Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    i may not be clear when i refer to materials.....i'm referring to the interior part of both PI and Miro. the tiles used, door installed, brand of sink used, etc.

From what I hear and see, Miro 's interior stuff will be of higher quality/grade. Sadly, I've not visited Miro's showroom
    not sure if miro showflat is still up and running, but the entire miro site is now a solid concrete slab - not sure if far east has decided to park this on hold once again.

Quote Originally Posted by repanse71
    Now the expanded road is under-utilized. Waste of public money.
    Wondered if LA/LTA knew where's PI main entrance would be when they decide to expand and improve the road, or they just ASS-umed.

regards
    from a resident's point of view... it's good - no reasons to complain. makes the drive in/out via suffolk way soo much better.

on the other hand, suffolk road's way too narrow to be a 2 way road. the big construction vehicles have created havoc a couple of times trying to navigate in/out of the construction site (think it's the lucida site). the cars trying to get in/out of suffolk way had to wait for at least half an hour before the massively long structure managed to squeeze its way out. an absolute nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by raetan
    The facilities in PI are very basic to the t. Very surprising given the 233000sq ft of land size. A condo with just 90000 sq ft of land can accomodate all the PI facilities, without vying with 486 residents. The developer could have done so much more with the land they have. No steam room, no suana, no play pool, no games room, no billiard room, no foot reflexology path, no squash court, no table-tennis table, no golf putting green, no mini golf driving range, no jogging track, no karaoke room, no bowling alley... Plus the whole area really doesn't feel as big as the brochure describes it to be.

Next, the location. Though the developer is marketing it as a Newton project, I am not convinced. I find the the whole PI plot is nearer to Thomson road than Newton Road. If you drive along Thomson Road, you can see PI very clearly & very near too. But if you drive along Newton Road, you can see that it's not as near. I believe this is the reason why PI is priced lower than Evelyn side of condos... which are really 100% Newton. However the opposite side of Lincoln Road, which has the future Miro, Lincoln Residences & Lincoln Suites are more Newton and therefore will definitely command a higher premium than PI, & equal value, if not more value than the Evelyn side of condos. In property location, especially small Singapore, just a street away or opposite sides of road can mean a difference in prestige, perception & price.
    i'm ok with the facilities still, at this point in time. in fact, the more facilities that need to be maintained, the costlier the maintenance fees will be. hope the fees will go down when we form our mgmt committee. as it is, i don't use them much. i do, however, enjoy the space on the lawn. it's something not many devts can offer.

hafta agree on keppels' lousy choice of wall colour. they couldn't have picked anything much worse. oh well, i have learnt to ignore that ghastly orange over time.

not debating which part of newton is better, just stating my personal preferences. i do like the residences@evelyn side. it's nice, quiet (most times except sundays) and has a very surreal feel about it. i do dread buckley road a little as it's rather crowded and narrow. i enjoy the slow walk through gilstead road to the gentle road side - thoroughly peaceful.
    that said, i am enjoying my stay at PI.
    Last edited by duckweed; 12-05-09 at 12:10.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    i'm ok with the facilities still, at this point in time. in fact, the more facilities that need to be maintained, the costlier the maintenance fees will be. hope the fees will go down when we form our mgmt committee. as it is, i don't use them much. i do, however, enjoy the space on the lawn. it's something not many devts can offer.

I do like the space too . It is something that a lot of people has taken it for granted and when a management committee is form I would very much vote for a repainting of the wall color...

I like my stay in PI too , the city view is fantastic and can see fireworks during National Day ... lovely .

Quote Originally Posted by carpel
    I do like the space too . It is something that a lot of people has taken it for granted and when a management committee is form I would very much vote for a repainting of the wall color...

I like my stay in PI too , the city view is fantastic and can see fireworks during National Day ... lovely .
    hi neighbour
    it's great to find a fellow resident... finally!

if you review topo of the area, PI is located next to the drain. whilst evelyn side is on the high side, esp. residences at evelyn which is at the top and the topo slides down towards newton road.

newton one and trilight and dunearn are much lower or same road level with newton road and keng lee road..

PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM $1,387,000 1,001sq ft 1,386psf May-09
    PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM $2,305,000 1,690sq ft 1,364psf May-09

Latest 2 caveats just lodged. But I can't imagine people paying above 1400psf at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM $1,387,000 1,001sq ft 1,386psf May-09
    PARK INFINIA AT WEE NAM $2,305,000 1,690sq ft 1,364psf May-09

Latest 2 caveats just lodged. But I can't imagine people paying above 1400psf at this point.
    according to someone from keppel land, only 2 units left to sell (think it's stack 10).

the smaller 4 bedrooms? did he say how much they are asking for those 2 units?

according to someone from keppel land, only 2 units left to sell (think it's stack 10).

the smaller 4 bedrooms? did he say how much they are asking for those 2 units?
    sorry, didn't ask. wasn't looking to buy/sell.

no offence to any owner of stack 10, but i don't like the layout for stack 10 - seems very cramped for a 1690sqft unit. the other 4 br stack (stack 12?) is so much better.

well, the price difference is also much bigger between the 2. Despite the big difference in size, the psf of the other 4 bedroom has traditionally commanded more (record setting 1700psf there). So the difference in absolute quantum is about half a million at least and buyers need to make a choice whether they feel the half a million more is worth it.

sorry, didn't ask. wasn't looking to buy/sell.

no offence to any owner of stack 10, but i don't like the layout for stack 10 - seems very cramped for a 1690sqft unit. the other 4 br stack (stack 12?) is so much better.

i hear developer raised d prices....investors sure die-lor

raised to what psf?

since duckweed said left 2 4 bedroom units, still need to raise prices?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    i hear developer raised d prices....investors sure die-lor

raised to what psf?

since duckweed said left 2 4 bedroom units, still need to raise prices?
    around 1500 psf. smaller units higher floors.

Hmm, I thought the smaller units also sold already?

Quote Originally Posted by richie$$$
    around 1500 psf. smaller units higher floors.

Anyone can confirm the price increase ?

YFG

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Heard the smaller unit (about 9xx sqft) sold for about $1440+ psf. Now it seems most sellers around Newton / Novena area asking for at least $1500 psf. However, before these sellers start dreaming that they can sell at >=$1500 psf, they better go look at this Park Infinia unit sold at $1440+ psf again. Do they have such high floor and completely un-obstructive & impressive view NOW & in FUTURE (because it seems in front unlikely to be blocked in future as no more place to build new tall buildings) as to sell at even higher price than this particular unit? Buyers also better go and take a look to enjoy the impressive view of this 9xx sqft unit so that you can make a comparison later, don't be 'carrot-head' when agents told you "so & so" unit sold at about $1500 psf, so the condos they are selling also worth so much or even more because of blah blah blah. Buyers also better bear in mind that many condos in Newton & Novena areas are being transacted mostly at about $1000 psf (some even less) before the property bubble in 2007 and the highest ever transacted during the bubble is about $1600+ psf! People paying $1440+ psf is already paying close to peak market prices! (Does now seem like economy booming to justify this price?)

Hmm, I thought the smaller units also sold already?
    Last edited by teddybear; 30-06-09 at 15:35.

even vista residences, which is at balestier road area, is selling at 900 - 1000 psf???? and so many people bought... so i can imagine that people in novena/ newton area is asking for 1500 psf.

i'm also thinking... REAL or NOT??? i've monitoring the prices in this area for a while but the shoot up is quite sharp... on the other hand, if so many people buy at this price and i don;t get in early ... i dunno how i'm going to buy anything at a "low" price later...

The so-called 'shoot-up' super high prices which the agents like to quote are for a very selected few choice units and they are usually very high floor units with un-obstructed and very impressive views (go and view them for yourselves and you will know). However, most of the other condo units in Newton/Novena area are blocked left, right, and centre. They don't justify the same premium as these selected choice units. Good for you if you wish to buy at $1500 psf. Anyway, you are doing the sellers and would-be sellers great service and contributing to Singapore's economy!

Oh yes, by the way, before 2007, properties in Newton/Novena area (not including the Cairnhill area) were transacted even below $700 psf! (E.g. Strata transacted $688 psf in 2001; too many cases to quote). The asking prices have definitely "shoot up"!
    For me, since the price is up almost double within 8 years and I always treat any deal with business sense and as such I don't see myself paying $1500 psf for Newton/Novena area and helps the sellers to 'carry the baby' till the next boom (don't know when it will come but most likely will be quite far away, may be 2018-2010 for a typical 12-years cycle?).

Balestier worth $1000 psf? Ha ha! Oh yes, a friend bought at $5xx psf there in 2005. He would be very happy to sell at $1000 psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbie Homebuyer
    even vista residences, which is at balestier road area, is selling at 900 - 1000 psf???? and so many people bought... so i can imagine that people in novena/ newton area is asking for 1500 psf.

i'm also thinking... REAL or NOT??? i've monitoring the prices in this area for a while but the shoot up is quite sharp... on the other hand, if so many people buy at this price and i don;t get in early ... i dunno how i'm going to buy anything at a "low" price later...
    Last edited by teddybear; 30-06-09 at 16:22.

I agree. The very select few choice units at PI should at best be worth 14xxpsf given the current market sentiment. Buy at 1500psf and the upside will be very limited.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The so-called 'shoot-up' super high prices which the agents like to quote are for a very selected few choice units and they are usually very high floor units with un-obstructed and very impressive views (go and view them for yourselves and you will know). However, most of the other condo units in Newton/Novena area are blocked left, right, and centre. They don't justify the same premium as these selected choice units. Good for you if you wish to buy at $1500 psf. Anyway, you are doing the sellers and would-be sellers great service and contributing to Singapore's economy!

Oh yes, by the way, before 2007, properties in Newton/Novena area (not including the Cairnhill area) were transacted even below $700 psf! (E.g. Strata transacted $688 psf in 2001; too many cases to quote). The asking prices have definitely "shoot up"!
    For me, since the price is up almost double within 8 years and I always treat any deal with business sense and as such I don't see myself paying $1500 psf for Newton/Novena area and helps the sellers to 'carry the baby' till the next boom (don't know when it will come but most likely will be quite far away, may be 2018-2010 for a typical 12-years cycle?).

Balestier worth $1000 psf? Ha ha! Oh yes, a friend bought at $5xx psf there in 2005. He would be very happy to sell at $1000 psf.

Last done in PI is $1,450 psf.

Prices should have moved up another 3-5% from $1,450 lo !

This is one of the selected few choice units at high floor and with superior view that I mentioned. If choice units only $1450 psf, the rest ikan bilis low floor & poor view or no view can transact higher? If they do, buyers seem like 'carrot-head' to the sellers.

Quote Originally Posted by DKSG
    Last done in PI is $1,450 psf.

Prices should have moved up another 3-5% from $1,450 lo !

i think this is one of the last few units which developer is selling. Many Singaporeans have a wierd mentality, they would rather buy from developer at higher price than a similar unit from someone else (esp. if the seller is making a profit) at a lower price than the developer. As can be seen, June transactions still a wide range from 12xx to 14xx all depending on different, floor, view, facing, size given the huge variety of units which PI has.

This is one of the selected few choice units at high floor and with superior view that I mentioned. If choice units only $1450 psf, the rest ikan bilis low floor & poor view or no view can transact higher? If they do, buyers seem like 'carrot-head' to the sellers.

Maybe the buyer didn't manage to buy a unit from others/privates. Agents are well known of using your checque to ask for a higher price and thus have no choice but have to buy the unit from developer.

i think this is one of the last few units which developer is selling. Many Singaporeans have a wierd mentality, they would rather buy from developer at higher price than a similar unit from someone else (esp. if the seller is making a profit) at a lower price than the developer. As can be seen, June transactions still a wide range from 12xx to 14xx all depending on different, floor, view, facing, size given the huge variety of units which PI has.

not sure if i got it correct, but developer is giving buyers 1 year defect warranty. if buy from private buyers, the warranty period is either over or coming to an end.

not sure if i got it correct, but developer is giving buyers 1 year defect warranty. if buy from private buyers, the warranty period is either over or coming to an end.
    anyone can verify on this?

Yes I am quite sure from very reliable sources. Developer extend 1 year warranty from date of purchase vs others whose warranty will expire 1 year after TOP.

Quote Originally Posted by mogyi
    anyone can verify on this?

according to the caveats released today, someone paid 1559psf for a 980sq ft 2 bedder. the size indicates its one of the top most floors and I assume it is for stack 9 which would be the best stack for 980sq ft (normal size 1001sq ft). even then, i think the buyer bought it too ex. limited upside. if its not for stack the 9 then the buyer is one big big sucker.

Heard that there is indeed one 2 bedder unit on stack 9, something like 28 or 29th floor where developer is asking like 15xx psf. Not sure whether it is this one? I have seen this unit before and the view is superb! However, regardless of which stack and which floor and what view, paying such price for this location is like... .

If I don't know that there is a recession still going on, I would have thought that we are still in Dec 2007 when every economic report coming out is so SUNNY and everybody enjoying HUGE PAY RISE year after year! This 1559 psf is already very close to the peak price ever transacted in Park Infinia in late 2007/early 2008!

according to the caveats released today, someone paid 1559psf for a 980sq ft 2 bedder. the size indicates its one of the top most floors and I assume it is for stack 9 which would be the best stack for 980sq ft (normal size 1001sq ft). even then, i think the buyer bought it too ex. limited upside. if its not for stack the 9 then the buyer is one big big sucker.

i think the peak for stack 9 in 07 was 16xx, that's why i thought not much upside if you buy at 1559psf. yes, i think the information coincides, should be a 28-09. i think 29-09 is the penthouse. yup, for stack 29 you need at least #25 or 26 to clear the upcoming Lucida and remain completely unblocked panaromic view. but VIVA coming up on the left side would be a slight eyesore.

Again, it illustrates my point that if you are an individual seller of the same unit, you cannot command developer's price. Funny Singaporean mentality or maybe its just that developer has clout and easier to sell. Individual seller would have gotten 14xx at best i think.

Heard that there is indeed one 2 bedder unit on stack 9, something like 28 or 29th floor where developer is asking like 15xx psf. Not sure whether it is this one? I have seen this unit before and the view is superb! However, regardless of which stack and which floor and what view, paying such price for this location is like... .

If I don't know that there is a recession still going on, I would have thought that we are still in Dec 2007 when every economic report coming out is so SUNNY and everybody enjoying HUGE PAY RISE year after year! This 1559 psf is already very close to the peak price ever transacted in Park Infinia in late 2007/early 2008!