Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Kovan Regency (Hoi Hup) near Kovan MRT

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I am pretty amazed that a 1bedder in citylights commands 1mil now. It has breached the quantum price of a ccr mm?

It is good to be part of this forum whenever i have the time. Keep me updated on the current pricing and trend.
    I did some basic analysis of the trends for MM in terms of vols of sales vs the price band in various CCR and Non-CCR:
    http://forums.condosingapore.com/sho...719#post302719
    I might be wrong but if you draw a bell curve, I would say the extreme ends of the graph [ being the 400K non-ccr mm and low quantum ccr mm buyers] will have a better chance of a higher returns vs the bulk of buyers in other segments

Citylights 1rm studio has hit >1mil for quite some time and I guess it is mainly because of steady rental yield which is still about >4% gross rental easily for 1mil
    Last edited by dtrax; 12-09-12 at 21:16.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosy
    I just have a 2nd look at the unit sizes. 506sqft for 1bedder.

Maybe you are refering to 3xxsqft mm? Someone mentioned alexis, their mm is about 400sqft.

Anyway i am equally surprised by the fact that a 2bedder in kovan residences can command 1.2mil. I guess kovan has almost reach the prices of rcr projects like citysquare and citylights.
    1.2 mil is the asking price for 2 bedder (883 sq ft) low floor and facing noisy upper serangoon road, the higher floors and better facings (883 sq ft also) are asking close to 1.3 mil

Quote Originally Posted by Kanarazu
    Means partially sheltered balcony. Take note this floor plan is for 14th floor so may not be representative of all floors 2BR-P.

In terms of layout, I'll take a close look later. The clipped corners are strange though and seems to lack a place for shoe rack.
    Looks like web administrator removed the floor plan on the website.
    Here's my assessment of the layout of 2BR-P:

1. There is a small area at the front door which could be used as shoe rack for small shoes less than 25cm. Big shoes have to go into the DB/ST store next to the dining table, along with other things meant for the store room since there is no HS.
    2. The main 敗筆 in the unit is the area around dining table looks congested. The chairs when used will exceed 20cm into the walkway and the dining table shown on floor plan is 1200mm x 750mm, quite small I would say. Something like 1350 x 850 would be more comfortable.
    3. Master bed room have ample space to add more wardrobe probably another 2m max. This is good.
    4. URA considers RC ledge as GFA if it exceed 1.4m. The one in the layout seems to be around 1.45m, hope I am wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    The 50m lap pool looks tiny ... 3 lanes max??
    Where is the Tennis Court??
    It's about 6.4m wide pool.

It's about 6.4m wide pool.
    Machiam mbs?

Showflat opened for viewing!!

Come look look see see

Floorplans can't 'widely' circulate yet

http://sgnewcondolaunch.com/sale/kov...nc-by-hoi-hup/

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    Thanks ... this is 2br premium floor plan ... very efficient layout and both rooms able to fit queen size bed .. what is the balcony 'open to sky' means?

For the 2 and 3 bedders, the Master Br is on side of the living room while the common Br are on the other side. Is such a layout good in terms of functionality and privacy? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by CP5211
    For the 2 and 3 bedders, the Master Br is on side of the living room while the common Br are on the other side. Is such a layout good in terms of functionality and privacy? Thank you
    You will see such layout at Sea Esta and it's quite popular I would say

Some Buyers even went as far to say its easier to rent out.. Individual take

Quote Originally Posted by ZeeWee
    You will see such layout at Sea Esta and it's quite popular I would say

Some Buyers even went as far to say its easier to rent out.. Individual take
    Thanks ZeeWee. Could you shed some light as to why it is easier to rent out? The only reason I could think of is when owner is staying and occupying the MasterBr and he rent out the common bed room. More privacy for the landlord?

Err.. Regarding point 1., the fridge is beside the small area, not a v.gd idea to build shoe rack there I think.

Do you also have the 1+1 unit floor plan? Can post pls?

Looks like web administrator removed the floor plan on the website.
    Here's my assessment of the layout of 2BR-P:

1. There is a small area at the front door which could be used as shoe rack for small shoes less than 25cm. Big shoes have to go into the DB/ST store next to the dining table, along with other things meant for the store room since there is no HS.
    2. The main 敗筆 in the unit is the area around dining table looks congested. The chairs when used will exceed 20cm into the walkway and the dining table shown on floor plan is 1200mm x 750mm, quite small I would say. Something like 1350 x 850 would be more comfortable.
    3. Master bed room have ample space to add more wardrobe probably another 2m max. This is good.
    4. URA considers RC ledge as GFA if it exceed 1.4m. The one in the layout seems to be around 1.45m, hope I am wrong here.

Quote Originally Posted by auroraborealis
    Err.. Regarding point 1., the fridge is beside the small area, not a v.gd idea to build shoe rack there I think.

Do you also have the 1+1 unit floor plan? Can post pls?
    I am referring to the area outside the unit which can place shoe rack. Believe that area is also part of GFA?
    No I don't have any other floor plans...If you found any more pls share.

Thanks ZeeWee. Could you shed some light as to why it is easier to rent out? The only reason I could think of is when owner is staying and occupying the MasterBr and he rent out the common bed room. More privacy for the landlord?
    privacy for both the landlord and tenant.

Thats precisily what some Buyers said haha..

Anyway if any of you seen Sea Esta, Kovan Regency will be somehow similiar

There are even units with Dual Views (Again yes but popular), this should be the best selling stacks

*just input the pricing, should be fairly accurate liao*

There are even units with Dual Views (Again yes but popular), this should be the best selling stacks

Dual view is great if the views are good, otherwise it become for the sake of having a dual view.

Such as those low floor units, the view that is toward the private should have the balcony remove for that side as it doen't make sense to view the roof top of the private housing.

ha. I was right. guessed it was from 688k up

Those who need the flrplans can PM me, me no agent however

It will be harder to sell Bartley Residences once Kovan Regency is launched.

what about that Gambling Ridge or something....

Gambler Rich

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Gambler Rich
    Haha that one freehold and quite Mickey mouse, quite difficult to compare. It sure is expensive though, I would put it in the same league as naung residences.

Default Kovan Residence vs Kovan Regency

Hi,
    I am trying to get a 883 sq ft 2 bedder in Kovan Residence for investment. However, those better facing and high floor units are all asking more than $1.3 million. Now with the launching of Kovan Regency, I see they have 775 sq ft 2 bedroom premium, indicative pricing $920k to $1.079 mil. Would Kovan Regency be a better choice given the affordable quantum? When tenants say they want 2 bedrooms, do they also specify the minimum size of the unit? I am fine with a lower rental (since smaller area) as compared to K Residence (or other 2 bedroom projects like K Melody) Any advice are welcome! Thank you so much!

Thanks ZeeWee and 4Wheels.

Hi,
    I am trying to get a 883 sq ft 2 bedder in Kovan Residence for investment. However, those better facing and high floor units are all asking more than $1.3 million. Now with the launching of Kovan Regency, I see they have 775 sq ft 2 bedroom premium, indicative pricing $920k to $1.079 mil. Would Kovan Regency be a better choice given the affordable quantum? When tenants say they want 2 bedrooms, do they also specify the minimum size of the unit? I am fine with a lower rental (since smaller area) as compared to K Residence (or other 2 bedroom projects like K Melody) Any advice are welcome! Thank you so much!
    for tenant, they will visit the condo and determine if it is worth the price. size in psf does not necessary tell u the livable size. So, if I were to rent, I will visit the unit before I decide.

Kovan Residence you can get the rental immediately. See how much difference is that accumulated over 4yrs by the time Kovan Regency is finished.

Assume 4k for ease of calculation. one yr is 50k, 4yrs is 200k.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Kovan Residence you can get the rental immediately. See how much difference is that accumulated over 4yrs by the time Kovan Regency is finished.

Assume 4k for ease of calculation. one yr is 50k, 4yrs is 200k.
    Hi,
    I am trying to get a 883 sq ft 2 bedder in Kovan Residence for investment. However, those better facing and high floor units are all asking more than $1.3 million. Now with the launching of Kovan Regency, I see they have 775 sq ft 2 bedroom premium, indicative pricing $920k to $1.079 mil. ......
    1.3mil -200k = 1.1mil, still more than the 920k to 1.079mil range.
    furthermore 200k is not total received, pay interest portion, property tax, maintenance etc.
    lets net equity buildup is only 100k, 1.3mil - 100k = 1.2mil, now further away from 920k to 1.079mil range.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    furthermore 200k is not total received, pay interest portion, property tax, maintenance etc.
    lets net equity buildup is only 100k, 1.3mil - 100k = 1.2mil, now further away from 920k to 1.079mil range.
    Land lease difference and building depreciation too.

Interestingly, new launches are beginning to undercut relatively new neighbouring projects nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful
    But 883 is nearly 15% larger than 775 sq ft, that's another factor that affects the price. And Residences is much closer to MRT and amenities.

But 883 is nearly 15% larger than 775 sq ft, that's another factor that affects the price. And Residences is much closer to MRT and amenities.
    Actually suspect bot much difference in space k residence bay window really quite a bit.

don't forget the opportunity cost of time. you cant predict the market what it will be like in 4yrs time, but you can see for yourself the present state of market.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824
    Actually suspect bot much difference in space k residence bay window really quite a bit.
    True... About 65 sq ft of 883 goes to bay window.