Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by 4wheels
    the currently building carpark right next to the nursery and all the nurseries are planned for residential. Do not know when it will happen.
    Agent said Kovan Regency is the last plot in the area, anyway to verify? Thank you!

Any idea what plans they have for the kovan bus interchange?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Any idea what plans they have for the kovan bus interchange?
    I seriously doubt any govt initiated renewal will happen within an opposition ward.

Any idea how's the sales of KR over the wkend? I heard more than 90% sold???

aiyo, forum off, then all off

only left with TH and PH

Anyone took some field pics on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna
    aiyo, forum off, then all off

only left with TH and PH
    Hahaha ... Ya, forum is main source of info mah ...

Quote Originally Posted by bakasa2002
    Any idea how's the sales of KR over the wkend? I heard more than 90% sold???
    i last heard its sold out. Show flat closing liao

I visited the showflat before the launch and the launch day. Could not get in on the day of launch as it was just too packed and Q was too long.

The only plus point about this project is the walking distance to MRT and not facing the main road. All the observations made by the forummers are valid in term of windows, swimming pool, quality, efficiency of layout etc.

The other aspect I want to highlight is the exceptionally high profit margin made by the developer. Hoi Hup secured the site for S$507psf ppr in January this year and, with this sort of quality and build, I estimate the profit margin is in the high end of 30%.

In other words, even if the Govt sold the land cheap, the developers will not sell cheap, So, don't blame our PAP.

I visited the showflat before the launch and the launch day. Could not get in on the day of launch as it was just too packed and Q was too long.

The only plus point about this project is the walking distance to MRT and not facing the main road. All the observations made by the forummers are valid in term of windows, swimming pool, quality, efficiency of layout etc.

The other aspect I want to highlight is the exceptionally high profit margin made by the developer. Hoi Hup secured the site for S$507psf ppr in January this year and, with this sort of quality and build, I estimate the profit margin is in the high end of 30%.

In other words, even if the Govt sold the land cheap, the developers will not sell cheap, So, don't blame our PAP.
    Is the land sales psf inclusive of the 10% bonus GFA, otherwise the profits even higher.

And a similar logic applies to those EC, the higher the ceiling, the higher the price. They're starting to see that now.

yes, some more
    now, double AC ledge, double balcony
    and some worst, got RC ledge included as well

Actually the rear balcony looks like just took the space of what was the backyeard in the typical design of the past. But the double aircon ledge is absolutely redundant. URA should clamp down on the ruling on these senseless aircon ledges. Otherwise we will soon have to think in terms of efficiency ratios like HK

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    Actually the rear balcony looks like just took the space of what was the backyeard in the typical design of the past. But the double aircon ledge is absolutely redundant. URA should clamp down on the ruling on these senseless aircon ledges. Otherwise we will soon have to think in terms of efficiency ratios like HK
    When URA knows, they will AC-know-ledge this problem.

yes, some more
    RC ledge is counted only if in excess of 2m. I hardly see long ones around though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    RC ledge is counted only if in excess of 2m. I hardly see long ones around though.
    not many people know of this...
    I saw one recently....scary...buyers are paying for all these unusable areas

yes, some more
    wats rc ledge ?

Quote Originally Posted by price
    wats rc ledge ?
    Reinforced concrete ledge. Like AC ledge but no railing...

The air con maintenance guy gets a luxurious serving of space to do their maintenance work.

What's the purpose of this ledge? Does Kovan Regency have it?

so when u have R/C why do u need another A/C?

Had a firend's brother whoa bought A 2000sqft unit in D11 and realised that the actual useable area Is reduced with large balcony, large AC ledge and even the double volume space.
    not many people know of this...
    I saw one recently....scary...buyers are paying for all these unusable areas

The 3 bedder even have two separate AC ledges and two balcony. .

Provides shade from sun and rain. KR has it at the bathroom but only 1.45m long. To be fair they are part of the facade and may exist primarily for the external look and feel.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Had a firend's brother whoa bought A 2000sqft unit in D11 and realised that the actual useable area Is reduced with large balcony, large AC ledge and even the double volume space.
    Must always ask about the double volume space. I think it's a standard to count it now. As for balcony and aircon ledge, that should have been visible on the floor plan no? Here, everyone is always very critical about the size of air con ledges with some projects like KR having 2 for such a small unit!

Must always ask about the double volume space. I think it's a standard to count it now. As for balcony and aircon ledge, that should have been visible on the floor plan no? Here, everyone is always very critical about the size of air con ledges with some projects like KR having 2 for such a small unit!
    Each outdoor unit for a/c typically only 30cm x 90cm excluding protruding parts so a 2sqm AC ledge should be sufficient if 2 units are required. Similarly 1sqm for 1 unit is good enough. Anything more is really luxury for the carrier man.

Quote Originally Posted by price
    so when u have R/C why do u need another A/C?
    RC ledge cannot install aircon. No railing mah!

Construction cost of AC ledge is about $30-50psf but developer charge $1300psf. Wow! Look at the profit.
    Each outdoor unit for a/c typically only 30cm x 90cm excluding protruding parts so a 2sqm AC ledge should be sufficient if 2 units are required. Similarly 1sqm for 1 unit is good enough. Anything more is really luxury for the carrier man.

Provides shade from sun and rain. KR has it at the bathroom but only 1.45m long. To be fair they are part of the facade and may exist primarily for the external look and feel.
    RC ledge can be quite a headache when pigeons settle there, or bees build a hive there.

Quote Originally Posted by buttercarp
    RC ledge can be quite a headache when pigeons settle there, or bees build a hive there.
    the ledge is pure profit man. but yeah, if you get pigeon poo all over that is going to be a real headache.