Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910152025 ... LastLast

Thread: The worst is over, The golden age is here

Quote Originally Posted by Laguna

Yes, this is the year of equity, especially for certain markets. Sg equity market may not be that attractive.
    USA/Europe/CHina?

Quote Originally Posted by Shanhz
    USA/Europe/CHina?
    I just had some simple write up in the bond thread

Quote Originally Posted by phantom_opera
    1月26日,河南省焦作市一楼盘开盘销售,吸引近千名购房者前来,上午9时开始选房后,现场秩序一度失控,多名保安维持现场秩序,1个多小时之后,104套住房宣告售罄

I've been to 省焦 when I went to Yuntai Mountain some years back.
    This development should be located in the new town just besides the plan 南水北调 project. I was told by the locals that 河南省焦 is the only city in china which will have the river flow cutting through the city center. And 省焦 is about 30mins drive to YunTai mountain which is classified as 世界地质公园. Very beautiful.
    https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=y...w=1440&bih=687.

From the picture, I observed one interesting thing. Did you notice that the sold floor area of 57.55sqm has an effective floor area of 115sqm? So these are some form of loft units. The developer is smart as the effective price drop from by half from 5445 down to 2723 per sqm. Smart move.

Quote Originally Posted by PN
    I've been to 省焦 when I went to Yuntai Mountain some years back.
    This development should be located in the new town just besides the plan 南水北调 project. I was told by the locals that 河南省焦 is the only city in china which will have the river flow cutting through the city center. And 省焦 is about 30mins drive to YunTai mountain which is classified as 世界地质公园. Very beautiful.
    https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=y...w=1440&bih=687.

From the picture, I observed one interesting thing. Did you notice that the sold floor area of 57.55sqm has an effective floor area of 115sqm? So these are some form of loft units. The developer is smart as the effective price drop from by half from 5445 down to 2723 per sqm. Smart move.
    Typo should be 焦作市
    Luckily Ah B is not here anymore or he will say China property already 50% down. Singapore will be next............2015
    Last edited by PN; 30-01-13 at 22:32.

interest rate normailzation has begun but at a slow pace
    Ride at your own risk !!!

Default Golden age has just started

China's services industries index soars

[BEIJING] China's services industries expanded at the fastest pace since August as gains in retailing and construction aid a recovery in the world's second-biggest economy.

Jobs report pushes Dow closer to all-time high

THE US stock market finished near its all-time high last week, after the biggest January rally since 1997.

Oil prices strike four-month peaks

[LONDON] Crude oil prices spiked to four-month peaks last week, energised by the weak dollar, mostly upbeat global economic data and Middle East tensions particularly in Syria, while other commodities mainly rose

China's services industries index soars

[BEIJING] China's services industries expanded at the fastest pace since August as gains in retailing and construction aid a recovery in the world's second-biggest economy.

Jobs report pushes Dow closer to all-time high

THE US stock market finished near its all-time high last week, after the biggest January rally since 1997.

Oil prices strike four-month peaks

[LONDON] Crude oil prices spiked to four-month peaks last week, energised by the weak dollar, mostly upbeat global economic data and Middle East tensions particularly in Syria, while other commodities mainly rose
    The shift to a new equilibrium will result in higher valuation of asian assets. Don't believe in "1997 asian financial crisis style" capital pull back. This time they are weak and we are strong.

Many are saying 2013 will be the year for stock market. With properties dulling, maybe this will be THE year. Any brave prediction for STI? 4000?

with Apple moving manufacturing back to USA, and the likes of others to follow... is this really the recovery of USA?

Global Stocks Signal No Loss of Better World to Come
    By Whitney Kisling and Adria Cimino
    February 03, 2013 6:00 PM EST
    Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Queue

Stocks in the world’s developed nations posted the best start to a year in two decades, a sign the global economy is poised to accelerate after contractions in Japan, the U.S. and Europe, if history is a guide.
    The MSCI World Index (MXWO) of stocks in 24 markets rose 5 percent in January, the most since 1994, as individual investors pumped record deposits into mutual funds, U.S. profits increased for an 11th quarter, central banks kept interest rates at record lows and growth from Europe to China improved. The last two times stocks gained this much in January, world gross domestic product expanded at least three times the 2.4 percent that economists forecast for 2013, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.
    While market strategists say that equities have already recorded most of this year’s gains, bears who predicted declines at this point in 2012 only to see the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index (SPX) close up 13 percent, are being overlooked. Bulls say the rally is just getting started after U.S. investor sentiment rose to a two-year high and billionaire Warren Buffett offered to buy the parent of the New York Stock Exchange.
    “People are just positive that the economy is really going and now they’re putting money in the stock market,” Jerome Dodson, whose Parnassus Fund has beaten 99 percent of its peers in the past five years, said in a Jan. 29 phone interview. He oversees about $7.3 billion in San Francisco. “There’s much more confidence that the economy’s on stronger ground now.”

first timers, this is your last chance to get ABSD discount, do not procrastinate, Mai tu Liao, 7m population will send OCR to hk level of 2kpsf in next 10y

first timers, this is your last chance to get ABSD discount, do not procrastinate, Mai tu Liao, 7m population will send OCR to hk level of 2kpsf in next 10y
    Rental will also go to HK level?
    Our salary will also reach HK level?
    Maid salary will also reach HK level?

and in the next 10year, what is HK level?

Quote Originally Posted by hopeful

HK will be around where we are now (sg level)

I just spoke to a friend came back from BJ to escape toxic PM2.5 air ... he said Beijing is terrible, in entire month, barely a few days you have good air

check this chart

http://www.pm2d5.com/city/beijing.html

HK not too far behind in terms of pollution

And think about this ... Singapore BTO is so damn cheap, HK cheapest unit at NT(East)/(West) effective psf is 2000psf (if you factor in lift space, carpark etc) ... many talented ppl will rather become Singapore citizens

Quote Originally Posted by indomie
    HK will be around where we are now (sg level)
    so you saying in 10 years time, singapore property price will increase to the current hk price and hk property price will decrease to the current singapore price?

so you saying in 10 years time, singapore property price will increase to the current hk price and hk property price will decrease to the current singapore price?
    possible if HK becomes as polluted as Beijing today

TOKYO - Japan's Nikkei share average climbed for a fifth straight day to a fresh 33-month peak on Monday as a softer yen led exporters higher, and hints of a recovery for troubled consumer electronics companies saw Panasonic Corp and Sharp Corp attract buying from retail investors.
    The Nikkei rose 0.6 per cent to 11,260.35, and the broader Topix gained 1.4 per cent to 955.75.

now u understand why I so confused you sell all your properties in Singapore? on top of that, hanging around in this forum, u find prices of properties in Singapore will continue to rise. on top of that, got absd of 15 %.
    u nice guy. at least u didn't try to talk down the property market. U accept as it is.

wat I don't understand is, the writing is on the wall and yet so many people cannot see. so many seem to be blind

Quote Originally Posted by Sam88
    now u understand why I so confused you sell all your properties in Singapore? on top of that, hanging around in this forum, u find prices of properties in Singapore will continue to rise. on top of that, got absd of 15 %.
    u nice guy. at least u didn't try to talk down the property market. U accept as it is.
    you didnt notice the question marks ??
    i was questioning on what basis singapore 7m population will send ocr price to S$2000psf in 10 years time?

you didnt notice the question marks ??
    i was questioning on what basis singapore 7m population will send ocr price to S$2000psf in 10 years time?
    u only need to look at indo over the past 5 years to figure out. look at jakarta today compared with 5 years ago.

that's why I still don't understand why u put ? when the writing is on the wall.

i hope you bot properties in indo like indomie. indomie bot many properties in indoneisa and Singapore.

Cheers indomie

Optima already transacted at 1500psf ... even there is a 20% correction later ... it is not hard to imagine 2000psf at D16 at 2020

2013-01-08 #XX-XX 700sqft 1,486psf
    2010-06-30 950psf

ECO:

2013-01-04 #XX-XX NEW SALE 850sqft 1,520psf $1,292,415 HDB

u only need to look at indo over the past 5 years to figure out. look at jakarta today compared with 5 years ago.

that's why I still don't understand why u put ? when the writing is on the wall.

i hope you bot properties in indo like indomie. indomie bot many properties in indoneisa and Singapore.

Cheers indomie
    Come on bro... I made mistake too. I sold a property in jakarta 3 months ago. I sold for 3 billion rupiah. Now the asking price is 3.6 billion rupiah.

Come on bro... I made mistake too. I sold a property in jakarta 3 months ago. I sold for 3 billion rupiah. Now the asking price is 3.6 billion rupiah.
    rule number 1 on property investment.
    NEVER SELL EVERYTHING. ALWAYS STAY VESTED.

u stay vested just in case u sala. if u sell everything and prices cheong or policy changes, u may not be able to afford anymore.

rule number 1 on property investment.
    NEVER SELL EVERYTHING. ALWAYS STAY VESTED.

u stay vested just in case u sala. if u sell everything and prices cheong or policy changes, u may not be able to afford anymore.
    very good advice, you reduce your position, not remove your position

Default Australia: Shares extend rally to 4.5-year highs

another sign of golden age

if you made a profit, what mistake is there?

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    if you made a profit, what mistake is there?
    Just a moment ago I received an email saying a slightly smaller unit is asking for 4.6 billion rupiah from the developer...goodness gracious.

Just a moment ago I received an email saying a slightly smaller unit is asking for 4.6 billion rupiah from the developer...goodness gracious.
    if you made profit, just be at peace with yourself. all these are hindsight. if the market crashes, you will be patting yourself on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    if you made profit, just be at peace with yourself. all these are hindsight. if the market crashes, you will be patting yourself on the back.

2 years ago only 1.6 billion now 4.6 billion. Look at the price in the picture.