Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: URA Prince Charles $960psf

Its time we stop listening to all the analysts and gurus lah...

If there are so smart why need to come out and talk so much...
    Buy and sell can make lotsa of money whey still need to work?

I once had a friend who told me that she has a friend that works as some big shot director in a property firm ok!!! But then dare not commit to buy a property since 2003.... only now buy one.... after market run up so much...

Talk very easy one lah.... ask them commit more than 1m then got inertia...

This wing tai boss really funny.... classic case of trying to talk down the market so that he can bid for a few pieces of land to get in the market, but nobody listen to him so he can't beat them then join them lah lolx...

But seriously, the way the market is going up now, I also blur... will it stay up, will it go further up or will it go down? tough call now...

But if you look at the way Singapore is building our infrastructure like MRT, roads, gardens, museums, art gallery, tourist attractions, like river safari, while HKG is full of pollution, jams, no parks, cramp buildings, too many people and yet the price is 2x ours then you wonder will one day people discover Singapore is really a gems and bid our prices up till HKG prices.

Let me quote another example.... those Gen Y people 18-30s generation hates HKG.... they have no past experiences of HKG when SIN was still catching up with HKG, so when they visited HKG, they say nothing to do...

While I am haring comments from Hongkongers..... that SIN is really happening and FUN!!!! I mean, when was the last time you hear hongkongers say SIN FUN!!!!

So I really feel SIN is really a Gem.... prices might go up...
    But then not sure if gahmen will allow prices to go up much more or not...

Tough call....

PS: I am no analyst, just TCSS only

Quote Originally Posted by stl67
    with 500m might as well en bloc some free hold site like tulip. they were asking for 500m right?
    They asking for 1150 psf = 650m....
    I think if Tulip now put itself back on the enbloc market now sure at get buyer...

The farrer road and farrer drive GLS land sale LH99 years already 1100psf liao....

I think D'leedon will start to have brisk sales very soon....

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    WT is a poor developer.
    you are right man...their development so so only...

Did you see Tessarina?
    So many units but the pool so small and the clubhouse so close to the pool, no place to walk at all man

I do not believe up is the only way to go but I do have the same feelings as you. There are so many developmental inertia (real ones) pushing the market along.

I visit HK twice a year and the taxi drivers seem interested to visit our new attractions. Comparatively, SG's living environment is much better and the air is cleaner. As to why I still visit HK regularly, it is for the traditional markets, watches and roast goose!

Quote Originally Posted by CCR
    Its time we stop listening to all the analysts and gurus lah...

If there are so smart why need to come out and talk so much...
    Buy and sell can make lotsa of money whey still need to work?

I once had a friend who told me that she has a friend that works as some big shot director in a property firm ok!!! But then dare not commit to buy a property since 2003.... only now buy one.... after market run up so much...

Talk very easy one lah.... ask them commit more than 1m then got inertia...

This wing tai boss really funny.... classic case of trying to talk down the market so that he can bid for a few pieces of land to get in the market, but nobody listen to him so he can't beat them then join them lah lolx...

But seriously, the way the market is going up now, I also blur... will it stay up, will it go further up or will it go down? tough call now...

But if you look at the way Singapore is building our infrastructure like MRT, roads, gardens, museums, art gallery, tourist attractions, like river safari, while HKG is full of pollution, jams, no parks, cramp buildings, too many people and yet the price is 2x ours then you wonder will one day people discover Singapore is really a gems and bid our prices up till HKG prices.

Let me quote another example.... those Gen Y people 18-30s generation hates HKG.... they have no past experiences of HKG when SIN was still catching up with HKG, so when they visited HKG, they say nothing to do...

While I am haring comments from Hongkongers..... that SIN is really happening and FUN!!!! I mean, when was the last time you hear hongkongers say SIN FUN!!!!

So I really feel SIN is really a Gem.... prices might go up...
    But then not sure if gahmen will allow prices to go up much more or not...

Tough call....

PS: I am no analyst, just TCSS only

CCR, I like your analysis. Here's mind

1. Price drop only if major recession and people lose their jobs. So when will this happen is the question?
    2. I dont think anytime soon. Why? US and Europe are in shit. They have already pumped in so much money. They will not want this to go to waste. So everytime things begin to look bad, they pump in again. QE1, QE2, Operation twist, QE3, etc.....
    3. They cannot take the pain. I remember 1997, they forced Asia to go on austerity measures before loan can be approved. Malaysia rejuected. Thailand and Indo caved in. But now, they cannot do it.
    4. Hot money will continue to come here. How long is anybodies guess. But definitely >1 year. After 1 year, reassess.
    5. If not for cooling measures, the prices would have sky rocketed.
    6. Because of CM, we prevented a big bubble forming.
    7. Land price bids are still high.

So my take is you will see gradual rise of property prices. If it hits double digit %, additional CMs will kick in. So, slow and steady. There will be shocks here and thereover the next few months, like Greece next payment. That is when the stock market will drop and people start to worry, then another round of loan will resolve it and stocks rally again. Just an example.
    I am looking at certain key dates for stock play to go in and out. haha.

This is just me doing the TCSS walk. Take all this with a pinch of salt. I am no guru, just coming here to TCSS.

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    luxurious tender front page already sealed the result of this project

WINGSTARRRRRRRRRRRR
    Affordable means small

hmm quite close to the new Interpol Global Complex

even wing tai is itching for a piece of the action after taking a long break.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeboxsupporter
    Change strategy, Wing Tai Malaysia also inactive for 3 years and recently acquiare an expensive land in KL !
    Maybe they were influenced by Mr B and they missed too many boats so now cheong ahhh!

Like your analysis too

Peak nowhere near. QE injection into the world not ending. US will commit to do whatever it takes to prevent deflation and slipped into what Japan is now. Fed always committed to do inflation targeting and recently unemployment targeting. So I would say this property cycle will last as long as our interest rate due to them is kept low low. It could be 7-8 years to a decade. They promised 2013 interest rate, 2015 interest rate and maybe interest rate till 2018 later on? don't know what Mr B is thinking

Quote Originally Posted by chestnut
    CCR, I like your analysis. Here's mind

1. Price drop only if major recession and people lose their jobs. So when will this happen is the question?
    2. I dont think anytime soon. Why? US and Europe are in shit. They have already pumped in so much money. They will not want this to go to waste. So everytime things begin to look bad, they pump in again. QE1, QE2, Operation twist, QE3, etc.....
    3. They cannot take the pain. I remember 1997, they forced Asia to go on austerity measures before loan can be approved. Malaysia rejuected. Thailand and Indo caved in. But now, they cannot do it.
    4. Hot money will continue to come here. How long is anybodies guess. But definitely >1 year. After 1 year, reassess.
    5. If not for cooling measures, the prices would have sky rocketed.
    6. Because of CM, we prevented a big bubble forming.
    7. Land price bids are still high.

So my take is you will see gradual rise of property prices. If it hits double digit %, additional CMs will kick in. So, slow and steady. There will be shocks here and thereover the next few months, like Greece next payment. That is when the stock market will drop and people start to worry, then another round of loan will resolve it and stocks rally again. Just an example.
    I am looking at certain key dates for stock play to go in and out. haha.

This is just me doing the TCSS walk. Take all this with a pinch of salt. I am no guru, just coming here to TCSS.
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    even wing tai is itching for a piece of the action after taking a long break.
    Look at their cash balance sheet 800million. OMG
    Affordable means small

Quote Originally Posted by yjcai
    Look at their cash balance sheet 800million. OMG
    I SCREAM ICE-CREAM

Even China is lending support to Euro...

When those who complain buy their BTO flats, they will naturally become sellers in 5 years time. They will complain why price never go up!

Germany more trustworthy than ben, obama and wall street ... Gold Hit all time high again in euros
    Ride at your own risk !!!