Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two men arrested for spate of break-ins

Default Two men arrested for spate of break-ins

A friend was telling me that such cases is becoming more and more common even in places like minister's residential area in district 10. he is suspecting that it could be due to all the A&A activities.

Police have arrested two men believed to be involved in various private residential estate break-ins in Simei, Siglap Frankel, Simpang Bedok and Pasir Panjang.

http://www.todayonline.com/Hotnews/E...e-of-break-ins

siglap frankel......i got to be on guard for 2 more weeks...

20 cases in 18 days.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadey
    20 cases in 18 days.
    huat 10 BIG...10small...2018

no thanks to google streetview .... can easily plan to find targets

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    A friend was telling me that such cases is becoming more and more common even in places like minister's residential area in district 10. he is suspecting that it could be due to all the A&A activities.
    What is A&A activities?

hi ...........

Quote Originally Posted by pinkpolkadot
    What is A&A activities?
    Alteration and Additional. This is when olded landed get redeveloped.

When you have workers or contractors hanging around the estates for many months chances are they will be able to know the movement of the people living around that estate or even make friends with their helpers.

Alteration and Additional. This is when olded landed get redeveloped.

When you have workers or contractors hanging around the estates for many months chances are they will be able to know the movement of the people living around that estate or even make friends with their helpers.

wah kao! so many break in..

finally know what A & A mean... lol!!
    I took the road less traveled by, and that has made all the difference.” - Robert Frost quotes (American poet, 1874-1963)

Today paper say there were 100 landed property break in cases last year. which mean, everyday almost 3 houses will get hit.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...round-20130331
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

u mean stay in HDB no break is it...
    or maybe guarded & gated landed!

Today paper say there were 100 landed property break in cases last year. which mean, everyday almost 3 houses will get hit.

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...round-20130331
    Last edited by lajia; 31-03-13 at 16:37.

Gated community still slightly better.

Quote Originally Posted by lajia
    u mean stay in HDB no break is it...
    or maybe guarded & gated landed!
    increase from 60+ cases in 2011, to 100 cases in 2012. 50% rise.

Thats definitely not a good thing for landed owner. Very soon, they will all need to install metal grill like HDB flat liao.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

should be 1 landed every 3.6 days...

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    should be 1 landed every 3.6 days...
    yar you right.,,my bad..

In Malaysia it's every 3.6 minutes
    I am rich in debts...

yar you right.,,my bad..

Even then, it is one too many.
    Article seems to suggest trend may increase. We have been targeted. Everyone must increase their vigilance and form neighbourhood watch.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeline
    Even then, it is one too many.
    Article seems to suggest trend may increase. We have been targeted. Everyone must increase their vigilance and form neighbourhood watch.
    I think one forummer here already experienced it first hand, and thats why he sold his landed property to live in condo.

Perhaps this is the reason why some Singaporeans are willing to pay 15-20m to live in penthouses instead of landed property

I think one forummer here already experienced it first hand, and thats why he sold his landed property to live in condo.

Perhaps this is the reason why some Singaporeans are willing to pay 15-20m to live in penthouses instead of landed property

Actual reply from that particular forumer when asked whether he/she was still holding onto those landed property.

Quote Originally Posted by may2012
    sold them to downgrade to condo...

Everytime you go out have to think about whether the windows are locked etc.

Quote Originally Posted by proper-t
    Actual reply from that particular forumer when asked whether he/she was still holding onto those landed property.
    haha...talking abt me?

actually that was abt 20 years ago. at that time, security technology not as gd as it is today.

today, we hv cctv, motion dectectors, infa-red sensors, heat seeking detectors, etc. and much cheaper now, not easy for the crooks lah.

haha...talking abt me?

actually that was abt 20 years ago. at that time, security technology not as gd as it is today.

today, we hv cctv, motion dectectors, infa-red sensors, heat seeking detectors, etc. and much cheaper now, not easy for the crooks lah.
    Agree. Thanks for clarifying.

from 66 cases to 100 cases in 2012 despite of advancement in security technology? only goes to show that burglar today are alot smarter than before.

Better to live in sky villa instead of having to cage yourself up.

from 66 cases to 100 cases in 2012 despite of advancement in security technology? only goes to show that burglar today are alot smarter than before.

Better to live in sky villa instead of having to cage yourself up.

As one forumer pointed out. Why downgrade & bang yr head ???

Last edited by proper-t; 02-04-13 at 13:06.

Quality of life is not measure by the size of the home you own.

And yes, 100 case of break in is definitely not acceptable in Singapore because landed property owners are paying through the nose to live in them.

Are you going to let news articles and fear mongering affect your choice of accommodation?

Readers here are definitely more astute than that.

Who could be more objective than someone who has been through a housebreak and sold off their landed?

Why downgrade and bang head?

Are you going to let news articles and fear mongering affect your choice of accommodation?

Readers here are definitely more astute than that.

Who could be more objective than someone who has been through a housebreak and sold off their landed?

Why downgrade and bang head?
    If you want to quote may2012, why didnt you quote the below statement from the same thread? Again, selective reading and paraphrasing like you always do....if you dont know what I mean, go watch these videos..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRR3gEHLH8M
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6x2WwIFrKAs

Purely base on my experiences.

Stayed for 12 yrs in 2 landed Terraces before staying in 2 condos for 11yrs.

My landeds were broken into twice. As for my condos, no security problems at all.

Many landed owners take security for granted. In fact twice the theft enter my house thru my neighbour's unit.

Not forgetting public transports usually do not ply within landed estates. School going children and grannies have to be vigilant if they need to walk to a bus stop or MRT stations.

Beside the spade of break-ins in Siglap not too long ago, this is another reminder.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking...glary-20130314

So security was one of the reasons we move to high rise condo w guards.

Landed owners save some money under false sense of security.

This is a Real Fact.

Who is being selective and need to use big red fonts to try to sway readers?

If readers here want to know the whole story. These are all the relevant posts in chronological order from earliest to latest. Let the readers here be the judge of the views of someone who actually went though a housebreak and sold off his landed.

Purely base on my experiences.

Stayed for 12 yrs in 2 landed Terraces before staying in 2 condos for 11yrs.

My landeds were broken into twice. As for my condos, no security problems at all.

Many landed owners take security for granted. In fact twice the theft enter my house thru my neighbour's unit.

Not forgetting public transports usually do not ply within landed estates. School going children and grannies have to be vigilant if they need to walk to a bus stop or MRT stations.

Beside the spade of break-ins in Siglap not too long ago, this is another reminder.....

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/three-colombians-charged-yunnan-crescent-burglary-20130314

So security was one of the reasons we move to high rise condo w guards.

Landed owners save some money under false sense of security.

This is a Real Fact.
    Do you still own any of the terraces?

And his latest post

haha...talking abt me?

Aiyo, may2012 is still alive, why do you need to paraphrase and cook up story on his/her behalf.

Just ask lah.

As for those enlarged font in read, I am just trying to make it real obvious about your selective reading and posting habit...

Someone obviously doesn't get the point here. What should be of most concern to readers is not why he sold but what were his feelings or views after making that decision which is why this post below is the most relevant.