Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Infinia (D11, Freehold, Keppel Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    well, we already have the first 1559psf 2009 benchmark for D11 at PI.

its kind of strange. PI's peak psf was 1700 in 2007. To buy above 1500 seems really wierd. just look at stock markets, even after doubling or tripling off their lows, some stocks are still less than half their 2007 highs. would there really be so many unaffected people to chase PI at >1500psf?
    demand and supply forces. not to mention neighbours are seeing much stronger rupiah. quickly convert into USD/SGD

let's wait a while. thats wat i've been saying for the past 12 months.....down or up ...still waiting

yup, waited for 12 months already, may as well wait for another 12 months. in the post above i only listed those 1400psf and above transactions. there are also many transactions done at 12xx and 13xx recently but for poorer facing.

e.g. #16-14 at 1280psf, #06-05 at 1250psf. #06-04 at 1230psf.

Quote Originally Posted by dmonddd
    demand and supply forces. not to mention neighbours are seeing much stronger rupiah. quickly convert into USD/SGD

let's wait a while. thats wat i've been saying for the past 12 months.....down or up ...still waiting

yup, waited for 12 months already, may as well wait for another 12 months. in the post above i only listed those 1400psf and above transactions. there are also many transactions done at 12xx and 13xx recently but for poorer facing.

e.g. #16-14 at 1280psf, #06-05 at 1250psf. #06-04 at 1230psf.
    problem is when the prices are to your favor, really low....the problem as mentioned before - valuer cant value at your desired purchase price, and bank's margin of financing is lower & based on lower valuation.

no issue for ppl with more than 50% cash for downpayment and those who work in banks wih benefits on lower interest rate and higher financing margin

precisely. it always only benefits the cash rich. perhaps next time round (provided not another credit crisis), if just a "normal" recession, banks may lower but able to finance 70% instead of 60 or 50 only. So at the least, find enough cash+cpf to pay 30% upfront.

problem is when the prices are to your favor, really low....the problem as mentioned before - valuer cant value at your desired purchase price, and bank's margin of financing is lower & based on lower valuation.

no issue for ppl with more than 50% cash for downpayment and those who work in banks wih benefits on lower interest rate and higher financing margin

precisely. it always only benefits the cash rich. perhaps next time round (provided not another credit crisis), if just a "normal" recession, banks may lower but able to finance 70% instead of 60 or 50 only. So at the least, find enough cash+cpf to pay 30% upfront.
    may not be only 30% upfront...as banks will finance 70% of valuation
    if valuation is lower by another 20%, the bank will only finance 56% of your purchase price. cpf & cash upfront 42% instead of 30%

Simple calculation:
    purchase price $1000 psf, valuer can only give value at $800psf
    bank finances only 70% of $800psf = $560psf
    buyer now forks out $420psf instead of $300psf (budget all out)

Size of 1000sq ft property translates into additional of $120k.

but if the market turns down, then u be yaya and offer to buy only at valuation mah. now of course sellers yaya and no choice but like you said, how many pple can/is willing to buy at only 56% financing currently?

may not be only 30% upfront...as banks will finance 70% of valuation
    if valuation is lower by another 20%, the bank will only finance 56% of your purchase price. cpf & cash upfront 42% instead of 30%

Simple calculation:
    purchase price $1000 psf, valuer can only give value at $800psf
    bank finances only 70% of $800psf = $560psf
    buyer now forks out $420psf instead of $300psf (budget all out)

Size of 1000sq ft property translates into additional of $120k.

but if the market turns down, then u be yaya and offer to buy only at valuation mah. now of course sellers yaya and no choice but like you said, how many pple can/is willing to buy at only 56% financing currently?
    had chances at D11 newton properties park infinia, residences@evelyn two three months ago when financing margin was lower and prices were flat. your mention of buying at valuation prices did not work leh.

the sellers were not willing to sell at valuation prices at that time? i thought quite a few units were transacted at valuation then?

had chances at D11 newton properties park infinia, residences@evelyn two three months ago when financing margin was lower and prices were flat. your mention of buying at valuation prices did not work leh.

if you disregard the top 5 transactions at 1400 and above and the 3 lows below 1300psf. recently, actually most units were transacted at 13xx:

24-04 1380
    04-16 1377
    07-09 1350
    17-04 1314
    17-09 1386
    14-04 1303
    04-09 1342
    14-10 1364
    02-09 1309

noticed that the bulk of transactions 1300 and above are mainly concentrated in stacks 04, 09 and 10? particularly stack 9 regardless of which floor. of course most of this is also the result of them clearing stock at stacks 4, 9 and 10 which they value more than their other remaining units.

i meant in terms of size/view combi, stack 9 being a 2 bedder has a lower quantum than stack 2. i have no doubt that stack 2 is the best stack in PI.

yeah, i think block 6 will at least be partially blocked by VIVA (not directly but an eye-sore nonetheless when you look out to the left from the balcony hee) which is a pity, it was really THE premium 3 and 4 bedder block.

yup, i managed to get hold of the recent caveats:

#27-09 1559psf confirmed.
    #26-10 1450psf
    #26-09 1477psf
    #23-08 1400psf
    #24-09 1424psf

So far, the handful transacted 1400psf and above.
    just re-read your earlier posting... and noticed you mention size/view combi. my bad

thanks for the string of caveats.... feels good knowing prices are moving up. not that it really matters anyways. i have no plans to sell - up or down - makes no diff to me.

Parc Centennial is 19 storey? so #2x still have the view i think?
    should have been a little clearer - was referring to the mid-floor units since the earlier post by denverusa mentioned mid floor units.

even then, i think the view will still be pretty good. just realised those with orchard view can enojoy the changing colours of orchard central. look pretty cool at night.

yeah, i think depending on stack/view at least its now 12xx to 14xx vs 10xx to 12xx earlier this year. i think this is quite fair but to pay 15xx, i still think not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    just re-read your earlier posting... and noticed you mention size/view combi. my bad

thanks for the string of caveats.... feels good knowing prices are moving up. not that it really matters anyways. i have no plans to sell - up or down - makes no diff to me.

parc centinial is jus one building so it doesnt block the entire 270 degrees scenery. the totally unblocked scenery stretch from CTE, jalan besah, concourse, suntec, marina , IR, raffles city, the entire CBD area, istana, orchard area until shangrila hotel and bukit timah (for penthouse). mid floor also can see cos i went to see several units in stk 2 from low, mid to penthouse .

yeah, but for the mid floors i guess its just irritating to have a building sticking out on the right side (direction of fireworks )

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    parc centinial is jus one building so it doesnt block the entire 270 degrees scenery. the totally unblocked scenery stretch from CTE, jalan besah, concourse, suntec, marina , IR, raffles city, the entire CBD area, istana, orchard area until shangrila hotel and bukit timah (for penthouse). mid floor also can see cos i went to see several units in stk 2 from low, mid to penthouse .

Quote Originally Posted by denverusa
    sounds good... i had no idea it's that extensive. thankfully no frosted glass for PI. i kinda like the greenery around the istana area.

One of my agent told me that stack 3 being directly facing the Orchard & Istana has a better view than stack 2. Stack3 will not be blocked by Parc Centinial. I do not have a chance to see stack3 because nobody is selling the high floor unit now. Can anybody verify?

stk 3 high flr thot developer is hv 1 unit ? u can ask knight frank agent. dun like stk 3 cos all rooms are west facing !! for the rooms, there is more bukit timah view, i thk u can even see until pasir pajang. very hot, the living and dining also smaller areas compared to stack 2.

forget to add stk 2 low and mid floor, all rooms hv full pool view. for high floor u can see esplanade, tanjung rhu and the sea ! v nice. when i was at the penthouse, u hv tis feeling that whole singapore is at yr feet !

that is true for their living room. however, MIRO is coming up directly beside it and that limits its view. in addition, over the next few years, the construction of MIRO would make stack 3 less desirable, bearing the direct impact of dust and noise and a building (as tall as PI) coming up so close by.

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    One of my agent told me that stack 3 being directly facing the Orchard & Istana has a better view than stack 2. Stack3 will not be blocked by Parc Centinial. I do not have a chance to see stack3 because nobody is selling the high floor unit now. Can anybody verify?

Quote Originally Posted by dormer
    i too don't really like stack 3 for the same reasons:
    - west facing
    - round layout, so lagi more wastage. if i recall correctly, mbr is really alot more smaller than the similar 3br units in other stacks
    - never seen the orchard view, so cannot comment if it's nice or not. i suppose one will not get any pool view, only the basketball halfcourt
    - miro coming up at some point in time, so some blockage will happen
    - dust and noise, can't run away, think practically all the units kena.

called tanjung rhu pau today from workplace, aiyoh, the piling i heard over the phone was horrendous - must be coming from viva site.

yeah, the VIVA havoc is coming, next up Miro and Rochelle and The Lincoln Residences!

The havoc is scary. My best example is The Metz which TOP in 2007. 2 years later, it looks so dirty, old and jaded. The tennis court is so dusty it looks like the marks can never be removed. This is a result of the construction of Suites at central, St Thomas Suites and Skypark coming up beside it.

Quote Originally Posted by duckweed
    i too don't really like stack 3 for the same reasons:
    - west facing
    - round layout, so lagi more wastage. if i recall correctly, mbr is really alot more smaller than the similar 3br units in other stacks
    - never seen the orchard view, so cannot comment if it's nice or not. i suppose one will not get any pool view, only the basketball halfcourt
    - miro coming up at some point in time, so some blockage will happen
    - dust and noise, can't run away, think practically all the units kena.

called tanjung rhu pau today from workplace, aiyoh, the piling i heard over the phone was horrendous - must be coming from viva site.

low floors still can get at low end of 1200s psf

Smile rental

I am the owner of a brand new 2+1 unit in block 2A, i just got the key one month ago, i d like to rent it out at 4.8k, if anyone is interested, pls call 92257582.

Quote Originally Posted by maraniz
    I am the owner of a brand new 2+1 unit in block 2A, i just got the key one month ago, i d like to rent it out at 4.8k, if anyone is interested, pls call 92257582.
    Why do u give an agt's no.? Are u the agt acting as owner

haha! 92257582 Fanco Chen! Stupid agent should call himself Fan Tong Chen! Think we are fools who dunno how to use Google!

on second thought, maybe this Fantong Chen really owns the unit. he bought it at $1600 psf and now needs to sell at $1000 psf.

no leh, highest ever price transacted for the 2+study is 1500psf. among the recent buys from kepland, highest was 1314psf only for #17-04. but $4800 rental for 2 + study is hard to achieve in this kind of market i think.

Quote Originally Posted by orange
    on second thought, maybe this Fantong Chen really owns the unit. he bought it at $1600 psf and now needs to sell at $1000 psf.

whatevever it is , dun think we should call anyone stupid in this forum......we can choose to ignore the post . have a great week everyone !

congested...it gives me feel of public development with the many units.
    my wife cant seem to convince me to buy a unit here. and i cant find any other reasons other than big land area to accept this project.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

This condo gives me a feel of being "mass market", reminds of "Executive Condominium" where building >400 units in 1 limited size estate is a norm for EC. Then, people start to realize that the facilities are not enough (facilities by itself are large but divide by 486 units in Park Infinia and suddenly people start to realize that it is very small indeed!).
    Just to quote 1 example for this 486 units condo estate: 2 tennis courts => on average 283 units share 1 tennis court (vs norm of about 150 sharing 1 tennis court).
    The same can be said about the swimming pool, gym etc facilities. Ops, there is only 1 shower in the toilet beside the swimming pool!

congested...it gives me feel of public development with the many units.
    my wife cant seem to convince me to buy a unit here. and i cant find any other reasons other than big land area to accept this project.