows is gone but the the windows height should start at knee height.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    About 11.3% goes to balcony/planter and another 6.9% bay windows. Total 18.2%.
    Kanarazu - u r really good in dimensions

Ya I think when we compare the psf between the 2 KRs, we should also take into consideration the planters/balconies and baywindows.

I have a colleague staying in Kovan Residences who complain to me about the excessive noise/dust from the road. Those inner facing ones are facing the west sun.

Any room for LTA to widen the road at Upp Serangoon? It's a nightmare happening during daytime!

Kovan is getting so hot these days. should they include this as part of D13 / bartley area soon

Marketing strategy is good to lock-in the cheque early becos too many project will be launching in the few weeks time.
    Actually, they open the showflat sorely for show and cheque collection, no sale as yet. Sale will take place on 29 Sep, but judging by response I guess 50% sold in first week is easy...

IMO, finish and material use is below my expectations, and ID is not exciting, but I'm sure most buyers couldn't care less w the location and 'reasonable' quantum as compare to kovan residences.

Wouldn't the size of bedroom be rather small in a 893sq ft unit?
    Quote Originally Posted by nochoice
    anyone saw the 893 sq ft 3 bedder floor plan? really tempted to buy, but dont know will it be too small or not? the 980 sq ft is good, but at 1.2mil, a bit high....

Can have 2 double size beds and 1 single bed. If you want additional storage space you can only build at the tv console area or master bed room. 16.8% of 893 goes to balcony or aircon ledge already.

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Kanarazu - u r really good in dimensions

Ya I think when we compare the psf between the 2 KRs, we should also take into consideration the planters/balconies and baywindows.

I have a colleague staying in Kovan Residences who complain to me about the excessive noise/dust from the road. Those inner facing ones are facing the west sun.
    I think the inner one is facing north-west sun. So the sun is not so direct. but view is unblocked by the landed so it should be very windy.

I think the inner one is facing north-west sun. So the sun is not so direct. but view is unblocked by the landed so it should be very windy.
    NW sun would be the worst, especially when it comes during Mar-Sep period which is the hottest in singapore. Regardless, the location of Kovan Residences is really superb la, MRT at door-step. Kovan Regency residents would need to walk about 300m longer, somemore upslope if going home.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    Kovan is getting so hot these days. should they include this as part of D13 / bartley area soon
    From what I see, some of the nuseries next to heartland mall are gone and maybe some will slowly disappear. Once all gone, heartland mall may be rebuilt into a bigger mall/residence with bigger car parks especially now the car park is so congested. Land there is $$ expensive.

Default tennis court

does any one knows why there is no tennis court in K Regency whereas K Residence can have one? Both about the same land area, K Residence 191,966.25 sq ft where as K Regency 182,924 sqft. K Residence has 32 stacks (which are generally bigger) and K Regency has 27 stacks + 15 townhouses

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    does any one knows why there is no tennis court in K Regency whereas K Residence can have one? Both about the same land area, K Residence 191,966.25 sq ft where as K Regency 182,924 sqft. K Residence has 32 stacks (which are generally bigger) and K Regency has 27 stacks + 15 townhouses
    Precisely got the townhouse so no space liao for more facilities

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    I hereby appoint bro Kanarazu as resident Dimension Consultant
    No lah, I am just 搬門弄府,I am sure many experts here 臥虎藏龍 in this forum never come out.

They squeeze until blood also come out... Scary, look at the number of ppl going to be in this plot.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    They squeeze until blood also come out... Scary, look at the number of ppl going to be in this plot.
    What's an objective method to measure density? Will sum of bed capacity in all units be a good measurement? Eg 1 bedder has 2 occupants, 3 bedder has 5 occupants, 2 bedder compact has 3 while 2 bedder premium has 4 etc.

The 2nd bedroom which has the queen size bed has only 600mm wide walkway on all 3 sides. The 3rd bed room has a single bed with only 500mm wide walkway on 2 sides. These are the more cramped part of the unit. If its for your own stay you need to think if you can accept these measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    K Regency has more units than K residences?

From what I see, some of the nuseries next to heartland mall are gone and maybe some will slowly disappear. Once all gone, heartland mall may be rebuilt into a bigger mall/residence with bigger car parks especially now the car park is so congested. Land there is $$ expensive.
    One of the nursery is already being converted to carpark.

K Regency has more units than K residences?
    K Regency has 278 units + 15 townhouses. K Residence has 521 units

K Regency has 278 units + 15 townhouses. K Residence has 521 units
    Should be 378, typo. Plot ratio is 2.1 and 3.5 respectively hence Residences have more units.

Floor plan 980 below:

http://www.kovanregency.com.sg/kovan...ns-type-C2.htm

2nd bedroom about same size as 893. 3rd bed room is much more roomy.

bro kana.... your Fu3 should be axe that Fu3. not the abode that Fu3.

and the Ban1 should be zebra that Ban1 not moving house one.