Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mackenzie 88 (D9, Freehold, Galaxy Capital)

Like I said we should look at average if comparing diff project. but even looking at the general specs of the project itself will gives you a good guide which would be a better investment in terms of general specifications itself. however, it will also depends very much on individual taste and preference as "one man's meat is another man's poison". even if talking about the valuation by the professional valuer, they take into consideration of a lot of factors that may potentially affect the valuation of the property concern. however, its only what had been announced by the authorities concern or "as it is" condition both the property and the vincinity.

Pet

why? Guest

you still do not get it. valuers seem to concentrate too much on the location (95%) of the time and neglect most other aspect. I give you a hypothetical situation. If an Arab prince one day decides to buy a plot of land in Woodlands and develop a high end condominium in that area with state of the art interior and finishes, charging 2k psf, people with a fixed mindset in singapore would definitely be saying crazy, right? My question is why can't prices in the outer regions breach prices in the central core even when it has everything to offer in the outer region? don't forget, singapore is just a small island and even london, which is the central core of england is many times bigger than singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by Petmail
    Like I said we should look at average if comparing diff project. but even looking at the general specs of the project itself will gives you a good guide which would be a better investment in terms of general specifications itself. however, it will also depends very much on individual taste and preference as "one man's meat is another man's poison". even if talking about the valuation by the professional valuer, they take into consideration of a lot of factors that may potentially affect the valuation of the property concern. however, its only what had been announced by the authorities concern or "as it is" condition both the property and the vincinity.

Pet

MP Guest

it is like saying why do we need so many constituencies when the whole of singapore could effectively be a single constituency and voters can simply cast their votes as a nation, right?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by why?
    you still do not get it. valuers seem to concentrate too much on the location (95%) of the time and neglect most other aspect. I give you a hypothetical situation. If an Arab prince one day decides to buy a plot of land in Woodlands and develop a high end condominium in that area with state of the art interior and finishes, charging 2k psf, people with a fixed mindset in singapore would definitely be saying crazy, right? My question is why can't prices in the outer regions breach prices in the central core even when it has everything to offer in the outer region? don't forget, singapore is just a small island and even london, which is the central core of england is many times bigger than singapore.

There must be good reason why the prices in d9/10/11 is better than the rest generally. Do remember, in London, the properties in the core/heart of London are selling way above the outskirt and even within the heart of the city we have prices different among them too. Its also depending on the popularity of the location that the prince wanna choose. What kinda of buyers is he targetting, and whether he will be really keen to price it at 2000psf etc. what would be the facilities available around the area besides the facilities within the development. The accessibilities to the financial centre can also be one of the factor. putting yourself into the position of an investor, would you buy a property in a new country to you at the prime price yet its not even close to the prime or heart of the town/city etc. in this world, nothing is fair and that's the reason why prime are always prime. if everything is fair then there will be no need for financial centre in all countries with their individual currencies. likewise would you think any city in the world will have all area selling at the same price, be it close to the heart and outskirt of the city where none of the facilities are available within reach. Marsiling will be able to command the 2000psf if the Prince is able to shift all the financial activities and main core buildings, stat board, offices, commercial mall into it before it will reach the same ratings as those in the prime districts. analyst and valuer have to be realistics and they also have to justify the investment value returns if the wanna price it at 2000psf when the rest are at 400psf. if we are talking about a difference of 200-300psf then in that case. can it because of the tenure? or is it the age, etc. Things does happens because of a good reason not cos it will just happen. Likewise for the lehman bros, they crash cos of very good reason why they crashed not cos they crashed just like that.

Just my two cents worth.

Pet

2013-05-16 #XX-XX 538 1,616 2007-07-17 1,240 202,288 2,130 4.6

1616psf, not far from highest psf
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Petmail has a good point. That is why I believe even more strongly in my gut feeling that CCR will rocket this year.

So this area undervalued? Still asking $1.6k - $1.9k psf only..d9 .....freehold and near mrt..

Quote Originally Posted by propertyhans
    So this area undervalued? Still asking $1.6k - $1.9k psf only..d9 .....freehold and near mrt..
    The area there is a little out of place and isolated, hence prices are a little lower as compared to those nearer to Mount Sophia. However the big push for that area will come when DTL complete in 2015; just 5 stations from Marina Downtown station, and when URA release those hotel sites along Mackenzie Road for tender. And I believe the hotel should also include Rex theater as well as all those old shop houses near Selegie Area.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by propertyhans
    I oso feel this area is srsly undervalued. imagine it fetching similar price to faber walk which is in ocr, leasehold n not walkable from mrt ...

when I see mackenzie address, I think of Little India. when I see mt sophia I think of plaza singapura and downtown. there is a reason for the price gap between mt sophia and mackenzie.

when I see mackenzie address, I think of Little India. when I see mt sophia I think of plaza singapura and downtown. there is a reason for the price gap between mt sophia and mackenzie.

Quote Originally Posted by leesg123
    agree but dun u agree tat the shd oso be a price diff betw Mackenzie n faber walk?

Quote Originally Posted by mermaid
    agree but dun u agree tat the shd oso be a price diff betw Mackenzie n faber walk?
    What if D5 turns out a new prime location in future?

Anyway, I agree CCR is cheap now. wonder if it is undervalued or there is over supply. Otherwise, very difficult to explain.

that is because the surrounding land are not developed yet. Come 2015 when DTL complete, URA should put up those site for tender. Hopefully they will make Mackenzie road 2 way traffic instead of just one way.
    "Never argue with an idiot, or he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    that is because the surrounding land are not developed yet. Come 2015 when DTL complete, URA should put up those site for tender. Hopefully they will make Mackenzie road 2 way traffic instead of just one way.
    maybe, but the fact is also that Little India is the nearest mrt to it! lol, imagine people ask you for direction to Mackenzie...Oh take mrt till LITTLE INDIA lor...

maybe, but the fact is also that Little India is the nearest mrt to it! lol, imagine people ask you for direction to Mackenzie...Oh take mrt till LITTLE INDIA lor...
    Chinese might not appreciate it as much as Caucasian, thats why most tenant there are european expats

Default Vue 8 Residence VVIP preview

Guys, the VVIP preview is confirm ! Please call me to register your intertest ! Or feel free to visit my website at www.vue8condominium.com

Guys, the VVIP preview is confirm ! Please call me to register your intertest ! Or feel free to visit my website at www.vue8condominium.com

Last edited by Zen Chong; 22-06-13 at 13:55.

Last edited by Zen Chong; 22-06-13 at 13:55.

The VVIP preview is confirm ! Please call me @ 87774222 to register your interest ! Or feel free to visit my website at http://www.vue8condominium.com

The VVIP preview is confirm ! Please call me @ 87774222 to register your interest ! Or feel free to visit my website at [URL="http://www.vue8condominium.com"]

Quote Originally Posted by lionhill
    I wun rule out such possibility, but by the time D5 becomes prime, many RCR will oso become prime

Anyway, I agree CCR is cheap now. wonder if it is undervalued or there is over supply. Otherwise, very difficult to explain.
    cos OCR is increasingly, incredibly more n more exp. so sooner or later, focus will be back to CCR, RCR until OCR is pretty undervalued again ... its a vicious cycle, turning back

well, I wun rule out such possibility, but by the time D5 becomes prime, many RCR will oso become prime

cos OCR is increasingly, incredibly more n more exp. so sooner or later, focus will be back to CCR, RCR until OCR is pretty undervalued again ... its a vicious cycle, turning back

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    Chinese might not appreciate it as much as Caucasian, thats why most tenant there are european expats

Actually Mackenzie is on the "good" side of little India...it is only when u venture to the other side then u will see a lot of indians...

If anyone is considering mackenzie 88, i will suggest u look at Parc Mackenzie instead, I viewed both previously. I think Parc Mackenzie is much more well maintained although they are of ablout the same age...

Pricing wise, they will go up. becos sometime mid last year, there was already a project launching at $19xx psf? can't remember the name. hence in comparison, mackenzie (both parc and 88) are well valued....