Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

showflat opens into the nite.
    I see the double balcony, the one at the kitchen, good to sun clothings but so far away from the yard...
    not sure how big is the back balcony and seems like quite a waster

was told, 3 and 4 bedroom is around $1,250

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    This project should be better located. To me, the negative is the lousy finishing and the wall for the window is as high as the waist level. Newer HDB also has knee height wall for window. Not too sure why developer think other wise.
    I think not all bedrooms have short windows ... Some are full panel windows

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    showflat opens into the nite.
    I see the double balcony, the one at the kitchen, good to sun clothings but so far away from the yard...
    not sure how big is the back balcony and seems like quite a waster

was told, 3 and 4 bedroom is around $1,250
    Type C3 (105 m2, 3 bedroom) comes with 2 balconies with area 15 m2. %age is 14.2%. From the site plan, it is north south facing and hence with 2 balconies, it should be very windy.

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    This project should be better located. To me, the negative is the lousy finishing and the wall for the window is as high as the waist level. Newer HDB also has knee height wall for window. Not too sure why developer think other wise.
    Maybe concrete cheaper than glass? Care to elaborate why the finishing is lousy? Are you referring to the tiles?

waist height wall is good... can walk around in undies or none

Notice something interesting about this project is that it has some 2/3br layouts which allow the 2nd bedroom to be an ensuite.

Friends were joking yday that they could do up a fake wall for the 2br and pretend to be a 1br, thus preventing 'some' relatives from wanting to come and bunk in..

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    Notice something interesting about this project is that it has some 2/3br layouts which allow the 2nd bedroom to be an ensuite.

Friends were joking yday that they could do up a fake wall for the 2br and pretend to be a 1br, thus preventing 'some' relatives from wanting to come and bunk in..
    That will be a rare '1 bedder' with enclosed kitchen

Attachment 4564Hi,
    Is it functional for the yard+utility and the kitchen to be separated?

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    Attachment 4564Hi,
    Is it functional for the yard+utility and the kitchen to be separated?
    Washing machine is at the yard should be ok. What is the concern?

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Washing machine is at the yard should be ok. What is the concern?
    Thanks Kanarazu. I thought it will be better for them to be together, from doing household chores point of view

The floor plans are very efficient and AC ledge is small.

Anybody going for balloting this weekend? Seems like not much interest in this thread compared to ECO thread. Agent said most likely will be selling around $1400 psf after discount. Frankly speaking is ECO better located?
    What type of units for $1400psf?

Thanks Kanarazu. I thought it will be better for them to be together, from doing household chores point of view
    If do heavy cookings then the laundry will be free from the cooking smells... Lol. Think developer designs the floorplan in such a way to receive max sunlight and capitalizes on the NS facing.

Location wise I thought its good becos it's jus one stop away from Serangoon Nex, an interchange with Circle line which brings you to NS line at bishan and EW line at PayaLebar. Also directly linked to Dhoby Ghaut which is a major interchange of 3 train lines..

Overall I think it's a simple, boring but non-gimmicky and no nonsense kind of project which appeals to me

Anybody going for balloting this weekend? Seems like not much interest in this thread compared to ECO thread. Agent said most likely will be selling around $1400 psf after discount. Frankly speaking is ECO better located?
    $1400psf? Maybe can consider some city fringe projects.. I know you know which one I'm referring to

Quote Originally Posted by zeamybro
    If do heavy cookings then the laundry will be free from the cooking smells... Lol. Think developer designs the floorplan in such a way to receive max sunlight and capitalizes on the NS facing.

Location wise I thought its good becos it's jus one stop away from Serangoon Nex, an interchange with Circle line which brings you to NS line at bishan and EW line at PayaLebar. Also directly linked to Dhoby Ghaut which is a major interchange of 3 train lines..

Overall I think it's a simple, boring but non-gimmicky and no nonsense kind of project which appeals to me
    If you check concept plan 2001 there is supposed to be MRT interchange at Hougang and punggol.

What type of units for $1400psf?
    Type B2, 775 sq ft, indicative $1.09 million for higher floors

Quote Originally Posted by hovivi
    $1400psf? Maybe can consider some city fringe projects.. I know you know which one I'm referring to
    Thanks hovivi. yes I know

That's probably for the 13th floor of the best stack. If you buy low floors that is only $1200, which puts you at $200psf below Bliss.

That's probably for the 13th floor of the best stack. If you buy low floors that is only $1200, which puts you at $200psf below Bliss.
    Thanks. Its for investment so will probably get mid floor.

may be keen on this project. however with the projected price pegged to next door's kovan residences and remembering upper limit of phantom's affordability index of 1400psf, this project is already setting the benchmark for this area. where will the potential upside come from? unless all projects in singapore get boosted by qe3 and mrt premiums go up further...

for the 1/2br, the nicer-sized 2br premium faces south, looking at the perimeter and gets blocked by the kovan residences. seems like 1 br has better facing... will be hot.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    may be keen on this project. however with the projected price pegged to next door's kovan residences and remembering upper limit of phantom's affordability index of 1400psf, this project is already setting the benchmark for this area. where will the potential upside come from? unless all projects in singapore get boosted by qe3 and mrt premiums go up further...

for the 1/2br, the nicer-sized 2br premium faces south, looking at the perimeter and gets blocked by the kovan residences. seems like 1 br has better facing... will be hot.
    @lifeline, if I am not wrong, for 2 bedroom premium, only stack 24 is blocked by Kovan Residence. However it is closest to the MRT as there is a side door. stack 16 has nice views of the landed and stack 20 is somewhere in between.

Since I only qualify for 60% loan, I tried to get a resale in Kovan Residence. If I buy Kovan Regency, the 40% upfront cash (20% downpayment, 10% ~ 9 months later & another 10% ~ 9 months later) But as I've mentioned before, the 883 sf 2 bedroom all asking above $1.3 million and facing noisy upper serangoon rd (> $1,472 psf). So I thought of getting K Regency this Sat. So far the indicative prices seems reasonable to me.

[quote=lifeline]may be keen on this project. however with the projected price pegged to next door's kovan residences and remembering upper limit of phantom's affordability index of 1400psf, this project is already setting the benchmark for this area. where will the potential upside come from? unless all projects in singapore get boosted by qe3 and mrt premiums go up further...

for the 1/2br, the nicer-sized 2br premium faces south, looking at the perimeter and gets blocked by the kovan residences. seems like 1 br has better facing... will be hot.[/quote

But seems like the balcony is 9m is it too big for 2 bedder ]

@CP5211 : that's the same stack my friend advised if getting 2br for investment. rental yield may be there; own stay will be ok; only wondering where is the upside coming from... stack 04 may be better - unblocked by kovan residences, away from bin, provided dun mind the size, number and looking straight into the road - unless get high floor.

@CP5211 : that's the same stack my friend advised if getting 2br for investment. rental yield may be there; own stay will be ok; only wondering where is the upside coming from... stack 04 may be better - unblocked by kovan residences, away from bin, provided dun mind the size, number and looking straight into the road - unless get high floor.
    I'm buying to fight inflation + rental. Stack 04 (1+study) looks good. I'm looking at 2 bedroom premium.

Bubble.....

Another way of looking at affordability is quantum. Psf may go up but unit size shrinks in future, go the way of Hong Kong... When I saw KR and some other new launches I realized 2BR above 800 sq ft are now rare in D19.

There won't be any more new launches nearby and nearer to MRT, is that a good thing for KR? The next one will be Wingtai almost 600m away but FH and further down the road who knows the HUDC blocks 7xx next to The Florence will privatize and go enbloc in future.

[QUOTE=Noexit]

for the 1/2br, the nicer-sized 2br premium faces south, looking at the perimeter and gets blocked by the kovan residences. seems like 1 br has better facing... will be hot.[/quote

But seems like the balcony is 9m is it too big for 2 bedder ]
    That's the 1+1, technically the same as 2 bedder... Yes it's too big.

Another way of looking at affordability is quantum. Psf may go up but unit size shrinks in future, go the way of Hong Kong... When I saw KR and some other new launches I realized 2BR above 800 sq ft are now rare in D19.

There won't be any more new launches nearby and nearer to MRT, is that a good thing for KR? The next one will be Wingtai almost 600m away but FH and further down the road who knows the HUDC blocks 7xx next to The Florence will privatize and go enbloc in future.
    the currently building carpark right next to the nursery and all the nurseries are planned for residential. Do not know when it will happen.

I tot indicative prices are from low floors and not so hot stacks, no?

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    I tot indicative prices are from low floors and not so hot stacks, no?
    I think its quite hard to differentiate between better or lousier stacks in this project...

For the stacks facing Simon Rd, they are either closer to the main gate but too close to Kovan Residences, or further away from the main gate, faces landed and a Temple .....

For the stacks facing Florence Rd, I think the most inner stack would have better unblocked view, but in general the horizon would be blocked by the HDB...